#1 Posted by Dark Steel (40 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Done before. Anti-metal claws. Black Panther.

#4 Posted by Dark Steel (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Colossus."

Why?

#5 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, Vibranium has changed so much from what I remember it to be. It absorbs vibrations, and now it's what, the anti-metal? I forget what all it can do. Can someone tell me?

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

The vibranium is in his suit and boots. The claws are anti-metal, a different vibranium, which breaks down metal on contact.
Post Edited:2007-08-08 14:11:10

#7 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"The vibranium is in his suit and boots. The claws are anti-metal, a different vibranium, which breaks down metal on contact.
Post Edited:2007-08-08 14:11:10"

I sees, but I'm sure this has been brought up, even if it's an unexplained organic metal-like material?

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's been tested on Colossus, but if it's called metal, even "metal-like" I think it's metal enough.
Post Edited:2007-08-08 14:19:43

#9 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I don't think it's been tested on Colossus, but if it's called metal, even "metal-like" and Magneto can affect it, I think it's metal enough."

Ah, I see. Well, that makes sense enough. Uhhgg, comics can be confusing, eh?

#10 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is your description, courtesy of the BlackPanther. Its from space, so it can be anything. Oh yeh and the anti part of the name signifies the fact that it is the opposite, against or without the metal.

By the way vibranium is not a type of metal but a different compound entirely.

Wakandan variety

Wakandan Vibranium, often referred to as Vibranium as it's the most commonly known of the two varieties of Vibranium, is native to the small country of Wakanda. It possesses the ability to absorb all vibrations in the vicinity as well as kinetic energy directed at it. The energy absorbed is stored within the bonds between the molecules that make the substance up. As a result the more energy Vibranium absorbs the tougher it becomes.

There are limits to the capacity of the energy that can be stored, however, and although the exact limitations are unknown as of now there have been a few examples. One such instance was when the oil conglomerate Roxxon discovered that a small island in the South Atlantic had a foundation composed of Vibranium. Due to this, Roxxon found it necessary to destroy the island and blew it up with bombs. Unable to absorb the force of the explosions, the Vibranium was destroyed, but it did succeed in entirely absorbing the sound made by the explosion preventing damage to the surrounding area. Another ability exhibited by this variety of Vibranium has been the ability to mutate humans, which caused the creation of the Black Panther Cult ages ago as they saw these people as demons. Its radiation has also permeated much of Wakanda's flora and fauna, including the Heart-Shaped Herb eaten by only the members of the royal bloodline and the flesh of the White Gorilla eaten by the members of the White Gorilla Cult which both give super human abilities to whoever eats them.

Antarctic variety

Better known as Anti-Metal, it is native to the artificially created Antarctic jungle known as the Savage Land. Unlike the Vibranium of Wakanda that absorbs vibrations, it produces vibrations. These vibrations produce a specific wavelength that breaks down the molecular bonds in other metals resulting in their liquification. This effect extends to the otherwise indestructible metal known as Adamantium, although its effects on Uru, the mystical metal which comprises Mjolnir, are unknown. If huge quantities of Anti-Metal were gathered together and accumulated, the vibrations given off by the entire mass would increase logarithmically as more was added. Theoretically, if the enormous mound of Wakandan Vibranium were composed of Anti-Metal instead, the resulting vibrations would liquefy metals throughout Africa and possibly beyond. Anti-Metal is also known for being able to become an artificial and unstable form of the Wakandan variety of Vibranium through certain particle bombardments on it. Supposedly the opposite is also true, as a fraction of the sacred mound of Wakandan Vibranium was apparently converted to Antarctic Vibranium by particle bombardment.

#11 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"Here is your description, courtesy of the BlackPanther. Its from space, so it can be anything. Oh yeh and the anti part of the name signifies the fact that it is the opposite, against or without the metal.By the way vibranium is not a type of metal but a different compound entirely.Wakandan varietyWakandan Vibranium, often referred to as Vibranium as it's the most commonly known of the two varieties of Vibranium, is native to the small country of Wakanda. It possesses the ability to absorb all vibrations in the vicinity as well as kinetic energy directed at it. The energy absorbed is stored within the bonds between the molecules that make the substance up. As a result the more energy Vibranium absorbs the tougher it becomes.There are limits to the capacity of the energy that can be stored, however, and although the exact limitations are unknown as of now there have been a few examples. One such instance was when the oil conglomerate Roxxon discovered that a small island in the South Atlantic had a foundation composed of Vibranium. Due to this, Roxxon found it necessary to destroy the island and blew it up with bombs. Unable to absorb the force of the explosions, the Vibranium was destroyed, but it did succeed in entirely absorbing the sound made by the explosion preventing damage to the surrounding area. Another ability exhibited by this variety of Vibranium has been the ability to mutate humans, which caused the creation of the Black Panther Cult ages ago as they saw these people as demons. Its radiation has also permeated much of Wakanda's flora and fauna, including the Heart-Shaped Herb eaten by only the members of the royal bloodline and the flesh of the White Gorilla eaten by the members of the White Gorilla Cult which both give super human abilities to whoever eats them.Antarctic varietyBetter known as Anti-Metal, it is native to the artificially created Antarctic jungle known as the Savage Land. Unlike the Vibranium of Wakanda that absorbs vibrations, it produces vibrations. These vibrations produce a specific wavelength that breaks down the molecular bonds in other metals resulting in their liquification. This effect extends to the otherwise indestructible metal known as Adamantium, although its effects on Uru, the mystical metal which comprises Mjolnir, are unknown. If huge quantities of Anti-Metal were gathered together and accumulated, the vibrations given off by the entire mass would increase logarithmically as more was added. Theoretically, if the enormous mound of Wakandan Vibranium were composed of Anti-Metal instead, the resulting vibrations would liquefy metals throughout Africa and possibly beyond. Anti-Metal is also known for being able to become an artificial and unstable form of the Wakandan variety of Vibranium through certain particle bombardments on it. Supposedly the opposite is also true, as a fraction of the sacred mound of Wakandan Vibranium was apparently converted to Antarctic Vibranium by particle bombardment."

Hmm, well that puts it into perspective, thank you.

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

BP

#13 Posted by Bucketz (827 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther wins.

#14 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

BP

#15 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
At this current time Colossus rapes.
No more Vibranium around
And I'm not even sure B,P is at human peak levels.
#16 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
At this current time Colossus rapes.
No more Vibranium around
And I'm not even sure B,P is at human peak levels.
I'm pretty sure he is at peak human levels. He's got training and experience coming out of his ears too.
#17 Posted by Bucketz (827 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: This thread is 3 years old and at the time that is when T'Challa had the powers of the Panther god, along with his gadgets and vibranium mesh. Current BP obviously loses, but since we are talking about classic BP should win via Anti-Metal claws and Vibranium Mesh.
#18 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

If BP has his anti-metal claws then he wins, if he doesnt he loses with one hell of a headache. not enough asprin in the world for that beatin
#19 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@lectriccolossus said:

If BP has his anti-metal claws then he wins, if he doesnt he loses with one hell of a headache. not enough asprin in the world for that beatin

sounds bout right
#20 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther can win only with the anti-metal claws.

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (84035 posts) - - Show Bio
@Out_of_Space said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Yes to these.
#22 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

COLOSSUS SMACKS THE *** OUT OF HIM!
#23 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bucketz said:
@Kallarkz: This thread is 3 years old and at the time that is when T'Challa had the powers of the Panther god, along with his gadgets and vibranium mesh. Current BP obviously loses, but since we are talking about classic BP should win via Anti-Metal claws and Vibranium Mesh.
#24 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10507 posts) - - Show Bio
@Out_of_Space said: