• 55 results
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Clark_EL

@18hunt: Martian Manhunter vs. @reefermadness (Black Adam)

-no BFR

-No Prep

Win by death

morals off

can use any feats beyond Silver Age

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 18hunt

New 52 Only?

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Version, morals and fight to death/ko?

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 18hunt

Troll dance this isn't ur battle, u r on the sidelines

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Clark_EL

@thetrolldance: Already been discussed on a separate thread ....this is a tournament and individual users battle it out while you guys vote....I'll edit the OP for ya anyways.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll start this tomorrow

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 18hunt

Can't wait, it'll be close, I said myself that BA was my biggest if not only challenge, and I happened to get him, was it just a coincidence @Clark_El

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Raw_Material

@clark_el@18hunt Well, I'll start off with the preliminary post because I gathered up most of the scans I pretty much need.

Black Adam has a strength level of lifting 100 ton+ objects with ease. Being the anti-hero he is, Black Adam has matched up against Superman and Captain Marvel, considered equals amongst the DCU. Being somewhat an equal of Captain Marvel, he has substantial superhuman abilities, practically god-level, and is depicted of having greater strength than CM (knowing this, everything that Captain Marvel could do, BA could do better). Black Adam does not share his power the way Billy does with Freddy, rendering him much more powerful in most situations. Therefore, any feat demonstrated by Captain Marvel should be at the very least duplicable by Adam. Black Adam has also beaten the crap out of Captain Marvel in Justice Society of America #23-28 (not shown below).

Captain Marvel vs. Superman Arm Wrestling
Captain Marvel vs. Superman Arm Wrestling

Captain Marvel lifting a space ship (about 1,000 tons easily)
Captain Marvel lifting a space ship (about 1,000 tons easily)

Lifting a tank
Lifting a tank

He has shown no-mercy towards all meta-humans, including the JSA who violated Kahndaq air space while fighting in war against them. Here is the first battle against the JSA, fighting against the likes of Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Power Girl, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Mr. Terrific, and more.These panels evidently show how much of a brute powerhouse Black Adam really is. It also depicts Black Adam's bloodlusted side, which he always is, specifically when in combat (fighting for a greater purpose). This battle also explains BA's other superhuman feats, such as his durability and stamina (being shown to be much stronger than the Nth Metal) which I'll be explaining more of during the debate.

Tearing apart an up-and-coming superhero in front of the media press and public
Tearing apart an up-and-coming superhero in front of the media press and public

Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Alan Scott, Hourman, Jay Garrick, Power Girl, Mr. Terrific and more
Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Alan Scott, Hourman, Jay Garrick, Power Girl, Mr. Terrific and more
No Caption Provided
Taking on the strength of Hourman and the Nth Metal of Hawkman and hawkgirl with ease
Taking on the strength of Hourman and the Nth Metal of Hawkman and hawkgirl with ease
Getting a hit on Jay Garrick, expressing great speed. (BA's even speed blitzing in the first panel!)
Getting a hit on Jay Garrick, expressing great speed. (BA's even speed blitzing in the first panel!)

He also possesses the god-like powers to standalone taken on the likes of Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Hawkman, the 4 strongest lanterns, every member of the Doom Patrol, Teen Titans, the Global Guardians, and the JSA at one time! (one of the most momentous events in comics). Captain Marvel was present. The entire Marvel family was even there and were taken out all in one panel! Also present were dozens and dozens of other heroes from all around the world. Did they stop him? No. These panels depict his brute strength, tough durability, great stamina, strong heart, and high speeds.

Black Adam tearing off Teen Titans' own, Frankenstein (can you say.. B-L-O-O-D-L-U-S-T-E-D?)
Black Adam tearing off Teen Titans' own, Frankenstein (can you say.. B-L-O-O-D-L-U-S-T-E-D?)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What I'm trying to get to is that Black Adam is... the true original champion

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Wwoah, this is awesome. I would have got battered if I stayed in the contest >_<

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what have i seen for now i can see that Black Adam is winning but there is still time for the voting to start so i will just wait :D

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Raw_Material

@18hunt: Let me know when you've made your preliminary statement. link myself in the post if you will, thanks.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. Hmmm

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Simply match Black Adam wins narrowly

Bloodlusted BA stomps

But if MM's morals were off he'd win.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Raw_Material

Black Adam overpowering Captain Marvel who has the powers of Shazam (early years of Captain Marvel)

KRAKKKKOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!
KRAKKKKOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And he wasn't at full capacity with his powers yet. He was still trying to take it back from Captain Marvel in this panel.

Black Adam overpowering Captain Marvel who has the powers of Shazam (early years of Captain Marvel)

KRAKKKKOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!
KRAKKKKOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is close.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

I prefer Martian Manhunter but Black Adam would probably win but only just.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt@clark_el: K well I'm just gonna go more ahead and start my statement post.

Through the powers of the Egyptian gods, Shu and Aton grants him god-like stamina and invulnerability these include substantial healing regeneration as he was depicted of digging out a bullet in his chest with just his finger nail and healed instantly. The bullet was made from the Rock of Eternity to specifically take down BA and evidently had no effective on him. He has also been shown to break Hawkman's sword (Nth Metal), deflects high-caliber bullets/heavy racket launchers at very close range, and also deflect other heavy blows from multiple meta-humans and weaponry. These scans depict his invulnerability feats.

Having the wisdom of Zehuti, he is strengthened in all god-like abilities and considered to possess one of greatest magical powers in the world. With the inner strength of Mehen he is also fully resistant to any psychic manipulation, strong telepathy (enough to defeat MM's telepathy and merely killing him), and immune to magical attacks which MM has a weakness to. Here are the panels of Black Adam stomping on Martian Manhunter in WW3.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill post on a while, also that was new 52 marvel, so I'm not impresses -____-

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Raw_Material

@18hunt said:

Ill post on a while, also that was new 52 marvel, so I'm not impresses -____-

And he wasn't at full capacity with his powers yet. He was still trying to take it back from Captain Marvel in this panel.

KRAKKKKOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!
KRAKKKKOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!

But still yet, he does have the power to manipulate any sort of energy form such as lightning, magic, etc. His powers definitely put a damage on Cap. Marvel even when at the god-like state of Shazam!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Well RefeerMadness is the only one making any arguments so he's in the lead it would appear.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I have limits on the computer, if could I'd post

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Raw_Material

@18hunt@clark_el Does Martian Manhunter have any abilities to stop speed blitzing/phasing, more so fighting with someone capable of reaching light speeds? I know he stood up against Barry Allen before who's considered one of the fastest alive; but can you show me any scans depicting him doing such things (I mean, when you have time to do so?).

With the powers of Heru, Black Adam is capable of reaching light speeds while flying, running, and fighting. BA's capable of keeping up with Jay Garrick multiple times and have reached the light speeds. Jay Garrick is one of the most experienced Flashes and could accelerate to the speed of light and capable of possessing Speed Force. Black Adam is also able of dodging numerous speed force strikes even getting in heavy blows and giving him a brute stomping. Here is a scan depicting Black Adam dodging the attacks from Jay Garrick and fighting at light speeds.

No Caption Provided

Like I said above, Black Adam also had a legit race against Jay Garrick before, both reaching the speed of light and sound.

However, like it was shown above, Jay Garrick was able to steal the speed of Black Adams, rendering him to be passed by J.G.

Does Martian have any defenses against phasing attacks as well? Black Adam has shown many times that he has been able to reach speed of light running (has shown above), but he's also able to fight in light speeds as well (shown in the first panel in this post). Doing so, he could also phase through any meta-humans and other humans unable to defend themselves. Is there any exemplifications of Martian Manhunter defending himself from being speedblitzed?

No Caption Provided

Here's another scan (from the scans in the prelim. post) depicting him to speed blitz in fight as shown in the first panel below. He's also exemplifying his invulnerability and capability to fight in light speeds and strike Jay Garrick. Black Asam also merely kills Hawkman and Hawkgirl, both who possess the strength of the Nth Metal and the Nth Metal Wings.

No Caption Provided

Let me know when you can get a hold of any scans when you have time to, showing MM's defense against phasing or just fighting in light speeds. Here's scans of MM fighting the JLA to save you some time cause I also love Martian Manhunter but of course this is a debate and I also believe BA could win. I have the issues of him fighting the JL in New 52, but I forgot how it ended, more so how he even was able to take on Barry. i'll re-read it again though. Here are some scans i pulled from the web, however, both times Barry Allen seems like he's defeated, but he's on the ground and not shown fighting in both panels.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reefermadness: Intangibility...he also has light speed movement and reaction time as well by the way....@18hunt: 2 hours until voting starts.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el said:

@reefermadness: Intangibility...he also has light speed movement and reaction time as well by the way....@18hunt: 2 hours until voting starts.

Nicee..Yea I know he has intangibility (shown above) but could you get ahold of the scans? I'm too lazy to open my box and dig into the issues.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Clark_EL

@reefermadness: Doesn't matter you've proven your points, and voting starts soon anyways.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 18hunt

I had no idea! Time to start!

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 18hunt

I am rushing, so some of these are in a mixed order

How you like me now!?

I know I repeated some, but hey, a mans gotta do what hes gotta do!

@clark_el@reefermadness

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Raw_Material

@18hunt: Nice scans bro..Good thing for Martian it's moral off, cause he's always been that guy under the laws and abiding by them. As for his telepathic and telekinesis powers of Martian Manhunters, even though it is conisdered really strong in the sense he could hack into anyone's mind and manipulate them, Black Adam has shown to counter his abilities and out-do him in his own game. The chronological order for this fight is from right to left:

I'll get with more scans, but eating right now...lol...yammm, yammm, yammm

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have these scans, they just wouldn't download! One of my best ones is him fighting a giant squid monster! Can you find that for me (I'm sorry that makes me feel so bad about myself depending on the opponent to win a debate)

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@18hunt Yea I try find that for you in the mean time. Again, does he have any panels depicting his intangibility to those capable of reach light speeds such as Black Adam? One of the scans you should me we seen Barry Allen pick up MM, and started sprinting for the hills. Martian was unable to turn intangibility as Barry's speed was vibrating the atoms back to solid form and Adam's known to reach light speeds as well as phasing. This scan is the one I'm taking about. By you showing me this panel makes me believe that Black Adam has more of a chance to defeat MM without a doubt. Great scans though, who did wound up finding all of those? Again, from my recent post, Black Adam was able to manipulate the mind of MM, as well as being fully resistant against it.

@18hunt@clark_el Does Martian Manhunter have any abilities to stop speed blitzing/phasing, more so fighting with someone capable of reaching light speeds? I know he stood up against Barry Allen before who's considered one of the fastest alive; but can you show me any scans depicting him doing such things (I mean, when you have time to do so?).

With the powers of Heru, Black Adam is capable of reaching light speeds while flying, running, and fighting. BA's capable of keeping up with Jay Garrick multiple times and have reached the light speeds. Jay Garrick is one of the most experienced Flashes and could accelerate to the speed of light and capable of possessing Speed Force. Black Adam is also able of dodging numerous speed force strikes even getting in heavy blows and giving him a brute stomping. Here is a scan depicting Black Adam dodging the attacks from Jay Garrick and fighting at light speeds.

Like I said above, Black Adam also had a legit race against Jay Garrick before, both reaching the speed of light and sound.

However, like it was shown above, Jay Garrick was able to steal the speed of Black Adams, rendering him to be passed by J.G.

Does Martian have any defenses against phasing attacks as well? Black Adam has shown many times that he has been able to reach speed of light running (has shown above), but he's also able to fight in light speeds as well (shown in the first panel in this post). Doing so, he could also phase through any meta-humans and other humans unable to defend themselves. Is there any exemplifications of Martian Manhunter defending himself from being speedblitzed?

No Caption Provided

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Raw_Material

There you go again, exploiting Martian Manhunter's weaknesses. :P

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the debaters could vote, think Black Adam has already two, mine and 18hunt's ;P

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Clark_EL
Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this ended quickly. I vote for @reefermadness.

It seems @18hunt was plagued with technical difficulties, but seeing as how Reef is the only one with a full argument, I'm gonna go with him.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Since @reefermadness: was the only one making an actual argument I'll vote for him. All 18hunt did was upload some scans with no argument to back it up. Seems like technical difficulties plagued 18hunt but I can't ignore that the better debater in this case was reefer.

Strman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Strman123

@reefermadness: I think that either way Black Adam would have won but it would have been a better victory if it was a better debate.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strman123: Yea, I was really hoping for this to be a good debate as I had enough panels to make it quite a fun discussion. However I have more saved for the next round if I make it through tho! MM is also weakened to fire, which I was going to prove also, but it shows him being damaged when Barry Allen threw him into the fires (shown in the panels above).

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah but he reversed the weaknesses, remember. He showed all of his bad memories to atrocious, nearly nocking him out, and he has made the joker sane!

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By 18hunt

But I said it myself, if anyone would bet me it was black Adam! So...

I vote Reefer

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a very good debate but i'm going with Black Adam

Nice work from both of you

:D

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Clark_EL
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reefer I agree makes solid points

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt: Nice scans bro..Good thing for Martian it's moral off, cause he's always been that guy under the laws and abiding by them. As for his telepathic and telekinesis powers of Martian Manhunters, even though it is conisdered really strong in the sense he could hack into anyone's mind and manipulate them, Black Adam has shown to counter his abilities and out-do him in his own game. The chronological order for this fight is from right to left:

I'll get with more scans, but eating right now...lol...yammm, yammm, yammm

Can someone tell me why MM was not able to just go intangible here?

I came in here to say MM, but I can't argue with my own lying eyes.

Black Adam wins.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt good debate man.. @Clark_El will be getting back to you on round 2 currently busy and not at the computer..out surfing