Color Boy.... yeah who's that
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Power NeXus

I can't even find a bio page for Color Boy.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Color boy no he didnt

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By courtney12490
@Power NeXus said:
" I can't even find a bio page for Color Boy. "
He doesn't have one on Wikipedia either. It's a possibility that he meant Color Kid from the Legion of Substitute Heroes, which could make this interesting. He can change the colors of things.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By CosmicSpiral

What a useless character.

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By courtney12490
@CosmicSpiral said:
" What a useless character. "
I don't know. He could change the color of the GL's ring, giving him one that he isn't familiar with or doesn't have the emotion to power. Doesn't it take a lot of training to master a ring? Giving him one that he's not familiar with could throw the fight in his advantage.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@courtney12490 said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
I don't know. He could change the color of the GL's ring, giving him one that he isn't familiar with or doesn't have the emotion to power. Doesn't it take a lot of training to master a ring? Giving him one that he's not familiar with could throw the fight in his advantage. "
Those are two complete different things. If he just changes colors, well...I'm sure the Legion had some use for him. But if they had the physical/metaphysical changes to go with it, he could be one of the most powerful people in DC. Changing power rings like that would mean changing their very essences, from willpower to fear to rage to whatever. He could conceivably alter emotional entities too. O_O 
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By courtney12490
@CosmicSpiral said:

" @courtney12490 said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:
I don't know. He could change the color of the GL's ring, giving him one that he isn't familiar with or doesn't have the emotion to power. Doesn't it take a lot of training to master a ring? Giving him one that he's not familiar with could throw the fight in his advantage. "
Those are two complete different things. If he just changes colors, well...I'm sure the Legion had some use for him. But if they had the physical/metaphysical changes to go with it, he could be one of the most powerful people in DC. Changing power rings like that would mean changing their very essences, from willpower to fear to rage to whatever. He could conceivably alter emotional entities too. O_O  "
It says on his page that he was able to change a cloud of green kryptonite to blue, wouldn't that change it's physical properties, as well? (Playing devil's advocate)
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@courtney12490 said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:

" @courtney12490 said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:
Those are two complete different things. If he just changes colors, well...I'm sure the Legion had some use for him. But if they had the physical/metaphysical changes to go with it, he could be one of the most powerful people in DC. Changing power rings like that would mean changing their very essences, from willpower to fear to rage to whatever. He could conceivably alter emotional entities too. O_O  "
It says on his page that he was able to change a cloud of green kryptonite to blue, wouldn't that change it's physical properties, as well? (Playing devil's advocate) "
Well in modern continuity, that's translates into crazy molecular manipulation. He altered the kryptonite to give out a different radioactive signature. 
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By courtney12490
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @courtney12490 said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:

" @courtney12490 said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:
It says on his page that he was able to change a cloud of green kryptonite to blue, wouldn't that change it's physical properties, as well? (Playing devil's advocate) "
Well in modern continuity, that's translates into crazy molecular manipulation. He altered the kryptonite to give out a different radioactive signature.  "
Which is why I think that this is a fairer battle then it first appears to be. 
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By courtney12490

bump

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By sexy_merc

Who's this clown?

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By courtney12490
@Sexy Merc: Are you referring to "Color Boy?" I'm assuming that it's Color Kid from the Legion of Substitute Heroes.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sexy_merc
@courtney12490: Him being able to change the color of a Green Lantern Ring is a big maybe. Kryptonite is well known in the DC Universe and Lex has been able to do many resourceful things with it, but a ring considered the most powerful weapon in the universe would be harder to affect. The rings have built in protection sequences in them. Kyle's automatically returns to him if it's off his hand. It even had a back up electrocution device in it when he fought Grayven. Something with that much back up powers shouldn't be easily converted by Color Boy. Even if he could do it, it would take him some time for the whole process to work and just changing the color might not have an effect on the ring's ability of willpower/ imagination with correlation to it's user. A Green Lantern shield would be enough for it to not work, they could just put a GL shield around the ring. Any Green Lantern should be more than capable enough to knock him down before he can even think about changing the color of the ring.
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By courtney12490
@Sexy Merc said:
" @courtney12490: Him being able to change the color of a Green Lantern Ring is a big maybe. Kryptonite is well known in the DC Universe and Lex has been able to do many resourceful things with it, but a ring considered the most powerful weapon in the universe would be harder to affect. The rings have built in protection sequences in them. Kyle's automatically returns to him if it's off his hand. It even had a back up electrocution device in it when he fought Grayven. Something with that much back up powers shouldn't be easily converted by Color Boy. Even if he could do it, it would take him some time for the whole process to work and just changing the color might not have an effect on the ring's ability of willpower/ imagination with correlation to it's user. A Green Lantern shield would be enough for it to not work, they could just put a GL shield around the ring. Any Green Lantern should be more than capable enough to knock him down before he can even think about changing the color of the ring. "
I wasn't aware that the rings had that much protection on them. I was honestly just playing devil's advocate and trying to make the fight a little bit more fair. IMO, any GL, rookie or veteran could take Color Kid without their ring in simple h2h.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Power NeXus
@courtney12490:
Just speaking off the top of my head here... perhaps Daak1212 put color boy in this fight because he could make himself and everything around him yellow (IIRC, Green Lantern rings can not directly effect any yellow object).
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sexy_merc
@Power NeXus: They lost that immunity quite some time ago. I believe around 2006.  You can thank Geoff Retcon Johns. Basically, a Green Lantern wielder should feel fear, recognize it and overcome it in order to affect yellow objects. However during Kyle's journey as a Green Lantern, before the retcon, he states that his ring can affect yellow.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Power NeXus
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Power NeXus: They lost that immunity quite some time ago. I believe around 2006.  You can thank Geoff Retcon Johns. Basically, a Green Lantern wielder should feel fear, recognize it and overcome it in order to affect yellow objects. However during Kyle's journey as a Green Lantern, before the retcon, he states that his ring can affect yellow. "

I know that weakness is no longer current, but it's the only reason I can think of why 'Color Boy' would be pitted against a Green Lantern.