Death or KO ftw. 
Morals are off. 
Who wins?

#2 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Electricity vs a man with metal bones?

#3 Posted by HolySerpent (12430 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole

#4 Posted by Ms. Omega (4369 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole he could static cling him to the ground.

#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

Picks him up with Elektekensis and throws him like a dodgeball, then drains him.

#6 Posted by NyghtMare (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole, easily. He arc restrains him to a building and drains his life force.

#7 Posted by Franchise1590 (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyghtMare said:

Cole, easily. He arc restrains him to a building and drains his life force.

Yup Logan isn't much compared to what Cole has fought.

#8 Posted by nickzambuto (12656 posts) - - Show Bio

Thoughts?

#9 Posted by Strider92 (16028 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure this is a mismatch. Couldn't Cole control time at one point?

#10 Posted by Alice_Summers (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: that was future alternate reality hax0r cole in a decade.

#11 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6128 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Thoughts?

Honestly? I'm not terribly fond of video game characters versus comic book ones.

From what I know of the character, he can shoot lightening in short, powerful bursts or maintain a stream of it and direct it at will.

26 feet is not a terrible distance for Logan to cover. Within a second, he could be up in Cole's face. As you are aware, there are plenty of feats that highlight this.

I can show Logan absorbing Storm's blasts from afar on multiple occasions, so a lighting blast or two is not going to take him out right away.

That, and Cole still has to nail him. He's shooting the bolts from his hands, not summoning them randomly to shoot down from the skies. Wolverine can time bullets, bolts shooting from ones hands shouldn't prove too problematic.

Whoever tags whom first wins I guess. Though I tend to believe Logan would soak far more and would require more work to put down.

In short, to 'arc restrain him' he'd have to tag him. I'm not sure what all this 'life force' draining hoopla is all about though. He can power-up from the 'neuro-electric' energy of others, but I wasn't aware he could literally drain life force. I never played InFamous though.

So whatever.

#12 Posted by Strider92 (16028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alice_Summers said:

Ah. What could normal Cole do then? Just high level Electrokinesis?

#13 Posted by JediXMan (29253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

No. He could only time travel. That was a one time use power, and "current timeline" Cole never showed that ability - only his alternate future self (Kessler) displayed that power.

But yeah, Cole stomps.

#14 Posted by Alice_Summers (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Alice_Summers said:

Ah. What could normal Cole do then? Just high level Electrokinesis?

yah and some other powers

#15 Posted by Strider92 (16028 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Strider92 said:

No. He could only time travel. That was a one time use power, and "current timeline" Cole never showed that ability - only his alternate future self (Kessler) displayed that power.

But yeah, Cole stomps.

Any chance you could explain why? I got Infamous as a free game on PS3 for the whole hacking scandal last year but never got round to finishing it. What was he like near then end or in the second because I don't recall anything that would really give Logan trouble.

#16 Posted by JediXMan (29253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:

- Flight (kinda. Sorta. Plot-device-ish)

- TK if the item is metal (lifted cars. Logan gets close, Cole can lift him and toss him like a rag doll)

- Rockets / grenades

For durability, I believe it was shown that he could survive gunshot wounds - not just gameplay. In the end cutscene with Cole and Zeke (evil), Cole took a shot from Zeke without being killed.

He also had the ability to send people flying with a shockwave (which could temporarily levitate the person).

#17 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

Shockey Shockey

#18 Edited by cooljammy18 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nickzambuto said:

Thoughts?

Honestly? I'm not terribly fond of video game characters versus comic book ones.

From what I know of the character, he can shoot lightening in short, powerful bursts or maintain a stream of it and direct it at will.

26 feet is not a terrible distance for Logan to cover. Within a second, he could be up in Cole's face. As you are aware, there are plenty of feats that highlight this.

I can show Logan absorbing Storm's blasts from afar on multiple occasions, so a lighting blast or two is not going to take him out right away.

That, and Cole still has to nail him. He's shooting the bolts from his hands, not summoning them randomly to shoot down from the skies. Wolverine can time bullets, bolts shooting from ones hands shouldn't prove too problematic.

Whoever tags whom first wins I guess. Though I tend to believe Logan would soak far more and would require more work to put down.

In short, to 'arc restrain him' he'd have to tag him. I'm not sure what all this 'life force' draining hoopla is all about though. He can power-up from the 'neuro-electric' energy of others, but I wasn't aware he could literally drain life force. I never played InFamous though.

So whatever.

Life draining, or as the game calls it "Bio-leeching," is an ability Cole can do in both Infamous and Infamous 2. Evil Cole in Infamous 2 could do a move called "Ionic Drain" in which he siphons all of the energy from beings in a wide radius, killing them. Considering that energy is pretty much the life force of most living beings, other than oxygen, him draining "life force" isn't far fetched. Since we're most likely using good Cole from Infamous 2, one would also have to take account for his newly acquired ability of controlling ice. He has combine his electric and ice power to point where he could insta-freeze an enemy with an ice rocket or grenade that doesn't require direct contact. He could use the Overlord Burst power which is a move where he concentrates electricity in his hand and fire it off at the speed of lightning, causing electricity to discharge the energy in an opponent and into the surrounding environment. This was a mostly one-hit kill when fully upgraded in the first game. Also, Cole doesn't need to tag an enemy to arc restrain them. When you unlocked a new variant of the shock grenade, the energy dispersed within the blast radius would make contact with the nearest person and take the form of the arc restraints, pinning them against the ground or wall. In short, Cole could spam lighting or ice grenades around the area between him and Wolverine and could get the incapacitation victory, considering the radius is pretty decent for the size of the grenades. Wolverine gets close? Cole in both games could shoot out a shockwave at enemies and vehicles that would also create an electromagnetic field around them, leaving them slowly floating down. Great opportunity to incapacitate with the ice/shock grenades or use the Megawatt Hammer or ice rocket. A majority of the more strong enemies, more so in Infamous 2, are fast and strong so Logan's speed alone isn't anything new to Cole, but rather his healing factor and adamantium skeleton/durability. If Cole plays it smart and defensively, which he of course will, the win isn't really too difficult at all.

Also, adamantium conducts electricity correct? If so, how did Storm's lightning not one shot Logan? A regular lightning bolt contains about one billion volts; how does his healing factor enables his neurosystem to function properly after the initial hit when consideration the currents flowing through his skeleton, heart and brain throughout his body? If anything sounds a little off honestly, it's that...IIRC, didn't Electro nearly kill him because of that or am I mistaken?

#19 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6128 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18:

Well, all that said, it's not really a fair fight now is it. Can literally stop Logan in his tracks instantaneously, then zap him till the lights go out.

As for Logan's skeleton, adamantium bonded on a molecular level creating beta adamantium which is akin to living collagen cells with the added bonus of being unbreakable, so I'm not really sure how it would interact with electricity. But we're talking comics here ... the dude gets crushed by a speeding truck and is up and running in less than a second. That doesn't make any more rational sense. Guess the healing factor is just that good (when plot calls it to be). Then he goes and gets KO'd by the butt end of a thrown katana. Not much to make sense of there.

#20 Posted by DCsuperman0007 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole curbstomps.

#21 Posted by cooljammy18 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@cooljammy18:

Well, all that said, it's not really a fair fight now is it. Can literally stop Logan in his tracks instantaneously, then zap him till the lights go out.

As for Logan's skeleton, adamantium bonded on a molecular level creating beta adamantium which is akin to living collagen cells with the added bonus of being unbreakable, so I'm not really sure how it would interact with electricity. But we're talking comics here ... the dude gets crushed by a speeding truck and is up and running in less than a second. That doesn't make any more rational sense. Guess the healing factor is just that good (when plot calls it to be). Then he goes and gets KO'd by the butt end of a thrown katana. Not much to make sense of there.

LOL if Cole was at the beginning of Infamous 1 where he was inexperienced and learning I would of given it to Logan in a decent fight. At the end of the game and definitely in Infamous 2, Cole is a powerhouse and a little too much for Logan. Logan's best bet would be able to catch Cole when he's out of energy and trying to recharge, but I'm confident to say that Cole could deal with Logan or at least keep a good distance from him if that happens. Not to mention that Cole in Infamous 2 could create an electromagnetic field that helps him pick up almost any object of reasonable size, and throw it while it's charge with electricity, causing a good size explosion, Theoretically, when talking about Logan's skeleton, Cole could possibly do this to him if he gets lethally close lol. Cole doesn't need to be charge to do this so this could be another way to counter Wolverine's charge, if it works. Yeah, Cole definitely has this match to me. :)

You should play both Infamous games btw, they're really good. :)

Looks like Jedi already mentioned the magnetic field hehe.

#22 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9875 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateHero0406 said:

Shockey Shockey

Lol...

I think the most current version of Cole is too much for Wolverine.

#23 Edited by NyghtMare (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole murderstomps this, lol. Cole could literally drain his life after throwing a tornado of lightning in his face and arc'ing him to the ground. Even if Cole gets stabbed by Wolverine, which wouldn't happen as he'd never get that close, Cole would just suck the electricity from a light pole or nearby electric source and heal. And Cole is durable, as he took a point blank shot from Zeke's magnum with no damage.

#24 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: For sure. There is nothing Wolverine can do here.

#25 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a tough battle. But i'd give it to Cole, he has more range than logan.

#26 Posted by Hyperlight (5374 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole World!

#27 Posted by PlasticBag (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole easily wins.

#28 Edited by leonkarlen123 (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole could Skull bolt him and he explodes

#29 Edited by Pope052 (2934 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole.

#30 Posted by gingerpenny (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine would be a tough fight for Cole, but Cole wins

#32 Edited by Mrnoital (385 posts) - - Show Bio

as cool as wolverine is, cole can take him out perfectly with his limited magnetic/static control, and shockwaves to keep distance

#33 Posted by MonsterStomp (15193 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be very painful for Logan.

#34 Edited by godofnick (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is a conductor lmao, Cole murderstomps. I almost want to say it's a spite too... I don't see Logan doing much to MacGrath.

#35 Edited by gingerpenny (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@godofnick: agreed Cole is way out of his league, Wolverine is tough but Cole is just power house.

#37 Edited by godofnick (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@gingerpenny Waaaait, morals off Cole? Does that mean Evil Cole? Because if so then yes this is definitely a spite.

#38 Posted by Hyperlight (5374 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure wolverine is much faster than cole amd can cover that distance pretty quickly and gut him. But cole has wayyy to many options

#39 Posted by TheKilBorne (435 posts) - - Show Bio

INB4 Lock

#40 Edited by patrat18 (8445 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by gingerpenny (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekilborne: @hyperlight: @godofnick: It's a destroy either Karma

Cole is definitely faster than Wolverine, don't even pretend Wolverine stands a chance in speed.

And stop being a fucking lock troll

#42 Posted by Mrnoital (385 posts) - - Show Bio

@gingerpenny: wait, if your saying cole destroys why tell them to stop being "lock trolls"?

you agree cole stomps

#43 Posted by godofnick (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: I think he was just talking about the "INB4 the lock" comment in general.

#44 Posted by Mrnoital (385 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Bruxae (12136 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole.

#46 Posted by Hyperlight (5374 posts) - - Show Bio

@gingerpenny: I just think wolverine is a faster sprinter and has better reflexes/reaction speed but that is his only chance. He has to get close to even do anything.