• 127 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@etheral_dreams:

I'm guessing Combustion Man didn't use a full power blast on Zuko, since Zuko was like a couple feet away from him.

When did a fire blast disperse a wall significantly larger than Zuko's?

Zuko had also never used that move before, so we've never seen it overcome by lesser force

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By DeathHero61

Sorry but they stop at round 2. They aren't beating Cap. Cap is not only too fast for them. But he physically matches anyone in avatar. In fact as bold as it is, if it wasn't for earth bending, I'd argue that people like captain america could potentially solo the avatar universe(any character 1v1) I really don't see why azula and zuko are not in round 2 while cap and bucky are in round 3.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Arcus1

@deathhero61: You know this is movie Cap right?

I definitely don't think Cap could solo any Avatar character, at the very least he's not beating any Avatars or bloodbenders

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Movie cap? Or damn then he gets annihilated LMAO.

And i completely forgot about blood bending. And he can beat an avatar. With pure skill, agility, speed and defensive and offensive maneuvers. The only threat is truly earth bending.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: How's he supposed to beat an Avatar who's flying and protected by an air sphere? An air bender could pick Cap up or sweep him away with airbending, waterbenders could flash freeze, just a couple examples

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@deathhero61: How's he supposed to beat an Avatar who's flying and protected by an air sphere? An air bender could pick Cap up or sweep him away with airbending, waterbenders could flash freeze, just a couple examples

Here is the thing. How are they dealing with his speed or the force or accuracy of his shield throws? Or his agility and martial arts skill. Flash freezing seems to be a last resort, and not all water benders use it in the first place.

Amon without bending managed to take on all types of benders without using his own bending. So why can't cap? He took on korra.

Avatar state of course i cannot see captain america taking on a avatar state korra or aang. It would be silly for me to say so. But an avatar at base should be no problem since their bending is reliant on themselves not the fact that they are an avatar in the first place.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

At first I thought you said he could take an Avatar in the Avatar state, my mistake

Amon did use his bending to fight, he subtlety used bloodbending to throw off benders' aim, and he still got tagged by Tenzin

You're right, your average bender would have an extremely difficult time with Cap, only a master would really stand a chance. If Cap could get up close, the benders would be done. However, powerful benders could give Cap problems at mid-range. For instance, airbenders like Zaheer have shown the ability to pick people up with airbending and throw them around. They might not be able to take Cap down easily, but at the very least they could keep some distance. And I would assume a skilled airbender would be able to dodge Cap's shield, or maybe even catch it with airbending. Flash freezing isn't the most common waterbending move, but I think it's common enough to be a factor. Katara, Desna and Eska, Unalaq, Ming Hua, and Tonraq have all done it, I think Tonraq's was the best. Firebending wouldn't be a great counter for Cap, but firebenders are usually better at h2h than say water or earth benders (fire bending' based on Kung Fu after all) so that might help slightly, but not much.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know enough about PJ from the books to know what he could do here. In this location I can see a good fight in round 3 (Azula has impressive agility, cunning, and fighting skill), but I think the odds favor the CB's for a majority. If they can make it past 5 then they probably stop at 6.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Arcus1
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@thunderbolt30: why do you think they stop at 6?

Mainly Superboy but the YJ team is just more powerful and impressive. I think they will have a hard time putting Superboy down due his Kryptonian durability. It would really just be a matter of time until he got a hold of one of the benders and that would be it.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: That's bull. CM never showed himself holding back, ever. Also, Zuko has made shields of fire before.

Anyway, doesn't change the fact that the benders can't tag Percy.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Arcus1

@etheral_dreams:

You wanted an explanation for why CM's blast seemed weaker that time compared to all the other times, I gave you one. Do you have an alternative?

Also, when has Zuko made a fire shield using that move before?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: The explanation is clear: his blasts are inconsistent.

Also, I'll try to find the exact moment.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: so the one time he has a smaller blast is the time it would make sense to have a smaller blast, but it's not because he can control his blast size, it's just because they're inconsistent? If they're just inconsistent, then why don't we see inconsistencies more often?

Ok

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hulkage

Definitely stops at five due to hurricane

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage:

IIRC he's never used the hurricane without being near the ocean or at least a very large body of water, much larger than 2 swimming pools.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: The books say he generated them himself not that he used the ocean

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: I'm just going off the fact that he's only ever used that power when he's by the ocean or a very large body of water, never any other times that might have been useful. As far as evidence goes, there's no proof that he can use a hurricane like he's done before without being near a very large body of water.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DeathHero61

@arcus said:

@deathhero61:

At first I thought you said he could take an Avatar in the Avatar state, my mistake

Amon did use his bending to fight, he subtlety used bloodbending to throw off benders' aim, and he still got tagged by Tenzin

You're right, your average bender would have an extremely difficult time with Cap, only a master would really stand a chance. If Cap could get up close, the benders would be done. However, powerful benders could give Cap problems at mid-range. For instance, airbenders like Zaheer have shown the ability to pick people up with airbending and throw them around. They might not be able to take Cap down easily, but at the very least they could keep some distance. And I would assume a skilled airbender would be able to dodge Cap's shield, or maybe even catch it with airbending. Flash freezing isn't the most common waterbending move, but I think it's common enough to be a factor. Katara, Desna and Eska, Unalaq, Ming Hua, and Tonraq have all done it, I think Tonraq's was the best. Firebending wouldn't be a great counter for Cap, but firebenders are usually better at h2h than say water or earth benders (fire bending' based on Kung Fu after all) so that might help slightly, but not much.

No way too much fire power. He is fast and agile and his shield is enough to block attacks easily and all but it would be too much AOE and firepower to deal with, and AS is far too defensive depending on which avatars.

Yeah but he didn't do this all the time. He only used it when necessary.

His shield throw has too much force. IT can cut through helicopters.

No Caption Provided

He once threw his shield so hard it went through a truck. A truck.

No Caption Provided

A shield throw cannot be easily dodged. Captain america can throw his shield so fast it can catch up to missiles.

No Caption Provided

GG.

He keeps up with IRON SPIDERMAN in fights.

:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If he can take on even spiderman. I doubt most benders will be a problem.

Tonraq and Unlaq are the only ones i can see using flash freezing more. Even then it can be dodged considering the way flash freezing is performed in avatar in comparison to comicbook series.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

That's some impressive throwing

Wasn't Spider Man holding back, partly because he hero worships Cap. That's the only reason I can think of why Cap would be able to hang with and even get the better of Spider Man, who he logically shouldn't even be able to touch

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@deathhero61:

That's some impressive throwing

Wasn't Spider Man holding back, partly because he hero worships Cap. That's the only reason I can think of why Cap would be able to hang with and even get the better of Spider Man, who he logically shouldn't even be able to touch

True. But spidey and captain america have sparred on a couple of occassions cap getting the better of him with skill IIRC like this instant. Heck the way he describes captain america in his thoughts anyway completely makes whether or not he held back irrelevant in the scan.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Maybe, if you hero worship someone you're going to think they're amazing though

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DeathHero61

@arcus: Spiderman is a highly experienced combatant. Him idolizing him has nothing to do with his analysis.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By Hyperlight

stops at percy

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at percy

Why do you think they stop there?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, anyone else?

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hyperlight

@arcus: they are good benders but long feng and his dai li don't have the defensive capabilities to defend themselves and take out the duo. especially not at a distance of 500 ft. they will be caught of guard at the sheer power of the combustion benders

2. the concussive force of the benders blasts are enough to really hurt the super soldiers the benders could drop a building on them. although the super soldiers definitely win of they can close the gap

3.azula and zuko are much more likely to get hurt then the other two. they can win with lightning but the siblings bending packs less of a punch than the other team

4.ghazan and ming-hua will not close the distance fast enough so they get blown up

5. percy can beat them because he is physically superior by a large margin and has wider control over his element then they do

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

They ain't getting past round 6 and am ready to debate for them y.j kaldur and conner stops them for sure

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: feel free to share any points if you've got them

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: "What does MCU stand for? I thought Marvel Comics Universe? IDK"

You're joking. 0_0

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: he was resisting multiple punches from project match who was virtually superman's equal, resisting punches from amazo who was 'accessing' superman's powers, he is faster, he hits harder, and he already had combat training from black canary.

Kaldur creates hard water constructs and fuse it with electricity, he projected electricity from his hand to hurt conner(well by touching him), his hard water 'dragon' resisted a bomb when he and red arrow wanted to catch chesire( and battle takes place with 2 swimming pools) and his water shield resist machine gun fire and punches from conner. kaldur is strong enought to go toe-to-toe with conner resisting multiple punches from him(he could not block most due to conner being faster, but he already had combat training/experience so he could hit conner enough for him to affect him) he even walked out of the fight with no noticeable injury whatsoever.

Combustion benders are fast but striking power is slow compared to conner and kaldur

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino:

Nice points

IIRC his hard water dragon thing got blown up by Cheshire's bomb, which is strange cause he had just blocked a much larger explosion but it happened

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: ya the hard water 'wall' tanked an explosion or something similar meant for the senators(or whoever they were).

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: Yeah, I guess his dragon thing wasn't as durable or something

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, any more arguments?

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: with percy being physically superior by a large margin and wider range of offensive capabilities( earthquakes, hurricanes, etc) I think he will take the win

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight:

He's never used earthquakes offensively or even intentionally, as for the storm do we know if he can use it without a significant body of water? How do you see him overcoming the range disadvantage?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And they likely lose every round from 4 outwards

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, anyone else want to contribute?

Dreadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends at percy . He has offensive defensive and regen weapons surrounding him using the two pools plus their water sorce plus the water systems from the building the battlefield is on he could summon enough water to flood the battlefield

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Arcus1

@dreadpool: Combustion Man's blasted through water attacks before

Dreadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: anything like hurricanes though and if he floods the area around them they would be disoriented and unable to aim would they?

Dreadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Similar to what he did to luke in the first movie.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool: possibly, they could also just blast through and evaporate the water

Dreadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: interesting I feel like that match up would be a long battle with both sides volleying attacks really. What are the combustion benders feats for endurance and durability ?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool: I can try to post some videos later, they're both fairly strong

Dreadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds good I know with percy there is the trip through Tarturus also due to the battlefield he could be replinished from any of the sources of water