Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GreenLantern555

If people bring up the fact that Superman has a "weakness" to magic I swear...

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By reactor
@GreenLantern555 said:
" If people bring up the fact that Superman has a "weakness" to magic I swear... "
Just wait... just wait...
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Reactor: Oh, I know it will happen...that's the sad part.
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By tensor

this is a good battle but how is strange going to hurt him with magic

Omegaman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Omegaman10

superman is weak against magic soo he gets megaultrasuperstomped here...
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By reactor

Anyone got the scan with SBP saying how Black Adam's magically empowered strength tickled?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ssejllenrad
@GreenLantern555 said:
" If people bring up the fact that Superman has a "weakness" to magic I swear... "
@Omegaman10 said:
" superman is weak against magic soo he gets megaultrasuperstomped here... "
Ahahahaha!
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tensor
@Omegaman10:  not superman prime even the mordu magic had no effect an black adam when he blast him did have no effect so how does magic hurt him do  u have a scan or proof of this
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Omegaman10 said:
Omg...................................................................................................... 

@Reactor: SEE?! ^^^^^^^
Avatar image for the_son_of_tomorrow
The Son of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While we're on the topic of weaknesses, here is a little known, but nonetheless true fact: Dr. Strange is susceptible to punches delivered by someone who can move planets.

EDIT: However, I will back Strange for the win.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silver2467

Classic Strange for the win. He has traveled faster than light, which could potentially nullify the blitzing option for Prime, and he has defeated cosmic entities before. Prime cannot defeat him. Strange wins. 

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Thor's hammmer

strange is more powerful in overall terms of power but prime still punches through him in 0.00000001 seconds
Omegaman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Omegaman10
@Reactor:
i remember reading that but classic strange's magic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>black adams magic 
i just dont know how resistant to magic SMP is though 

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Silver2467 said:
" Classic Strange for the win. He has traveled faster than light, which could potentially nullify the blitzing option for Prime, and he has defeated cosmic entities before. Prime cannot defeat him. Strange wins.  "
For the record, I never said who would win, I just hate it when people say "Superman is weak to magic he automatically loses." ;-)
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheBatman586

Dr. Strange doesn't necessarily have to use offensive magic, he could simply send SMP to the Negative Zone or something like that.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Reactor said:
" Anyone got the scan with SBP saying how Black Adam's magically empowered strength tickled? "

Here you go!
No Caption Provided
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Silver2467
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" Classic Strange for the win. He has traveled faster than light, which could potentially nullify the blitzing option for Prime, and he has defeated cosmic entities before. Prime cannot defeat him. Strange wins.  "
For the record, I never said who would win, I just hate it when people say "Superman is weak to magic he automatically loses." ;-) "
I understand, and I agree. It gets old. 
Omegaman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Omegaman10
@Thor's hammmer:
but can he get through stranges shields....apparently (correct me if im wrong) I read somewhere here that strange's shields held up against an energy attack from Galactus.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@ssejllenrad said:
" @Reactor said:
" Anyone got the scan with SBP saying how Black Adam's magically empowered strength tickled? "

Here you go!

"

wasn't superman prime sun amped by his armor?
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By reactor

I honestly don't know what Classic Strange could do to kill, let alone stop, Superman Prime. The guy survived Monarch's explosion, an explosion that took out the entire universe. What can Strange do to match that kind of destructive power.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Omegaman10 said:
Superman isn't weak against magic; it affects him the same as anyone else with no magical protection. This is like saying Batman is weak against magic. It's not that he's weak against it, it's that he doesn't have any specific resistance to it.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Thor's hammmer said:
" wasn't superman prime sun amped by his armor? "
Yup! But this is the weaker version compared to what was stated in the OP...
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Omegaman10 said:
Superman isn't weak against magic; it affects him the same as anyone else with no magical protection. This is like saying Batman is weak against magic. It's not that he's weak against it, it's that he doesn't have any specific resistance to it. "
You are a smart smart man Ferro. I can't tell you how many times I have typed those exact words.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Omegaman10 said:
Superman isn't weak against magic; it affects him the same as anyone else with no magical protection. This is like saying Batman is weak against magic. It's not that he's weak against it, it's that he doesn't have any specific resistance to it. "
EDIT: Superman has resisted being magically transformed in the past, so he does have greater resistance then the average person.
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By reactor
@ssejllenrad said:
" @Thor's hammmer said:
Yup! But this is the weaker version compared to what was stated in the OP... "
SBP wasn't amped up by the suit, it just gave him the power he needed until the sun came up. If you read TotSC, it shows SBP weakening when his suit gets destroyed (lack of sunlight to compensate) and then returning back to his insane power levels once the sun rises.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ferro Vida
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Omegaman10 said:
You are a smart smart man Ferro. I can't tell you how many times I have typed those exact words. "
That's pretty impressive, because I've lost track of how many times I've had to explain it to someone -__-' Thanks all the same lol.
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tensor
@Ferro Vida: you tell them ferro
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@ssejllenrad: 

yeah I know that I was just trying to get my facts straight
The Son of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Strange can win via some form of BFR, and I don't think Prime will be able to blitz Strange successfully.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ssejllenrad
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Omegaman10 said:
You are a smart smart man Ferro. I can't tell you how many times I have typed those exact words. "
Guys chill. I think Omegaman10's just kidding. But your arguments still remain intact, logical and precise!
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silver2467
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Ferro Vida said: 
EDIT: Superman has resisted being magically transformed in the past, so he does have greater resistance then the average person. "
Thank you! I am actually supporting Strange for the win in this, but I am also growing tired of responding to the magic argument. 
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By reactor
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Omegaman10 said:
It probably comes with the misconception that Superman is still overpowered like his Silver Age counterpart, and everybody thinks he's invulnerable to everything. So when a susceptibility besides Kryptonite, like magic or psionics comes around, everyone thinks it's a weak point when it's just the simple fact that it affects him like everyone else.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Reactor said:
" @ssejllenrad said:
" @Thor's hammmer said:
Yup! But this is the weaker version compared to what was stated in the OP... "
SBP wasn't amped up by the suit, it just gave him the power he needed until the sun came up. If you read TotSC, it shows SBP weakening when his suit gets destroyed (lack of sunlight to compensate) and then returning back to his insane power levels once the sun rises. "
Oh yeah. I stand corrected. Not sun-amped. Sun-fed is the more accurate term.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GreenLantern555
@ssejllenrad: Annoying just the same..
The Son of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FYI - Superman was given a "gift" by the Phantom Stranger, which helps shield him from magical attacks.

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GreenLantern555
@The Son of Tomorrow said:
" FYI - Superman was given a "gift" by the Phantom Stranger, which helps shield him from magical attacks. "
But it's just as useful to him than it would be for you. He doesn't need it. It just makes him more invulnerable.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ferro Vida
" Dr. Strange can win via some form of BFR, and I don't think Prime will be able to blitz Strange successfully.
"
We still don't know exactly how fast he was traveling there, or how far he traveled in that short amount of time. It says in the first scan that time was standing still, but that's relative to the speed of the people around him.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Reactor said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Omegaman10 said:
It probably comes with the misconception that Superman is still overpowered like his Silver Age counterpart, and everybody thinks he's invulnerable to everything. So when a susceptibility besides Kryptonite, like magic or psionics comes around, everyone thinks it's a weak point when it's just the simple fact that it affects him like everyone else. "
It's annoying, but there's a good chance that's the reason for many people.
The Son of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ferro Vida said:

We still don't know exactly how fast he was traveling there, or how far he traveled in that short amount of time. It says in the first scan that time was standing still, but that's relative to the speed of the people around him. "

He was chasing a spell of death across the infinite void with the "speed of thought." I'm not sure how to interpret that though [I don't think they mean he's traveling at the same speed of electrical impulses, which is about 250 mph].

I'll try to find some other feats of speed for Strange I guess.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ferro Vida
" @Ferro Vida said:

We still don't know exactly how fast he was traveling there, or how far he traveled in that short amount of time. It says in the first scan that time was standing still, but that's relative to the speed of the people around him. "

He was chasing a spell of death across the infinite void with the "speed of thought." I'm not sure how to interpret that though [I don't think they mean he's traveling at the same speed of electrical impulses, which is about 250 mph].  I'll try to find some other feats of speed for Strange I guess. "
Don't get me wrong, those are impressive as Hell. I had no idea Strange was that fast. But I don't see how it makes him faster then Prime.
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By reactor
" @Ferro Vida said:

He was chasing a spell of death across the infinite void with the "speed of thought." I'm not sure how to interpret that though [I don't think they mean he's traveling at the same speed of electrical impulses, which is about 250 mph].  I'll try to find some other feats of speed for Strange I guess. "

Speed of Thought is around 300 to 700 milliseconds I think, but it can vary wildly from person to person, depending on their reaction and how fast they can calculate stuff like that.
The Son of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ferro Vida said:
Don't get me wrong, those are impressive as Hell. I had no idea Strange was that fast. But I don't see how it makes him faster then Prime. "
I'm not saying he's faster than Prime, I'm just not sure how well blitzing will work.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Reactor said:
" @The Son of Tomorrow said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

Speed of Thought is around 300 to 700 milliseconds I think, but it can vary wildly from person to person, depending on their reaction and how fast they can calculate stuff like that. "
Yes, but it is nowhere near FTL and the speed of sound is faster than thought. Thought is the slowest of the three.
Omegaman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Omegaman10
@tensor:
@GreenLantern555:
@Ferro Vida:

lol it was all jokes...i guess u cant really be sarcastic on the internet. 
im actually sorta annoyed by superman haters who assume that since he might be invulnerable to magic it automatically means superman loses  
didnt think anyone would take me seriously lol 

@ssejllenrad:  

thanks for having my back bud  atleast one person could tell i was kidding lol

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ferro Vida
" @Ferro Vida said:
Don't get me wrong, those are impressive as Hell. I had no idea Strange was that fast. But I don't see how it makes him faster then Prime. "
I'm not saying he's faster than Prime, I'm just not sure how well blitzing will work. "
Well, I think Prime should still be fast enough that he can blitz Strange if he so desires. Besides, didn't Strange need to recite incantations to use his magic?

@Omegaman10:
Gotcha, lol. Didn't mean to jump down your throat.
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By reactor
@GreenLantern555 said:

" @Reactor said:

" @The Son of Tomorrow said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

Speed of Thought is around 300 to 700 milliseconds I think, but it can vary wildly from person to person, depending on their reaction and how fast they can calculate stuff like that. "
Yes, but it is nowhere near FTL and the speed of sound is faster than thought. Thought is the slowest of the three. "
Oh, yeah. Don't get me wrong, I well know. This came up a long time ago with the Flash in some thread. Speed of Thought is fast, but is slower than sound, and especially light.
@Omegaman10 said:

" @tensor:
@GreenLantern555:
@Ferro Vida:

lol it was all jokes...i guess u cant really be sarcastic on the internet. 
im actually sorta annoyed by superman haters who assume that since he might be invulnerable to magic it automatically means superman loses  
didnt think anyone would take me seriously lol 

@ssejllenrad:  

thanks for having my back bud  atleast one person could tell i was kidding lol    "

In all seriousness, I think everyone knew you were joking. How they respond to said humor, however, is a different story.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Reactor: I didn't honestly know he was joking. I've seen the same-such crazy claims made numerous times.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Reactor: Yeah, I was in that debate. ;-) 

@Omegaman10: Sorry brada. It's just a touchy situation. ;-)
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ssejllenrad

How the hell do people measure the speed of thought with respect to distance?