• 86 results
#1 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has NO Prep.

Dr Strange has 2 years of prep access to all his artifacts and can call the Vishanti to back him up.

His morals are off and is bloodlusted to kill thanos.

Can he pull it off.

Dr Strange is Sorcerer Supreme and at his most powerful and prime.

He gets to take thanos by surprise.

Who takes it.

#2 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#3 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange takes the gauntlet away

#4 Posted by MisterWhisper (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange has no chance at all.

#5 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper: >_>

with two years of prep and a surprise attack he could I dunno remove it like the other super hero did.

#6 Posted by MisterWhisper (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: Which hero would that be?

#7 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper:

#8 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: Is that Adam Warlock?

#9 Posted by MisterWhisper (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: I assume you have not actually read that series or you would know that Thanos was not wearing the gauntlet when Adam Warlock took it.

#10 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW:Yes

@MisterWhisper: It was on his hand.

#11 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos finds out what Strange is up to and unmakes him with just a thought.

Spite.

#12 Posted by MisterWhisper (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: Read the comic first, or just never reply to me again please.

Thanos took over the spot of Eternity as the embodiment of the universe, leaving his body empty. Nebula took it off the hand of an empty body. Then the Living Tribunal decreed that the gems could not work together anymore, causing Nebula to throw off the gauntlet. Then Warlock took it.

Read before you type.

#13 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper:Calm down

first I knew that I just said Warlock because he took it from nebula (lol Thanos is such a dumb ass XD)

But if Thanos was able to have the Infinity Gauntlet taken from him who's to say Strange can't do the same?

#14 Edited by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: It was then that the Cosmic forces themselves attacked. The mighty forces, each near-omnipotent on their own, were no match for the omnipotence the Infinity Gauntlet bestowed upon Thanos. Eternity and Thanos had a final epic battle where Thanos perseveres, becoming the embodiment of this universe's reality. Thanos sheds his mortal form and takes his place Eternity's replacement. Nebula seizes this opportunity to take the gauntlet from the former body of Thanos. Thanos realizes his error and joins with the remaining heroes and cosmic forces to defeat the now omnipotent Nebula. Their relentless attack on the confused Gauntlet wielder allows Adam Warlock to enter the Soul Gem, a gem he is intimately attached to. From within the Soul Gem he links with the other Infinity Gems and causes the gems to feedback on Nebula, causing her to remove it.

Adam Warlock then becomes wielder of the Gauntlet. In an attempt to be a "perfect" god, Warlock's first use of the power was to expel from his soul the Good and Evil. This was the first step to his reign as God. But before he can begin, the Living Tribunal appears and deems Warlock too unstable and therefore unfit to wield the power. He didn't appear previously because he knew that Thanos wouldn't upset the delicate balance of the universe. Without morals or vices, with his sole focus of being a god being undermined, Warlock violently reacts to the Living Tribunal's judgment. The Living Tribunal dismisses Warlock's uses of the Gauntlet and deems that they would no longer be able to function together, preventing anyone from achieving omnipotence through possession of the gems. The gems separate, and Adam Warlock forms Infinity Watch to safeguard the powerful and dangerous Infinity Gems. Thanos retreats to a life of farming to reflect on his life, death, and brush with godhood.

Quoted from Comic Vine. Don't believe me here. http://www.comicvine.com/infinity-gauntlet/39-42233/

Sorry but MisterWhisper is right.

#15 Posted by MisterWhisper (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx:

I am always calm, I am just an asshole.

He did not take it from Nebula either, it was just laying on the ground.

All Nebula did was pick it off his hand when Thanos's body was empty.

#16 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper said:

@agentxx:

It was on his hand after Thanos left his body (Yet again Thanos is such a dumb ass XD) but it shows it can be taken from the user.

#17 Posted by MisterWhisper (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: It was taken off an empty shell with no consciousness in it, not a user. Just read the comic.

#18 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@MisterWhisper said:

@agentxx:

It was on his hand after Thanos left his body (Yet again Thanos is such a dumb ass XD) but it shows it can be taken from the user.

In this scenario he doesn't, which is why Thanos stomps.

#19 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper: I know that but is there any enchantment that keep the gauntlet in place?

I mean what happens if strange tries to tk the gauntlet off or teleport it off or use super speed to take it off?

(OP said Thanos is off guard(

#20 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper:He get taken in a surprise attack almost the same sort of scenario.

#21 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper:He get taken in a surprise attack almost the same sort of scenario.

And the moment he realizes he's threatened, he unmakes Strange right then and there.

Case in point.

#22 Posted by MisterWhisper (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: I am now firmly under the belief that you are here for no other than to intentionally be wrong and annoy people. You are now summarily considered unimportant to any conversation I will ever have. Please never reply to me again, or even both to have an opinion in any thread I create. Thank you.

#23 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper:@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper: So there isn't anything that stops Strange from removing the gauntlet before he could react

I guess strange wins unless you can prove some sort of counter measure the gauntlet has from being removed.

#24 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@MisterWhisper:@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper: So there isn't anything that stops Strange from removing the gauntlet before he could react

I guess strange wins unless you can prove some sort of counter measure the gauntlet has from being removed.

Mephisto tried that with Thanos once.

Guess what happened after.

#25 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#26 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper said:

@agentxx said:

Mephisto tried that with Thanos once.

Guess what happened after.

Post the full scans, I want to see everything :P

#27 Edited by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx:

Order goes from right to left.

#28 Posted by ShootingNova (19096 posts) - - Show Bio

The Living Tribunal nullifies the IG again and then Thanos doesn't have it anymore......

#29 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx:

after powering down

#30 Posted by Owie (3966 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.  Strange has never commanded the level of power that has been wielded against Thanos with the IG.

#31 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio

What can strange do against thanos in this fight to make this thread worth debatable? Cuz I am under the belief that thanos stomps a mudhole in the doc's face easily regardless of how much prep he have.

#32 Posted by heymanjack (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. Remember that Thanos was only using a fraction of the gauntlets power because he wanted those to oppose him have a slight chance of winning.

#33 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps @ShootingNova said:

The Living Tribunal nullifies the IG again and then Thanos doesn't have it anymore......

This is Classic Strange(w/ all his artifacts + 2 years of prep + ability to summon Vishanti) VS Thanos w/ IG . Not LT VS Thanos w IG . But let us entertain your bold assertion that Strnage is somehow going to summon(even though the OP only limits his back-up to the Vishanti) the LT to fight his fight for him .

Prove that Strange would get the LT to do that . Because the last time beings much higher than Strange requested LT to take on Thanos w/ IG , LT flatly refused .

I await your response .

#34 Edited by ShootingNova (19096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God: I love how stiff you're getting over a joke.....

LT has other problems to deal with. I highly doubt Strange could even call to the LT.

#35 Posted by RingSlinger (533 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the way the OP just kept denying plain and easy to understand logic over and over. Thanos.

#36 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Hyper_God: I love how stiff you're getting over a joke.....

I can easily recognize a joke when I see one . With all the Strange fanboyism("Oh he stalemated Adam Warlock w/ IG!!!!1!!11") rampant on this site , anybody in my place would presume that your statement wasn't a joke .

Anyways , the point that I was trying to make is : Strange lacks the power , and awareness of Thanos to be of any significant threat to him . This isn't close , not by a long shot . Thanos utterly dominates Strange in this thread .

#37 Posted by ShootingNova (19096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God: Okay, to say it's an ordinary joke would not be correct. And I'm impartial in debates.

But it doesn't really matter.

The IG is beyond Classic Strange's power. Truly and utterly. Thanos blinkstomps, end of story.

#38 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper said:

@agentxx: It was taken off an empty shell with no consciousness in it, not a user. Just read the comic.

Ok then explain what happened against Spiderman?

#39 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Hyper_God: Okay, to say it's an ordinary joke would not be correct. And I'm impartial in debates.

The IG is beyond Classic Strange's power. Truly and utterly. Thanos blinkstomps, end of story.

Seeing how IG has been nerfed out to the point Thanos with IG gets beaten by a b-rate avengers, Reed with IG in an alternate reality gets beaten by few earth heroes, Lockjaw and pet avengers start wielding and protecting IG, man i honestly lost my faith on IG a long time ago.

#40 Posted by ShootingNova (19096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Alternate reality as in non-canon?

#41 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Yes but Hickman has already retconned Infinity Gauntlet to being a mere universal artifact, as compared to how powerful it used to be. And from the example i gave, one of which was reed from Fantastic four 600(or something there about), are rest from 616 earth, not sure if that really counts as cannon though because Thanos Source book has no mentioned of Avengers and The Infinity Gauntlet Saga, or Lockjaw and The Pet Avengers Saga.

Also might i add, in a non-cannon issue, we say Hulk KO Champion with power gem. There is clear indication that IG has been nerfed out, something even Hyper_God is well away of if you point it out to him, we had a discussion about Phoenix Force vs IG where we both at the end agreed the orginal IG would be much more powerful than Phoenix Force, while this Hickman reboot version would probably struggle.

At any rate, a universal artifact should pale in comparision with Dormammu, who Strange has pretty much always beaten (*cought plot cough*), pardon my cold :p, with lot less than 2 years prep.

I am all for strange in this particular battle.

#42 Posted by ShootingNova (19096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: I don't know why you would be bringing in non-canon stuff......

#43 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Killemall: I don't know why you would be bringing in non-canon stuff......

Ok thats because Hickman, on panel, has retconned IG. The only way we know how powerful IG actually is, would be , by seeing what has happened in the alternate realities (after all that lead to the whole Galactus vs Celestials in a cannon reality) and other appearences of IG. The problem here is, we know its been nerfed out, there is no argument otherwise, we just dont know by how much. How else would you put a power level on IG?

#44 Posted by MisterWhisper (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Was that fan made or something? The artwork was horrible.

#45 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper said:

@Killemall: Was that fan made or something? The artwork was horrible.

Not really, i think this started from 2007. Marvel had a project where they were taking classic stories and redoing them in short, other stories would be Captain America and Korvac Saga, that i know of.

Its actually written by a Brian Clevinger, who's a popular Marvel writer has written few issues such in Fear Itself story arc that i know of, also he was the one who wrote Spiderman: Ends of the Earth which while filled with few PIS was a pretty good read. He's written few Captain America issues here and there and few Hulk issues that i know of.

#46 Edited by InfiniteMassPunch (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming that Thano's actually wants to win then he stomps. The only reason that infinity gauntlet was taken off of him is because he subconsciously allowed it. This is explained by Adam Warlock. Also as powerful as Classic Strange was he was not more powerful than all of the abstracts combine, which Thano's was as he defeated them all at once while he had the Infinity Gauntlet! Not counting LT and TOOA.

#47 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

IG thanos is multiversal he stomps.

#48 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

If the spell "Images of Ikonn" could effect Galactus, why wouldnt it work on Thanos regardless of him having the IG..

That spell works on a mental level leaving the person to just focus on his past deeds, so even if it didnt K.O him like it Galactus it would at the very least leave him very confused allowing Strange to conjure up another spell.

#49 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@ShootingNova said:

Seeing how IG has been nerfed out to the point Thanos with IG gets beaten by a b-rate avengers, Reed with IG in an alternate reality gets beaten by few earth heroes, Lockjaw and pet avengers start wielding and protecting IG, man i honestly lost my faith on IG a long time ago.

Alternate universe IGs have always been weaker than the real deal . GO and read the arc in which Impossible Man wielded one and he was afraid of what Eternity would do to him once he found out .

You're talking about one of the Council of Reeds aren't you ? When did Reed w/ the IG get beaten by heroes in his native universe ?

#50 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@ShootingNova said:

Yes but Hickman has already retconned Infinity Gauntlet to being a mere universal artifact, as compared to how powerful it used to be. And from the example i gave, one of which was reed from Fantastic four 600(or something there about), are rest from 616 earth, not sure if that really counts as cannon though because Thanos Source book has no mentioned of Avengers and The Infinity Gauntlet Saga, or Lockjaw and The Pet Avengers Saga.

Also might i add, in a non-cannon issue, we say Hulk KO Champion with power gem. There is clear indication that IG has been nerfed out, something even Hyper_God is well away of if you point it out to him, we had a discussion about Phoenix Force vs IG where we both at the end agreed the orginal IG would be much more powerful than Phoenix Force, while this Hickman reboot version would probably struggle.

At any rate, a universal artifact should pale in comparision with Dormammu, who Strange has pretty much always beaten (*cought plot cough*), pardon my cold :p, with lot less than 2 years prep.

I am all for strange in this particular battle.

Again those were all alternate reality IGs . Hickman hasn't retconned sh!t .His stories never involved the 616-IG . Fantasticc Four 600 never involved the IG(or any of its counterparts) in the either the War of The 4 Cities or the upcoming battle with the Celestials .

I have never conceded any such thing . Stop putting words in my mouth . And don't use the Phoenix Force in the same sentence as the IG . If you think the IG has been nerfed , then the Phoenix Force's reputation(which wasn't all that grand anyways) has been butchered and put on a stake , parraded throughout the comic landscape . AVX is perfect proof of that .

Wrong . As the Ultraverse arc showed us , the IG at the very minimum a multiversal artifact, and going by the "Actuality Ripple" scan I posted a while back , the range of its power possiblly pushes the omniversal limit .

Anyways, even if we do take this ridiculous assertion that the 616-IG's jurisdiction is limited only to its native universe at face value, then the idea that its power is somehow weaker in that universe , is a flawed premise . A Supreme Being holds dominion over their own reality/creation . If they are unable to function within another reality(not of their creation) , then that doesn't mean that their power isn't absolute within their own creation .