Classic Spider-Man vs Current Spider-Man

DonaldDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DonaldDuck

Spider-Man power crisis. Who is the real deal?

No Caption Provided
Classic
Classic
Current
Current

round 1) Strength contest

round 2) Endurance contest

round 3) Speed contest

round 4) Awareness contest

round 5) Intelligence

round 6) Fighting ability

round 7) Tactical and Strategical prowess

round 8) Focusing mentality

round 9) If they randomly spotted eachother in an ally, who would win in this random encounter?

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KainScion

kiddin right? current one is better in every way. he was just a teenager then. no exp

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BringnIt

@DonaldDuck:

round 1) Strength contest

Equal, although others at the time were less strong and have received upgrades whereas he has not.

round 2) Endurance contest

Better now.

round 3) Speed contest

Equal.

round 4) Awareness contest

Better then due to spider sense (although there were times when he ignored his spider sense)

round 5) Intelligence

Far better now. Not even close. Current Parker is a top mind in Marvel.

round 6) Fighting ability

Far better now due to formal training and experience. Classic Parker struggled in H2H against Kingpin and such. Current Parker manhandles people.

round 7) Tactical and Strategical prowess

Better now due to his enhanced intellect and scientific acumen. Easily takes down foes like Hydroman he has struggled against in the past.

round 8) Focusing mentality

Well, he doesn't spend his time moping over girl troubles like classic Parker did, but when it really matters I'd say about the same.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Classic.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Clazzic duuuuh he beats Thing, Colossus, Silver Surfer, Hulk, the Fantaztic Four, the X-men, Sentry, Thor.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

round 1) Strength contest- Equal.

round 2) Endurance contest-current

round 3) Speed contest-equal

round 4) Awareness contest-classic

round 5) Intelligence-current

round 6) Fighting ability-current

round 7) Tactical and Strategical prowess-current

round 8) Focusing mentality-current

round 9) If they randomly spotted eachother in an ally, who would win in this random encounter-Current, Classic has usually had trouble with MA fighters, give him a fight against a clone with the training he has now, I'd pull Current.

Avatar image for how_is_this_possible
How_Is_This_Possible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't classic Spiderman 1962-2000 right after the Ben/Peter crisis was over, the writers had to rewrite a retcon of the character. So technically, the classic Parker is older and more experience and the new Peter is not even 5 years old due to him being retconned multiple times during the time span of 2000 up until this day. I would say Classic from the 1970's to mid 1990's could out wit and out power the current Spiderman. People now are saying current Spiderman is more intelligent than the older more experience Spiderman when the old Spiderman was actually one of Reed Richard's  rivals during the time of the 60's up until the 90's? One thing is for certain, that back in the old days, Spiderman was actually far more intelligent than Tony Stark. Classic Parker was in between leagues of Reed and Doom ingenuity. Doom & Reed both acknowledged this. I will find the scans to prove this.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BringnIt

I've read the first 220 or so issues of Amazing Spider-man and the most recent 100 or so (still reading the in between, newer to comics) but the classic Parker I am familiar with was an intelligent kid who pretty much always went to Curt Connors whenever there was advanced science to be done.

slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slick23

@How_Is_This_Possible said:

Isn't classic Spiderman 1962-2000 right after the Ben/Peter crisis was over, the writers had to rewrite a retcon of the character. So technically, the classic Parker is older and more experience and the new Peter is not even 5 years old due to him being retconned multiple times during the time span of 2000 up until this day. I would say Classic from the 1970's to mid 1990's could out wit and out power the current Spiderman. People now are saying current Spiderman is more intelligent than the older more experience Spiderman when the old Spiderman was actually one of Reed Richard's rivals during the time of the 60's up until the 90's? One thing is for certain, that back in the old days, Spiderman was actually far more intelligent than Tony Stark. Classic Parker was in between leagues of Reed and Doom ingenuity. Doom & Reed both acknowledged this. I will find the scans to prove this.

I agree with you. Classic spidey was a beast lol.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spiderbuck1

Classic imo. Especially if we're talking current Spidey, sans spider sense.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tron_bonne

Classic Spiderman could easily pick up tanks. Tanks hits and absorb them easier. His webs have the strength and elastictivity to dead stop sky scrapers (high rising buildings) from falling (100,000s of tons). Classic Spider-Man had the strength & durability to once support a column of a collapsing building and this building was similar in size the World Trade Center buildings (300,000 tons). Since Classic Spider-Man's webs can support over 100,000 tons, his webs can hold down 100 toners for some period. Thing, Hulk, Thor etc. Reason Venom, Carnage and Back Tarantula are due to CIS. Venom and Carnage has a familiarity in their anatomy that desolves Spiderman's webs. Black Taratuala has some mystic 700 year inheritance of spider arachnid that also allows him to easily rip through Spiderman's web so posting up Spiderman vs Venom or Black Tarachuala is pretty much a moot counter argument. People saying current Spiderman is smarter than Classic. Does Current Spiderman rival Reed Richards or Dr. Doom?

Classic Spiderman wins.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By progenitorigin

Classic Spider-Man ftw due to obvious aforementioned reasons.
GroH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GroH

This would be a better answered after Spider-Island ends. And if "classic" Spider-man was better defined. Current Spider-Man received traing from Shang-Chi. But he would also fall off building while swinging due to spider-sense loss.

Spider-Island showed Peter Parker manhandling all other spiders when he applies his training.

With this I'd go with current Spider-Man. He loses round 4, but compensates in round 6, barely.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Matezoide2
@GroH
Could you tell me wich issue Spider-Man manhandles the others with skill alone? the event wont be released here until a year or so,and i would love to see it,since i have been waiting to see the result of Parker`s training for a long time.
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jashro44

@Matezoide said:

@GroH: Could you tell me wich issue Spider-Man manhandles the others with skill alone? the event wont be released here until a year or so,and i would love to see it,since i have been waiting to see the result of Parker`s training for a long time.

issue 669 is when we see exactly what he can fully do.

GroH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GroH

@Matezoide:

No Caption Provided

Amazing Spider-Man #669

Taking out Scorcher, Chance and White Rabbit in one panel, each with their own set of spider powers.

:

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Matezoide2
@jashro44
@GroH
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tron_bonne

If anything, current Spiderman might have better focusing mentality than 90's Classic Spiderman. 90's classic Spiderman was really tripping balls.

Avatar image for naruto__uzumaki
NARUTO__UZUMAKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current wins he smarter and has insane tech a web for any situation his base webs have a stun effect and he have a upgraded spider mobile he wins he basically where he should of been years ago ... GLOBAL

fabulousness17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did Spider-Man fight Sentry?