• 78 results
#51 Posted by TifaLockhart (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

Iirc it attracts small, lifeless planets.

#52 Posted by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

@randumo24: Pshhhht, Sin was defeated by a dream.... :P

In all seriousness though, as powerful as he was, he really did just seem like a re-skinned version of the FF7 weapons.

It was like Diamond and Sapphire Weapon had a baby.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#53 Posted by TifaLockhart (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

Weapons were no joke though.

#54 Posted by OverLordArhas (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@overlordarhas:

I assume Sephiroth post-Crisis Core. Black Materia doesn't empower the user at all. This is proven when the party carries it, nobody receives any sort of enhancement. The only thing Black Materia and White Materia do is grant the user control over their respective attacks. One is Meteor, the other is Holy aka the Lifestream.

Even with Aerith carrying the White Materia, which is more powerful than the Black Materia, she receives no benefits from it whatsoever.

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

How is Black Materia any different from Kefka acquiring power from three goddesses? He had it on him long enough for it to be considered part of his arsenal.

That answers your question as well.

As for Kefka, I feel like there's a lot of misconception as to his real feats after acquire that power. He was able to throw out city busting attacks, and he was able to erect that tower. But a lot of people credit him with the reconfiguration of the planet. But, IIRC, it was the moving of the statues of the three goddesses that distorted the planet.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well I was specifying the Planet Busting potential of the Black Materia.

#55 Posted by TifaLockhart (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

What I always wondered was, who are these minions of Sephiroth they spoke of?

#56 Edited by OverLordArhas (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

Weapons were no joke though.

Yup, Ruby and Emerald are a pain to kill, especially Emerald.

#57 Edited by TifaLockhart (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Ruby was tougher. Emerald folds to several strategies that don't work against Ruby.

#58 Posted by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephiroth's minions were Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo as far as I know.

@floopay said:

@overlordarhas:

I assume Sephiroth post-Crisis Core. Black Materia doesn't empower the user at all. This is proven when the party carries it, nobody receives any sort of enhancement. The only thing Black Materia and White Materia do is grant the user control over their respective attacks. One is Meteor, the other is Holy aka the Lifestream.

Even with Aerith carrying the White Materia, which is more powerful than the Black Materia, she receives no benefits from it whatsoever.

How is Black Materia any different from Kefka acquiring power from three goddesses? He had it on him long enough for it to be considered part of his arsenal.

As for Kefka, I feel like there's a lot of misconception as to his real feats after acquire that power. He was able to throw out city busting attacks, and he was able to erect that tower. But a lot of people credit him with the reconfiguration of the planet. But, IIRC, it was the moving of the statues of the three goddesses that distorted the planet.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

There was no planet busting potential in the Black Materia.

It would only leave a huge wound in the planet, just like the Northern Crater, only bigger.

Sephiroth's plan wasn't to destroy the planet, it was to create a wound large enough that the planet would be forced to gather a large amount of lifestream in that location to heal itself. And when that happened, Sephiroth planned on absorbing the lifestream.

It's a common misconception when people assume the Black Materia was meant to destroy the planet, but it wasn't, Sephiroth even stated so.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#59 Edited by OverLordArhas (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Ruby was tougher. Emerald folds to several strategies that don't work against Ruby.

Well you need to acquire UnderWater Materia for one, PLUS you have to limit your equipped materia or else HEHEHEHE.

#60 Posted by randumo24 (4655 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, in game, Sin has the most powerful overdrive in FF. No matter what you do, if he has a chance to use it, it's automatically game over.

#61 Posted by TifaLockhart (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible to kill Emerald faster than the time limit or before Aire tam Storm.

#62 Posted by TifaLockhart (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegnagun has a similar attack.

#63 Posted by OverLordArhas (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@overlordarhas said:

@floopay said:

@overlordarhas:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

It would only leave a huge wound in the planet, just like the Northern Crater, only bigger.

Sephiroth's plan wasn't to destroy the planet, it was to create a wound large enough that the planet would be forced to gather a large amount of lifestream in that location to heal itself. And when that happened, Sephiroth planned on absorbing the lifestream.

It's a common misconception when people assume the Black Materia was meant to destroy the planet, but it wasn't, Sephiroth even stated so.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

As per Sephei's PLAN, he did what to destroy it, but rather wound the Planet enough for the LIFE STREAM to heal it, upon that, he would absorb that energy (for healing the planet) and became a GOD, IIRC. It is not stated on the amount of mass the BM can attract so I would assume that it can attract an asteroid large enough to actually bust a PLANET. You make me want to play FF7 again.

Off topic, I wish the Aries April's Fool Joke was True. I'm a victim as well.LOLZ.

#64 Edited by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible to kill Emerald faster than the time limit or before Aire tam Storm.

Emerald is hard, but he's not that hard. You can easily put him down in the time limit

Cloud, Barret, Yuffie ftw.

I did it once with Cloud dead, and just Cait Sith and Vincent Valentine. That was a waste of time, and difficult.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#65 Posted by TifaLockhart (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

Cait Sith is highly underrated. Manipulating the slots is where it's at.

#66 Edited by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@overlordarhas said:

@floopay said:

@overlordarhas:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

As per Sephei's PLAN, he did what to destroy it, but rather wound the Planet enough for the LIFE STREAM to heal it, upon that, he would absorb that energy (for healing the planet) and became a GOD, IIRC. It is not stated on the amount of mass the BM can attract so I would assume that it can attract an asteroid large enough to actually bust a PLANET. You make me want to play FF7 again.

Off topic, I wish the Aries April's Fool Joke was True. I'm a victim as well.LOLZ.

It only calls forth Meteor. I'm doubting there's another Meteor it can call that is capable of regenerating itself if attacked (remember the rocket crashing into it, and it pulling it's pieces back to itself), and the meteor was about the size of midgar, which is pretty huge, considering how big Midgar is.

A Meteor that size would probably destroy a good portion of a continent or better.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#67 Edited by OverLordArhas (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

No Game Shark right? What is your set-up?

#68 Edited by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Attack-Phoenix is key.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#69 Posted by TifaLockhart (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

I use w summon with boosted knights, but I've seen Barrett Ungarmax it to death with 4 hero drinks and counters linked to mime. Under two minutes.

#70 Posted by OverLordArhas (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@overlordarhas said:

Final Attack-Phoenix is key.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Auto life is standard Set-up for nintendo hard/the computer is a cheating bastard opponents, but I still run out of time, any other?

#71 Edited by OverLordArhas (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@overlordarhas said:

@floopay said:

@overlordarhas said:

@floopay said:

@overlordarhas:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

It only calls forth Meteor. I'm doubting there's another Meteor it can call that is capable of regenerating itself if attacked (remember the rocket crashing into it, and it pulling it's pieces back to itself), and the meteor was about the size of midgar, which is pretty huge, considering how big Midgar is.

A Meteor that size would probably destroy a good portion of a continent or better.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

So your telling me that after 1 meteor summon is cast, BM is useless?

#72 Posted by TifaLockhart (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't summon. Use multiple hit limits. Or have Vincent use Death Penalty after killing an obscene amount of enemies. If you want to semi "cheat" equip two materia bringing up Hp to 9999. When he Aire tam Storms, your HP becomes Lucky Sevens.

#73 Posted by OverLordArhas (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't summon. Use multiple hit limits. Or have Vincent use Death Penalty after killing an obscene amount of enemies. If you want to semi "cheat" equip two materia bringing up Hp to 9999. When he Aire tam Storms, your HP becomes Lucky Sevens.

For death Penalty, I think I will get UnderWater Materia Instead, less time consuming.

As for Lucky 7, that is when the Character is AMPED (7777 Damage every strike) but in a Berserk Status right?

#74 Posted by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: The Meteor does regenerate, so I'd imagine given a few years it could be used again.

When I use Vincent, I set him up with Elemental-Gravity, and Slash-All. That way, he can wipe out all of Emerald's weaponry whenever they respawn.

But I usually use Cloud, Barret, and Yuffie. Catastrophe or Angermax, Doom of the Living, and Omnislash. These are all limits that have multiple hits, do a lot of damage, and don't eat up a lot of time.

With a level 99 party with all the best weapons, master materia, and a set of mastered materia to throw around and equip. He's not too difficult. There's also Touph Rings, and etc. to boost your parties stats.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#75 Posted by randumo24 (4655 posts) - - Show Bio

This got off topic, but I think we can all agree that Lightning beats Cloud in game. Her base HP in FFXIII-2 is 43,000 and her normal attacks do more damage than Cloud's max HP.

#76 Edited by OverLordArhas (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

This got off topic, but I think we can all agree that Lightning beats Cloud in game. Her base HP in FFXIII-2 is 43,000 and her normal attacks do more damage than Cloud's max HP.

Can you blame us, put Cloud in and Sephiroth and FF7 is sure to follow.LOLZ.

Have not played FF XIII yet so I could not tell.

#77 Posted by randumo24 (4655 posts) - - Show Bio

@randumo24 said:

Can you blame us, put Cloud in and Sephiroth and FF7 is sure to follow.LOLZ.

Have not played FF XIII yet so I could not tell.

#78 Edited by xlab3000 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Cloud

#79 Edited by randumo24 (4655 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000 said:

Cloud

Whoa, don't be so descriptive next time.