Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

Classic Strange wins. Very easily I might add.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#52  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@CorbinLowrie said:

Classic Strange.. For the very reason stated. I would have said those same ones but luckily I read all the comments first, saving me all that typing. Auto Shields + Time Manipulation = Doctor Strange being the victor.

To answer your question about the difference between Classic Strange and Current Strange: Classic Strange had the Eye of Agamotto which let him call upon the powers of MANY different gods giving him pretty much an endless supply of spells with incredible amounts of power behind them. His spells were much stronger than magic most characters use. And his knowledge of when to use and what spells to use is much superior than any comparative spell user.

Current strange does not have the Eye of Agamotto. He gave it up to Brother Voodoo after a long search for a new Sorcerer Supreme. Brother Voodoo inherited the name Doctor Voodoo after becoming the new Sorcerer Supreme. Doctor Voodoo eventually sacrificed himself in an explosion to destroy the Eye of Agamotto when it started becoming corrupt. Once Doctor Strange no longer had the Eye of Agamotto, he became a much less efficient magician, though he still saved Doctor Voodoo's life after he gave up the Eye. Doctor Voodoo was not as strong as Doctor Strange was when he possessed the Eye.

You're saying Strange wins for the reasons stated already, but clearly the reasons were insufficient to sway me. You're saying autoshields will protect him long enough to do something else, but the evidence provided (I glanced over the thread to refresh myself) didn't really demonstrate that. Examples of his autoshields on the last page clearly show that while they offer some protection, they do not completely block attacks and the excess often stuns him. And none of those are even examples of Strange being hit by the force Majestic could deliver with some lightspeed punches. Until there's evidence to suggest that his autoshields can withstand the amount of damage Majestic can deliver without leaving him stunned, I don't really see a reason to change my position. The evidence of Strange's autoshields from what has been posted only shows him getting hurt by far less than what he'd face here despite the shields being up.

Your explanation of the difference in Strange versions is lacking. People were making the distinction before he gave up the Eye

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange wins with absolute ease. This thread should be locked for spite.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By YoungJustice

Not locked yet?

CorbinLowrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CorbinLowrie

This is my response to a Who is Stronger: Super Man VS Mr. Majestic forum. For the sake of showing my respect for Mr. Majestic.

"It says the upper limits of his[Mr. Majestic] strength are unknown (which alone makes the answer to this post near impossible). Also, he has rearranged our entire solar system by moving planets and a star. That is just ridiculous. He flew from one side of the universe to the other(93 billion light years in distance! I just looked that up) in only 3 months which means he can fly at 155,000,000,000.01 miles per second (Just did the math and triple checked it) which is 517.02435 times the speed of light, without getting tired or needing anything to eat or drink. I highly doubt the writers for DC thought of this math when they wrote the story of him doing this. Other heroes and villains have said it appears as if he teleports because he flies so fast. With this being said, I think his incredible speed should somehow reflect his strength and if not, the fact that he didn't get tired during that endeavor should prove that he has certainly more stamina than Superman which I believe counts for more than strength. And though, I know the question is: "Who is Stronger", the fact that DC's site says, Mr. Majestic's upper limit to his strength is unknown, I feel that those extra facts are just "Now Ya Know" details which I find pretty interesting considering I have never done the math for that until now. Technically this answer will never be known until DC makes a statement about it and since the characters are fictional, their strengths can not really be defined unless stated directly from the writers. I hope this at least makes this forum worth the look even if no conclusion can come of it because the title itself will, I'm sure, get many looks. And I will end it with this, in my last comment, I said, " Mr. Majestic. He is better than Superman in every way." I take this back now because I can honestly say, I don't know enough about the two characters to know if that is entirely true. Sorry for making that statement due to my lack of knowledge."

Now I will say this, if Doctor Strange first recognizes Mr. Majestic and Black Adam as a threat before they notice him as a threat, he can (not sure if he would know that it is necessary right away) freeze time at that very instant and act from there, which I am sure will have a cleaver ending on Strange's part. If they notice him first and act with their speed attacks before he realizes they are a threat, then yes, I do believe Mr. Majestic can penetrate Strange's auto shields and if not, his speed alone will make it easy for him to repeatedly continue to attack at speeds imaginable to us over and over for as long as he wants without getting tired. If by a miracle, Strange doesn't die right away, he could teleport and at that very instance, freeze time and win from there. It is really all about who attacks first and that is based on who recognizes the other as an enemy first. Both sides are very more than capable of victory. Doctor Strange and Mr. Majestic are both in my top five favorite Heroes so I really would like to see either one win. Considering the fact that teleporting is faster than even 517 times the speed of light, I give the upper hand to Dr. Strange from a speed stand point. It is just crucial or Strange to not get touched in the fight or he is done for. Time travel is his biggest friend in an instance like this. Along with the first move. And honestly, I am not sure if he would be able to think fast enough to get the first move. But what a weird situation it would be for the three of them to just see each other and instantly start fighting lol.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Baldy

@Buckshot: You should immediately disregard any scans involving Strange fighting Shuma-Gorath. That isn't Classic Strange, it's a powered up combination of Classic Strange and the chaos lord Arioch. As such those scans are completely irrelevant.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@CorbinLowrie said:

Now I will say this, if Doctor Strange first recognizes Mr. Majestic and Black Adam as a threat before they notice him as a threat, he can (not sure if he would know that it is necessary right away) freeze time at that very instant and act from there, which I am sure will have a cleaver ending on Strange's part. If they notice him first and act with their speed attacks before he realizes they are a threat, then yes, I do believe Mr. Majestic can penetrate Strange's auto shields and if not, his speed alone will make it easy for him to repeatedly continue to attack at speeds imaginable to us over and over for as long as he wants without getting tired. If by a miracle, Strange doesn't die right away, he could teleport and at that very instance, freeze time and win from there. It is really all about who attacks first and that is based on who recognizes the other as an enemy first. Both sides are very more than capable of victory. Doctor Strange and Mr. Majestic are both in my top five favorite Heroes so I really would like to see either one win. Considering the fact that teleporting is faster than even 517 times the speed of light, I give the upper hand to Dr. Strange from a speed stand point. It is just crucial or Strange to not get touched in the fight or he is done for. Time travel is his biggest friend in an instance like this. Along with the first move. And honestly, I am not sure if he would be able to think fast enough to get the first move. But what a weird situation it would be for the three of them to just see each other and instantly start fighting lol.

I have no clue what the first part of your post was for so I'm skipping it, and your second paragraph basically boils down to "whoever is faster, wins". And that means that the powerhouses win. They have superhuman speed, not only in traveling but also in perceiving and operating. Majestic is able to process at astounding speeds. He's shown nanosecond reactions, the ability to research, design, and invent entirely new technologies in seconds, and not only view but manipulate information flowing as light at billions of units per second. He would take in Strange, identify him as a threat, and move to kill him before Strange even knew he was there. He could move faster than the light that Strange would need to even begin to perceive him, let alone how long it would take him to react once the information flows through his brain. And to say that teleporting is necessarily faster than Majestic could travel (assuming Strange even lived long enough to try) is something that needs to be backed up. It seems instantaneous but to someone who can process at the speeds Majestic can, it could still be plenty of time.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Classic Strange Destoyes, not even close.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@They Killed Cap! said:

Classic Strange Destoyes, not even close.

Oh, well when you put it like that it makes so much sense! I concede.

CorbinLowrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CorbinLowrie

So you are saying that if you were a writer for a comic book company and your boss told you to write two comics, one with Mr. Magestic and Black Adam winning, and the other, Doctor Strange winning, you would risk getting fired by telling your boss you don't have the imagination enough to think of a way for Doctor Strange to possibly be able to win?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Floopay

@Buckshot:

On the one hand I agree with you, but on the other I want to disagree.

If they start the encounter fighting, then Majestic and Adam should win this via speed blitz.

If the two meet (meaning both see each other) and then go into fighting, then Strange takes this. Mainly because in this scenario Strange can erect shields capable of stopping blasts from Galactus, which should be more than enough to give him some space to deal with Adam and Majestros.

So, that's my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@CorbinLowrie said:

So you are saying that if you were a writer for a comic book company and your boss told you to write two comics, one with Mr. Magestic and Black Adam winning, and the other, Doctor Strange winning, you would risk getting fired by telling your boss you don't have the imagination enough to think of a way for Doctor Strange to possibly be able to win?

That's simply not the situation we're in. Of course I could likely manufacture wins for anyone, but that's not the point. The point is who, given their histories and the stipulations of the fight, is more likely to win. We're basing the outcome on what has been established about these characters, not what a writer could make up to suit their needs. It is fun to be imaginative and creative to see what characters might do what for different outcomes, but you must do so within the limits imposed. Those being primarily the limits of personality and ability, as established by some level of consistency and continuity. And in this case the players are also limited by the conditions set out by the OP.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Floopay said:

@Buckshot:

On the one hand I agree with you, but on the other I want to disagree.

If they start the encounter fighting, then Majestic and Adam should win this via speed blitz.

If the two meet (meaning both see each other) and then go into fighting, then Strange takes this. Mainly because in this scenario Strange can erect shields capable of stopping blasts from Galactus, which should be more than enough to give him some space to deal with Adam and Majestros.

So, that's my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I'm gonna take it and respond to it if you don't mind. If they both see each other, what makes it so Strange is able to do anything (form a thought, twist his fingers, raise a hand, speak a word, etc) before either of them hit him in the mouth? They can perceive, think/react, and move much faster than he can.

As for his galactus-stopping shields, I looked at an example of that on page two and, not to say that it's the only time he's ever done so, but that blast shot in Strange's general direction was enough to cause an earthquake. That pales in comparison to a character throwing around thousands of planet-shattering punches in the space of an eye-blink.

CorbinLowrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CorbinLowrie

Right on. Well I guess at the end of the day, it's still just a forum of opinions and you have made many great points. I will still stand by saying that anyone could turn out with a win. Mr. Majestic and Black Adam would win 7 out of 10 times I think. This has been the most I have posted on one forum. Thanks for giving me something to get into! I am too much of a Doctor Strange fan to give up on the thought of him being able to pull off a win somehow, but everything you have said, I agree with. I just like to look at all possibilities, which are endless with imagination. And truly, the fact that Doctor Strange can pause time is what is keeping my faith in him in this battle forum.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@CorbinLowrie: I hope you stick around, your attitude and perspective could be good for this place.

CorbinLowrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By CorbinLowrie

I certainly will. This sure as hell beats trying to talk to my friends about comics lol. Thanks for the recognition, I appreciate it a lot. I am following you now so we can share many opinions in the future :)

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jeanroygrant

Classic Dr.Strange easy.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers