Classic Dr Fate vs Dark Phoenix

Avatar image for deactivated-6542b7e3d573b
deactivated-6542b7e3d573b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a fight to the death, both are at full power, yes FULL power, win only by death. Fight takes place on the Empire State building.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing?

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

are you kidding right ? Kent godstomps man

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phoenix easily.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShadoVvlite

Classic Fate

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By beatboks1

This is a fight to the death, both are at full power, yes FULL power, win only by death. Fight takes place on the Empire State building.

Neither can die so no one wins

No Caption Provided

That is Classic Fte telling Totec he can't be killed. Of course Totec has another plan to get rid of his old enemy by making his host unwilling to be his host.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix destroys him on a physical and psychic level.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@roddy010: yeah because that's possible (not). An entity that existed before time and will exist after time possessing a body specifically altered to be immortal. Even reality Warpers have been shown unable to destroy him. The only victory ever attained against Dr Fate ( and there were two) where by making him fall through an infinity of dimensions. In both cases he eventually returned and it doesn't qualify as a "win" as per OP because it's not death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hm..

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

Phoenix destroys him on a physical and psychic level.

phoenix easily.

Classic Fate was nearly on par with a mind-controlled, morals-off the Spectre, who took on and stalemated COIE Anti Monitor, who is a multiversal threat and destroyed galaxies with mere waves of his hands.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fate

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Fate I say

Yamiyodare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Fate pretty easy

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Soratoumiga

Fate, in a really good fight.

Caleb101205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sry, fate with his helmet is immune to telepathy and reality warping. Dark Phoenix stands absolutely zero chance

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

"Classic" Fate isn't as good as you think he is and suffers from incredibly shitty consistency. JSA Fate gets stomped more often than not.

Sry, fate with his helmet is immune to telepathy and reality warping. Dark Phoenix stands absolutely zero chance

That's why Brainwave Sr disabled him multiple times with TP? Sure.

Caleb101205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I have not actually read any of the comics I have only done a ton of YouTube and googling on dr fate so I apologize if google has told me incorrectly. Anyhow, dr fate is one of the best telepaths in the entire dc universe, even being able to control the mind of darkseid and Martian Manhunter. If you know how powerful telepaths those two are, it is pretty dang impressive. Spectre even said that dr fate as his most powerful state is close in powerful to himself. Considering that spectre is the literal spirit of vengeance of the dc universe (thousands of times more powerful than ghost rider), that automatically places fate as one of the most powerful people in the entire dc universe. He knows and has mastered every known spell, he can warp reality, move planets with his mind, banish demons, resurrect the dead, can summon mystical bolts of lightning and fire and can control and warp any matter, and much more crazy stuff. I know that D P has extremely huge feats but I don’t see a way she can win this one.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@caleb101205 said:

@professorrespect: I have not actually read any of the comics I have only done a ton of YouTube and googling on dr fate so I apologize if google has told me incorrectly

This is obviously the main problem here: Youtube and Google are fine for secondary sources, but reading the comics themselves is the only real way of getting these characters. Youtube sources are going to be biased in some way or another and you get no context from Google usually.

Anyhow, dr fate is one of the best telepaths in the entire dc universe, even being able to control the mind of darkseid and Martian Manhunter

For one, I doubt these are "Classic" (usually defined as Pre Crisis Fate) feats, so they wouldn't be applicable. For another, these are uncited, so I don't know any of the context related to these or if they even apply. Taking these at face-value is impossible at that point.

Spectre even said that dr fate as his most powerful state is close in powerful to himself

....This is related to Nabu, not to Fate. Nabu is close to Spectre in power, but Unbound Spectre has killed him outright. Needless to say, Nabu is not Fate, Fate is not Nabu.

that automatically places fate as one of the most powerful people in the entire dc universe

See above.

He knows and has mastered every known spell, he can warp reality, move planets with his mind

I'm quite sure he does none of the above on a consistent basis.

Caleb101205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I apologize I M new to this site and I have no clue how to cite my arguments so the best u can do is this picture- https://i.imgur.com/5sF3KTK.jpg that is a picture of spectre saying to SA fate that dr fate in the Golden age of comics (which is classic) was almost as powerful as himself

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#21  Edited By shroudofsorrow

So Pre-Crisis Doctor Fate isn't great after all? I remember when folks did a Pre-Crisis Dr. Fate Vs. RKT thread, and there was not a single person, not one, who didn't give it to Fate.

Hard to keep up with the changing times.

Caleb101205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: exactly. Pre COIE Dr fate is one of the most underrated superheroes of all time and in my opinion the most powerful but that is a debate for another day

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I apologize I M new to this site and I have no clue how to cite my arguments so the best u can do is this picture- https://i.imgur.com/5sF3KTK.jpg that is a picture of spectre saying to SA fate that dr fate in the Golden age of comics (which is classic) was almost as powerful as himself

That's JSA Spectre in all fairness, who was much much weaker than the power levels you would expect out of him. They kinda had to do that so he didn't just solo every JSA villain as soon as they showed up.

So Pre-Crisis Doctor Fate isn't great after all? I remember when folks did a Pre-Crisis Dr. Fate Vs. RKT thread, and there was not a single person, not one, who didn't give it to Fate.

Hard to keep up with the changing times.

I think people have realised over the years that "Classic" doesn't therefore mean overpowered. Classic Strange has been debunked incredibly as well as Fate. You still get Pre-Crisis showings that are great, it's just that the availability of comics means that people don't just see their high ends anymore.

Caleb101205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Yes you are correct that is the JSA spectre, however I think you are wrong about his power level during that time. He was so ridiculously powerful that Nabu himself had to confront him and eventually sacrifice himself to get the attention of the presence in hopes that it would show him that he needed to put his dog on a shorter leash so to say. That spectre, amped up by all the magic in the multiverse, is the one who told that to dr fate in that image. Moving on from that image, Classic Dr fate has 3 forms. 1st is just Kent without the helmet but still having the cloak of destiny and the amulet of Anubis (both of which contain a pocket universe btw.) this dr fate is decently powerful, but clearly the weakest of the three forms. 2nd is the one I think you are talking about which is Kent with all of his gear. This Dr fate is the one I described earlier. This dr fate has moved planets with his mind (

), survived and escaped the dimension where nothing exists, time and space are irrelevant, and reality itself is nothing (

), and survived a fight with the spectre where spectre sent him hurling through infinite dimensions until the end of unrecorded time (

). The 3rd form of Classic dr fate is called True dr fate or Ultimate Dr fate and that is when the soul of man, woman, and god (Kent, Inza, and Nabu) are combined into one. This dr fate is an absolute beast. He is an entity with enough power to rip universes apart, and effortlessly overpower lords of order and chaos (

) This is Classic dr fate’s most powerful form, and therefore is the one in this battle. His only weakness is that this form is so powerful that staying in this form for too long could kill all three of them. This dr fate could stomp Dark Phoenix with ease.

Caleb101205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caleb101205: I had scans of what I described linked in all of the parentheses but clearly this website is trying to sabotage me. Do they show up for you?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@professorrespect: Aw...I liked when Classic Dr. Strange was considered top-tier.

And I mean, I don't think having low showings necessarily "proves" they're overhyped. Everyone has low showings, but we usually disregard them as exactly that.

spiderman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fate is cool asf but what are u people smoking phoenix stomps

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers