Clone Troopers vs. Spartans(halo)

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lboy

Who wins.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Logic Mark III

I think this was done. Mostly people agreed Spartan curbstomp on clone troopers.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn

Spartans would crap all over the Clone Troopers

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By T.J. Magnum

uhhh spartans

We Are Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By We Are Legend

Spartans

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Last_Guardian

Spartans..easy

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lboy

I am a big fan of star wars but ill have to go with the spartans.
Post Edited:2008-05-29 07:29:54

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Mr. Wilson

SPARTANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul

How many clone troopers? Because enough of anything can defeat something. Enough clone troopers would break the Spartans much like how enough droids broke down the jedi.

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lboy

The 300 spartons and the half the clone troopers.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vrakmul

Mr. Wilson says:

"lboy says:
"The 300 spartons and the half the clone troopers."

Please tell me this isn't in the whole galaxy because you're just handing to the clone troopers."

He does. And this means the clone troopers could just blast the spartans to dust from orbit. The acclamators the star destroyer like transports in episode two have turbo lasers with fire power measuring over 200 gigatons. Thats well over the power of any earth nuke. And in the levels of a meteorite impact. In other words, the spartans end up as space dust.

And even without the ships the sheer number of clone troopers will work like the limitless hordes of the droids on geonosis, their foes are eventually overwhelmed and are quickly cut down.
Post Edited:2008-05-29 07:33:07

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vrakmul

lboy says:

Half the clone troopers in the galaxy at their peak numbers? Thats well in the billions or possibly even the trillions. By virtue of sheer numbers the Spartans all die.

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lboy

I ment 300clone troopers and 300 spartans.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vrakmul

lboy says:

" I ment 300clone troopers and 300 spartans."

Then this ends up as a poorly done slaughterfest on the favor of the spartans.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr. Wilson

lboy says:

Please tell me this isn't in the whole galaxy because you're just handing to the clone troopers.

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Yeah, The Clone Troopers are Cannon fooder, a Delux Cannon fodder, but Cannon fooder nontheless. One Spartan from Halo can do very much of damage alone. (We know that from playing one, even if he's masterchief hehehehe !). Elite win over the Cannon Fodder.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Logic Mark III

Its actually worth noting that Master Chief is [on paper] a very mediocre Spartan. There are Spartans vastly faster than him [Kelly], vastly better marksmen [Linda] and stronger [James...i think]. So if we are talking more than one Spartan its fair to say that there will be Spartans who can kick but much harder than the Master Chief can as great as he is.

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Damn ! I didn't even know that ! The Covenant are doomed !

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mantoid

Isn't there already a Star Wars VS. Halo thread?

Just L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Just L

what is that number between the two how many are fighting here. give me a number and then i will state my awnser.

Just L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Just L

what is that number between the two how many are fighting here. give me a number and then i will state my awnser.

Just L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Just L

i dont know

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cpt_linger

clone troopers, much more of a unified unit, work together, they are ALL on the same page because they are simply the same person. you can't beat a clone whose willing to give anything.... ANYTHING for victory. clone troopers win, that includes death star right, death star pwns all!

Avatar image for daredevilfan182
Daredevilfan182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By Daredevilfan182

O I thought you mean the Spartans from Halo. Cuz they would crush Clone Troopers like a fat chick on a dog.

Avatar image for lantern_of_hatred
Lantern Of Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better fight here.

Mandalorians VS Spartans.

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lboy

Man this is clone troopers vs. spartans if youre going to start a new thread start one. but dont start one in a different battle.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Logic Mark III

Mandalorians would get the same treatment.

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
Deathstrokesrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you kidding me?? Their blasters will literally split them in half!!! It will take a bunch of bullets to pierce the clone's armor!

ntb101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spartans (halo)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

SPARTAN-II's and Clone Troopers have some similarities. They were trained to be efficient soldiers from a very young age, and have enhancements.

The similarities stop there. SPARTAN-II's are more well-trained, since a big slice of the UNSC's resources were focused on them, while the Clone Troopers don't get the same high quality training since they were mass-produced. This is not to mention how SPARTAN-II's are better equipped and their armor triumphs after Clone Trooper armor. It's like the Spartans versus the Persians all over again.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jwwprod

Spartans win easily but both are equally as cool :)

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RidTom

Would Kinetic weapons even hurt the Clone Troopers Armour?

Avatar image for haloisbetterthanyou
HaloIsBetterThanYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ridtom: the shields in star wars are ray shields that only defend against plasma based weapons, but not lightsabers or kinetic weapons

Avatar image for haloisbetterthanyou
HaloIsBetterThanYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstrokesrevenge: actually, as I told ridtom, the shields in star wars only defend against plasma based guns, not kinetic rounds

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bluejay4

What type of Clone Troopers?

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clone troopers can only hit the back of their jedi allies. They can't hit the Spartans even if they stand in front of them. Clone troopers' armor can't even protect them against rocks and arrows. Spartans stomp.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how this thread was bumped when it's spite and not only that but showing misinformation too on Clone armor.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By okayalright_44
hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darthvenar501st
DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how nobody here has attempted to analyze the power of SW blasters. Blaster weapons fire a high energized ion beam, which is even more powerful and efficient than superheated plasma(says so on blasters article on wookieepedia). As covie plasma weapons seem to do the trick in taking down spartan shields easy, blasters will do the job even better. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! Also stated on wookieepedia, blaster shots create small violent explosions when they come into contact with any unshielded surface! Example: Tantive IV boarding scene. The stormtroopers were missing several shots but when their blasters hit the bulkheads it produced MASSIVE amounts of smoke and explosions! Now back to clones. Their standard DC-15 blaster rifle has a large magazine of 500 rounds, and with a very long barrel, contributing to the accuracy, not to mention that clones are dead accurate soldiers. Let's assume that the spartans have thier standard MA37 assault rifle. that thing is very inaccurate and does somewhat good damage when fired in short controlled bursts. Their 7.62 bullets won't do any good to the clones' plastoid armor, which is designed to protect against physcial projectiles like bullets. I will also point out that while Spartans are "bred for war", abducted at 7 and trained to be the deadliest of soldiers, clone troopers were LITERALLY bred for war! And they were trained from BIRTH! Also pointing out that the amount of clone troopers created over the course of the clone wars outnumbers the total amount of Spartans made(are we only doing IIs? Or all 4 kinds?)

Now i will mention for myself, being a massive Star Wars fan(although i love playing halo a lot too), despite the Spartans and their hardened combat skills and their armor and strength and cunning, the clone troopers, with their superior weaponry and bullet immune armor, have a very large chance in defeating the Spartans. Regular clones might have some difficulty but if u take Rex Fives and Echo then it'll be a lot better match

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: It could or could not be a spite depending on what the op gives the spartans. With that said it could be a close fight or well it could be a one sided fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st:

I love how nobody here has attempted to analyze the power of SW blasters. Blaster weapons fire a high energized ion beam, which is even more powerful and efficient than superheated plasma(says so on blasters article on wookieepedia).

Who's plasma??? If its hotter than star wars plasma, then that stuff must be pretty dang weak.

As covie plasma weapons seem to do the trick in taking down spartan shields easy, blasters will do the job even better.

No not really, their about the same.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! Also stated on wookieepedia, blaster shots create small violent explosions when they come into contact with any unshielded surface!

Same with covenant plasma, but it does it better.

I will also point out that while Spartans are "bred for war", abducted at 7 and trained to be the deadliest of soldiers, clone troopers were LITERALLY bred for war! And they were trained from BIRTH! Also pointing out that the amount of clone troopers created over the course of the clone wars outnumbers the total amount of Spartans made(are we only doing IIs? Or all 4 kinds?)

Spartans have the same training time for clone troopers, thus making this moot. Also spartans were bred for war, because they took the smartest, strongest, etc kids they could find and put them into situations that were very impossible. On top of that the spartans went under a certain program that boost's all stats unlike the clone trooper counter parts, to where they will indeed be able to react better than a normal human. In fact it's even stated in a book that no human could ever defeat them per say 1 on 1. Aside from that they also wearing armor with improved shields and so on, once more if they were equipped with covenant gear they could win as their shields would take hits and prolly their armor where as the clone's armor could take hits, but due to the it not having a shield regen over like a period of 5 secs they'd over time lose the edge in about the same armor stats and so on.

I'm not gonna break this down any more because you literally are basing this off of a site that not even the famous wolfrazer would trust, and Ik he could give us a great run down and display to us how good their armor and weapons with actual quotes and no someone else's words. With that said Spartans prolly lose due to the fact that they'd been given standard UNSC weapons because the op didnt say and we ahve to fall back on standard gear. Otherwise it's a "could go either way" thread, most likely.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartans stomp. They could do all this with a golf club too.

Avatar image for theredheadedyeti
TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would a clone be able to track a Spartan running at full tilt? They're damned fast. Clones would have to keep them at a distance because one on one a Spartan would manhandle a clone. They both have similar military training in that they are raised from very young ages to be impeccable soldiers; although SW has the tech advantage. The tech advantage however, only lasts as long as it stays in the clone's hands. If a Spartan gets a hold of their weapons and realizes that the weapons are superior they will most likely change tactics and attempt to use the superior tech. IMO the Spartans take it but it's not a total stomp. That's just my two cents though. You're all free to disagree.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DarthVenar501st
@killerwasp said:

@darthvenar501st:

I love how nobody here has attempted to analyze the power of SW blasters. Blaster weapons fire a high energized ion beam, which is even more powerful and efficient than superheated plasma(says so on blasters article on wookieepedia).

Who's plasma??? If its hotter than star wars plasma, then that stuff must be pretty dang weak.

Already said that wookieepedia stated that it is SUPERHEATED PLASMA, EXACTLY what the covenant uses. it doesn't matter whether or not star wars uses it, blaster weaponry is still more powerful.

As covie plasma weapons seem to do the trick in taking down spartan shields easy, blasters will do the job even better.

No not really, their about the same.

Again, wookieepedia states that blasters are far superior to superheated plasma weapons, so no they're not the same.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! Also stated on wookieepedia, blaster shots create small violent explosions when they come into contact with any unshielded surface!

Same with covenant plasma, but it does it better.

While i await you providing me evidence of covoie plasam pistols causing explosions from one mere shot to the wall, here is some evidence that SW blasters do what wookieepedia said. 1, watch the Tantive IV boarding scene in A New Hope. I will point out if not already known that the stormtroopers BJORKED up the rebels in that scene, it's just hat the plot armor on main characters prevents them from hitting main characters. Now back to blasters, just under 10-ish seconds of a firefight in that hallway, the entire place is BILLOWING with smoke from all the blasters hitting the bulkeads. 2, also in the same movie, right when the millennium falcon is about to take off from mos eisley, the small exchange of fire between the sandtroopers and han solo, you can even see han solo's blaster PISTOL tearing off large chunks of the hangar!

I will also point out that while Spartans are "bred for war", abducted at 7 and trained to be the deadliest of soldiers, clone troopers were LITERALLY bred for war! And they were trained from BIRTH! Also pointing out that the amount of clone troopers created over the course of the clone wars outnumbers the total amount of Spartans made(are we only doing IIs? Or all 4 kinds?)

Spartans have the same training time for clone troopers, thus making this moot. Also spartans were bred for war, because they took the smartest, strongest, etc kids they could find and put them into situations that were very impossible. On top of that the spartans went under a certain program that boost's all stats unlike the clone trooper counter parts, to where they will indeed be able to react better than a normal human. In fact it's even stated in a book that no human could ever defeat them per say 1 on 1. Aside from that they also wearing armor with improved shields and so on, once more if they were equipped with covenant gear they could win as their shields would take hits and prolly their armor where as the clone's armor could take hits, but due to the it not having a shield regen over like a period of 5 secs they'd over time lose the edge in about the same armor stats and so on.

For this, spartans DO NOT, and i mean. DO NOT, have the same amount of time of training. Spartans- taken at age 7 and start training. Clones- born and being training. Not to mention that in AOTC, it is said that the clones' growth acceleration is increased so they can make mature clones in HALF THE TIME, thus making them train faster and longer than spartans. Yeah, so augmentations, big deal. The clones are not even of a mere human. They were cloned from THE Jango Fett, the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy, a TRUE MANDALORIAN, amd a deadly warrior capable of taking down numerous force users. k, so in the halo universe, where humans have stuck to using petty 7.62 bullets for 5 centuries, regular humans can't beat spartans. Now if u were even listening to my analysis of SW blaster weaponry, that alone will be able to turn the tables on the spartans. Heck even han solo, if he was quick enough(which he is. HAN SHOT FIRST lol) could take down a spartan from a good amount of range with his blaster pistol in a few shots. I admit MJOLNIR armor is very strong and advanced, and with shields. But since it has been shown that spartan shields don't fare well after a little bit of hits from plasma weapons, I guarantee you they will not do any better when against blasters. It hasn't been really stated that spartans would have covie gear so lets put that thought away. Clone armor is designed to protect against projectiles such as bullets(or as SW calls them, slugs), so unless the spartans have their OP tank busting sniper rifles, bullets will do no more than put a few scratches or dents on the armor.

I'm not gonna break this down any more because you literally are basing this off of a site that not even the famous wolfrazer would trust, and Ik he could give us a great run down and display to us how good their armor and weapons with actual quotes and no someone else's words. With that said Spartans prolly lose due to the fact that they'd been given standard UNSC weapons because the op didnt say and we have to fall back on standard gear. Otherwise it's a "could go either way" thread, most likely.

What? You think just cuz wookieepedia is a wiki, means it is unreliable? They DO show sources and what they derived the information from. So i think you and this wolfrazer guy, for whatever he's "famous" for, should not judge a book by its cover, and go to the damn site first before you start assuming things and pulling stats from your behinds!

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: Could you edit that to make it more clear what you are saying as opposed to what killerwasp is saying? I have to go back and compare his post to yours just to tell what you're trying to counter.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DarthVenar501st

Sorry it's kinda hard to read it, i was quoting. Here is all the stuff i said:

Already said that wookieepedia stated that it is SUPERHEATED PLASMA, EXACTLY what the covenant uses. it doesn't matter whether or not star wars uses it, blaster weaponry is still more powerful.

Again, wookieepedia states that blasters are far superior to superheated plasma weapons, so no they're not the same.

While i await you providing me evidence of covoie plasam pistols causing explosions from one mere shot to the wall, here is some evidence that SW blasters do what wookieepedia said. 1, watch the Tantive IV boarding scene in A New Hope. I will point out if not already known that the stormtroopers BJORKED up the rebels in that scene, it's just hat the plot armor on main characters prevents them from hitting main characters. Now back to blasters, just under 10-ish seconds of a firefight in that hallway, the entire place is BILLOWING with smoke from all the blasters hitting the bulkeads. 2, also in the same movie, right when the millennium falcon is about to take off from mos eisley, the small exchange of fire between the sandtroopers and han solo, you can even see han solo's blaster PISTOL tearing off large chunks of the hangar!

For this, spartans DO NOT, and i mean. DO NOT, have the same amount of time of training. Spartans- taken at age 7 and start training. Clones- born and being training. Not to mention that in AOTC, it is said that the clones' growth acceleration is increased so they can make mature clones in HALF THE TIME, thus making them train faster and longer than spartans. Yeah, so augmentations, big deal. The clones are not even of a mere human. They were cloned from THE Jango Fett, the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy, a TRUE MANDALORIAN, amd a deadly warrior capable of taking down numerous force users. k, so in the halo universe, where humans have stuck to using petty 7.62 bullets for 5 centuries, regular humans can't beat spartans. Now if u were even listening to my analysis of SW blaster weaponry, that alone will be able to turn the tables on the spartans. Heck even han solo, if he was quick enough(which he is. HAN SHOT FIRST lol) could take down a spartan from a good amount of range with his blaster pistol in a few shots. I admit MJOLNIR armor is very strong and advanced, and with shields. But since it has been shown that spartan shields don't fare well after a little bit of hits from plasma weapons, I guarantee you they will not do any better when against blasters. It hasn't been really stated that spartans would have covie gear so lets put that thought away. Clone armor is designed to protect against projectiles such as bullets(or as SW calls them, slugs), so unless the spartans have their OP tank busting sniper rifles, bullets will do no more than put a few scratches or dents on the armor.

What? You think just cuz wookieepedia is a wiki, means it is unreliable? They DO show sources and what they derived the information from. So i think you and this wolfrazer guy, for whatever he's "famous" for, should not judge a book by its cover, and go to the damn site first before you start assuming things and pulling stats from your behinds!

There u go/ BTW nice profile pic. The vision is awesome!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: Clones get sh*t on dude end of story. Spartans are fast enough to dodge and bolts and yes Clone Trooper armor can be penetrated by rounds, it barely protects against small bits of shrapnel, it won't hold up against 60 FMJ rounds smashing into it and it won't hold up to far less.

Spartans could just get up close and demolish them in h2h.

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartans with almost no effort.