User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hulkman123
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Classic Dr. Strange vs Fernus & H'El

Fernus & H'El get 3 hours of prep.

Fight takes place on an uninhabited Earth.

Victory can be achieved by KO or death.

Who wins?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

I'm gonna back Strange here. Neither one has a specific resistance against magic IIRC.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Classic Dr Strange FTW!!!!!!

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking Classic Strange wins here, although an argument could be made for team 2, probably a weak argument, but an argument nonetheless.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

I'm really not sure strange wins, but some one can convince me.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkman123 said:

@eternityx: @jwwprod: @juiceboks:

I've given the team GL rings and 3 hours of prep time.

Have both H'EL and Fernus used a GL ring before? if not then you violating the rules:

Giving Characters Certain 'buffs' or Removing Powers

I generally don't have a problem with this, as long as it's not overdone. Things like upgrading certain characters to a certain physical levels, or removing powers for two opponents to gauge hand-to-hand skills is fine as long as the fight is fair in the process. However, giving people like Hulk the Power Cosmic or people like Nightwing a Green Lantern ring is unacceptable because neither character has displayed the skill and/or competence to use such weapons/items. That said, it would be difficult (and in most cases, nearly impossible) for people to debate. Threads of this nature will be locked if it becomes an issue.

So you better take away the GL rings fast (unless both H'EL and Fernus used a GL ring before).

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Killemall

In a random encounter Strange would more than likely lose against either of the character, but i am expecting you will get some out of context scan of him beating InBetweener with a plot device, or fighting LT (where he outright admits LT could kill him and earth with a thought) or him defeating a hungry starving Galactus who was already shrinking and struggling with the likes of Thing and Thor.

Strange power level is massively over-blown on comicvine, consistency shows him without the said auto-shield more often than the other way around, and while he was always powerful enough to blow up a planet and at times even control supernova, after having tapped into his mystic artifacts thats as high as his power goes.

He could likely take 1 of them, he cant take both, and honestly either of them have a good chance to solo.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By reaverlation

Fernus destroys his mind

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@hulkman123 said:

@eternityx: @jwwprod: @juiceboks:

I've given the team GL rings and 3 hours of prep time.

Have both H'EL and Fernus used a GL ring before? if not then you violating the rules:

Giving Characters Certain 'buffs' or Removing Powers

I generally don't have a problem with this, as long as it's not overdone. Things like upgrading certain characters to a certain physical levels, or removing powers for two opponents to gauge hand-to-hand skills is fine as long as the fight is fair in the process. However, giving people like Hulk the Power Cosmic or people like Nightwing a Green Lantern ring is unacceptable because neither character has displayed the skill and/or competence to use such weapons/items. That said, it would be difficult (and in most cases, nearly impossible) for people to debate. Threads of this nature will be locked if it becomes an issue.

So you better take away the GL rings fast (unless both H'EL and Fernus used a GL ring before).

The GL rings are gone, but they still have 3 hours of prep.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@killemall: Thanks for having the unbiased, officially siding with Team.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Strange gives a good curbstomp lesson to this 2 clowns

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jwwprod
eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eternityx

Fernus destroys his mind

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Also, I believe the eye of Agamotto grants a very high resistance to telepathy, illusions and more.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

Classic Dr Strange FTW!!!!!!

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think classic Strange wins. His shields took a hit from Galactus if I'm not mistaken.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna back Strange here. Neither one has a specific resistance against magic IIRC.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange

Straynger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Straynger

Classic Strange is too much for the team.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By theONEtaichou

@mr_ingenuity said:

In a random encounter Strange would more than likely lose against either of the character, but i am expecting you will get some out of context scan of him beating InBetweener with a plot device, or fighting LT (where he outright admits LT could kill him and earth with a thought) or him defeating a hungry starving Galactus who was already shrinking and struggling with the likes of Thing and Thor.

Strange power level is massively over-blown on comicvine, consistency shows him without the said auto-shield more often than the other way around, and while he was always powerful enough to blow up a planet and at times even control supernova, after having tapped into his mystic artifacts thats as high as his power goes.

He could likely take 1 of them, he cant take both, and honestly either of them have a good chance to solo.

QFT!

good day

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@mr_ingenuity said:

lol you forgot my famous "or where Thanos was afraid of him" one sorry about that i actually read the issue, and realize i was wrong. still i think Classic Strange can win this... didnt he stalemate Warlock who had the infinity gauntlet at the time?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@kidman560: Warlock made no attempt to harm Strange until Warlock used the power gem even then Strange has no chance.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: Warlock made no attempt to harm Strange until Warlock used the power gem even then Strange has no chance.

made no attempt to harm him. didnt he try to suck him into the freaking soul gem? that sounds rather aggressive to me? but i dont have the scans ill see if i can find them

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@kidman560: No the only gem that was never used in that conflict was the soul gem.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: No the only gem that was never used in that conflict was the soul gem.

ok i am clearly mis remembering than... but also in that time the Power Gem was actually a power gem and wasnt some common house hold trinket that everyone gets they're hands on

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange might lose if he's not properly prepped against H'el & Fernus, both of which could demantle his mystical reality warping. In addition, Dr Strange's shield has been broken by Hulk's stregth, something that both of team 2 could do with a pinky attack. In addition, H'el matter manipulation far would prove valuable against his magic to cancel it out, thus allowing one of team 2 members to KO or murder him.

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ondskapt666

@killemall said:
@mr_ingenuity said:

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ondskapt666: Classic Strange is always going to be overrated in comicvine, there isnt much we can do about it.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The duo.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ondskapt666: Classic Strange is always going to be overrated in comicvine, there isnt much we can do about it.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always heard of classic strange's power levels being high on the vine and I was just curious if anyone had some feats

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MaZeRaIII

Team.

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ondskapt666

@killemall said:

Tired of people over playing characters power levels and abilities. This includes Dr. Strange, Hulk, Joker and so many more! I'm debating a guy that thinks Joker would win in a fight against Iron Man LOL