Classic Dr. Strange vs. Sentry

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By Silver2467

Classic Strange slaughterstomp. This is not even close. Current Strange could defeat Sentry. Classic, cosmic entity-fighting Strange would blink him out of existence. 

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheJuggernautpunch said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Sentry, if he blitzes at the best of his ability. Otherwise, Strange, every time. "
What ? Strange has autoshields, Sentry has no chance at all. Classic Stephen destroys him in seconds. "
Agree.
Also, current won't have a chance with Sentry.
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#303  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Tie.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#304  Edited By Thor's hammmer

classic strange effortlessly
The Mango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By The Mango

Classic wins easily, one of the most powerful mortal beings in Marvel.

Current is pathetic and would go down instantly.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#306  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sentry.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By MzombieX
@Final Arrow said:

"I have to say classic Strange, I know sentry has one punched him, but yet again this just falls in the whole bad writting of Dr Strange. Marvel need to get a handle on what they want to do with their characters and stick with it, One moment Dr Strange is owning a god of a hell dimenson and next he gets one punched! "

Well said
I'd have to agree and say if you were to diregard an example of plot in writing, and simply set up a battle we're discussing now ... with both characters entering this battle for a fight to the end. 
Strange could take this judging by the skills he has available.
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By karrob
@capall said:
" @High Revolutionary said:
"A well versed classic Strange mutliates him. "
yup "
2nd that yup
RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sentry stomps with ease.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

strange

notaidiotidoit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentofchaos1: Classic doctor strange literally destroyed a dimension

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Strange in a relatively good fight

KevinConnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange, one shot

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. strange

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Strange mortally murders him to death. Fatally.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange one shots.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange blinks

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange blinks

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a shame that Realitywarper's still active on KMC. They should ban him to prevent that mo****fu*k*r from ruining every Sentry thread.

OT: Strange wins.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange one shots.

nihalsamavedam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange

Sentry gets confused

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no "Classic" Strange. That aside, Strange one shots. Make it death seed sentry and he still one shots

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange fodderizes him.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Strange blinks.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no "Classic" Strange. That aside, Strange one shots. Make it death seed sentry and he still one shots

People often say that, but Strange was canonically nerfed as time went on. Which lead to the saying "Classic Strange".

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 takenstew22  Moderator

Classic Strange is SA Superman levels of ridiculous. He godstomps.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: A characters power level have nothing to do with continuity. He never had a reboot or a ret con. Writers like Brevort have already addressed this and said that there is no difference between Modern Strange and Classic Strange, they're the same character.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@king-ragnar: In this case it does. Classic Strange refers to how Strange was back in the day. Hence the name “Classic” Strange.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59ee082aecf
deactivated-5d59ee082aecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current loses classic wins

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By jrupert1

@y3kthunder said:

Current loses classic wins

Current Strange is taking on a mystically amped Galactus (that fodderized a mystical entity that was stated able to hold their own against the Living Tribunal). Strange was able to bind Galactus and banish him (to which Galactus was said to be exerting great effort in trying to escape). He did have a little help with holding the binding spell around Galactus because Galactus caused him to lose concentration when Strange was trying to do both spells at once. It's also implied that Galactus and Dormammu will merge somehow and Strange will have to face him (unknown how at this time).

Previously it took the sorcerer Zoloz being amped by his race and then Zoloz draining the magic from Strange's artifacts to beat Strange in less of a stomp than what base Zoloz did to the Silver Surfer. Even still, Strange's biggest problem (as stated himself) was he took Zoloz too lightly at the beginning.

A lot has happened since the bad days of what was then "current Strange."

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Strange lolstomps.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

In this case it does

No it doesn't, unless you somehow have more knowledge on the character than a writer who actually wrote volumes for the latter character?

Classic Strange refers to how Strange was back in the day. Hence the name “Classic” Strange

That makes zero sense. Going by that logic why don't we starting calling Thor, "Classic Thor" , why don't we call Daredevil "Classic Daredevil"? We don't because there is no such thing as "Classic" characters. It's a fabricated term that has zero truth to it and has already been proven to be false by writers who worked on Strange.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 takenstew22  Moderator

Going by that logic why don't we starting calling Thor, "Classic Thor"

People actually do name him that sometimes. Some people just think some characters had better feats in the old days.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By jrupert1

@andromeda101 said:

@jrupert1: Hmmm...I wonder why Strange can't simply BFR any opponents now. Like, if Galactus while mystically-amped was exerting great force and couldn't break free from the dimension Strange sent him, why would Sentry? Or even any being around the World Devourer's level, for that matter?

You already know this. ;)

It's really always been that way, any opponent that doesn't have direct counters to it and enough power/skill to then resist can't really do anything against it. Most of the time when he banishes someone even if they're mystical themselves and can freely move across dimensions it takes time, energy and in some cases being rescued by another. Especially depending on how serious he is about ridding himself of them varying how and where he sends them. Like whether there's tentacles pulling them in up to and including the king of tentacles Shuma-Gorath (still probably the best moment under Aaron's series).

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-ragnar: OK, but there is no actual reason beyond it sounding a bit dumb to be honest. Also, I can find and show you the specific stories where Strange got nerfed. But yeah, Classic Thor is a thing. Just like Classic Thanos. It’s basically the same as calling old Beyonder Pre-retcon Beyonder because of the nature of the nerf. So yes, Classic Strange is a valid term.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By jrupert1

@mister_surreal said:

@king-ragnar: OK, but there is no actual reason beyond it sounding a bit dumb to be honest. Also, 1) I can find and show you the specific stories where Strange got nerfed. But yeah, Classic Thor is a thing. Just like Classic Thanos. It’s basically the 2)same as calling old Beyonder Pre-retcon Beyonder because of the nature of the nerf. So yes, Classic Strange is a valid term.

No Caption Provided

1) One of my favorite examples. Something so far within his ability to do that it would barely register as a feat for him, but he can't. No reason, he's not depowered, he just can't. He apparently couldn't even fly out of that, not only with magic but even with the cloak of levitation because "it doesn't work that way."

2) Well with Strange there was no retcon, for Beyonder there legitimately was, the character was changed. For Strange he just had a series of bad writers. He didn't have a series, most writers didn't know or care, they just used him, often as simply a supporting character in stories that didn't fit the character or demand his abilities... to which they still couldn't have him outshine. Pus there were also a series of legitimate depowerings, which does give a plot reason for underperformance.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@jrupert1:

1) I’ll just show you the story.

2) It’s jus a term. The point is that classic versions of characters often hold different power levels than what is consistently shown.

I’m surprised by the fact that people are this stubborn.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrupert1:

1) I’ll just show you the story.

2) It’s jus a term. The point is that classic versions of characters often hold different power levels than what is consistently shown.

I’m surprised by the fact that people are this stubborn.

1) What do you mean, I was giving an example of what you said for you. I know full well of the story I posted that picture from... it's awful.

2) I was just pointing out how it's not the same for Strange as it is with Beyonder. It's exactly how I said it was, those are the reasons. Don't get me wrong I know there has been a difference in how him and his abilities were written before and how they became written. But to completely seperated the classic era with the modern one is dangerous territory. Even in those days he's had fluctuations, and in the modern era he has had several great feats.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

OK, but there is no actual reason beyond it sounding a bit dumb to be honest.

It is blatantly and laughably dumb.

Also, I can find and show you the specific stories where Strange got nerfed.

You do realize being nerfed has nothing to do with a Characters continuity, right? He was depowered through the entire event of Fear Itself, does that mean he became a different person? No.

But yeah, Classic Thor is a thing. Just like Classic Thanos.

No Caption Provided

It’s basically the same as calling old Beyonder Pre-retcon Beyonder because of the nature of the nerf.

There is so much wrong with this sentence..... i can't begin to......

Firstly, you do realize that Beyonder was actually retconned? As in they changed some elements to the character and removed/added others? Strange was NEVER retconned, EVER. His character never received any changes to his backstory or history. The fact that he didn't good showings and was nerfed has NOTHING to do with his continuity.

So yes, Classic Strange is a valid term.

Yeah, I'm done addressing the illogical arguments you're saying. I'll just post this and leave.

No Caption Provided

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@jrupert1: I see, but he has actually gotten nerfs stacked on top of each other due to him losing the tittle numerous times. Anyway, my point is that the reason why we use such names like “classic” is because they help differentiate between various levels of power. In the case of Beyonder, he got weaker due to retconning. In the case of Dr. Strange, he’s just called “Classic” Strange because it refers to him before all of the nerfs that he got over the years. See what I mean?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@king-ragnar:

No Caption Provided

*Sigh* Yes, I understand that Pre-retcon Beyonder was actually retconned, unlike Strange. I’m not the moron that you imply that I am. It’s called making a comparison.

Strange has in canon gotten weaker due to actual loss of power like losing the tittle of Sorcerer Supreme repeatedly (like in WW Hulk). Almost every person knows that Strange was more powerful in his original stories before he got nerfed so many times. Which is why the term classic is used. Again, I’m just comparing the reason why we have these terms.

So writers not having the real explanations (as usual) for why comic books are the way they are is not a case closed scenario believe it or not. You don’t have to respond, I’m not exactly keen on interacting with you either way. And I would try not to get worked up over fictional characters.

Next time, ask people to clarify instead of acting like a jerk.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@king-ragnar: If classic is just used to say old, then why is there no Classic Spider-Man or Classic Superman?

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Mismatch.