Christopher Reeve's SUPERMAN vs Team SMALLVILLE(EditedAgain)

• 87 results
TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TJSH96

@logy5000:

When did I say that Smallville's Superman is like an elephant and that Christopher Reeve's Superman is like a cheetah? It was an analogy to explain that speed isn't everything in a fight. Speed is important in a fight, but not everything. That was my point.

Smallville's Superman is definitely FTL though. You should read his wiki and run a calculation on his speed feats in the show. And I believe Lionel even stated it once that Superman is FTL in the show.

The diameter of Earth is 12,742 kilometres. Light could cover that distance 23 times in a second. Christopher Reeve's Superman reached his peak speed at 1:38 in that video. Going by the sound and that blue light that indicates Superman in that video, it doesn't seem like he was going around the Earth more than 23 times in a second. Watch it yourself. Does it seem like Superman was going around the Earth 23 TIMES PER SECOND in that video? If not, then Christopher Reeve's Superman wasn't going faster-than-light.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@tjsh96 said:

@logy5000:

When did I say that Smallville's Superman is like an elephant and that Christopher Reeve's Superman is like a cheetah? It was an analogy to explain that speed isn't everything in a fight. Speed is important in a fight, but not everything. That was my point.

Smallville's Superman is definitely FTL though. You should read his wiki and run a calculation on his speed feats in the show. And I believe Lionel even stated it once that Superman is FTL in the show.

The diameter of Earth is 12,742 kilometres. Light could cover that distance 23 times in a second. Christopher Reeve's Superman reached his peak speed at 1:38 in that video. Going by the sound and that blue light that indicates Superman in that video, it doesn't seem like he was going around the Earth more than 23 times in a second. Watch it yourself. Does it seem like Superman was going around the Earth 23 TIMES PER SECOND in that video? If not, then Christopher Reeve's Superman wasn't going faster-than-light.

Where in the world did you get 23 times per second? Light travels 186,000 miles per seconds. That circles earth about 7 times per second.

And I'll use your own logic against you. SV Clark never, and I mean never, got anywhere close to going around earth 23 times, or even 7 times, per second.

What people in the show state they can do is irrelevant. Jor-El said Reeve could move at near limitless speeds. But we all know that's not true. If we say SV Clark is ftl cause somebody said so, I could say Reeve could go 100 times ftl because it's near limitless. See where I'm going with this?

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@logy5000 said:

@tjsh96 said:

@logy5000:

What people in the show state they can do is irrelevant. Jor-El said Reeve could move at near limitless speeds. But we all know that's not true. If we say SV Clark is ftl cause somebody said so, I could say Reeve could go 100 times ftl because it's near limitless. See where I'm going with this?

NOT TRUE ? when Jor-El started to said lie maybe but if he says Clarks speed is limitless,its done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

@tjsh96 said:

@logy5000:

NOT TRUE ? when Jor-El started to said lie maybe but if he says Clarks speed is limitless,its done.

He also said Clark knows all the science and literature of 28 galaxies. That makes him pretty freaking smart.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000:

The diameter of Earth is 12,742 kilometres. Light travels 299792 kilometres per second. Divide 299792 by 12742 and you get 23. Or you could say that light could travel the diameter of Earth in 43 milliseconds.

And there is no such thing as "near limitless" You can't get "near" or "close" to something that's infinite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96 said:

@logy5000:

The diameter of Earth is 12,742 kilometres. Light travels 299792 kilometres per second. Divide 299792 by 12742 and you get 23. Or you could say that light could travel the diameter of Earth in 43 milliseconds.

And there is no such thing as "near limitless" You can't get "near" or "close" to something that's infinite.

That's the diameter. Diameter goes straight through. It's the CIRCUMFERENCE that counts.

Earth's circumference is 24,901 miles. Divide 186,000 by 24,901 and you get 7.46. That's how many times light goes around earth per second.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TJSH96

@logy5000:

No Caption Provided

Watch the video again, then tell me, was Superman going across the diameter or the circumference?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96 said:

@logy5000:

No Caption Provided

Watch the video again, them tell me, was Superman going across the diameter or the circumference?

I'm talking about Reeve. He went around the circumference.

Need I even bring up that Reeve can teleport?

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TJSH96

@logy5000:

Show me Christopher Reeve's Superman teleporting.

I'm talking about Christopher Reeve's Superman also. Re-watch the video. Going across the circumference would be going across the edges. Superman was not going across the edges. Superman was flying around the Earth.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Can we use Routh feats too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96 said:

@logy5000:

Show me Christopher Reeve's Superman teleporting.

I'm talking about Christopher Reeve's Superman also. Re-watch the video. Going across the circumference would be going across the edges. Superman was not going across the edges. Superman was flying around the Earth.

I can't find it on Youtube because Richard Donner edited it and everybody uses that version of the movie.

In the original Superman 2, General Zod, Ursa, and Non teleport in front of Superman to take him down. He teleports away and when he reappears there are 3 clones of him, plus himself.

Also, the circumference is the round part of a circle. The diameter goes straight through.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96:

Yea light travels around Earth 7 times. Not 23.

But I still think Smallville wins. Superman doesn't have that type of combat speed and you cant say much for his reaction speed.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vaeternus

@tjsh96: You're absolutely correct dude, no worries. People are trying to downplay the feat saying Apokalips was smaller then Earth but if you watch 1 second in you'll see what I mean(which isn't true) you can see for yourself in this clip here without having to watch the entire episode, right at the beginning. Look atthe planet, easily the same size if not bigger then Earth. It didn't shrink when it hit Earth. I dont' know why people think this and I agree, Welling's Superman was faster then Reeves on instant reaction. As you said, Reeve had to build up momentum to turn back time. I'm sure Welling could do that too.

Loading Video...

For the reeve cloning himself that wasn't him teleporting or cloning under his own power per se, that was him using the FOS tools to do such since we never see him do it outside of the FOS. Besides, Welling's speed could just blitz all of them at once any how being faster then light.

@wardemon32: Agreed.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus:

Didn't they show Apokolips to be equally as large or larger than Saturn in a previous scene?

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96:

How can there be no such thing as "combat speed"? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Combat Speed factors in how fast you can punch, kick, and think. If you compare Bruce Lee to Usain Bolt punching it would be obvious that Bruce Lee is going to win(Combat). If you do this in a race then Usian Bolt smokes Bruce Lee(Travel Speed). Flash can fight at light speeds while Superman can't. This would mean Flash is capable of fighting faster, this is combat speed....

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Vaeternus

@tjsh96: where did they say that unless i missed itt? In the beginning part of the vid you can clearly see its as big as earth while side to side if not bigger i agree lolif

Some folks are trying to downplay it saying apokalips was only the size of a country ut youre prob right. Satur is bigger then earth wbich would make apokalypes far larger.lol

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32:

Just read the link I posted. It will explain everything to you.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus:

Have you seen that entire episode? I believe it's shown somewhere in the episode.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96: yeah its just been a while, i own every season so i can just check it out. ;-)

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000:

Diameter is basically the width of a circle or a sphere. Christopher Reeve's Superman was flying across the width of the planet, not around it's edges. A circumference is the length of the entire edge of a circle, a diameter is the measure of the width of a planet. It's possible to reduce the diameter of a circle greatly but still keep the same circumference (by enlarging the length of the vertical sides and reducing the length of the horizontal sides). I suggest that you watch the video again.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96:

I've read it. Combat speed still exist.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32:

My point is, stop creating distinctions between things like "combat speed" and "travel speed" Speed is speed and they can all be used on a fight, regardless of how a character uses it.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96:

Alright so if you have one guy that runs faster and the other guy who punches and kicks faster, who wins?

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32:

Your question has already been answered in the link that I posted to you. If you had bothered to read that link you'd know the answer.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Wardemon32

@tjsh96:

No I'm asking you. If you have a guy who runs faster and then a guy who punches and kicks faster but they both have the same striking force and durability, who wins?

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TJSH96

@wardemon32:

My answer is the same as the answer in that link.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Wardemon32

@tjsh96:

Lol. So you're just going to ignore the question? I'm asking YOU. Guy A(The runner) vs Guy B(The fighter). I've read the link, now answer my question.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32:

How am I ignoring the question when this was answered in the link I provided to you? That link explained everything perfectly. Did you not understand something and want me to clarify it for you?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96:

I already know what the link says. I want you, out of your own words, to say who wins. Why are you just ignoring the question? Its ignoring the question if the person is asking you and you try to direct them to someone else. I want to hear from you.

You think in Boxing and Martial Arts speed doesn't matter? If you're saying speed matters then you're saying the concept of combart speed does exist.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32:

You'll have to be more specific and give me more information. What's faster: The former characters running speed or the latter characters punching/kicking speed?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96:

Hold on. If ypu're trying to traslate Trasverse speed to Combat Speed aren't you still saying that the concept of combat speed still exist? Anyways....

Do you mean in meters? The average person punches at 8.9 MPS. Running is about 2.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32:

What are you talking about?

And where did you get this " The average person punches at 8.9 MPS"?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Wardemon32

@tjsh96:

The link the people got this from doesn't work anymore for some reason. And sorry that was meant for professinal boxers*. But even if you try to bring that down lower to "average" then it still wouldn't hit 2.

But you still didn't answer my question.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32:

The link works perfectly. If for some obscure reason the link doesn't work or if you're lying, then I can copy and paste the entire thing here for people to read.

Your question was: "Alright so if you have one guy that runs faster and the other guy who punches and kicks faster, who wins?" And I'm telling you that you have to give me more information about their speeds. Or you could just read the link which I posted since it tells you exactly the same thing I would.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96:

Are you slow or are you slow? I was OBVIOUSLY walking about the link where tehy got the 8.9 meters from. You asked where did I get it from. I said the link the people got it from isn't working. So that means I read it off of what people put and those people got it from a certain link..which wasnt working.

Why would I need to lie about opening a link?

And I'm talking in general. The guy who punches and kicks faster or the guy who runs faster. Who. Wins?

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32:

You might want to read your reply to me again and edit it.

"Say Character A has a movement speed and combat speed of 1,000, and Character B has a movement speed of 1,000,000 but a combat speed of only 100. There are still many winning strategies for Character B, for example, bumrushing Character A at maximum speed. If Character A can't get out of the way in time, then he's dead (assuming Character B has the power to hurt him). Even if Character A manages to dodge, Character B can simply continue on his path until he has reached a safe distance from Character A, then re-aim and try again. Eventually he's bound to land a hit." - OBD Wiki.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96:

You might want to read your reply to me again and edit it.

What?

Say Character A has a movement speed and combat speed of 1,000, and Character B has a movement speed of 1,000,000 but a combat speed of only 100. There are still many winning strategies for Character B, for example, bumrushing Character A at maximum speed.

Umm. Nope.

1. In order to "bum rush" you would need to factor in reaction also.
  2. If character A has a fast enough reaction/combat speed then bum rushing wouldn't work.
  3. Just beucase you can tackle someone using travel speed, it doesn't mean you have combat speed. And lets see you go run at a Muay Thai fighter trying to bum rush him(You have a faster transverse speed but he obviously has a faster combat speed) and watch what happens.

If Character A can't get out of the way in time, then he's dead (assuming Character B has the power to hurt him).

You would have to factor how long it takes for this person to accelerate to this speed and their durability.

Even if Character A manages to dodge, Character B can simply continue on his path until he has reached a safe distance from Character A, then re-aim and try again. Eventually he's bound to land a hit." - OBD Wiki.

Lol. So is this how you fight? Assuming this is a fight, you'd actually get into H2H combat. Not stomach to head combat. Anyways....

If the character can actually dodge, he should be able to swing back. He already knows you're going to try again after doing it the first time. So tell me what happens when you run into a fist. Next, I want you to tell me what happens when you run into a moving fist.

Character A and B both runs at 1,000,000 MPH. Character A can only move his arms and legs at 1,000 while Character B can move his fist at 10,000. Does combat speed matter? If you say yes to this you're reinforcing the idea of combat speed and you're saying the concept does infact exist.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TJSH96

@wardemon32:

You were trying to insult me with your previous comment before this one, but you made some mistakes and misused syntax. You might want to edit it to fix your mistakes.

You just made it obvious that you either didn't even bother to open the link I said to you or that you just read the first few sentences and then closed it. You've also made it obvious that you don't read everything that I type to you entirely but instead just read the first few words and then reply from your gut-feeling.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Wardemon32

@tjsh96:

It was like 2am-4am in the morning and I was 2% near sleeping. I honestly couldn't give two shit if I tried my best.

I've read what he/she had to say. I read the whole entire thing, twice. So becuase I'm telling you I didn't agree with what he's saying I either...

1. Didn't read it.
  2. Only read parts of it.
  3. Doesn't grasp what he's/she's saying.

If you were to go by that, couldn't I say you only read parts of my post and not all of it? Doesn't make any sense.

And here is where you fall. The fact that you used combat speed for your arguement that combat speed doesn't exist..............you're essentially saying that combat speed does exist but it doesn't matter all that much depending on how fast the person can blitz the guy with the faster combat speed. Seems like you have quite a contradiction there....

You've already admitted that combat speed does exist. Now where are you trying to go with this? You already understand that someone can punch, kick, dodge, knee, and elbow faster than the next person. But you're just saying the next person can just use his transverse speed on combat(AKA Speed blitzing). Do you now understand why COMBAT SPEED DOES EXIST?