#1 Posted by MonsterObsessor (1174 posts) - - Show Bio
vs.
#2 Posted by nickzambuto (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole is highly agile himself, and a good shot of course, but Sly is agile enough to maneuver around most of his hits and deliver a skull cracking cane strike. Cole can take bullets and 10 story falls, but considering Sly crushes solid metal with his strikes he can get through.

#3 Posted by nickzambuto (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

300 views and 1 reply. lulz

#4 Posted by NeonGameWave (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole.

#5 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole stomps, Sly isn't agile enough, unless he has some tech from Bently, hes getting his ass cooked real quick.

Sly's durability isn't much to praise either, the only thing he has going for him is reaction speed and skill with his weapon. That is not enough to face someone with actual powers, this is basically Static Shock vs Nightwing and we all know who should win....

#6 Posted by nickzambuto (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Cole stomps, Sly isn't agile enough, unless he has some tech from Bently, hes getting his ass cooked real quick.

Sly's durability isn't much to praise either, the only thing he has going for him is reaction speed and skill with his weapon. That is not enough to face someone with actual powers, this is basically Static Shock vs Nightwing and we all know who should win....

Sly is plenty acrobatic enough.

There are literally entire missions in Sly 1 just dedicated to Sly toying with Carmelita, who is a far better shot than Cole, as displayed at 2:20.

#7 Edited by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: She may be a better shot, but Cole isnt using a gun, he can cast AOE electrical attacks. Technically, if it weren't up to game mechanics Cole should be able to magnetically take or control Sly's staff. I'm not saying he can, but technically it isn't out of his powerset to do so. But all he really has to do is just spam waves or electricity grenades in Sly's general direction and use that slow time precision shot before Sly can recover.

#8 Posted by nickzambuto (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@nickzambuto: She may be a better shot, but Cole isnt using a gun, he can cast AOE electrical attacks. Technically, if it weren't up to game mechanics Cole should be able to magnetically take or control Sly's staff. I'm not saying he can, but technically it isn't out of his powerset to do so. But all he really has to do is just spam waves or electricity grenades in Sly's general direction and use that slow time precision shot before Sly can recover.

Sly's perception is so advanced, he can quite literally see the world in both slow motion and fast motion. He'll have all the time in the world to react and plan when Cole throws out an attack, and it's not out of his ability to clear the blast radious of whatever Cole throws out before it detonates.

If all else fails, he can easily disappear and sneak up on Cole.

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37883 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Sly's perception is so advanced, he can quite literally see the world in both slow motion and fast motion. He'll have all the time in the world to react and plan when Cole throws out an attack, and it's not out of his ability to clear the blast radious of whatever Cole throws out before it detonates.

If you want to go by game mechances. Sly in thief reflexes can still be tagged by the characters. He doesn't move any faster than the other characters in that technique.

#10 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Or Cole can take the staff away, or use the staff to keep track of where Sly is since it is metal and has been shown picking up cars magnetically. So either way, Sly loses. He loses his only real weapon while Cole barrages Sly with lightning, Sly can't dodge lightning.

I'm sure you haven't played inFamous 2...................

#11 Posted by nickzambuto (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@nickzambuto said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

If you want to go by game mechances. Sly in thief reflexes can still be tagged by the characters. He doesn't move any faster than the other characters in that technique.

It's not game mechanics. It's a technique Sly learned from the Thevious Raccoonus. He's still limited by his own speed of course, but when the world is moving at a crawl you have plenty of time to strategize your movements so you don't get caught off balance and make a mistake.

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@nickzambuto said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Or Cole can take the staff away, or use the staff to keep track of where Sly is since it is metal and has been shown picking up cars magnetically. So either way, Sly loses. He loses his only real weapon while Cole barrages Sly with lightning, Sly can't dodge lightning.

I'm sure you haven't played inFamous 2...................

I've played all the Infamous games, you're saying since I didn't pick Cole that means I didn't play the games? Isn't the purpose of this website to debate?

Cole can control metal but he's never shown the ability to track it. If he does take away Sly's cane that's no biggie, he's gotten along fine without it on numerous occasions (the clip I posted with Carmelita being a good example)

#12 Edited by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

I've played all the Infamous games, you're saying since I didn't pick Cole that means I didn't play the games? Isn't the purpose of this website to debate?

Cole can control metal but he's never shown the ability to track it. If he does take away Sly's cane that's no biggie, he's gotten along fine without it on numerous occasions (the clip I posted with Carmelita being a good example)

No I'm not saying that since you didn't pick Cole that you didn't play the games, stop tryna start something. You just don't seem knowledgeable on things related to infamous .... considering the fact that Cole has numerous ways to defeat Sly and Sly is lacking in that very department. And you seem to just say "well sly can just dodge it" like Sly is spiderman or something.

Actually Cole can track electricity, so all hed have to do is charge the staff with electricity by electrifying the area. You may just say "Oh but Sly's gonna dodge it" but his staff will conduct that electricity. He gets tracked from there.

Carmelita is a horrible example in comparison to Cole, and what times has he gone against someone with super powers unarmed? Like I said. Cole rains lighting on Sly's head. That rhymes..........

Cole stomps

#13 Posted by God_Spawn (37883 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

He's still limited by his own speed of course, but when the world is moving at a crawl you have plenty of time to strategize your movements so you don't get caught off balance and make a mistake.

And you're contradicting yourself. He is moving no faster than anyone else and still gets effectively tagged by brutish thugs with guns so how is he effectively able to strategize when his body cannot compensate? Especially against a stronger opponent with a much larger and more dangerous area of attack. Oh, I know. He can't.

#14 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Imma just leave this here ..........

Cole stomps

#15 Posted by dondave (37415 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole ftw

#16 Posted by nickzambuto (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@nickzambuto:

He's still limited by his own speed of course, but when the world is moving at a crawl you have plenty of time to strategize your movements so you don't get caught off balance and make a mistake.

And you're contradicting yourself. He is moving no faster than anyone else and still gets effectively tagged by brutish thugs with guns so how is he effectively able to strategize when his body cannot compensate? Especially against a stronger opponent with a much larger and more dangerous area of attack. Oh, I know. He can't.

He doesn't get tagged by brutish thugs with guns. If he did he wouldn't be alive at the end of the third game since he's never been shown capable of taking a bullet.

I love how literally every impressive thing a game character has done is always game mechanics, but then game mechanics suddenly become ok when it benefits the person arguing against the game character.

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@nickzambuto said:

No I'm not saying that since you didn't pick Cole that you didn't play the games, stop tryna start something. You just don't seem knowledgeable on things related to infamous .... considering the fact that Cole has numerous ways to defeat Sly and Sly is lacking in that very department. And you seem to just say "well sly can just dodge it" like Sly is spiderman or something.

Actually Cole can track electricity, so all hed have to do is charge the staff with electricity by electrifying the area. You may just say "Oh but Sly's gonna dodge it" but his staff will conduct that electricity. He gets tracked from there.

Carmelita is a horrible example in comparison to Cole, and what times has he gone against someone with super powers unarmed? Like I said. Cole rains lighting on Sly's head. That rhymes..........

Cole stomps

Feel free to point out these numerous ways Cole can defeat Sly.

The lightning storm is something I'll admit Sly can't get around, but super moves like that and the tornado aside, Cole has nothing Sly can't evade.

#17 Posted by Immortal777 (7586 posts) - - Show Bio

Sly Cooper FTW because I like him better.

#18 Posted by jashro44 (21714 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

He doesn't get tagged by brutish thugs with guns. If he did he wouldn't be alive at the end of the third game since he's never been shown capable of taking a bullet.

I love how literally every impressive thing a game character has done is always game mechanics, but then game mechanics suddenly become ok when it benefits the person arguing against the game character.

You sort of missed the point. God_spawn wasn't saying that game play mechanics are allowed to be used as low showings. He was using it as an example why we don't allow them. Stuff that happens in game play is the result of the players skills. Typically only stuff that happens in cut-scenes is excepted.

#19 Posted by nickzambuto (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto:

You sort of missed the point. God_spawn wasn't saying that game play mechanics are allowed to be used as low showings. He was using it as an example why we don't allow them. Stuff that happens in game play is the result of the players skills. Typically only stuff that happens in cut-scenes is excepted.

That's what I'm saying. Sly's advanced perception is not a gameplay mechanic, it's a technique he learned from the Thevious Raccoonus. god_spawn countered that by saying Sly still gets tagged by goons, which is simply not true. THAT is determined by the player's skill, but by the third game since Sly survived, obviously it didn't happen in canon.

#20 Posted by jashro44 (21714 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto:

That's what I'm saying. Sly's advanced perception is not a gameplay mechanic, it's a technique he learned from the Thevious Raccoonus. god_spawn countered that by saying Sly still gets tagged by goons, which is simply not true. THAT is determined by the player's skill, but by the third game since Sly survived, obviously it didn't happen in canon.

Do you have agility feats in cut scenes? The video you posted looks like game play to me.

#21 Edited by nickzambuto (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto:

Do you have agility feats in cut scenes? The video you posted looks like game play to me.

That wasn't gameplay, the player controlled Carmelita in that scene as she provided Sly with cover fire, who was an NPC.

#22 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

The lightning storm is something I'll admit Sly can't get around, but super moves like that and the tornado aside, Cole has nothing Sly can't evade.

1. Cole can take away the staff and beat Sly to death with it magnetically or bend it around Sly's neck.

2. Cole can send a wave of electricity in a wide radius shocking everything in its path, if they are in a street everything gets charged so whatever Sly jumps on hoping to evade the wave will kill him.

3. Lighting storm

4. Tornado

5. After taking the staff away, engaging Sly in combat with both his weapon and Sly's. Sly cannot take it back or take the other one cus they would be magnetically stuck to Cole's hands. What can Sly do with his bare fists to someone like Cole who can regenerate from any harm taken by charging a metallic surface and absorbing/leeching it. Speaking of leeching, once Cole gets a hold of Sly he can kil him with BIO Leech

6. Spam lightning grenades

7. Spam chain lightning, it'll zap Sly by bouncing off of metal surfaces until it finds Sly.

And I'm sure Cole has more powers and ways to use them to add to the list....but Sly would get one shotted by almost any of Cole's attacks, the most of a shock that he'd ever felt was from Carmelita's gun which has nothing on the power Cole harnesses ....... once Sly looses his only weapon, it's a wrap. There are literally no ways for him to physically harm Cole without it and once again, Sly cannot dodge lightning. So while Sly may be able to dodge Cole's regular ranged attacks he's not getting around most of his larger AoE based attacks and definitely not without his staff. Almost anything Sly touches will kill him after Cole shoots lightning in that direction effectively charging metallic surfaces for a short time or just heating the area from the electricity. You haven't presented a solid formula for how Sly will get around any of this or even harm Cole to begin with. Cole takes bullets and rockets with minimal injury and can regenerate from it by charging near any electrical energy source as you know.... So what can Sly and his staff accomplish that artillery can't?

#23 Posted by nickzambuto (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@nickzambuto said:

1. Cole can take away the staff and beat Sly to death with it magnetically or bend it around Sly's neck.

2. Cole can send a wave of electricity in a wide radius shocking everything in its path, if they are in a street everything gets charged so whatever Sly jumps on hoping to evade the wave will kill him.

3. Lighting storm

4. Tornado

5. After taking the staff away, engaging Sly in combat with both his weapon and Sly's. Sly cannot take it back or take the other one cus they would be magnetically stuck to Cole's hands. What can Sly do with his bare fists to someone like Cole who can regenerate from any harm taken by charging a metallic surface and absorbing/leeching it. Speaking of leeching, once Cole gets a hold of Sly he can kil him with BIO Leech

6. Spam lightning grenades

7. Spam chain lightning, it'll zap Sly by bouncing off of metal surfaces until it finds Sly.

And I'm sure Cole has more powers and ways to use them to add to the list....but Sly would get one shotted by almost any of Cole's attacks, the most of a shock that he'd ever felt was from Carmelita's gun which has nothing on the power Cole harnesses ....... once Sly looses his only weapon, it's a wrap. There are literally no ways for him to physically harm Cole without it and once again, Sly cannot dodge lightning. So while Sly may be able to dodge Cole's regular ranged attacks he's not getting around most of his larger AoE based attacks and definitely not without his staff. Almost anything Sly touches will kill him after Cole shoots lightning in that direction effectively charging metallic surfaces for a short time or just heating the area from the electricity. You haven't presented a solid formula for how Sly will get around any of this or even harm Cole to begin with. Cole takes bullets and rockets with minimal injury and can regenerate from it by charging near any electrical energy source as you know.... So what can Sly and his staff accomplish that artillery can't?

That's a solid argument.

I guess Sly loses.

#24 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Alright....concession accepted. That was fun.

#25 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole needs to constantly recharge though, it's not like he can generate electricity like Static or Lightning Lad, If i was Sly i'd take advantage of that.

#26 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cole_Mercer said:

Cole needs to constantly recharge though, it's not like he can generate electricity like Static or Lightning Lad, If i was Sly i'd take advantage of that.

Sly doesn't know anything about that, so it's impossible for him to take advantage. Also, Cole can charge any metal surface with small blasts of electricity and then charge himself off of that. Furthermore, depending on the environment (most likely city or town based) he can charge as he moves on power cords

#27 Posted by Benjamin568 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah woah woah. Sorry to bump this but you guys seem to be really underrating Sly here. Let's compare them.

Durability: Arguable. Sly's durability is really screwed up since he dies after being run over by a train in Sly 2 yet survives being thrown across an island in Sly 3 and was up and about in only a few hours afterward, whereas both of them can jump off buildings and land on their feet just as we can jump off a couch and land on our feet.

Agility: Arguable, I'm going with Sly here though.

Strength: Cole

Speed: Sly

Let's also not forget how electrical resistant Sly is. Sure, he can only take so many hits but I doubt Cole could one shot him as some of you guys are saying.

Sly also has several gadgets to help him out, and since the OP never said anything about prep I'm sure he's going to have some from Bentley. I have all of the games and he has never once acted without prep.

#28 Edited by DarthAznable (6953 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole drains him of his life force. This is spite.

#29 Posted by patrat18 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Cole stomps.

#30 Posted by godofnick (624 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite in favor of Cole