Combustion Man runs the world leader gauntlet

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

The Red Lotus has hired Combustion Man to assassinate various world leaders from his time and Korra's time. Can he get past each leader's protection and complete his mission?

Combustion has a week to plan his attack on each leader. He has very basic information but can get more information. His prosthetic arm and leg are now made of platinum, making them immune to metalbending

Each of the leaders is in his or her palace/office with bodyguards. They become aware of Combustion Man shortly before he arrives (enough time that he can't just cheap shot the leader and to allow the leader and guards to be ready, but not enough time to extensively prepare or move the leader). The fight begins, will the leader survive?

If the leader can fight he or she can defend himself or herself too, just to be clear

Round 1: Earth King Kuei

Protectors: Long Feng and 10 Dai Li

Round 2: Republic City President Reiko

Protectors: 10 metalbending cops

Round 3: Tonraq

Protectors: Desna and Eska

Round 4: Huu

Protectors: Tho, Due, and 8 other water benders

Round 5: Suyin Beifong

Protectors: 10 Metal Clan security

Round 6: Firelord Zuko (as of the comics)

Protectors: Mai, Ty Lee, Suki, and the Kyoshi warriors

Round 7: Firelord Ozai

Protectors: Azula, Mai, Ty Lee

Can Combustion Man complete his mission?

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely stops at 7

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely stops at 7

Think he clears the rest?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: technically speaking metal benders metal bend him with utter ease and end him so he stops at 2 . XD, but as for the actual thread he stops at either 4, or 7 imo.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Arcus1

@killerwasp said:

@arcus: technically speaking metal benders metal bend him with utter ease and end him so he stops at 2 . XD, but as for the actual thread he stops at either 4, or 7 imo.

Right, didn't think of that...I'll edit the op so they can't win that easily

Why do you think he stops at 4 or 7?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: 4 only cause huu is such a baller man, him being a swamp vine monster i feel would be tank the hits and deliver him a swift defeat. XD As for 7 because i feel there are two powerful fire benders with two well trained people as well. Plus of course azula being the tactical genius behind it, and they technically have prep due to u allowing them to know hes onto them. However, i could be wrong.

"Right, didn't think of that...I'll edit the op so they can't win that easily" <--Also u know that aint the first time as well. XD

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Does he clear the other 6 rounds?

@arcus: 4 only cause huu is such a baller man, him being a swamp vine monster i feel would be tank the hits and deliver him a swift defeat. XD As for 7 because i feel there are two powerful fire benders with two well trained people as well. Plus of course azula being the tactical genius behind it, and they technically have prep due to u allowing them to know hes onto them. However, i could be wrong.

"Right, didn't think of that...I'll edit the op so they can't win that easily" <--Also u know that aint the first time as well. XD

Yeah...you know :)

Huu hasn't always fared too well against explosions. In the Invasion his plant monster was blown apart when a bomb landed in it. He survived perfectly fine though

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i guy with metal limbs up against 10 mental benders yea i don't see that ending well for him.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i guy with metal limbs up against 10 mental benders yea i don't see that ending well for him.

see the op, his metal limbs are platinum, so they can't be metalbent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: true, but they are on their home turf. XD

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he could stop at 6

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator
MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rounds 1 and 2 are going to be a cakewalk for Combustion Man. His explosive power was incredible, and neither leader can defend themselves and would have to rely on earth shields from their bodyguards. A few quick blasts should take out the majority of the defense so he can move in for the kill.

Round 3 is a bit tougher, but I still see him taking the win. The sheer range he has is incredible, and the explosive force of his attacks are difficult to avoid with pure evasion the way Desna and Eska usually fight. Even blocking isn't very effective as shown when Katara had to use a large wave from the Air Temple's fountain to block a single shot. I don't see these three surviving long enough to properly close the distance.

Round 4 is much the same problem as before, only this time the main target is more defended but also much, much less mobile. Huu is just a larger target, and the bombs that took him out during the invasion were fire crackers compared to Combustion Man's blasts.

Round 5 is pretty tough, but Suyin was having a hard time against P'li with her sister and a few other metalbenders. I don't see her and some cannon fodder benders taking out Combustion Man alone.

Round 6 Combustion Man MIGHT stop here. Zuko was shown to barely be able to block Combustion Man's attacks, though he certainly can't win alone. Ty Lee also is going to get wrecked, either getting caught in a blast or getting into close range only to take a metal backhand slap. Her chi blocking won't be able to shut down his firebending as all he has to do is breath and concentrate, and he has metal limbs to block and likely damage her hands if she tries to shut down his body. Not to mention the dude is huge, strong, and at least adept in hand to hand combat given how leisurely he brushed Zuko off. Mai might be the biggest issue since she has small, difficult to spot projectiles and could get information from Zuko about the third eye. Suki and the warriors get blown to smithereens though, so I still see Combustion Man taking the majority.

Round 7 I don't think Combustion Man can win. His metal limbs make him especially vulnerable to lightning, and both Azula and Ozai are masters with it. They are both more than likely able to block the blasts same as Zuko, and are very agile. Honestly if Ozai gets his flight feats from the comet he solos pretty handily.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor:

Nice analysis. No comet for anyone. Remember Suyin knows how to stun combustion benders

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll sweep until 5.

5 is hard-ish.

But he bends fire with his brain!

Round 6 will be easier than 5 IMO, non-benders are weak opponents for the man, and zuko can't block all his attacks.

And then there is round 7.

He ain't killing the Phoenix Lord.

Nope.

Azula alone is not an easy girl to pick on.

She's incredibly agile.She can fly. She can cast lighting.She is hot.

With dada it simply becomes a game of "pick one, the other will zap you".

The moment combustion man focuses on one, the other casts lighting upon him.

Cya Combustion man.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see him getting past 1-3 But he surely stops at 4.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: I figured Zuko could block attacks, and Mai could sneak in shots, while the Kyoshi Warriors (who by now know at least some chi blocking) could be a distraction, while the metal clan doesn't have that kind of varied skill set.

Azula is fairly attractive in a psychopathic kind of way

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat: I figured Zuko could block attacks, and Mai could sneak in shots, while the Kyoshi Warriors (who by now know at least some chi blocking) could be a distraction, while the metal clan doesn't have that kind of varied skill set.

Katara's ice shards(that have dented rock and broke chains) literally bounced off combustion man.

I don't know how much mai could be useful.

The warriors get all one shotted( and i mean with one shot they are all down).

I could debate chi would flow differently in a man without some limbs, and even without that the man could shot to the ground, and even the most agile character in the series can avoid a omni-directional shock-wave.

While the metal clan are coordinated and could actually attack at range effectively. Thick metal objects could actually stop a blast without serious damaging the defender, unlike water bending does.

This is why i see metal clan as more hard to crack for the combustion man.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: ahhh he still stop at 2 for me though those blast only get you so far

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:

Katara's ice shards(that have dented rock and broke chains) literally bounced off combustion man.

I could debate chi would flow differently in a man without some limbs, and even without that the man could shot to the ground, and even the most agile character in the series can avoid a omni-directional shock-wave.

While the metal clan are coordinated and could actually attack at range effectively. Thick metal objects could actually stop a blast without serious damaging the defender, unlike water bending does.

That seems reasonable, though in theory with the limited warning they have the Kyoshi warriors would be in position to potentially ambush an attacker. I don't think they'd be all in formation ready to get blown up

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Definitely stops at 7

Possibly at 6 too IMO.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:

That seems reasonable, though in theory with the limited warning they have the Kyoshi warriors would be in position to potentially ambush an attacker. I don't think they'd be all in formation ready to get blown up

Ambush..... try physically attacking him......

Of course.... that sure worked fine with zuko.

Combustion's man durability is absurd. Zuko, that is physically stronger than a kyoshi warrior and can cut thru steel did not make him blink with a kick to the face.

as i've already said, katara's steel-smashing ice shards bounced off him.

The kioshi warriors are non factors.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:

Ambush..... try physically attacking him......

Of course.... that sure worked fine with zuko.

Combustion's man durability is absurd. Zuko, that is physically stronger than a kyoshi warrior and can cut thru steel did not make him blink with a kick to the face.

as i've already said, katara's steel-smashing ice shards bounced off him.

The kioshi warriors are non factors.

To be fair, Combustion Man blocked Zuko's kick, he didn't just let Zuko beat on him

When have Katara's ice shards smashed steel?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Could possibly stop at 3 or 4. Definitely at 5.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to resurrect this thread @norrinboltagonprime21: she had the advantage of surprise when she did that, no guarantee she could do it here to CM

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@arcus said:

Time to resurrect this thread @norrinboltagonprime21: she had the advantage of surprise when she did that, no guarantee she could do it here to CM

I know its no guarantee, I just like that gif.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers