Classic Thor vs Winter

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Decoy Elite

Sorry if this has been done, I couldn't find anything with the search.  Thanks to CosmicSpiral for helping think of this thread(basically thinking of the whole thing :/)
I'll edit the OP if need be(people find this one sided)

Classic Thor(that is to say Thor as portrayed at his classic power levels) vs Winter  (Latest version of Winter)

Fight takes place in an abandoned New York City
Morals are on
Both have standard equipment (Thor has his hammer, Winter has his armor for what it's worth) 

Classic Thor
 Classic Thor
vs
 Winter
 Winter
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Thor.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Crom-Cruach said:
" Thor. "
Reasoning?
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Decoy Elite: I can't think of a single winter feat to match classic Thor's best ones that weren't PIS.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle

Classic Thor without a doubt. 

If I remember Winter as vulnerable as normal guy physically, unless he's more powerful now, One hit by Thor he's done
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Decoy Elite: I can't think of a single winter feat to match classic Thor's best ones that weren't PIS. "
:( I thought I'd made a good cosmic thread. Oh well, thanks for the input.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Decoy Elite: Honestly thought, this is because I've read a lot more Thor then Stormwatch. I could be wrong.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Decoy Elite: It's good if you specify which version of Winter. Assume it's the latest version, who can tap directly into the energy of the sun. 
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Decoy Elite
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Decoy Elite: It's good if you specify which version of Winter. Assume it's the latest version, who can tap directly into the energy of the sun.  "
Edited the OP
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@CosmicSpiral: what feats does that version have?
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Crom-Cruach said:

" @CosmicSpiral: what feats does that version have? "

He was able to tap into the magic of the Night Tribes (correct me if I'm wrong, Buckshot) to create an titanic explosion; the resulting crater could be seen from space. He also threatened the safety of Earth when he was merged with the sun. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@CosmicSpiral:  wow! But I don't see anything above Thor here.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @CosmicSpiral:  wow! But I don't see anything above Thor here. "
What makes this a challenge for Thor is Winter's energy absorption. He can literally process any type of energy to enhance his physical body and convert it so that it hurts his opponents back. Also he can directly access the energy of the sun with some pain. He will be able to drain the magical energy of Mjolnir and most of Thor's attacks; likewise, Thor can do the same. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@CosmicSpiral: interesting... what if Thor just threw his hammer in his face. Could winter tank such a blow?
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @CosmicSpiral: interesting... what if Thor just threw his hammer in his face. Could winter tank such a blow? "
Thor would not do that. It's against his morals. 
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Susanoo

Thor wins.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@CosmicSpiral: could winter take his punches?
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Current Winter is a planet-buster, but, to be frank, his resume doesn't contain anything jaw-dropping.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Crom-Cruach said:

" @CosmicSpiral: could winter take his punches? "

Yes, unless Thor hits him too hard by accident. He one-shot Namor in the rain by misjudging his durability, but that rarely happens. Plus the kinetic energy of the punches would make Winter stronger. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@CosmicSpiral: I'm having a hard time seeing Winter survive the brunt force of Thor's physical might here. Sounds like Thor can K.O him in one punch.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @CosmicSpiral: I'm having a hard time seeing Winter survive the brunt force of Thor's physical might here. Sounds like Thor can K.O him in one punch. "
When Classic Thor meets an opponent he does not know, he holds back his power to a significant degree. That's how people like the Wrecker aren't immediately one-shotted. 
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @CosmicSpiral:  wow! But I don't see anything above Thor here. "
What makes this a challenge for Thor is Winter's energy absorption. He can literally process any type of energy to enhance his physical body and convert it so that it hurts his opponents back. Also he can directly access the energy of the sun with some pain. He will be able to drain the magical energy of Mjolnir and most of Thor's attacks; likewise, Thor can do the same.  "
What has Winter accomplished absorption-wise that puts him above Thor in that category. He's basically a small step up from Vulcan IMHO.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Decoy Elite: I can't think of a single winter feat to match classic Thor's best ones that weren't PIS. "
A single one? How about flying into the sun? Or unleashing a portion of the sun's energy on Earth? 

@cattlebattle said:
" Classic Thor without a doubt.  If I remember Winter as vulnerable as normal guy physically, unless he's more powerful now, One hit by Thor he's done "
He's physically superior to normal humans (he caught a bullet in a fight before without amping up, probably a result of being half-kheran) and he gets energy from hits so at his starting level he'd get hit by Thor and divert the majority of the energy from the hit into increasing his abilities and not into damage. That's what he did when he got in a fist fight with The High. 

@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:

" @CosmicSpiral: what feats does that version have? "

He was able to tap into the magic of the Night Tribes (correct me if I'm wrong, Buckshot) to create an titanic explosion; the resulting crater could be seen from space. He also threatened the safety of Earth when he was merged with the sun.  "
Only because you asked but you got it mostly right. He was fighting the Night Tribes but he didn't use their energy (though he did say he took theirs, but that was when he was just staying even with them, not when he defeated them). He still has a connection with the sun so he just let a little bit of that out and turned a portion of the Earth (it was more than visible from space so a huge chunk of the continent) into a crater of glass.  

@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @CosmicSpiral: interesting... what if Thor just threw his hammer in his face. Could winter tank such a blow? "
Thor would not do that. It's against his morals.  "
But yes, Winter would be ok. See above about getting the energy from physical attacks and think Sebastian Shaw. When it happened originally The High eventually overcame him, but that was before Winter went into the sun and seemed to obliterate any limit he might have had. And just for reference, The High has shown himself capable of casually tossing asteroids and has shattered the moon in half. Winter took multiple hits from him (not claiming they were full power hits, but still, hits meant to put him down) before the sun incident. 

Problems I see for Winter: If Thor gets smart, eventually he'll figure out a way to hurt Winter. He simply has more tricks at his disposal and one of them will work and since I doubt Winter will put him down quickly (Thor's not running out of energy any time soon), he should have the time to figure it out. I think Winter is a much smarter fighter than Thor though and willing to go to more extremes, but I don't know if that would be quite enough to beat Thor before he starts using his hammer intelligently. Also, Winter isn't a high level energy manipulator. He takes it in, makes himself better with it and projects it back out in a dangerous way. He's no GL or anything.

Things I see going for Winter: His energy reversal thing could be very helpful if it works on Mjolnir. If Mjolnir can't take the energy back because of what he does to it, Winter can actually hurt Thor with it instead of just handing it right back. WInter knows his powers and might be able to get more power from Thor than Thor just throws at him. He's also a good fighter and if he gets himself up to Thor's level, I don't know who would win h2h. And between the two of them, Winter is more likely to just unleash and not stop, but only if this fight reaches absurd levels or if he sees Thor getting ready to put him down and has not option but to just channel the sun until it's over.