Clone Troopers vs. Spartans(halo)

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darthvenar501st
DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@eisenfauste:

reaction time=\= actual movement time.

Sure they can run fast, but I don't think you heard me when I said that clone troopers are cloned from a TRUE MANDALORIAN. Mandalorians are NOT to be messed with. They've been capable of killing jedi, who are WAYYYYYYY faster than the average spartan. Jango fett, the mandalorian whose genetics is being used for the clones, has been known to kill numerous jedi, and was the best bounty hunter and mercenary in the ENTIRE GALAXY, which is a reason why he was chosen to be the source of the clones.

Stop making baseless claims. Clone plastoid armor CANNOT, and i say, CANNOT, be pierced by solid projectiles, UNLESS the projectiles is armor piercing.

From wookieepedia- " It also protected the troopers from very harsh environments as well as projectiles and kinetic energy weapons.[1] The armor significantly reduced damage to the wearer from a blaster bolt, but it could be completely penetrated by a more powerful cannon blast." Although this is from the 'stormtrooper armor' article of the site, it is still is the same plastoid armor used by clone troopers. The spartans' only hope of piercing clone armor is the sniper rifle's anti armor rounds.

Now h2h, i agree is what spartans are experts at. BUT, clones are absolutely expert sharpshooters. They won't let the spartans get close enough for an OP melee attack. Truth is, the clones' superior blaster weaponry will keep the spartans at bay, preventing them from getting in close.

Sorry, i love spartans. They are absolute badasses. But when it comes to the clones, they can't fare too well. Though i do admit the spartans will put up a very good fight and likely take down a lot of clones before being taken down themselves

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st:

Stop making baseless claims. Clone plastoid armor CANNOT, and i say, CANNOT, be pierced by solid projectiles, UNLESS the projectiles is armor piercing.

^

UNSC standard pistols are AP, their assault rifles are AP, Ill let eisen keep debating, but I've already got ur first post already ready to go, but ill let him tell u how it is first,

Standard UNSC pistol,

The pistol the Captain had given him was a standard Navy issue; it fired 12.7mm semi-armor pierc-ing high-explosive ammo from twelve-round clips.

-Halo: The Flood.

Standard UNSC assault rifle,

The Master Chief had acquired an MA5B assault rifle along with close to four hun-dred rounds of 7.62mm armor piercing ammunition.

-Halo: The Flood.

=/ man you really don't know halo do you? lol.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

well ok then. They have AP rounds. cool. Checked halo wiki too. But what I'd like to counter with is that bullets won't do as much damage as particle beams utilized by SW blasters. I'd also like to point out that the standard ma37 assault rifle has horrible accuracy at long range, and not much good stopping power either. This is derived from halo wiki. Maximum range- medium(this is what i don't like about halo wiki- no real numbers or quantities). Maximum range of the DC-15A Blaster Rifle- 10km(wookieepedia). Magnums don't have that much range either, as they're pistols.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: ???? Man, dude you can't be the second person who can't read today that I ran into. I never compared damage, I said They have AP rounds that's it. Btw Wiki for halo is also wrong, I've already proven damages with weapons and calcs that literally counter the wiki site that were from the books, they don't change it because the person or the admins haven't prolly been on forever. Either way, point is You said 1 statement and i just proved you wrong. I never once doubted that laser bolts from star wars would do more than UNSC weapons. Ugh.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Wolfrazer

The posts by Venar hurt my head, but he is correct in that blasters are pretty powerful. They also destroy things at a molecular based level if we go from even the forerunner of the blaster design, is able to do so, heck even before the first blaster there were weapons designed that could do so too. They fire a concentrated beam of high energy particles, which as expected can blast apart advanced alloys with ease.

Among showings of blasters blowing off body parts, blowing apart rock formations, blasting apart steel with ease, punching through armor, etc so on and so forth.

He's also correct in that Clone armor can stop bullets, I don't have any instances on hand but Stormtrooper armor which has pretty much the same durability can tank hails of hypersonic projectiles with no issue, same ones that were destroying Podracers and cracking Transparisteel which is a very durable material.

There are FMJ rounds in Star Wars which are used aswell as explosive rounds, but no sh*t that explosive rounds would destroy armor using detonite with a hypersonic projectile of course it would destroy the armor because you're getting a point blank explosion in your face.

At any rate, just came in to confirm all that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Wolf, I never doubted the weapons used, He said that the Spartans would need full AP to even pierce their rounds, I displayed this thats all. I didnt state their fire power was less or better than the blasters. I stated Covenant weapons are different, and range from a different type of damage output, and so on which in turn I've came to the conclusion their about equal in terms of what their purpose does. Anyway about to make a huge post for him it's done so far, showed some low end covenant weapons, but yeah meh its whatever. I do like your input always knowledgeable lol. I just don't trust wiki is all. XD

scratch that huge post it just got eaten, phuck this site.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I know, hence why I was just confirming it all. Though on a point, exactly what speeds do these weapons fire their rounds at? Because speed is a pretty important part of penetrating power, not saying that the APs can't penetrate the armor but I'm not entirely sure that if a hypersonic slug can't penetrate armor, even without FMJ, that's still a pretty big punch regardless to tank without a scratch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Eh they don't really say, but their faster than our weapons, not by much but a decent range.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: honestly i'd respond back, but I just had my posts deleted twice. ( to ur original response. )

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k, so now what do we have to analyze, now that we have agreed upon the superiority of SW blasters over unsc guns?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: No, like I pointed out in my two deleted posts because this site is such a pain in the... sometimes i pointed out UNSC carries other various weapons that are indeed as powerful as Clone trooper era blasters and fire arms. Overall though yes their better than UNSC, but not every weapon, and the spartans carry a variety of weapons including Sniper rifles and spartan lasers alike.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: i do agree that the sniper rifle is very powerful since its OP bullets can take out a scorpion tank in like 4-8 shots. But i still maintain that blasters are much more powerful. A DC-15 has pretty much the same destructive power as a rocket launcher or even a spartan laser! I'd like to use another scene from star wars showing the effects of a blaster weapon. Ep. III- Revenge of the Sith. The fight between Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous. At the end of the fight, Obi-Wan opens up his chest, revealing Grievous' vital organs(he is a Kaleesh cyborg btw). As Grievous perpares to strike Kenobi off the platform with an electrostaff, Kenobi force pulls an E-5 blaster rifle and aims it at Grievous' vulnerable chest. The first shot he fires IMMEDIATELY sets fire to Grievous' organs! 3-4 more shots later, Grievous is engulfed in flames and finally explodes, dead. Just another example i wanted to show since i was watching ROTS just a few hours ago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st:

i do agree that the sniper rifle is very powerful since its OP bullets can take out a scorpion tank in like 4-8 shots.

Wait, are you comparing game feats to?????? their actual feats? I can't even read any further until this is clear.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Nomar

Kinetic weapons will always be king. Unless they are covered in forcefields.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartans pull down their pants and sh*t on them..

gg.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: what are the "actual" feats of a unsc sniper rifle? plz enlighten me.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: Popping an Elite's shields in one shot, going through armor stuff like that

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spartans stomp.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DarthVenar501st

@eisenfauste: that happens in the games, as well as destroying scorpions in a few shots. It's bullets are Anti-Matériel, so they do major damage to vehicles in halo, although i doubt they would put more than a big dent in star wars tanks, which are made of durasteel.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

team 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: Well it takes time to find feats for actual novel sniper shots, so it mite be a tad bit, cause not very many spartans are known to carry the sniper a ton. Doesn't mean it doesnt happen though and usually per spartan squad there's always a sniper as well, whom btw will pick off the standing clones whom dont even seem to dodge laser fire. They also tend to go for the head shot which yes clone armor may protect it, but lol if they live the after shock ( do note I said may i doubt it but meh ).

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Are we talking Original trilogy Storm Troopers, or are we talking Storm Troopers that don't suck?

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Wolfrazer

@mewmdude77 said:

Are we talking Original trilogy Storm Troopers, or are we talking Storm Troopers that don't suck?

It doesn't matter cause neither of them suck and it's Clone Troopers anyway as noted in the title. Clones=/= Stormies.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: the droids were never the best infantry. Their E-5 blaster rifles were kinda inaccurate, which is why the CIS had its armies march 1700s style in order to increase the accuracy and chances of getting a hit. Yeah if a unsc sniper can pop through elite shields, its gonna take out a clone. I wonder, perhaps the DC-15x(clone sniper rifle) is at least on par with the unsc sniper rifle?

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Wolfrazer

@darthvenar501st: The E-5 itself wasn't inaccurate, it was the B1s which used a basic algarithm which was the problem. The E-5 blaster itself was fine, hence why Padme was able to use one so effectively and accurately, ontop of it being used by B-X commandos.

As per the DC-15x there isn't really a range for how long the range is, I can't seem to find a gauge for range on sniper rifles.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Chief solos

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points