Chun li
Chun li

VS

Tifa lockhart
Tifa lockhart

Rules. No materia for Tifa but she has all her equipment

Chun li has all her special moves from past SF an vs. games

no game mecanics like parrying or focus attacks just natural character ability

both fighters are at their best this isnt a DB but injury or ko is a possibility

this is a serious fight so lets try not to get to off topic and BEGIN!

KungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KungFu

Tifa without Materia is the Tifa featured In Advent Children, but that's not all even without Materia she still has her limit breaks.  

Chun Li's most powerful move is the Kikoshu, but I have a strong belief that Meteror Strike or Final Heaven can make Tifa pierce right through the Kikoshu. Also considering if Chun Li jumps above Tifa, Tifa can summon dolphins to splash up into the air. 

I give this a 30/70 in Tifa's favor.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Hard to judge. 

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cavedweller88

@KungFu: Chunli has alot more powerful special moves at her disposle than just the Kikosho like the Shichisei Senku Kyaku aka raging chun li

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkhhNLh2OO4&feature=player_detailpage#t=0snotnot

not to mention it took quite a while for Tifa to do that Final heaven attack shes fighting an opponent that has alot of rushing type moves like the Hoyokushin or the Housenka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF6GB-LbLMg&feature=player_detailpage#t=0s

if she trys to do that move shes left wide open and the fight would end very quickly also Chuns Kikosho is just as destructive as that finale heaven and comes out alot quicker

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cavedweller88

@KungFu: By the way i say 6/7 or 5/7 in Chuns favor theres still alot moves in chuns arsenal but this is a close fight so keep it coming

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sherlock

Wow i was ready to be all like WTF mate?!Why would you do a thing like this?What did Chun LI ever do to deserve this?!

Now im all like hhhmmm this is closer than i at first thought.I still think Tifa will win though

slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By slick23

I believe Tifa would win here, because she is stronger.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cavedweller88

@slick23: Chun li is strong too shes powerful enouge to kick dudes thru solid brick can take out an SUV in seconds and if i remember correctly her kicks r strong enouge to put a dent in that giant robot called PTX-40a from the game lost planet and from what ive read thats a pretty hard thing to do.

slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By slick23

@afrothunder said:

@slick23: Chun li is strong too shes powerful enouge to kick dudes thru solid brick can take out an SUV in seconds and if i remember correctly her kicks r strong enouge to put a dent in that giant robot called PTX-40a from the game lost planet and from what ive read thats a pretty hard thing to do.

Yeah im not saying Chunli is not strong, im just saying Tifa is in a whole new another level, she fights monsters the sizes of houses and stuff, shes really fast, and she has whicked skills to back that up. And she can be leveld up to 99! Thats too beast.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cavedweller88

@slick23: Nothin Chun li cant handle and besides going up to level 99 is a game mecanic if she going to be leveling up like that i might as well give Chun the ability to parry, focus, or triple jump in the air lol this fight is natural ability only stuff that they themselfes are capable of. Im gonna call it a night for now but i'll be back on later today so to u and anybody else keep the comments going so far this is a pretty even and tough fight.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Tifa. She's physically stronger and faster.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cavedweller88

@saiyan_earthling: @saiyan_earthling: Stronger maybe faster thats debatable both are ridiculously fast but lets not forget that Chun lis kicks are so fast that they freaking leave after images and if thats not bad enouge she can combo after that with her Rising kicks or the SBK and if she pops her in the air Tifas going to be eating a full blown Kikosho witch would put her down for the count. Tifas Limit breaks are impressive but if she tryed to close in on Chun li with it shes bound to get kicked 10 to 20 times in an instant as this girl almost did

She didnt get the nick name "THUNDER-THIGHS" for there looks alone even tho there freaking HUGE!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

You can't really say who would win. Tifa is a character in an RPG where her level of ability rapidly grows but judging by the film based on the aftermath of Final Fantasy VII her strength may be exaggerated through game mechanics. Chun-Li on the other hand comes from Street Fighter, a game with a short story mode where feats are only shown in cinematics and some feats are only hinted at and not shown.If we are using Chun-Li from the comics she has a few feats, definitely alot more than Tifa has actually done as far as the story goes from the game she's from.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@afrothunder said:

if she going to be leveling up like that i might as well give Chun the ability to parry, focus, or triple jump in the air lol this fight is natural ability only stuff that they themselfes are capable of.

Or we might as well give Chun-Li all over her ridiculous super combos from the Capcom crossovers.
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By daredevil21134

Chun Li wins becomes she's awsome

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cavedweller88

@Vance Astro: Well i did say all of her specials and supers from past SF and vs. games and Tifa has all her equipment basicly its what there character is capable of. Chun lis done some imppressive things in the comics and movies heck the Alpha movie alone can tell u she can take a beating and ive seen Advent Children so so can Tifa however i would give it to Chun li cause she just has alot more powerful moves in her arsenal plus i really dont know what Tifa could do to Chun if the second she trys to get in her face shed get blitz kicked. p.s. Tifas not tied down to RPG standerds so she can move around and attack and stuff.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By saiyan_earthling

@afrothunder said:

@saiyan_earthling: @saiyan_earthling: Stronger maybe faster thats debatable both are ridiculously fast but lets not forget that Chun lis kicks are so fast that they freaking leave after images and if thats not bad enouge she can combo after that with her Rising kicks or the SBK and if she pops her in the air Tifas going to be eating a full blown Kikosho witch would put her down for the count. Tifas Limit breaks are impressive but if she tryed to close in on Chun li with it shes bound to get kicked 10 to 20 times in an instant as this girl almost did

She didnt get the nick name "THUNDER-THIGHS" for there looks alone even tho there freaking HUGE!

Kicking fast is one thing, but trying that on monsters and a guy who's like hypersonic, leaving after images (Loz) is another. Tifa wouldn't be that stupid to charge in recklessly only to get kicked by Li. Tifa's quick enough to pull off her Meteor Strike LB before Chun Li pulls off her Hyakuretsu Kyaku. Also, the Udon comics are non-canon.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tron_bonne

Final Fantasy has two Fighting Games: 

1. Ehrgeiz
  2. Dissidia
These games run a different in-game mechanic engine. Ehrgeiz runs like Tekken/Battle Area Toshinden and Dissidia runs like Zone of the Enders
In Dissidia, you can build up meter like any other fighting game requiring a meter to preform super special moves. Now just like games like Marvel vs Capcom, characters can combo in moves, specials and cancel into super specials and finishing move specials. 

Tifa, just like any other in the roster can do this. 
For example: Begin video at 2:40

As you can see, Tifa combos in with several of her regular moves in several of her specials and then canceled into her "Final Heaven" finishing move. 

This is just so that people don't use RPG turn based system against fluid fighter mechanics.
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tron_bonne

Tifa combos with a different set of moves before executing "Final Heaven
Begin video at 2:32 

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ssejllenrad

I hate violence. The two should just kiss and make out. :p

OK.. Trolling-aside, I am going with Tifa here. She's just more powerful. I would give the edge of speed to Li though. But I think that won't be enough to handle Tifa. Just my 2 cents.

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Void_Paladin

I...honestly don't know.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cavedweller88

@saiyan_earthling: For one Tifa dosent even know Chun li an vice versa so saying she wouldnt recklessly rush in to attack is pointless. Also u seem to forget that Chun lis kicks are not only fast but powerful and is enouge to put a dent in a very hard plated giant robot and can also destroy an SUV in seconds so takeing on a gaint monster wouldnt be too far out there (that certainly wouldnt be the craziest thing shes fought in her career lol) And Loz going at hyperspeed? Thru out that entire fight he wasent moveing that fast heck both of them where moving really fast but it wasnt till after the fight when Tifa was protecting that girl he caught her from behind and took her out that same scenerio can be applied to Chun lis first fight with Juri in witch she struck Chun with a powerful kick in the blink of an eye and thats only cause she was distracted by a crying child after witch she cared more about the childs saftey than she did Juri so u can see how both scenerios are somewhat similar but that doesnt really elevate your point. And also just cause that pick i should u wasnt canon its something Chun li can ACTUALY DO i mean what do u think she couldnt bust out the Hyakurestu on a whim like that she can dude heck everything from the Udon comics she can actually do this woman can cause TORNADOS with the SBK for goodnes sake. I still say Chun takes this she just has more in her arsenal to bring to the fight than Tifa.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tron_bonne

Previously I mentioned that we can't compare two different types of engines that are fluid fighter and turn based RPG. So either we use CGI's of story or if by using in-game mechanics, use two fluidly moving fighters.

Final Fantasy has two Fighting Games: 

1. Ehrgeiz
  2. Dissidia
These games run a different in-game mechanic engine. Ehrgeiz runs like Tekken/Battle Area Toshinden and Dissidia runs like Zone of the Enders
In Dissidia, you can build up meter like any other fighting game requiring a meter to preform super special moves. Now just like games like Marvel vs Capcom, characters can combo in moves, specials and cancel into super specials and finishing move specials. 

Tifa, just like any other in the roster can do this. 
For example : Begin video at 2:40

As you can see, Tifa combos in with several of her regular moves in several of her specials and then canceled into her "Final Heaven " finishing move. 

Tifa combos with a different set of moves before executing "Final Heaven
Begin video at 2:32 

This is just so that people don't use RPG turn based system against fluid fighter mechanics.
Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cavedweller88

@tron_bonne: For this battle we'll be useing two fluidly moving fighters the idea of fluiditi that im thinking of would be like in Dissidia give Chun li all her specials and supers from past SF and vs. games fireballs, flipkicks, SBK, LKs etc and im guessing Tifa has all she needs in Dissidia (never really played that game but have read and watched it) or we could use the idea of fluiditi that was seen in Dead fantasy however with a bit of realism to it so if either one of them hit the other with a big move that could be the end of the fight. Base the outcome on what youve seen there moves could do and how damaging they could possibly be without the restrictions of game mehcanics or damege scailing you see the idea im haveing here kinda crazy i know but i want this to be an epic and tough fight. This is the kinda fight i was hoping screwattacks DB would do but they choose Mai shiranui and outa sheer RETARDIDNESS had her win i wont go into details on it (afriad i might bust a blood vessel lol) but if youve seen it u know what im talking about.

MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrRagePants

TLDR;

Fighting wise I vote for ChunLi as she does have a REAL fighting style and discipline which she practices. Tifa is just a brawler.

Beauty wise it's a toss up. Tifa's knockers are just too huge to ignore. But I wouldn't mind being head locked by them Thunder Thighs.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tron_bonne
@MrRagePants said:

Fighting wise I vote for ChunLi as she does have a REAL fighting style and discipline which she practices. Tifa is just a brawler.

Tifa has been studying some form of Kung-Fu for over 10 years. She's not just a brawler; she has discipline.
FemmeFatale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FemmeFatale

Tifa

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Blood_guts

THUNDER THIGHS takes a fall. tifa is a boss

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cavedweller88

@tron_bonne: How much discipline though she may have trained in Martial arts for 10 years but Chun lis been traineing ever since she was a child and i think she knows more than one form of Chinese Martial art Tai chi and Wu shu i think at least thats what the name of her fighting style used to be in some SF2 games but manly its Kempo so i would give the fighting expirence to Chun li since she fights a whole lot more than Tifa does and to me is more disciplined but i wouldint make that a deciding factor in this fight (cause both are serious and disciplind fighters) just the expirence part.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vs Character destroy all the Final Fantasy characters.

VS Chun Li is to damn powerfull.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cavedweller88

WOW 2 pages so far (may become 3 i hope) this is turning out just how i wanted so to anybody else keep the comments going im hopeing that Monty om or what ever his name is who did Dead fantasy does something with the SF girls i would jump up and down to see Chun lis thighs going all over the place....up side peoples heads that is lol.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By TifaLockhart

I cannot prove it since the vast majority of "showings" get dismissed, but I personally believe the Final Fantasy characters are really, really, superhumanly powerful.

I'm not even kidding. I was like this before Advent Children came out. Completely biased, I know, but at least I admit to it.

I dunno who wins.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cavedweller88

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Tough one isnt it thats kinda the reason i made this fight both fighters are fast and powerful Chun li might be faster, Tifa might be stronger, my money is still on Chun li but in no way is this a cake walk for her imagen if these two where to team up that would be REALLY scary lol hmmm i might make a battle with these two as partners after this one.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@KungFu said:

Tifa without Materia is the Tifa featured In Advent Children, but that's not all even without Materia she still has her limit breaks.  

Chun Li's most powerful move is the Kikoshu, but I have a strong belief that Meteror Strike or Final Heaven can make Tifa pierce right through the Kikoshu. Also considering if Chun Li jumps above Tifa, Tifa can summon dolphins to splash up into the air.   I give this a 30/70 in Tifa's favor.

One of my favorite fight scenes.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TifaLockhart

To be completely honest, it's only tough to call because I cannot prove how powerful I think Tifa is.

Gameplay not counting, the official strategy guide not counting, and crossovers not counting I don't have a lot of material to debate with.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cavedweller88

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Tifas fighting ability can be somed up more from her showings in Advent Children it showed she was fast, powerful, tough and had some pretty nasty combos (with all that butt whooping she gave that one dude im suprised she still lost) so thats something. I would use some of the stuff (not everything) from FF7 like her equipment manly her gloves but picking up gaint monsters and throwing them around i dont think she can actually do that witch seems most people are refering to when they say shes like super strong and stuff (not that shes not strong but picking up gaint monsters may be exagerating it a bit) and all so she has powerful moves too theres videos of that here but Chun li just has more powerful moves since i said she has all her supers and special moves from past and present SF and vs. games and is more expirenced. I would give her the win barely tho but because of her expirence as a fighter and with all of Chuns powerful moves against Tifa i dought shed really get the chance to use all of them (thats where the expirence would come into play) since u dont need alot of powerful moves to take out an opponent u just need 1.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tron_bonne
@afrothunder: Tifa had to have trained over ten years. She had a master, and he was killed by Sephiroth along with the whole town. In the flash backs when her and Cloud were small, Cloud wanted to be stronger than her. Then in their teen years, Cloud told her that he's going to Join SOLIDER so that he can protect her. At the age of 16 or something, Cloud left to be recruited for SOLDIER but he failed and joined Shinra Guard instead. He's been with Shinra for some time  until he finally was sent back to his home town where he would see Tifa again. But he hide under a helmet due to the shame that he didn't make it to SOLDIER. Then this and this and that is that happened.... And at the age of 22 (Tifa is one year older than Cloud), that's when the game actually starts. So Tifa was an expert since the beginning of the game. At the end of the game she becomes a master, and Advent Children was supposed to be several years after the events of Final Fantasy VII, so I say she is about 25 or 26 in Advent Children. This is already over 10 years.  The reason why she lost against Loz was because 1) he is a clone of Sephiroth (highly infused with mako and jenova cells) and 2) his weapon was unfamiliar to her.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TifaLockhart

She hits with the force of a nuclear explosion- non canon source.

She shook Hollow Bastion with a punch - crossover and thus null and void

She hangs with Cloud and busts up progressively tougher bad guys and has access to materia - game mechanics (which I agree with, to a certain extent).

That leaves me with Advent Children and what few 1997 graphics cutscenes there are in the original game that have substance. Not a whole lot to go on from there. That's like saying don't use fights for DC; just use feats. Not to mention that sometimes on other boards gameplay's been dismissed as PIS, which doesn't fit because no in-game battles are plot induced with the possible exception of ones with Sephiroth. It is actually the cutscenes and FMVs which are plot-induced (and often stupid in my opinion). I also don't believe all crossovers should be invalid just because Marvel vs. DC was so poorly-done. It doesn't even make sense that Cloud could waltz in with just a sword and not get shot to death by the MPs guarding the reactor like some people argued. What's worse is, Barrett punches Biggs to the ceiling in a cutscene but I've had people write it off for whatever reason. IMHO.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cavedweller88

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: WOW i had know idea it was that hard to pin down Tifas feats the Tifa that im talking about is the one from Advent Children with the exeption of her gloves from FF7 so base your OP of the results of this fight from AC and her gloves from FF7 and dont forget Chun li has all her supers and specials from past and present SF and vs. games. The reason why i give Chun all this is because i honestly belive she can do them they are HER moves i base all this from what ive seen her do in the SF games and belive shes capable of actualy doing them and if u dont know she has alot hints the reason why i give Tifa all her gloves because i think she would need them in this fight so you see where im going with this now?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TifaLockhart

Yeah, but I don't agree with that. Just my opinion.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tron_bonne

This hasn't reached to the 3rd page yet? 

Push 

Push 

Push

YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By YouFinished

It really depends on what version of Tifa this is. Tifa from Advent Children was depowered, the whole crew was except Cloud ( she herself mentions in the movie, iirc). But if this is Tifa in her prime during FF7 and how she is portrayed in Dissida, she takes it no problem.

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By supermandefender
@ssejllenrad said:
I hate violence. The two should just kiss and make out. :p  OK.. Trolling-aside, I am going with Tifa here. She's just more powerful. I would give the edge of speed to Li though. But I think that won't be enough to handle Tifa. Just my 2 cents.

Your not trolling until you pick a fight with a person posting in the forms. Making useless comments is not trolling :). You are ok. But some ppl might not like it.
Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cavedweller88

@YouFinished: The Tifa that im refering to is both the one from AC and how she fights in Dissidia (minus all the flying and dashing in the air and stuff) with some twists 1.No mateira game mechanic for Tifa 2.No parrys, focus, or triple jumps for Chun li both these characters are allowed to jump really high and combo while in the air they just cant triple jump like Chun in MvC or dash and fly around in the air like Tifa in Dissidia also there is no damage scailing and for added measure a bit realism to this so that means 1 big move could be it for one fighter and dont forget dude Chun li has all her specials and supers from every SF and VS. game so i seriously doubt Tifa would take this without a problem or if she even takes this at all.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cavedweller88

3 pages so far anybody wanna give a final verdic on how this fight will turn out based on the info i have given (more than once) please explane why u think this fighter will win over the other and please give a GOOD point people and not just say its cause so and so is stronger or faster without an explanation so i can end this ok ^_^

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Tifa.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lockhart

BamVam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BamVam

Chun-Li - Strongest female of Capcom

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in sex, we all win, blah blah blah...