Clayface vs Spider Man

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blackdog2009

Clayface has had enough of Gotham and Batman, he goes to NY... robs a bank, and Spidey shows up. Chaos ensues, fight breaks out... who takes this fight?

Note: Spiderman knows nothing of Clayface and vice versa.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3 JediXMan  Moderator

Spider-Man. He's used to villains like Sandman and Hydro-Man - he can handle Clayface.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran:

Ah, but Clayface is a shapeshifter as well, and smart... He has given Wonder Woman trouble.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran:

True, I'm rooting for Spidey to be honest, but Clayface is a brute with incredible strength and I don't see how Spiderman could hold him or even put him out.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blackdog2009

@mitran:

stronger than Clayface? how do you know?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blackdog2009

@mitran:

Clayface can manipulate his mass expertly, grow in size effectively getting stronger. He gave Wonder Woman a run for her money by brute force alone. Wonder Woman is A LOT stronger than Spiderman. But all this is moot actually. It's not a bench pressing contest. I'm willing to concede that Spiderman wins by outsmarting Clayface who is impulsive, and quickly gets distracted in fights and tends to just go away when things don't go his way. In the pics that's Power Girl and Wonder Woman he is holding ... and they are way above Spiderman's strength level.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran:

sorry man, if the scans are not enough for you that's too bad. a picture is worth a thousand words. yes, Batman usually outsmarts Clayface, and Batman has survived encounters and confrontations with the likes of a mind controlled Superman, Amazo, Gorilla Grodd, Solomon Grundy, Blockbuster, a venom fueled Bane, Killer Croc and many other brutes that should have easily killed him, so that is really no reflection on Clayface alone.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran:

The pictures are meant to show you that Clayface is strong enough to hold his own with a Kryptonian and an Amazon, as you are CONFIRMING that Spiderman is stronger than he is, I showed you that he isn't.

Did you ignore the part where I said that I'm willing to concede that Spiderman wins by outsmarting Clayface? If you read that, why are you still arguing?

The bad guys lost in those stories as the bad guys always lose, eventually Clayface lost in that story where he faced WW and PG. Clayface has the potential to be a very powerful adversary but at heart he's a goon, a washed up actor that really only wishes to be himself again, to be human again. He anguishes for human companionship but has demonstrated in almost all cases that if he doesn't want to be held up, he will not be held up!

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran:

Except that Galactus eats worlds for breakfast. I know that. If I would've made the claim that Galactus was stronger than Spiderman, I would have been right.

But you did claim that Spiderman is stronger than Clayface and in the next post you admit to not knowing enough about Clayface!! So why do you make claims when you don't know the true, complete facts?

And since you're 'bored' and making argument out of spite. I'll stop right here then.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran:

You want to lear about Clayface but you know he's a street leveler?! Make up you mind dude.

Clayface according to DC's database has the following powers: size alteration, density control, superhuman agility, superhuman strength, superhuman stamina, superhuman durability. His one and only weakness is that he is insane. Mentally unstable and this is how Batman defeats him most of the time. Clayface is not a street leveler.

Now when I say this to you, I'm not making it up. It's fact. There are stories to back it up. He has been part of the Secret Society of Supervillains and the Injustice League. Clayface has faced Batman countless times but he has also fought Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Superman and many other superheroes.

Is that inconsistent? Maybe. That's the way comics go buddy. Spiderman you say, is a 20 tonner leveler... ok, yet Daredevil has punched him, Kraven basically killed him and buried him, Doctor Optopus currently has his body, the Vulture almost killed him, the Punisher has fought him, The Kingpin has tagged him. Get it? Inconsistency is part of comic book storytelling unfortunately.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i say clayface wins. spidey is agile and fast but its tough to run away from something that can envelop you like bed sheets. plus while hes doing that he can turn any part of his body into maces, swords, etc...only way spidey wins is with prep

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mitran:

Is that inconsistent? Maybe. That's the way comics go buddy. Spider-man you say, is a 20 tonner leveler... OK, yet Daredevil has punched him, Kraven basically killed him and buried him, Doctor Octopus currently has his body, the Vulture almost killed him, the Punisher has fought him, The Kingpin has tagged him. Get it? Inconsistency is part of comic book storytelling unfortunately.

Kraven and the Vulture both have super strength themselves.

Also Kingpin is odd in that his portrayal always kind of contradicted his back story. He's always been touted as a normal human at the top of his game but his actual feats, like bending steel bars, beating the crap out of Daredevil and Cap easily, hanging with Spider-Man etc all consistently indicated that he was himself, super strong. He got nerfed a lot during the 90s though.

Punisher was a very legitimate inconsistency though.

As was the Tarantula.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blackdog2009

Well, thankfully we'll be able to see Clayface in action soon as the January DC solicitations read for the upcoming JLA story:

A FOREVER EVIL tie-in! Survivors Martian Manhunter and Stargirl make a perilous trek across a Super-Villain occupied United States. Their first stop may be the last as they enter Gotham City and Clayface-occupied territory!

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Spider-Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wolverine08: @jedixman: @mitran: Batman has arguably better tech and undoubtely more resources than Spiderman and barely beat Clayface (New 52),which is now capable to adapt and evolving and copy a person until the base of DNA (Batman confirmed in Batman 20) .

Batman uses hydrogen and electricity against ...and that doesn't work.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He could wisthand a massive explosion

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

After his evolution in Batman 20,Batman only beat Clayface with prep...as he does in Batman 21 (Trap him in unbreakable cage) and Batman: The Dark Knight 23 (Scan below,using a special energy cage)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ForeverEvil

clayflace cuts him up into pieces

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ForeverEvil
batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I'm not sure. I think I'm going with Clayface. He's a harder opponent to beat than Sandman

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Spidey lose

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Leaving out the fact that Peter is faster, spider-sense, stronger, all the usual...Peter carries ice pellets. It's been pretty standard gear towards the end of his Amazing run along with magnetic webbing. So, there you go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: Yup!!

Leaving out the fact that Peter is faster, spider-sense, stronger, all the usual...Peter carries ice pellets. It's been pretty standard gear towards the end of his Amazing run along with magnetic webbing. So, there you go.

You saw the scans above that Batman use several similar gears and didn't beat him,because Clayface is immune to ice,water,fire,electricity,acid?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By cameron83

@granitesoldier said:

You saw the scans above that Batman use several similar gears and didn't beat him,because Clayface is immune to ice,water,fire,electricity,acid?

I agree that Clayface would win (current one,anyway) and Spiderman would win only due to prep,but some people here are saying that he gets cut into pieces......you realize all of the things wrong in that ignorant statement,right?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21 said:

@granitesoldier said:

I agree that Clayface would win (current one,anyway) and Spiderman would win only due to prep,but some people here are saying that he gets cut into pieces......you realize all of the things wrong in that ignorant statement,right?

Current Clayface is definately stronger than I thought. I can admit that. With the proper prep, Spidey too can win. In a random? Yes, Spidey would lose. Cut to ribbons? This assumes he can hit Spidey to kill him, which, well whatever, haters gonna hate.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@cameron83 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@granitesoldier said:

Current Clayface is definately stronger than I thought. I can admit that. With the proper prep, Spidey too can win. In a random? Yes, Spidey would lose. Cut to ribbons? This assumes he can hit Spidey to kill him, which, well whatever, haters gonna hate.

Exactly.

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@granitesoldier said:

Where I agree with those people? Prove..

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@matchesmalone21 said:

@granitesoldier:

@cameron83 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@granitesoldier said:

Where I agree with those people? Prove..

Huh? I was addressing someone else, sorry your name just got tagged in the quote.

Unless your were addressing someone else and I've just made the same mistake...

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clayface.

spidey needs prep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh come on, spidey will think of something like he allways does

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman with average effort.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Clayface wrecks. He is not Sandman.

matanui123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidy's webbing held up the Bugle. I'm sure it can incapacitate clay face.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jashro44

Looks to me like Batmans ice was working and he just didn't have enough. Looks like clayface broke his arm off before his body froze. I think if Peter unloaded enough cryo pellets clayface would freeze.And Peters Cryo pellets expand on a much bigger radius then that freezing gas Bruce tried. If someone has a showing of clay faces entire body freezing and him countering then he would win. Otherwise he loses.

Oh and those wonder woman scans are out of context. IIRC clayface was amped because wonder woman in the pre new 52 universe was made from clay. He isn't normally that powerful just for the record.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if spiderman doesnt get prep he loses.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CLAYFACE. He can melt people with just a touch including Spidy web. He can also shape shift into anything including Jets,trains and even The Hulk

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clayface. In no way is Clayface a street leveler. Batman is the personification of brain over brawn. Thats how he wins those matches.

Spider-Man would need to prep first then he would win. Spider-Man has had his shares of losing first to a villian he doesn't know about, escaping that battle and figuring out how to win the next.