Sirealkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sirealkillz

No Caption Provided

Vs

X-Men #2
X-Men #2

Storm cant use here other powers except lightening.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rbysjti

Well, i believe Storm's lightning is powerful enough to overload her opponent.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hellos
@rbysjti said:
"Well, i believe Storm's lightning is powerful enough to overload her opponent. "

I don't know he was seemingly sucking on the city's power grid and regularly at the start of the game was getting hit with lightning. 
I say Storm walks up to him and beats him to death instead.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I loved this game. Can't wait for the sequel!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ComicStooge

Storm would just make Cole stronger with every lighting bolt.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cole is sort of "at home" in electricity. 

Storm can control electricity, but if she catches a bolt to the face when she isn't paying attention, i am pretty sure she would die. 

I don't think it would hurt cole very much to be hit with electricity. It's like throwing a bucket of water at a fish.
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tesseract

Cole FTW.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By karrob
@rbysjti said:
" Well, i believe Storm's lightning is powerful enough to overload her opponent. "
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Matezoide2
@karrob said:

" @rbysjti said:

" Well, i believe Storm's lightning is powerful enough to overload her opponent. "

"
correct
Kessler damaged Cole and vice-versa,i fail to see why Storm cant overload/damage Cole

@Hellos said:
" @rbysjti said:
"Well, i believe Storm's lightning is powerful enough to overload her opponent. "
I don't know he was seemingly sucking on the city's power grid and regularly at the start of the game was getting hit with lightning. I say Storm walks up to him and beats him to death instead. "
i completed Infamous,but i cant remember when this happened
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ComicStooge
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
"Cole is sort of "at home" in electricity.  Storm can control electricity, but if she catches a bolt to the face when she isn't paying attention, i am pretty sure she would die.  I don't think it would hurt cole very much to be hit with electricity. It's like throwing a bucket of water at a fish. "

This
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Matezoide2
@ComicStooge said:
" @Fortified_Hooligan said:
"Cole is sort of "at home" in electricity.  Storm can control electricity, but if she catches a bolt to the face when she isn't paying attention, i am pretty sure she would die.  I don't think it would hurt cole very much to be hit with electricity. It's like throwing a bucket of water at a fish. "
This "
not at all,Cole killed Kessler who had his powers and Storm has more power than they
plus,Cole can run out of energy....Storm cant
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Rby is gone and Mat defends Storm in a thread? This is for the ages.
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ComicStooge
@Matezoide:
Storm will just give him more power beacuase of her lightning strikes.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Matezoide2
@ComicStooge said:

" @Matezoide: Storm will just give him more power beacuase of her lightning strikes. "

not at all,if Cole was damaged by Kessler`s eletrecity and one of the conduits got eletric powers (IIRC),why cant Storm,who got more power than Kessler and a Conduit defeat Cole?

@Morpheus_

said:

" Rby is gone and Mat defends Storm in a thread? This is for the ages. "

what? she wins here and since Rby isnt here,someone gotta do the dirty work

Sirealkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sirealkillz

Matezoid- where do you get the we need more battle forum mods thing?

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Matezoide2
@Sirealkillz said:
" Matezoid- where do you get the we need more battle forum mods thing? "
who`s Matezoid?

:P
check your PMs
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ComicStooge
@Matezoide:
Cole can just fire what Storm fired at him back at her.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Matezoide2
@ComicStooge said:

" @Matezoide: Cole can just fire what Storm fired at him back at her. "

yeah,because thats exactly what Kessler did to Cole
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hellos

@Matezoide
said:
"i completed Infamous,but i cant remember when this happened "

Maybe my memory was off, but at the start he was causing bolts of lighting to smash all around him when exposed to the energy of car batteries. :P 
He has some amazing output for power intake.

@Matezoide said:
" @ComicStooge said:
This "
not at all,Cole killed Kessler who had his powers and Storm has more power than they plus,Cole can run out of energy....Storm cant "

Kessler was more powerful older version of Cole. Namely why he is time traveling with said abilities, creating some sort of mental psychic electric things that f----ed with your mind, teleportation and kamehameha waves of electricity. :P 
Other than fighting him Cole was essentially thriving off the stuff.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Matezoide2
@Hellos said:

" @ComicStooge said:

This "
not at all,Cole killed Kessler who had his powers and Storm has more power than they plus,Cole can run out of energy....Storm cant "
Kessler was more powerful older version of Cole. Namely why he is time traveling with said abilities, creating some sort of mental psychic electric things that f----ed with your mind, teleportation and kamehameha waves of electricity. :P Other than fighting him Cole was essentially thriving off the stuff. "
exactly,Cole was still able to damage Kessler and vice-versa,namely why i believe Storm can do worse to him
as for mental psychic,arent you confusing Kessler with Sasha`s mind controlling tar?

as for the video,i can see your point,but Cole`s powers were out of control when this happened,he had no ideia of what was happening,he doesnt know how to acess so much power without losing control,hence why he never does it
although i am willing to bet these lighting bolts were just an innitial side effect of his new powers,i think his body was ,naturaly, attracting the lighting bolts to his location
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hellos
@Matezoide said:
"exactly,Cole was still able to damage Kessler and vice-versa,namely why i believe Storm can do worse to him as for mental psychic,arent you confusing Kessler with Sasha`s mind controlling tar?   as for the video,i can see your point,but Cole`s powers were out of control when this happened,he had no ideia of what was happening,he doesnt know how to acess so much power without losing control,hence why he never does it although i am willing to bet these lighting bolts were just an innitial side effect of his new powers,i think his body was ,naturaly, attracting the lighting bolts to his location "

No I was talking about those ghost thingies that Kessler was launching at you in groups that touch you and flash his eyes on the screen.

I was thinking this was some kind of mind f---ing technique considering both Cole and his future incarnation showed some bit of telepathy through touch. Cole having the ability to check out your last memories after death and Kessler actually putting memories of essentially what was the future into Cole's mind at the end of the game.  Both him and Kessler had a horde of random abilities.

Not sure if he was drawing random lightning from seemingly a cloud free day being drawn to him. :P  
I'm almost positive he was generating it when he started draining those car batteries initially, much like I agree with what your saying completely unintentionally. The whole begining of the game has him randomly siphoning electricty from objects and such with no control over the new found abilities.(He had just apparently chowed down on a large some of people as energy at the time too I believe) Its not till later in the game he's tapping into that kind of power shooting a steady stream of lighting bolt that your moving around through streets and such, which was honestly a heck of a lot more impressive than him shooting a few by accident at the start of the game.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Matezoide2
@Hellos:  
agreed,but we gotta keep in mind his final power leaves Cole dry,if he keeps it for 4-7 seconds,he runs out of energy and requires to recharge,Storm on the other hand doesnt suffer from this problem

and yeah,your right,i got confused regarding his mental powers,but Cole never used then in a battle (assuming thats actualy possible)
ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ElderSkaar

@fortified_hooligan: Storm can't control electricity, she can only cotrol weather lightning.

Cole could drain her powers and become stronger

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: I could be wrong but I was under the impression Storm could absorb lighting attacks, or she is pretty much immune to them.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat: she never shown immunity of someone draining her powers and Cole has fire and ice attacks

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: ok, I will give it to Cole then since he seems to have faster handling of his powers.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fortified_hooligan: Storm can't control electricity, she can only cotrol weather lightning.

The bold isn't happening. Storm channels the forces of the atmosphere, both through her body or directly at her targets from the atmosphere. There is nothing Cole could do to stop her from channeling the atmosphere so he has no way to drain her even if he tried.

@wavemotioncannon: Cole shoot a ice spike to her face

This battle takes place before Cole's fire and ice powers. And even if he had them ice spikes can be easily obliterated by Storm's lightning. And this isn't factoring the concussive striking power of her lightning that could KO Cole, and the fact that Cole himself was being hurt by Kessler's lightning so I'm not seeing how Cole would win here.

@elderskaar: ok, I will give it to Cole then since he seems to have faster handling of his powers.

Storm's powers react at the speed she thinks them. Cole has zero showings to suggest he executes his powers faster than that. She has reacted fast enough to deflect lightning fired at her, as well as blocked Cyclop's optic blast at a very close range with her sky lightning, and has tagged an opponent faster than Cole (Quicksilver while he ran at superhuman speed) with a wind based attack. He has no reaction time speed advantage that I am aware of.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Storm Calling

@elderskaar said:

@wavemotioncannon: Cole shoot a ice spike to her face

She either hurls it away with her winds, breaks down the components of the ice via electrolysis, or turns it into water or mist directly.

She can control both, including bioelectricity.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: exactly.

Cole. He absorbs all of her lightning and fries her.

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cole easy

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Storm Calling

@elderskaar said:

@storm_calling: When did she control electricity?

Her control over lightning is not limited to just the weather, she actually controls many of the forces that factor and pattern the weather directly. Electricity is one of them. She can do anything from manipulate the flow of electrons, manipulate and generate electromagnetic fields, plasma, electrolysis, EMPs, electric potential, electrical impulse, ionization and bioelectricity For a complete list of scans and power explanations, check out the first post in her respect thread. The Electric Energy, Potential Energy, Precision/ Accuracy, and the Lightning Force/Pressure gradients sections should cover this.

@dygoboy said:

She's actually immune to lightning thrown back her by surprise(as of Storm #2). So this will no longer work.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar said:

@storm_calling: When did she control electricity?

Her control over weather is not limited to just the weather, she actually controls many of the forces that factor and pattern the weather directly. Electricity is one of them. She can do anything from manipulate the flow of electrons, manipulate and generate electromagnetic fields, plasma, electrolysis, EMPs, electric potential, electrical impulse, ionization and bioelectricity For a complete list of scans and power explanations, check out the first post in her respect thread. The Electric Energy, Potential Energy, Precision/ Accuracy, and the Lightning Force/Pressure gradients sections should cover this.

@dygoboy said:

She's actually immune to lightning thrown back her by surprise(as of Storm #2). So this will no longer work.

But she did not exactly show how powerful her control is of electricity. Anyways how will storm bare against Cole just freezing the area around him with Ionic Freeze? Could she get loose if her body and muscles are stained in ice? Can she survive Cole from life draining her?

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Storm Calling

@elderskaar: She dropped a danger room full of senitnels and a skrull starship with an EMP, used her electric control over the electrical forces to block a blast from Cyclops, hurt Savage Hulk(and short out the synapses in his brain), scramble the electrical synapses in Sinister's brain to induce a violent seizure, disperse Stardust's electrical energy form body(a herald of galactus), blast a hole through a hundred feet of concrete and earth into the city streets, part the earth's geomagnetic fields that protect the planet to bring in deadly sun rays to easily and quickly disperse a massive tsunami wave, channel the electrical energy of massive hurricanes through her body and so forth. Her control is very powerful and her precision is equally great.

To your other points. Storm's body can automatically compensate to extreme temperatures if she perceives his attack to be a primal one. She's physically held and flown Iceman to freeze a mountain to absolute zero without feeling any of the effects. Flown to the edge of space and was unaffected, as well as felt no ill effects from the cold of the Artic Circle or Antarctica. She's also been frozen in a block of ice by Iceman, but only for her to escape from it moments later unscathed.

The mutant Lamprey from X-treme X-men tried to drain her life energy, but she was able to rejuvenate by striking herself with lightning. The energy systems of the biosphere can supply her with a near infinite supply of life energy for her to compensate to this attack. I'll get scans for this later, but it is from X-treme X-men #39.

(Edited)

Here they are

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: She dropped a danger room full of senitnels and a skrull starship with an EMP, used her electric control over the electrical forces to block a blast from Cyclops, hurt Savage Hulk(and short out the synapses in his brain), scramble the electrical synapses in Sinister's brain to induce a violent seizure, disperse Stardust's electrical energy form body(a herald of galactus), blast a hole through a hundred feet of concrete and earth into the city streets, part the earth's geomagnetic fields that protect the planet to bring in deadly sun rays to easily and quickly disperse a massive tsunami wave, channel the electrical energy of massive hurricanes through her body and so forth. Her control is very powerful and her precision is equally great.

To your other points. Storm's body can automatically compensate to extreme temperatures if she perceives his attack to be a primal one. She's physically held and flown Iceman to freeze a mountain to absolute zero without feeling any of the effects. Flown to the edge of space and was unaffected, as well as felt no ill effects from the cold of the Artic Circle or Antarctica. She's also been frozen in a block of ice by Iceman, but only for her to escape from it moments later unscathed.

The mutant Lamprey from X-treme X-men tried to drain her life energy, but she was able to rejuvenate by striking herself with lightning. The energy systems of the biosphere can supply her with a near infinite supply of life energy for her to compensate to this attack. I'll get scans for this later, but it is from X-treme X-men #39.

(Edited)

Here they are

Thank you :-). Saved me from needing to post these. Even with Storm being nerfed to this degree she still beats Cole. And if she had full power it would be a curbstomp of epic proportions.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: Impressive, well if we look at Cole's powers this way... The Beast got a nuclear bomb straight to the face and It wasn't completely destroyed, in fact it healed the nuke in about a minute, while when Cole Macgrath used his Ionic storm on the Beast it actually crushed parts of its face which means Cole has close to the output of a nuclear bomb when using his Ionic abilities now i wonder if she can tank such powerful lightning, she should have some resistance but isn't immune from what i known of.

No Caption Provided

Cole also has telekinesis which allows him to lift objects like cars, buses, trucks and he could throw them at Storm, she might be able to dodge one or two but it would sooner or later overwhelm her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Storm Calling

@elderskaar: Average thunderstorms generate the energy equivalence of a 20 kt nuclear warhead... Storm summoned the full electronic fury of a massive thunderstorm through her body in the first section of scans I provided to you(second to the last one). This gave Polaris enough power to hurl an island off into space. His lightning attacks wouldn't be an issue for her, considering her control is likely much more powerful than Cole's. If a lightning bolt seems to be too powerful for her to tank, she could simply redirect the attack instead.

As for throwing cars, trucks or buses...

Her lightning did this to the X-jet
Her lightning did this to the X-jet
This to a sentinel factory full of Sentinels as well as the ones in space
This to a sentinel factory full of Sentinels as well as the ones in space
and this to a giant weapon
and this to a giant weapon

Good luck with that...

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By Roddy010

@storm_calling: Impressive, well if we look at Cole's powers this way... The Beast got a nuclear bomb straight to the face and It wasn't completely destroyed, in fact it healed the nuke in about a minute, while when Cole Macgrath used his Ionic storm on the Beast it actually crushed parts of its face which means Cole has close to the output of a nuclear bomb when using his Ionic abilities now i wonder if she can tank such powerful lightning, she should have some resistance but isn't immune from what i known of.

No Caption Provided

Cole also has telekinesis which allows him to lift objects like cars, buses, trucks and he could throw them at Storm, she might be able to dodge one or two but it would sooner or later overwhelm her.

Storm was shot by Nimrod Sentinels with supercharged electricity in the teravolts (1 teravolt = 1012 volts) and was merely stunned. This feat alone proves that she can tank anything Cole dishes out and then some.

No Caption Provided

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: There is nothing about Cole's lightning that suggests it contains the power of a nuke (or even close to it). His ionic storm doesn't have any damage feats superior to the scans Storm Calling and Roddy 010 showed you. I don't think his bolts have even created craters in the ground like the huge one Storm left after she obliterated all of those sentinels. And keep in mind the concussive force of her bolts can easily counter a car or truck tossed at her, like so:

Scan 1 - 2: Jean Grey just smacked a car down on top of Sebastian Shaw, who then lifted it off himself. Storm then uses the force of her bolt to easily knock the car away from him. She could deflect whatever cars, trucks, etc. that Cole sends her way.

Scan 3: The force of Storm's bioelectric lightning (not as powerful as her sky lightning) easily sends Bishop off his feet into a car (obviously ways a few tons) that he hits with enough force to send both Bishop and the car through the wall of a building. Unlike Bishop Cole doesn't have the durability to tank that kind of a hit (i.e. - he was hurt by Kessler's less powerful electric blasts) so she she could KO him here.

And just pointing out in case you didn't realize that this battle takes place prior to Infamous 2, so while the showing with the Beast is visually impressive it can't be used here anyway. Same with the ice you mentioned earlier.

@thunderbolt30 said:

Fixed

Re-fixed :)

Haha OK fine no more fixing. But....we both know that's not the case.

Cole, at least with respect to his electrokinetic attacks, has no real way of putting down Storm. He could go for the brain drain if he got close enough, but would likely get his ass handed to him since she has superior fighting skills and can even augmment her strikes (i.e. - thunderclap punches and kicks) to drop him.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cole.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinnercomix: this is funny. Can you explain HOW, with all of the clear evidence showing that even with storm being nerfed the way she is but can still hurt/KO Cole, is more powerful, and can defend against his attacks, does he win here?

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: oh lol didnt read it. I just felt like Cole would win.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: For your information, when he first got his electric powers, in the start of Infamous 1 he created a huge explosion that caused craters in the ground.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar said:

@thunderbolt30: For your information, when he first got his electric powers, in the start of Infamous 1 he created a huge explosion that caused craters in the ground.

No he didn't. To say he created that explosion suggests he had control over what happened, and from what I recall he didn't. That explosion was just his powers activating so I don't know how he can be credited with that here. He didn't demonstrate that form of attack or level of power under his control in the game.

And secondly I said his bolts hasn't shown that kind of power. I don't recall his ionic lightning or electric blasts even damaging concrete when it hit the ground. His ionic storm, at best IIRC, hit with enough power to damage cars, trucks, etc.

I'm open to being convinced, since I know Cole is powerful and versatile with his powers, but I don't recall a showing for him that suggests he is more powerful than Storm, can't be hurt by her electrical energy based abilities (that's already been proven before this old thread was bumped), or can effectively defend against her attacks the way she could against his.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way i am continuing on this thread... It's me against a bunch of other

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usernameunderconstruction said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

Fixed

Re-fixed :)

Haha OK fine no more fixing. But....we both know that's not the case.

Cole, at least with respect to his electrokinetic attacks, has no real way of putting down Storm. He could go for the brain drain if he got close enough, but would likely get his ass handed to him since she has superior fighting skills and can even augmment her strikes (i.e. - thunderclap punches and kicks) to drop him.

:D okay
just read the whole argument in storm favour.....i gotta accept that I was ill-informed about storms power

well yeah she wins given her feats are above to those of cole :)