• 107 results
#1 Posted by LORD_OF_HELL (9 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Good Cole macgrath from infamous 2 along with Star killer from Star Wars unleashed 2 vs the ultimate shape shifters from the game prototype.

Fight takes place in New York. No morals. To the death.

#2 Posted by GhostRider2 (3308 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex and Heller.

#4 Posted by UndinehunterTitan (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, Force Lift will kill Alex and James! Or electricity. I mean Starkiller brought down a gigantic spaceship, or so I hear. Stomp on Galen and Cole's favor

#5 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole is a non-factor.

And Starkiller would get worn down by the Force before he could figure out how to destroy Alex and Mercer.

So, Team [Prototype] wins.

Jmarshmallow

#6 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect Galen, he is pretty awesome! But James and Alex... Unless Galen is bringing in full power,Sith Stalker armor, dual white and black sabers, they don't have a chance against the prototype team. Cole won't do anything here, like seriously not a chance.

#7 Posted by adhd_assassin (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: actually, ive always argued cole could take mercer...

#8 Edited by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@adhd_assassin: Why lol?!?!

He's not faster, he's not stronger, and he's certainly not more durable!

Alex has basically every advantage against Cole, except MAYBE long range attacks.

Jmarshmallow

#9 Posted by monarch_prime (384 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer and Heller win, Starkiller is awesome but he can't win this on his own. It is agreed Cole won't be much help.

#10 Posted by DragoMorph (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Starkiller. Cole might not be too crazy effective, but electricity has been shown to stun the Prototypes for a bit, so if Cole really brings the pain he could open them up for an attack. Then Galen has his own lightning to use, as well as all of his other Force tricks; and since the Force would probably protect against absorption, the only way he's dying is by getting diced up. And a fully juiced Force user with whirling dual lightsabers? Yeah, Starkiller is much better at the choppy-choppy here. Much as I love 'em, the Prototypes just aren't taking this.

#11 Posted by GhostRider2 (3308 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragomorph: how on earth are those two going to handle a tendril barrage devastator?If Alex unleashes one it's over.

#12 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly^^^

Jmarshmallow

#13 Posted by DragoMorph (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2 Easy. Force precognition + Force speed + whirling shield of slice-y lightsabers = lots of stumpy tendrils that never touch Starkiller. Cole might be able to counter with some sort of lightning AOE of his own, I'm not sure, but Starkiller is fine.

#14 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragomorph: I don't recall it ever being shown that Starkiller has Force Recognition. Nor do I recall him have fast enough Force Speed to dodge an AOE attack.

NOR do I recall him having a Lightning AOE attack.

You're just making lots of assumptions in Starkiller's favor.

Jmarshmallow

#15 Posted by DragoMorph (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Force precognition and speed are basic abilities of Force users. Generally, unless it's explicitly stated that they don't have those abilities, they do. And Starkiller has done more advanced things that require those fundamentals (blocking blaster shots is Force precognition, lightsaber fights are built on both techniques simultaneously, and so on), so it's not an assumption. Also, while I do think Starkiller has some kind of lightning AOE (I can't quite remember), I was talking about Cole anyway.

Essentially, this fight boils down to a couple of very dangerous men trying to punch someone to death who can react before they move and can cut them up in a matter of milliseconds. Starkiller's abilities are the perfect counters to the Prototypes', and that's without even factoring in Cole.

#16 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragomorph: No no no no no. That's not how abilities work.

It's not "They have abilities until someone says they don't." If that were the case, then I guess Captain America can make cheese spew out of his belly button! Since nobody ever "explicitly stated" that he can't!

That's what we call a "no-limits" fallacy, and it doesn't work.

And Alex and Heller have both shown to move faster than Starkiller, so I don't know how he expects to "cut them up in a matter of milliseconds." Show me Starkiller's fastest speed feat(even though I already know which one it is, since I love Starkiller), and I'll show you Alex's. We'll see which one comes out on top.

And someone who tanks missles, tank shells, and nukes isn't gonna go down by a lightsaber. He's a virus, he can just reform when he cuts him up.

Jmarshmallow

#17 Posted by DragoMorph (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I said "Force users" have those abilities. I should've probably specified "trained Force users", but the point stands. In Star Wars media, Force users having those abilities is the S.O.P., and since you're being contrary, I gave examples. Starkiller couldn't do half the stuff he does without relying on that speed and precognition. I'll grant you that the Prototypes might run faster, but they don't have the reflexes to take on Starkiller in a fight, and even if they did, he's still got the upper hand because of that Force precognition telling him where they'll be hitting.

It's funny that you say Alex can't die from getting cut up, since that's exactly how he dies. Heller just chops him up until he runs out of biomass to keep reforming, then eats him. Starkiller can do that, but much faster, and then fry whatever biological goo is left with his lightning. I give the Prototypes the edge in a lot of fights because I recognize they're more powerful than they're made out to be in the games, but the simple fact of that matter is that they don't really stand a chance here. Starkiller is just going to run through them over and over again until they stop getting up and he's not going to give them a chance to fight back.

#18 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragomorph: Alex kinda let Heller do that. But regardless, Starkiller isn't Heller. He can't do what he did.

If nothing else, Starkiller has his hands full with "chopping up Alex" or whatever tactic you think might work, then Heller comes from behind, stabs him with his claws or his swords, and then consumes him and gains his powers.

GG NO RE.

Jmarshmallow

#19 Posted by DragoMorph (22 posts) - - Show Bio

360 degree field of pure laser death when Starkiller decides to start spinning his lightsabers. Plus, good luck sneaking up on a Jedi. Also, why exactly can't Starkiller cut up Alex just like Heller did? Now you're the one with the baseless assumptions.

#20 Edited by GhostRider2 (3308 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragomorph: Alex and Heller can just heal, consume people for faster healing.While Alex or Heller fights Starkiller, one of them could just consume Cole.Starkiller can never kill Alex or Heller.Also that is a shit ending, Heller can never become stronger than Alex.

#21 Edited by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragomorph: He's never been shown to do that, unless you have some footage to show?

And I already yielded that even if he COULD just cut up Alex, Heller would just come up from behind after absorbing Cole and absorb Galen too.

Jmarshmallow

#22 Edited by adhd_assassin (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: for a second cole can move as fast if not faster than alex, fire off a shot the is basically undogeable, as it moves as fast as light,then he lays the lightning down, reducing him into a puddle of biomass

#23 Edited by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@adhd_assassin: Sooo many things wrong with your post bud lol.

1). Cole can not move anywhere as fast as Alex. Alex sprints past cars like its nothing, and he isn't even exerting himself.

Cole's shots have never shown to be "undodgeable," nor have shown to move a fast as light. Lol. And don't even say "It's lightning, so it must move as fast as light!"

In addition, Lighting isn't as powerful as a nuke, which Alex survived. So "reducing him to a pile of biomass." really isn't an option.

Jmarshmallow

#24 Posted by adhd_assassin (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow:

1. That ability that allows cole for a split second (precision i think) allows cole to move so fast, enemies are almost at a stand still. I personally think he's faster than alex in that second or two.

2. The original standard weapon was a discharge of electicity from cole's body. i think that qualifies as as fast as light. i may be wrong, please correct me if i am.

3. most scientists generally agree that a nuke reaches temperatures roughly twice as hot as a lightning strike for an extremely small fraction of a second. but cole can keep the temperatures up for what, 7 seconds of so fully upgrated. also, seeing as alex wasnt in the center of the blast, there would be a huge difference in the temperature he took.

im still taking cole over alex

#25 Posted by Reactor (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller can, by TFU II, telekinetically incinerate organic matter. It's shown in the trailers. It's shown in the game. Regeneration has nothing to do with it.

#26 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@adhd_assassin:

1). He's not Sooo much faster(if at all) in that second to do anything to Alex. And there's nothing to suggest that even in Precision state he's faster, since he only uses it against humans with regular speed.

2). Just so you know, lightning doesn't travel anywhere near the speed of light. The light you see travels that fast, which is why you see lightning before you hear thunder, but the actual lightning striking the earth is only a mere fraction of the speed of light.

3). And noooo sir. Not even close. The center of a nuke is anywhere from 50 to 150 MILLION degrees. A lightning strike is at BEST 55,000 degrees Farenheit.

So even if he wasn't at the center of the nuke, it was still far hotter than anything Cole could produce.

Jmarshmallow

#27 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragomorph: I think Starkiller is my favorite Star Wars character and If Alex and Heller attacked one at a time then he could take them but no it's 2v1. Cole can't do much here so it's just like that. So while Starkiller is taking on one the other just pounces him.

One major factor here!

What would stop Alex/ Heller from consuming the other one.

SPOILER ALERT

At the end of the second game Alex has all those other infected ones, and he just consumes them all to become pretty much unstoppable.

So what if Heller voluntarily got consumed, therefore giving Alex a HUGE HUGE HUGE boost against Starkiller here. Then what will he do when he faces those 2 packed into one mega beast?

#28 Edited by Hyperlight (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

in this fight cole is going to get absorbed and one of them will apply his conduit abilities, skills, and knowledge to their power sets since Coles' powers are based in his genetics. then you will have one who will have roughly the same abilities as starkiller( except for raw telekinesis). starkillers lighting isn't going to be enough( especially to the one the suddenly becomes immune to electrokinesis) to deal permanent damage and his lightsabers cant affect any part of there body that will severely hinder them because they are completely made of biomass and don't have any internal organs or vital structures. but all it takes is one good slice from heller or mercer and starkiller will be mortally injured.

@laughingstock: that most likely would only happen if one or the other was near death

#29 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight: Yeah but it will still put the edge on this fight.

#30 Posted by Hyperlight (5851 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by UndinehunterTitan (203 posts) - - Show Bio

No Cole will not be consumed. If people tried to consume him they'll get electrocuted simply because his body contains so much electricity, that it can kill people on puddles and make a train move. Alex and James are going to be stunned by electricity since they have no shown no adaptation to it, nor do they have spot on adaptation. I doubt biomass will ever defend against lightning.

Even then Starkiller can lift one virus, while Cole pounds the other with a constant stream of bolts, making said target spasm on the ground, taking damage, unable to heal or attack. Besides, Cole has shockwave and lightning storm. And that lightning storm is a continued version of a lightning bolt, which means hotter than the sun by several times

#32 Posted by UndinehunterTitan (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@adhd_assassin:

1). He's not Sooo much faster(if at all) in that second to do anything to Alex. And there's nothing to suggest that even in Precision state he's faster, since he only uses it against humans with regular speed.

2). Just so you know, lightning doesn't travel anywhere near the speed of light. The light you see travels that fast, which is why you see lightning before you hear thunder, but the actual lightning striking the earth is only a mere fraction of the speed of light.

3). And noooo sir. Not even close. The center of a nuke is anywhere from 50 to 150 MILLION degrees. A lightning strike is at BEST 55,000 degrees Farenheit.

So even if he wasn't at the center of the nuke, it was still far hotter than anything Cole could produce.

Jmarshmallow

1. Movement speed advantage. Cole's attack speed and range is immensely higher than Alex. A 350 mph train slows down. Alex is around 80 mph. You can do the math bro

2. Alex is still not a fraction as fast as light. So really, Alex will get hit

3. That's from a single lightning bolt and it lasts 30 microseconds. Cole summons MULTIPLE lightning bolts and keeps shooting them CONTINUOUSLY. I did the math, not an exact one, but the lightning storm for half a minute is hotter than the center of the sun if you consider it shoots out 4x the heat of the sun per 30 microseconds. I'm probably wrong but NEITHER alex or James would rise out of that

4. Alex and James has no immunity to electricity

5. Attack range and Attack Speed via Cole...

This is UndinehunterTitan, signing off

#33 Posted by The_Scare_Crow (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see who I think would win- STARKILLER! Easy peasy, he'd use the unleash and do one throw of his sabers, there'd be a lot of arms and legs and probably a heads on the ground after him, as well. I agree with DragoMorph in his choice.

#34 Edited by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@undinehuntertitan:

1). It doesn't last long enough to make a significant, and he can't do it enough to destroy Alex. And a 350 mph train? I'd have to see that broski, cuz I don't remember it!

2). Once again, doesn't matter, Alex can tank it!

3). I'm just going to assume that you're telling me the truth with that math, because you seem like a good guy. But I don't recall Cole being able to shoot electricity for 30 seconds continuously? This is in New York. If Cole lets up for even a second, BAM Alex and Heller epic regen by consuming innocent civilians.

4). Cole and Starkiller have no immunity to being stabbed in the gut with a arm-sword, crushed by a giant hammerfist, or consumed while they're preoccupied.

5). Alex dodges bullets and outruns cars. While holding a tank. And then proceeds to throw that tank at a helicopter, whipfists to the helicopter, and then fall to the ground and kills everything unlucky enough to be standing under him. Did I mention he can fly? Or fall with style, if you prefer.

Your argument is invalid lol.

Jmarshmallow

#35 Posted by UndinehunterTitan (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: Oh contraire, my arguments are quite valid my dear friend~

1 It'll be fun seeing Alex faceplant and starting spasming on the ground. Or both of them. Cole had two arms remember? And he recovers energy for each hit. Activate precision on a train and you'll see. Even then it would be easy to react to Alex anyway

2 Lightning storm is far more intense than a nuke. 1 Lightning bolt = 30 microseconds = 4x the surface of the sun.

Cole can extend that storm. Alex barely survived the nuke and it was overkill on him anyway. He needed that crow in the end to survive and regenerate faster. Besides, if a fighter cannot fight, then he is defeated.

3 And said civilians can listen to hero Cole, or get turned into electric bombs by evil Cole. Even then Cole hero can still electrocute civilians to save them. I meant lightning storm with karmic overload. Add that with how he can aim it from afar, control it, he'll probably be able to make it linger in one spot. On the other hand, electricity is everywhere on New York City. On a realistic fight, civilians would run away when four mutants are fighting each other, not stay and act as if nothing happened like in the Prototype game

4 Yes indeed~ Too bad Alex and James would be too busy floating in air by force or Graviton Blast, or just spasming on the ground

5 Yes, being in the air means electricity won't be grounded anymore. Not to mention shockwaves and precision. Ooh! I want to see James and Alex jump up then get picked up by an electric tornado! That would be oh so fun! Wheeeeee~~~~

Lalala is it still invalid~?

#36 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@undinehuntertitan:

1). Faceplant? Alex and Heller can jump from the highest building in the city, get hit by a helicopter, get a missle shoved in their face, and still not get injured when they hit the ground! And there's no evidence to suggest that the train is going 350 mph! That's just an assumption! Plus, as mentioned previously, Cole can only use that once at a time while aiming, whereas Alex has him at a huge disadvantage the rest of the time in regards to speed!

2). Nothing Cole can produce is = 4x the surface of the sun. Saying other words would be cray, considering if he could do that, than he would destroy an entire city with ease. Did I mention Alex and Heller's crazy tendril attacks that shoot out in every direction and demolish EVERYTHING.

And if a fighter cannot fight?!? Whaaaa? If he regenerates, then he can still fight? If you burn Wolverine's skin and he regenerates, that doesn't count as a loss? As long as he's not down for the count, the game is still afoot.

3). Civilians do run away in [Prototype]. It's just that Alex is SOOO fast, and SOOOO agile, that they can't escape his mighty wrath! Speaking of which, if the location of this battle is New York, that means they can move around? Which basically means this is a STOMP, since neither Cole nor Galen can keep up with either Alex or Heller in New York. That's like their element. Tall buildings, plenty of room to glide, lots of people. Oh yeah.

4). Gravity? Funny story about Alex and Heller actually. You wanna know how they can fly? They change the way gravity affects them by changing their density. So as soon as a certain electric antihero tries to make them float in the air.....BAM! Density change! They're right back on the ground, which may I once again mention does absolutely no damage to either of them.

5). Again, tornado thing can't happen, cuz of the whole density thing. But watevs. As for the electricity, you're forgetting that they're in NEW YORK CITY.

Good luck trying to electrocute a guy who can run up a building, fly behind the tallest skyscraper he sees, find some random civilian, consume him, walk up casually behind Cole while he's busy focusing on Heller, and do what my friend?......

Oh yeah, that's right. CONSUME HIM TOO.

Check, and mate.

Jmarshmallow

#37 Edited by UndinehunterTitan (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow said:

@undinehuntertitan:

1). Faceplant? Alex and Heller can jump from the highest building in the city, get hit by a helicopter, get a missle shoved in their face, and still not get injured when they hit the ground! And there's no evidence to suggest that the train is going 350 mph! That's just an assumption! Plus, as mentioned previously, Cole can only use that once at a time while aiming, whereas Alex has him at a huge disadvantage the rest of the time in regards to speed!

2). Nothing Cole can produce is = 4x the surface of the sun. Saying other words would be cray, considering if he could do that, than he would destroy an entire city with ease. Did I mention Alex and Heller's crazy tendril attacks that shoot out in every direction and demolish EVERYTHING.

And if a fighter cannot fight?!? Whaaaa? If he regenerates, then he can still fight? If you burn Wolverine's skin and he regenerates, that doesn't count as a loss? As long as he's not down for the count, the game is still afoot.

3). Civilians do run away in [Prototype]. It's just that Alex is SOOO fast, and SOOOO agile, that they can't escape his mighty wrath! Speaking of which, if the location of this battle is New York, that means they can move around? Which basically means this is a STOMP, since neither Cole nor Galen can keep up with either Alex or Heller in New York. That's like their element. Tall buildings, plenty of room to glide, lots of people. Oh yeah.

4). Gravity? Funny story about Alex and Heller actually. You wanna know how they can fly? They change the way gravity affects them by changing their density. So as soon as a certain electric antihero tries to make them float in the air.....BAM! Density change! They're right back on the ground, which may I once again mention does absolutely no damage to either of them.

5). Again, tornado thing can't happen, cuz of the whole density thing. But watevs. As for the electricity, you're forgetting that they're in NEW YORK CITY.

Good luck trying to electrocute a guy who can run up a building, fly behind the tallest skyscraper he sees, find some random civilian, consume him, walk up casually behind Cole while he's busy focusing on Heller, and do what my friend?......

Oh yeah, that's right. CONSUME HIM TOO.

Check, and mate.

Jmarshmallow

1 Let me put it this way. Have a friend stand 12 meters away from you. Then have them run to you while dodging and moving. Raise your hand and go ping ping on them. Imagine that with Cole and Alex, except for they're both faster. Unless Alex is a blur, he won't be dodging lightning when he gets regularly hit by bullets. Cole's radar map would help judge the distance too. Even then, Alex will not be dodging lightning

2 Lightning bolt from the sky. Atmospheric changes. Easily that. That's why its a game. A lightning storm from him split a mutant in half (who absorbs electricity for energy) and sunk an aircraft carrier in half, on the comics. Devastators require biomass and time to be used, easily interruptable by bolts, vortex would rip it apart

Alex took too long to regenerate. He's out without that crow. If he's just a mush of biomass that can't fight then Cole wins

3 Except for they have to get close to attack since their projectiles will be counterred. And Cole's radar map will prevent ambush. I'd like to see James or Alex try doing that when they're being electrocuted by homing rockets.

4 Yes, exerting their blood. But when they're stunned by that electromagnetic blast and being forced to levitate, they'll be stunned. Electricity will harm them as any other human being since they showed no capability to overcome it, or potential.

5 Ara ara, didn't I say electric tornado? Honestly here's the deal. Alex and James need to get close to Cole and Galen. Cole can attack from afar and close. And the closer the enemy gets, the easier to take them down. Once they're about to touch Cole, use up a tornado and watch them fly.

Radar Pulse detects innards, electric pulses and radiation of a body. Detected a bunch of militia hiding as street performers and a conduit reaper who was fully disguised as a guy. Not to mention Cole won't be letting any random civilian walk towards him so easily since his radar always detects hostile enemies

So you get the electrocuted my ass ending ~ Nice job Alex and co!~

Oh my, oh my, it's lovely seeing you squirm as you defend Alex and James. Have I mentioned I have infamous and prototype games? I'm a hardcore fan of both, yet I can see the truth. Why don't you prove to me how wrong I am with your truth and facts then?

Its not a checkmate when its not one. Similar to people die if they are killed. Keep it up, you're almost being a threat to this match

Block a lightning bolt with a shield, and you're like blocking a taser with your arm

#38 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@undinehuntertitan: Alex would be a blur to Cole. He has regular human reflexes. Unlike Alex, who can dodge bullets and missles. So there goes your "regularly hit by bullets" theory.

2). Devastators take out an entire city block. Cole wouldn't be able to survive that. And yes, they do require mass, but ya know, they are in New York City. I'm sure he could find mass somewhere!

And once again, he's in a city full of people, so even if Cole somehow reduces Alex to a puddle, which he won't, Alex can still regenerate even quickly with some delicious human bodies.

3). Their durability makes this entire argument invalid. His electricity will literally do NO damage unless he keeps a continuous stream of it going. Whereas one slice from Alex and Cole is done.

4). Exerting their blood? They don't have arteries dude, they're a virus.

5). Again, it won't be hard to get up close, they're in a city full of people they can disguise as.

Innards? He's a virus. Electric pulses? He's a virus. Radiation of a body? HES A VIRUS. Can Cole detect if I have the Flu too?!?!

And Cole won't know any better, he'll be too distracted with one of them to focus on the other.

And would you look at that? I'm a hardcore fan of both games as well!! Really don't see how that's relevant good sir!

But regardless, I could do this all day, and feel good about it each and every minute. But Unfortuneately, it's not day. It's night. And I need sleep. So, I'll respond later, if you're glutton for more punishment.

And honestly, I don't know what you're not seeing. Alex and Heller outclass Cole in literally EVERY aspect besides long-range attacks. That's it.

The mere logic of that should make you reconsider your view.

But I digress. Think what you wish. Doesn't change my life I suppose.

Jmarshmallow

#39 Edited by UndinehunterTitan (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole also regularly dodges rockets and regularly fights teleporters or fast enemies. Besides, don't you know how easy it is to just send out a blast in front of you to knock away enemies? Alex still gets hit by bullets, its after that, that he dodges the rest. Not a theory, a simple fact

2 A vortex will rip apart any tendril that comes towards Cole. Critical Pain he will have to roll away or pull himself away. Groundspike is a bit too close range. He can't find any humans if he can't escape Cole's attacks or Galen's.

3 Alex took damage from Cross' simple electric prod and was stunned. He has shown no capability to block it. Just tell me what he can do logically to block it and I'll follow your logic if I can't counter it, SIMPLE AS THAT

4 He has biomass. That's what I meant then

5 Civilians would run away the moment Cole tells them, or begins shooting at them to electrocute Alex

That's what exactly Cole will see, a bunch of... something moving towards him in a human form. He can see through bodies. Simple as that, And Alex has a brain like -Web of Intrigue with electric nodes. What's your defense on that?

And then you ignore Galen huh. Who has Force Lightning.

Nice to know! Except for you have shown no true belief in Cole's abilities. Really, never even heard of Radar Pulse.

Here are some points I want you to counter, Cole's attack speed who launches 5 bolts per second in 1 hand, how will Alex dodge when he doesn't even know where exactly Cole is about to shoot?

Oh my, every battle needs a break after all. But in all fairness you are quite a good debater. This has actually been one of the better matches I have where the enemy is actually countering good points. If I were in any other forum, I would encounter screaming idiots or people who just say 'this guy wins cuz he's awesome'. Of course if any of my comments come as offensive then I apologize since its my nature to defend who I am a fan of. Kudos to you :)

Cole also outclasses Alex or Heller in attack range, energy recovery (in terms of recovering to attack again), and attack speed with a bit of variation on their part. But they're both awesome people anyway.

My views have been shifted before after all. Again I apologize for any offensive comments, but when I debate I get too passionate

Good night then!

#40 Posted by Hyperlight (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

No Cole will not be consumed. If people tried to consume him they'll get electrocuted simply because his body contains so much electricity, that it can kill people on puddles and make a train move. Alex and James are going to be stunned by electricity since they have no shown no adaptation to it, nor do they have spot on adaptation. I doubt biomass will ever defend against lightning.

Even then Starkiller can lift one virus, while Cole pounds the other with a constant stream of bolts, making said target spasm on the ground, taking damage, unable to heal or attack. Besides, Cole has shockwave and lightning storm. And that lightning storm is a continued version of a lightning bolt, which means hotter than the sun by several times

These arent regular people. they are beings with durability, endurance, and pain endurance far beyond any human or conduit for that matter. electricity isnt enough to stop them from consuming him.. hand he would obviously be dying every second he is being absorbed so he he would have a very hard time fighting back while he is being consumed. The stream of bolts will only do so much... they will recover very fast and most likely wont run right at him. im not saying he wont have a defense. but eventually he will get tired and run out of juice and thats when they get close and he gets absorbed.

#41 Posted by UndinehunterTitan (203 posts) - - Show Bio

And so are conduits who contain energy in their body.

1:06

Look at the damage and stun. If a simple taser like object can do that to Alex, Cole's bolts who have far more voltage (enough to power up substations) will be more than enough. Not to mention you have good Cole's recharge for every hit on a human sized enemy. That pretty much seals the fate of Alex.

And why aren't you guys even talking about Galen? What about his lightsabers?

#42 Edited by adhd_assassin (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: sorry for the late reply

1.you right. I misunderstood my uncle. Electricity only moves at the speed of light if its only movimg an inch or so. But a fraction of tje speed of light is more than enough to hit either james or alex.

2. I would argue that Cole speed is at least as much as Alex's. probably faster. with precision that is. all cole would have to do is hit him with one lightning bolt which would stun him. Past that, hit him with a more powerful attack.

3. nukes only get as hot as that in the center in for a fraction of asecond. trust me Alex move fast enough to get out of the center. it would only take a couple hundred or maybe thousands feet, I cant remember

#43 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@undinehuntertitan: I'M BACK, LETS DO THIS.

1). Cole has never fought someone of Alex's speed. Granted, Alex has never fought anyone with Cole's powers. However, I still think that the environment works far better in Alex's favor, and that it would easily make up for that lack of knowledge.

2). Tendrils are strong enough to blow through cars effortlessly. I don't think they're gonna go down by some wind! Granted with the Critical Pain, but Groundspike would be perfect, he'd be able to use it if he was being double teamed.

3). Stunned, but not injured. And given the fact that they're a top-secret, advanced government agency, there's nothing to assume that it's a "simple electric prod." For all we know, it could be extremely high voltage meant specifically to target viruses. That seems entirely possible to me!

4). Biomass. Yes he does.

5). Try running away from a guy who outruns cars and can disguise himself to look like an ordinary citizen!

He'll be a little distracted dealing with one of them to notice the other disguised as a civilian in a crowd of horrified citizens. If he does it at the beginning of the fight, then who would notice a random citizen running behind him in terror as opposed to all the other citizens running behind him in terror? His Radar Pulse wouldn't know which one is an enemy, because when he consumes somebody he doesn't just "appear" be somebody, he actually IS that person. So he would just seem to be an average citizen, come up from behind, and consumption!

And brain-LIKE Web of Intrigue, but not actually a brain. The electric nodes you see in the cutscenes when he absorbs someone is the targets nodes, not his own.

And I'm not ignoring Galen! We've both been focusing on Cole, I just assumed you were focusing on Cole because you were more knowledgeable on him, so I wasn't going to make you argue a character you weren't familiar with.

And Force Lightning takes a while to kill Stormtroopers, whose durability is FARRRRRT below Alex and Heller's. So I'm not entirely sure if that power is a huge factor. I would say Cole's is probably stronger. Still not enough to put down Alex and Heller though!

And To be frank I've only played the first Infamous. So I know of Radar Pulse, I'm just trying not to overexaggerate it's abilities.

And how will he dodge? He'll get hit a few times, realize he doesn't like it, run up a building, disguise as a citizen, find a tank, and throw it at Cole, squashing him! There's you counter!

And I truly appreciate your understanding. In all fairness, this is probably one of the most fun times I've had debating on this site. You clearly know what you're talking about, and are continually challenging my knowledge!

And I completely understand, it can get heated, but only because we're both passionate. It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't! At the end of the day, I still respect you and your opinion 100%.

I would say that Cole actually doesn't have have attack recovery as an advantage, because Alex can get hit by a missle and recover almost instantly! But attack speed? Not with his Claws or Sword! Those things swing so fast it's not even funny!

Which reminds me a really important point that I forgot to address, that I truly think will drastically change your view of this battle.

Neither of these people know the others teams powers. Cole and Galen will have no idea that Alex and Heller have the extreme up close advantage. They won't feel the need to keep this battle at a distance. Same vice versa. Alex and Cole won't know that they can do things like electrocution, and using a lightsaber.

However, I think this drastically works in Alex and Heller's favor. If Cole or Galen hit first, then what? They get stunned, or maybe even take serious injury. Maybe. They just shrug it off, consume some peoples, and give it another go.

But if Alex and Heller hit first....it's basically K.O. Neither of these two have insane durability when it comes to blunt force, or sharp cutting. If Alex or Heller gets ONE slice with their sword, or stab with their claws, or crushed with their Hammerfists, it's game over. At the very LEAST, they'll be injured enough to be consumed without opposition. And then it'll be two against one, with one of them having extra superpowers! And that point, the viruses would overpower whoever is left, and [Prototype] would be the victor!

Look forward to your response!

P.S. You might want to tag me in your response, so I get a notification. Otherwise I won't realize you responded.

Jmarshmallow

#44 Posted by UndinehunterTitan (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@undinehuntertitan: I'M BACK, LETS DO THIS.

1). Cole has never fought someone of Alex's speed. Granted, Alex has never fought anyone with Cole's powers. However, I still think that the environment works far better in Alex's favor, and that it would easily make up for that lack of knowledge.

2). Tendrils are strong enough to blow through cars effortlessly. I don't think they're gonna go down by some wind! Granted with the Critical Pain, but Groundspike would be perfect, he'd be able to use it if he was being double teamed.

3). Stunned, but not injured. And given the fact that they're a top-secret, advanced government agency, there's nothing to assume that it's a "simple electric prod." For all we know, it could be extremely high voltage meant specifically to target viruses. That seems entirely possible to me!

4). Biomass. Yes he does.

5). Try running away from a guy who outruns cars and can disguise himself to look like an ordinary citizen!

He'll be a little distracted dealing with one of them to notice the other disguised as a civilian in a crowd of horrified citizens. If he does it at the beginning of the fight, then who would notice a random citizen running behind him in terror as opposed to all the other citizens running behind him in terror? His Radar Pulse wouldn't know which one is an enemy, because when he consumes somebody he doesn't just "appear" be somebody, he actually IS that person. So he would just seem to be an average citizen, come up from behind, and consumption!

And brain-LIKE Web of Intrigue, but not actually a brain. The electric nodes you see in the cutscenes when he absorbs someone is the targets nodes, not his own.

And I'm not ignoring Galen! We've both been focusing on Cole, I just assumed you were focusing on Cole because you were more knowledgeable on him, so I wasn't going to make you argue a character you weren't familiar with.

And Force Lightning takes a while to kill Stormtroopers, whose durability is FARRRRRT below Alex and Heller's. So I'm not entirely sure if that power is a huge factor. I would say Cole's is probably stronger. Still not enough to put down Alex and Heller though!

And To be frank I've only played the first Infamous. So I know of Radar Pulse, I'm just trying not to overexaggerate it's abilities.

And how will he dodge? He'll get hit a few times, realize he doesn't like it, run up a building, disguise as a citizen, find a tank, and throw it at Cole, squashing him! There's you counter!

And I truly appreciate your understanding. In all fairness, this is probably one of the most fun times I've had debating on this site. You clearly know what you're talking about, and are continually challenging my knowledge!

And I completely understand, it can get heated, but only because we're both passionate. It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't! At the end of the day, I still respect you and your opinion 100%.

I would say that Cole actually doesn't have have attack recovery as an advantage, because Alex can get hit by a missle and recover almost instantly! But attack speed? Not with his Claws or Sword! Those things swing so fast it's not even funny!

Which reminds me a really important point that I forgot to address, that I truly think will drastically change your view of this battle.

Neither of these people know the others teams powers. Cole and Galen will have no idea that Alex and Heller have the extreme up close advantage. They won't feel the need to keep this battle at a distance. Same vice versa. Alex and Cole won't know that they can do things like electrocution, and using a lightsaber.

However, I think this drastically works in Alex and Heller's favor. If Cole or Galen hit first, then what? They get stunned, or maybe even take serious injury. Maybe. They just shrug it off, consume some peoples, and give it another go.

But if Alex and Heller hit first....it's basically K.O. Neither of these two have insane durability when it comes to blunt force, or sharp cutting. If Alex or Heller gets ONE slice with their sword, or stab with their claws, or crushed with their Hammerfists, it's game over. At the very LEAST, they'll be injured enough to be consumed without opposition. And then it'll be two against one, with one of them having extra superpowers! And that point, the viruses would overpower whoever is left, and [Prototype] would be the victor!

Look forward to your response!

P.S. You might want to tag me in your response, so I get a notification. Otherwise I won't realize you responded.

Jmarshmallow

Welcome back bro!

1. Lol true. But Cole did face teleporters before so he might know a thing or two. But then again Alex faced people who shoot him a lot. Their parkour skills would be important here, and Cole would need to rely on his radar pulse to handle this well

2. Tornadoes pick up cars too. And it happens to be slightly electrified. Smaller, but still the same effect. Good point. Well I'm not too knowledgeable on Galen aside from that death battle on deviantart with Kratos. Strange result after the battle too. Still I think Cole and Galen would like to keep their distance

3. Hmm, true. But then again Cole's voltage has shown to work some wonders, such as powering up power grids. So even if its not aimed at viruses, it would still be harmful. Still, I doubt a virus can be naturally immune to electricity's more harmful effects if they're entirely composed of biomass

4. I think I lost where were going in here. I know that the reverse gravity/magnetism effect on Alex will stun him, but I think he can escape out of it sooner. Where are we going with this?

5. No need to run when you have a shockwave to flip him off

Ah, understandable. Except for cole still has the sense innards. Shown when Zeke begans coughing before the second last mission and Cole goes x ray mode on him, and discovers he has the Ray Sphere plague on his lungs. Even then, a touch from Cole can electrocute or stun if Alex or James doesn't handle them. His body was enough to kill enemies on puddles with him and power up trains. That's pretty high voltage

And where do those nodes connect to? Alex would still need to process thoughts with those then. Always thought he adds those nodes to his brain or memories

Ah, well that's nice of you then. :) (I'm serious, not being sarcastic here)

Well I still think Cole's stun factor is being downplayed.http://i44.tinypic.com/dfdt0g.jpg

Those bolts are enough to puncture through a heavily armored aircraft carrier. And comics are pretty canon with the way they bridge the gap between 1st and 2nd infamous. Even then, Cole's constant bolts can stun enemies and prevent them from moving or attacking

Well it might get hard to get back up with that amount of electricity going up your veins. But okay, what about Sticky or Redirect Rockets? Cole's lightning bolts, especially infamous 1 bolts, are pretty long range and fast. I remember sniping a lot of enemies with it and precision too

Ditto! There are only a few people who I talked to about Cole vs Alex, and only fewer gave sensible comebacks! :)

Well I respect your opinion then. Even if its freaking wrong! (Lol just kidding, I remember seeing that image from before on a funny web site and I couldn't resist using it. Either way respect from another debater.)

Ah yes, well same in attack speed then. Attack Recovery, I'm not sure why I said that actually. I think I was referring to the limitations placed on them. When Alex needs critical mass for devastators while Cole can just recharge.

Hmm, that's quite true. If there's no prep time or intel then that shifts the view.

Well I think Cole's radar pulse and Galen's clairovyance ability (or whatever it is) would detect anomalities on Alex and James, while the latter two's thermal vision would notice an immense amount of heat on Cole, and odder things on Galen.

Indeed. Its a matter of defending here for Cole and Galen. One hit for them is all over. But I would think Galen's lightsaber might be able to make James or Alex back off for a bit. While Cole's shockwave and rockets might make them stay away. Each team would really have to be creative and cooperate to win.

Ah, how do you tag people?

Do I type in Jmarshmallow or my name in the end?

#45 Edited by adhd_assassin (525 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by Jmarshmallow (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@undinehuntertitan:

"Each team would really have to be creative and cooperate to win."

You know what? I think this fun debate might have just ended with this statement right there.

I completely forgot to ask the OP whether or not this would be in character?

Because if it is, then there is NO way that these two will work together, and each doing their own thing wouldn't work either, since they hate each other and would try to kill one another while fighting.

And while they're doing that, I can see Galen and Cole getting some dirty shots in and taking them down.

And if they take one down, Alex/Heller would be hard pressed in a two against one battle against these powerhouses...

Oh, and @adhd_assassin is correct about the tagging thing.

I just put Jmarshmallow as a signature lol, makes me feel special.

Jmarshmallow

#47 Edited by UndinehunterTitan (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: Lol thinking about it that sounds true

Let's ask. Hey OP! is this in character , or out? Bloodlusted?

Like most comics, it'll lead to trouble if you don't cooperate with someone against the likes of Cole and Galen

Ah okay

#48 Posted by WarBlade539 (4582 posts) - - Show Bio

Evil Cole at full power solos. Any other Cole and the Prototype team wins.

#49 Posted by UndinehunterTitan (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

No, its more of an even fight than you think. Cole's abilities will work on Alex or James, the closer they get, the riskier it is for both of them.

#50 Posted by WarBlade539 (4582 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

No, its more of an even fight than you think. Cole's abilities will work on Alex or James, the closer they get, the riskier it is for both of them.

I agree that his abilities will work on Mercer but Cole has low durability. He more than makes up for it in pure destructive power though but, if Alex tags him and he will, I don't see how he's gonna survive that.
Does Cole have some sort of Electromagnetic force-field or something like that?