• 181 results
WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By WarBlade539

Now as nimble and deadly as X-23 is, I think people are seriously undermining Chris's abilities here and just going with the general "comics are better" mentality. People are acting like Laura is just going to stomp this match instantly, when in reality if you take a second to think about things, you'll realize that Chris is the one packing an entire military arsenal of firearms and explosives while Laura has claws in her wrists that extend to all of six inches, and with them starting at a fair distance, Laura will actually be the one on the run for the initial opening of the fight. Now I know Chris isn't anywhere near as agile as X-23, and he might not have super ultra mega assassin martial arts training to his advantage, but he does have one thing that Laura doesn't: experience. While she's flipping over bullets and doing triple-fist-of-the-leaping-lotus assassin kicks, general acrobatics and showboating, he's going to get right down to the nitty-gritty. What are claws going to do when Laura is stuck 20 feet getting thrown around by grenades, and when she finally does manage a mad dash over to Chris's position, she finds he had gone to the trouble of planting a land mine to greet her? Sure she'll heal, I guess, but it's going to create problems for her no doubt, and assuming she eventually does manage to get near enough to Chris that she's actually capable of causing damage, all it takes is grabbing hold of her wrists and she's basically helpless. Yes, that's easier said then done, and yes, X-23 also has claws in her feet, but given his great strength and experience, getting X-23 in a bear hug for a few moments is by no means beyond the scope of Chris's abilities. And if he decides to get risky and play the game on her terms, close quarters combat, I don't think Laura would enjoy the feeling of being batted across the rooftop like a ragdoll with an electric rod. Will she heal from that too? Sure, but I'm inclined to believe that a good swing from RE5's electric rod is going to stun her for at least a second or two with who-knows-how-many-volts of electricity coursing through her system, and what is Chris going to do during those brief seconds? Blow her brains out with the M500. Complete obliteration of the head should knock her out right?

Now am I saying Chris can flawlessly pull all of this off without a scratch? No, in fact the odds of him pulling off some of these strategies are slim. But they are possibilities, and given the level of competence and quick wittedness Chris has displayed from Resident Evil 1, all the way to Resident Evil 6, the things he's managed to pull off and survive, which in many cases vastly outweigh Laura's own feats and capabilities, I think I'm justified in saying this is a close match. Chris CAN win, but so can X-23. Chris just has more options and potential for winning, whereas X-23 is a comic book character and that is an advantage in of itself. Still, I've never been overly impressed with Laura's speed, and I don't believe she's ever encountered a marksman half as skilled as Chris Redfield, nor a tactician half as quick. This isn't a stomp, Chris won't stand around and let himself get beheaded.

No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By renamed040924
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By renamed040924
evil1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

I could say the same thing about you, with all due respect. The point I had by bringing up the movies was to exemplify that they are the only case where the main protagonist is a superhuman, at every other instance you are a normal guy or gal, not Deathstroke.

Again, so what?

I know he most likely also has a rocket launcher in his back pocket, but good luck getting that out and ready to fire in time.

Chris was able to tag Wesker with an RPG by using stealth, he can just stun Laura the old fashioned way since she isn't as fast or strong as Wesker and then blow her to bits.

The magnums and such is assuming that her head actually will blow apart the same way it does with the rotting dead and that he actually hit's her in the head with it.

Like I said, the last time Chris fought a zombie was in 1998. Majini and J'avo aren't rotting, their straight superhumans. And Chris has managed to tag faster characters than X-23.

Yes, rolling around chucking the standard choice of armanents at her is going to stop her... like it hasn't been tried by litterally hundreds of others who are now spread across the landscape.

That's a gross oversimplification of what Chris can do. And cannon fodder isn't exactly comparable to Chris, I could just as easily compare Laura's physical abilities to a Majini or a Licker and then ask what's stopping Chris from easily shooting her repeatedly, but I won't because I know she is more than that.

And no, it isn't really, maybe not in plain skill, but factor in her pain tolerance and healing factor, you have one of the most dangerous street levellers around.

X-23 isn't Wolverine, she's really not that high up on the Marvel food chain, I think you're blowing her out of proportion.

Give me some of those characters where you actually play against them moving at those speeds rather than seeing them only use it in cutscenes, then I will believe they and he can actually do it. Look, in the first Devil May Cry, you can die from a hell of alot of things, but one of the things the main character does in a cutscene about 15min into the game is pushing a massive sword with a handguard as big as his torso through his chest and then starts juggling with it immediately after. Cutscenes and gameplay are two different worlds.

Duh, gameplay isn't canon. If it were then Chris would absolutely kick the crap out of Laura because he can tank her claws and instantly heal by eating a leaf. Would you rather me debate that version, or stick to the cutscenes?

Ok, about the point of ignorance, dont. Especially not when I know damn well that one of the problems with RE has been racist undertones, where you have your white boy protagonist mowe down first your infected mexican village full od zombies and then moves to the next game where it's an infected african village, always thanks to the Umbrella Corporation.

What? Is that why you don't want Chris to win? You think Resident Evil is racist? That's absurd, if anything it's the opposite considering Chris Redfield, the main protagonist and the character we are supposed to support, is disgusted by what Wesker and these corporations do to third world countries and dedicates his life to stopping it. We as the player are in charge of protecting these nations by stopping the villain, it's not encouraging you to go outside and shoot black people. That's insane. And what does it have to do with the battle? I'm at a loss for words...

Sorry, but I am not going to admit to anything when a game cant decide if the cutscenes and game are actually part of the same reality.

WHAT???

I hate to be rude, but... you have no idea what you're talking about. I think I'll wait for someone else who has an understanding of logic and common sense to refute my points rather than waste time on you. Grow up and then try and argue with me.

Cue incoming nonsensical hate rant... this was a fun thread while it lasted.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Time for a bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nick is my hero.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zazam: I only know now that you set yourself up for this with an alt.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 geekryan  Online

Chris

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23, no way Chris wins.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what Chris is actually supposed to do here. Seems like people were voting for him just because he had the biggest post in support of him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 geekryan  Online

@amendment50: because X-23 is overhyped and overrated.

Chris has fought stronger, faster, and deadlier enemies than Laura and has come out on top every time.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Good for him, he is the protagonist of his own series. Laura has fought characters that are comically superior to Chris. Chris would not last two seconds against the original Wolverine and yet Laura has stalemated him.

She is better in almost every single way except for raw strength.

evil1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By evil1994

Now as nimble and deadly as X-23 is, I think people are seriously undermining Chris's abilities here and just going with the general "comics are better" mentality. People are acting like Laura is just going to stomp this match instantly, when in reality if you take a second to think about things, you'll realize that Chris is the one packing an entire military arsenal of firearms and explosives while Laura has claws in her wrists that extend to all of six inches, and with them starting at a fair distance, Laura will actually be the one on the run for the initial opening of the fight. Now I know Chris isn't anywhere near as agile as X-23, and he might not have super ultra mega assassin martial arts training to his advantage, but he does have one thing that Laura doesn't: experience. While she's flipping over bullets and doing triple-fist-of-the-leaping-lotus assassin kicks, general acrobatics and showboating, he's going to get right down to the nitty-gritty. What are claws going to do when Laura is stuck 20 feet getting thrown around by grenades, and when she finally does manage a mad dash over to Chris's position, she finds he had gone to the trouble of planting a land mine to greet her? Sure she'll heal, I guess, but it's going to create problems for her no doubt, and assuming she eventually does manage to get near enough to Chris that she's actually capable of causing damage, all it takes is grabbing hold of her wrists and she's basically helpless. Yes, that's easier said then done, and yes, X-23 also has claws in her feet, but given his great strength and experience, getting X-23 in a bear hug for a few moments is by no means beyond the scope of Chris's abilities. And if he decides to get risky and play the game on her terms, close quarters combat, I don't think Laura would enjoy the feeling of being batted across the rooftop like a ragdoll with an electric rod. Will she heal from that too? Sure, but I'm inclined to believe that a good swing from RE5's electric rod is going to stun her for at least a second or two with who-knows-how-many-volts of electricity coursing through her system, and what is Chris going to do during those brief seconds? Blow her brains out with the M500. Complete obliteration of the head should knock her out right?

Now am I saying Chris can flawlessly pull all of this off without a scratch? No, in fact the odds of him pulling off some of these strategies are slim. But they are possibilities, and given the level of competence and quick wittedness Chris has displayed from Resident Evil 1, all the way to Resident Evil 6, the things he's managed to pull off and survive, which in many cases vastly outweigh Laura's own feats and capabilities, I think I'm justified in saying this is a close match. Chris CAN win, but so can X-23. Chris just has more options and potential for winning, whereas X-23 is a comic book character and that is an advantage in of itself. Still, I've never been overly impressed with Laura's speed, and I don't believe she's ever encountered a marksman half as skilled as Chris Redfield, nor a tactician half as quick. This isn't a stomp, Chris won't stand around and let himself get beheaded.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris has her in strength and might have her in speed but with knowledge on and and the location being rooftops I would say X-23 wins. She has a healing factor plus acrobatic enough to land a few slashes then its game over.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

X-23.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23

Dog-Monster88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Lmao racism? so u hate white people then?? are u somekind of dumb sjw or something?? look at that X-23, its impossible for women to overpowered men, i reality ur ugly dumb feminist hero will get stomped by chris redfield.. dumb snowflake

Dog-Monster88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dog-Monster88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

@amendment50: because X-23 is overhyped and overrated.

Chris has fought stronger, faster, and deadlier enemies than Laura and has come out on top every time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d
deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dog-monster88: What's some dude with a gun going to do to a mutant with an adamantium skeleton/claws and healing factor?

Dog-Monster88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Dog-Monster88

@heisenberg57: whats the difference between licker with that fake feminist propaganda character?? u seem lost here dog

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d
deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dog-monster88: Its really you that is lost. A licker doesn't have an indestructible metal skeleton and claws, or healing factor. Quit being so butthurt about a female character beating a male character. You sound like an anti-SJW.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn Whoa, this thread has gotten kinda icky all of the sudden. Is it too early for someone bring out the ban hammer?

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Laura stomps.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By texasdeathmatch

This thread has everything! Incels, sexism, and the lack of understanding between Spain and Mexico:

where you have your white boy protagonist mowe down first your infected mexican village full od zombies and then moves to the next game where it's an infected african village,

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#179 god_spawn  Moderator
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SLiMmcl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Morals are off can't Chris Blow up Rooftops to get X-23 stuck underneath rubble? (It says Full Arsenal so he has Explosives for sure)