Cloak, Madcap, Gargoyle vs Deathstalker, Mysterio, Demogoblin

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator
Cloak, Madcap, and Gargoyle vs Death-Stalker, Mysterio, and Demogoblin.

Standard versions of all.  1 hour of prep for both teams.  In character.  Madcap has randomly decided to join the good guys for the hell of it.

Battle takes place on a large deserted pier off Manhattan, starting at 30'.

Who wins and why?

Cloak
Cloak
Madcap
Madcap
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 Death-Stalker
 Death-Stalker
Mysterio
Mysterio
 Demogoblin
 Demogoblin
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

OK, here's the rundown: 
Cloak: intangibility, teleportation, darkforce tendrils
Madcap: one of the best healing factors in the Marvel universe, plus he can make you crazy if you look him in the eye
Gargoyle: fly, low super strength and durability, regeneration, fear blasts, concussive blasts, can suck your life force
vs
Death-stalker: some super strength, intangibility, teleportation, death-touch (via A.I.M. tech)
Mysterio: makes illusions; has been much more effective in ASM and Spider-Men than he used to be
Demogoblin: super strength, fly on flaming glider, darkforce bombs, explosive bombs, fire blasts

So both teams have darkforce, teleportation, intangibilty, supernatural beings, and the ability to make illusions and make you wonder if you're nuts.
Some questions: Can anyone beat Cloak or Death-stalker?  Maybe via fear power/illusions?
Can anyone hurt Madcap?  Maybe via death-touch or darkforce?
Can anyone take out Gargoyle?  Maybe via illusions or darkforce or death-touch?
If Mysterio has an hour prep, how much aid can he give to his team?  He could just hang out from a distance and not even put himself in danger, as he did in the ASM Intelligentsia story.
Can anyone stop Gargoyle's life-force sucking power or Madcap's insanity power or Mysterio's illusions or Death-stalker's death-touch?

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Nice battle, tough. I came in because of Madcap, good to see him in a good battle. Gonna go team 1 thanks to Cloaks internal dimension, don't know if Deathstalker or Demigoblin would be able to get out if Cloak managed to bring them in. I'm not sure how Madcap would respond to illusions, since he's already loony, you think they would affect him?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Donovan Montgomery said:

Nice battle, tough. I came in because of Madcap, good to see him in a good battle. Gonna go team 1 thanks to Cloaks internal dimension, don't know if Deathstalker or Demigoblin would be able to get out if Cloak managed to bring them in. I'm not sure how Madcap would respond to illusions, since he's already loony, you think they would affect him?

Thanks, I've been thinking that Madcap is underrepresented  too.  I feel like he could be fooled by illusions--for instance, if Mysterio made it look like the pier kept going, but really it stopped, Madcap might walk off the edge of the pier--but I don't think he would be affected by the "inner fear" style illusions, illusions that are supposed to make you doubt yourself or whatever.  And I think you're right, Deathstalker and Demogoblin probably could not get out of Cloak's inner dimension if he caught them.  Cloak is probably the hardest one to beat.  But I could see possibly Mysterio tricking him into BFRing himself or something.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By owie  Moderator

Bump bump bump.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Chaos Prime

anyone that can look GhostRider in the eye then laugh off the penance stare gets my vote :) team one for the win.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Chaos Prime said:

anyone that can look GhostRider in the eye then laugh off the penance stare gets my vote :) team one for the win.

Which one of them did that?  Madcap?
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chaos Prime

@Owie said:

@Chaos Prime said:

Which one of them did that? Madcap?

indeed it was :)

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chaos Prime

Bump

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts