Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Super-Buster
Imagine this, except New York.
Imagine this, except New York.
In a three-way crossover the Phalanx use their virus to take over
Metroplex
Metroplex
 all transformers including Metroplex and send them to attack Earth because they have nothing better to do. Metroplex is sent to take over one of Earth's most prosperous cities: New York while Jack Hawksmoor is dispatched from the other side and promptly creates a city suit with New York to take on the transforming city.
Author's note:The Transformers series seems to fluctuate greatly when it comes to the size of it's characters. Metroplex is the main city of the planet Cybertron and thus, I think it should be around New York's... girth. However, it is often displayed as much smaller, presumably because if he was actual size, the other characters wouldn't fit in the picture. So please, for me, pretend that New York and Metroplex are around the same size, even if they aren't. Stay tuned for a bigger battle.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I really don't know much about Metroplex, but I have some thoughts. Metroplex has the advantage of actual weapons, but that didn't help 70th century Kansas against Jack so it may not be enough. That weapons aren't exactly the same, but I don't have much to go on. The only weakness I can really see for Metroplex is that he's a city and as such, Jack should have control over him just like other cities. He may be able to fight back, but I don't see why that would be successful. And even if Jack couldn't just take him over completely in one shot, he could control or destroy parts of Metroplex. He can knock down buildings with a simple command, so he could probably destroy them even though they're reconfigured into parts of a body. He was able to completely renovate a city with a touch, so reshaping one shouldn't be difficult even if it's on two legs. He could mess with its power just like he can reroute electricity through a city, he could mess with it's gravity or density, or something more creative.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Super-Buster

Hmm... looks like I missed a big detail. Why wasn't Jack able to control 70th century Kansas? There's also the fact that Metroplex isn't a city, he is a sentient being who happens to take the form of a city. And right now he's a robot. I don't know though, what defines a city?

I don't know if it will get to this point in the fight but Metroplex has often forgone his weapons in favor of actually wrestling with his opponents, an advantage that Kansas didn't have.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Dunno why he couldn't control Kansas. Might just have been because it was so far in the future that he couldn't speak to it. The mini that just ended showed that time does play a factor. He (and Plo'braach) were easily able to control older cities, so I'm thinking age might be the reason (I'm looking for something other than just the plot). There doesn't seem to be a problem when he tries to mess with alien cities (and big ships) though (even though some might be super advanced), so I think he'd be ok with Metroplex. Maybe he just wasn't skilled enough with his abilities at that point or it didn't occur to him.

I don' t see Metro being sentient as a problem. All cities are sentient anyway and Jack can still control them. Metro may not be in the shape of a city, but all the city stuff is there still, just changed, or doing a different function. He's still made out of the same stuff that made him a city before. I'm not sure what makes something a city in Jack's eyes, but he's been able to function in large and complex bunkers, space ships, and even primitive cities (a handful of straw shacks or an area with two huts).

If they start wrestling, Jack has more than just physical strength. He could phase a giant hand into Metro and blow it up, or throw around EMPs like he did against the God of Cities. I still think Jack could control Metro though, in part if not completely. Even if Metro won't bow to Jack's will, can he really stop Jack from reshaping sections of his body?

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Super-Buster

I can actually see this debate getting somewhat philosophical. Transformers' true forms are their robot forms, they just assume the shape of innocuous objects for whatever reason. So, while Metro might look like a city got up and started punching things, it is actually a robot that temporarily disguised itself as a city like the walking stick disguises itself as a stick. Similarly, though Metro's leg might look like a section of a city -a bunch of homes and factories and what-not put together- it is actually simply Metro's leg and one of it's functions is to transform into a section of a city, or a battle station, or whatever. The cities that Jack controls might be sentient but they are still cities, Metroplex is sentient but is a robot.

Now that I think about it, I think Jack could probably take Metro in a straight-up fight because there's a helluva lot more things he can do that Metro has no defense against, whereas Metro has cannons and wrestling moves. I guess it just sounded like an interesting fight in concept. The only thing is that Metroplex has things that are specifically designed for fighting whereas Jack has New York and whatever comes with it.  Ex. Metroplex's fist is actually metal formed and designed to be a fist whereas New York's fist is a probably a bunch of pavement and buildings ( though he could presumably move the harder materials to the knuckles). I don't think that's going to be enough to win the fight though, Jack is too creative, he'll find a way.
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Slinger

Hmmm, Metroplex is infected by the Phalanx? What's to stop the virus from picking Jack as its next "select"? Could it be possible that Metro just passes it on, then Jack is a new ally to Ultron?

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Super-Buster
Slinger said:
"Hmmm, Metroplex is infected by the Phalanx? What's to stop the virus from picking Jack as its next "select"? Could it be possible that Metro just passes it on, then Jack is a new ally to Ultron?"
!!!!!!
Another poster besides Buck and I!!
kinggamer97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kinggamer97

city jack

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Super-Buster
kinggamer97 said:
"city jack"
!!!!!
Another one!!!
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Looking at the link you provided for my info on Metro, I think he's enough of a city. 

"Metroplex is a smaller sub-section of Autobot City, capable of transforming into a battle station or a giant robot..."
He's not just a robot that takes the form of a car or something just to get by (although even those transformers can now become actual cars and have the things that make them cars inside them even when in robot mode), he's a section of a city that can transform into something else. So he's a city. Even if he were just pretending to be a city though, he still functions as one (its a place where beings live to the same extent that New York is) so I think he counts as one. Why does him being a robot free him from Jack's control? He's a sentient city as are the other cities on Earth that Jack controls. I know San Francisco isn't Metroplex, but I'm not entirely sure of the difference or why Metroplex couldn't be controlled, at least in part.

I think it's an interesting fight. I just think Jack comes out on top at the end. : )

I feel like Jack's ingenuity would net him a win even if he couldn't control Metro. Things like this that just wouldn't occur to you unless you've seen him do it once already.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Super-Buster

I fear this may turn into a battle of semantics. I was more looking at Transformers on a whole and I may have misspoken before. A Transformer's true form is his or her spark. I just assumed that Transformers eventually chose their alternate forms to disguise themselves (Why else would a member of an advanced alien species choose a semi-truck as his alternate form?), but Metroplex might be a different case. He might have actually been created as a city which could transform into a robot instead of vice versa. In any case, I believe that Metroplex being a robot in this battle makes a difference because, as you alluded to, of his function. The moment he transforms, he no longer functions as a city, but as a robot. All those city blocks and skyscrapers that once served as parts of a city are now parts of a robot, and, as I understand, Jack controls cities, not robots. I realize that function may not be your way of defining something but it depends on your school of philosophical thought (This is where the philosophy comes in). Sentience doesn't have much to do with this question.

Heh, I was wondering whether I should try to debate that Metroplex would win but I felt that this fight is too one-sided, even for me. 

Was that an emote?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Super-Buster said:
All those city blocks and skyscrapers that once served as parts of a city are now parts of a robot, and, as I understand, Jack controls cities, not robots.
What I keep thinking is that, he may be a robot now, but he's made out of a city. In my mind I'm seeing it like Aspen controlling the water in someone's body. They may not be a body of water like what she usually controls, but they're made of something she can manipulate. We're not seeing it the same way though. That's fine.
Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Super-Buster
Buckshot said:
" We're not seeing it the same way though. That's fine."
This is what I feared would happen when we began this thing. Oh well, at least we agree on the outcome.
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Slinger

Still wondering about the Phalanx Virus. I think in the end they're both losers, unless I'm missing something about how it works.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Super-Buster
Slinger said:
"Still wondering about the Phalanx Virus. I think in the end they're both losers, unless I'm missing something about how it works."
Earth's defenders have all been injected with anti-phalanx stuff, they can't be taken over.
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Slinger

Oh, ok, Imma go with Jack then. This would probably be a really cool fight to see. From a very safe distance.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Super-Buster

That's the idea, I meant for this fight to be an awesome battle in concept, less so in actual debatable points.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I've got a concept battle but I can't really post it because I don't think much can/will be done with it. It involves Jack too. Him vs Hexus (from Marvel Boy).

Jacky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Jacky

Just read Hexus' profile and wow, I really need to read me some Marvel Boy. THe King/God of Cities versus an idea? I suppose it would depend on what you set as the winning scenario. Jack can destroy its buildings and kill its employees and generally make Hexus a very weak idea but can he ever truly beat it?

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lantern Prime

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Lantern Prime said:
" ...... "
?
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lantern Prime

Just wanted to bump this old thread out of being so bored right now...