#1 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

- Battle take place in neutral dimension

- Current versions of characters

- Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with Chthon in a neutral dimension is that he needs a host. Dormammu doesn't, although he can use an astral figure of himself to wander about in the physical universe. (Kinda like Onslaught)

Also, Dormammu is a pure energy being that uses physical suits time to time. If all of that energy were to turn physical, he would be nearly as big as Eternity.

Chthon would appear really small.

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

The problem with Chthon in a neutral dimension is that he needs a host. Dormammu doesn't, although he can use an astral figure of himself to wander about in the physical universe. (Kinda like Onslaught)

Also, Dormammu is a pure energy being that uses physical suits time to time. If all of that energy were to turn physical, he would be nearly as big as Eternity.

Chthon would appear really small.

I heard that Chthon is too big and too powerful that there is no dimmensional portal big enough to teleport him to Earth or other places, that's why he needs host.

#4 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio
@BigCimmerian said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

The problem with Chthon in a neutral dimension is that he needs a host. Dormammu doesn't, although he can use an astral figure of himself to wander about in the physical universe. (Kinda like Onslaught)

Also, Dormammu is a pure energy being that uses physical suits time to time. If all of that energy were to turn physical, he would be nearly as big as Eternity.

Chthon would appear really small.

I heard that Chthon is too big and too powerful that there is no dimmensional portal big enough to teleport him to Earth or other places, that's why he needs host.

You heard backwards.... 

Chthon's history is very well known in the Book of the Vishanti. 
His history isn't as devestating as Dormammu's 
 
In the Book of Vishanti: 
The Faltine Dimension is bigger, more vast in comparison to Eternity's entire realm. Dormammu is just a piece of that entire reality. Since he is fascinated by matter, he condenced all his power into a size of a man before entering the place known as the Dark Dimension. Back then, the Dark Dimension was small. It was the smallest of all Splinter Realms at one point, that is until Dormammu and Urmar showed up. Dormammu was too large to fit in there, that he had to shrink himself and become a man. I actually have a picture of Dormammu in his original man desguise, he looks like Protege...... 0_o;;; 
 
Anyway, Dormammu greatly expanded the Dark Dimension to nearly the size of Eternity. I know there's a scan laying around here where Dormammu is litterally standing next to the Sphere of the Multiverse where Eternity lives in. 
 

On the other hand.... 

In the Book of Vishanti: 
Chthon was created by Demiurge. The Sentient Life of Eternity. With consciousness he assumed a physical form of himself (a rock like creature). He started to study magic spanning back towards Dormammu and the older Arcane Magik. Mastering only the Dark part of it and writing them down into the DarkHold. During this time Oshtur leaves her brothers and sister to ascend the extradimension with Hoggoth. When Oshtur acended and became omnipotent, she was able to see all corners of possibilities of the entire multiverse and created Agaomotto. During this time, Dormammu was already expanding the Dark Dimension and Agamotto became Dormammu's 1st rival. So while Agamotto was protecting Eternity's realm, Chthon was only just learning to use dark magic and creating his own. When time pass, after the events of Atum, Chthon was banished 2 times: Once by Morgan Le Fe and another time by scientists...... 
 
These are beings that are nothing but ants to in comparison to Dormammu. 
#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: If by Neutral Dimension where both have full access to powers it could make a epic battle. Chthon is the creator of all Dark Magic and his book by his lonesome, the Darkhold, is a match for the Book of the Vishanti which was made by Aggamatto, Hoggath, and Oshtur.

Fact is Chthon by his lonesome is still a rival for the Vishanti as he perfected and created the majority of the Dark Magic in the Marvel Verse that even Dormammu calls upon in battle.

Chthon has very little showings or feats tho.

#6 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

The problem with Chthon in a neutral dimension is that he needs a host. Dormammu doesn't, although he can use an astral figure of himself to wander about in the physical universe. (Kinda like Onslaught)

Also, Dormammu is a pure energy being that uses physical suits time to time. If all of that energy were to turn physical, he would be nearly as big as Eternity.

Chthon would appear really small.

I heard that Chthon is too big and too powerful that there is no dimmensional portal big enough to teleport him to Earth or other places, that's why he needs host.

You heard backwards....

Chthon's history is very well known in the Book of the Vishanti.
His history isn't as devestating as Dormammu's

In the Book of Vishanti:
The Faltine Dimension is bigger, more vast in comparison to Eternity's entire realm. Dormammu is just a piece of that entire reality. Since he is fascinated by matter, he condenced all his power into a size of a man before entering the place known as the Dark Dimension. Back then, the Dark Dimension was small. It was the smallest of all Splinter Realms at one point, that is until Dormammu and Urmar showed up. Dormammu was too large to fit in there, that he had to shrink himself and become a man. I actually have a picture of Dormammu in his original man desguise, he looks like Protege...... 0_o;;;

Anyway, Dormammu greatly expanded the Dark Dimension to nearly the size of Eternity. I know there's a scan laying around here where Dormammu is litterally standing next to the Sphere of the Multiverse where Eternity lives in.

On the other hand....

In the Book of Vishanti: Chthon was created by Demiurge. The Sentient Life of Eternity. With consciousness he assumed a physical form of himself (a rock like creature). He started to study magic spanning back towards Dormammu and the older Arcane Magik. Mastering only the Dark part of it and writing them down into the DarkHold. During this time Oshtur leaves her brothers and sister to ascend the extradimension with Hoggoth. When Oshtur acended and became omnipotent, she was able to see all corners of possibilities of the entire multiverse and created Agaomotto. During this time, Dormammu was already expanding the Dark Dimension and Agamotto became Dormammu's 1st rival. So while Agamotto was protecting Eternity's realm, Chthon was only just learning to use dark magic and creating his own. When time pass, after the events of Atum, Chthon was banished 2 times: Once by Morgan Le Fe and another time by scientists...... These are beings that are nothing but ants to in comparison to Dormammu.

Impressive, I still find it very confusing, mystical side of Marvel universe is more complicated than I thought. What about Shuma Gorath and Cyttorak, are they also ants compared to Dormammu? I know that they are extradimensional beings, which means they live outside of Eternity's realm which is Multiverse right?

I know about the scan you were talking about.

#7 Posted by New_World_Order (12488 posts) - - Show Bio

Chthon.