#1 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Intelligence: 5 Genius
Strength: 5 Superhuman: Able to lift over 25 tons, up to 75 tons. This range includes Class 50 (up to 50 tons) and Class 75 (up to 75 tons).
Speed: 4 Speed of sound: peak velocity between Mach-1 to Mach-2
Stamina: 5 Bulletproof
Energy Projection: 1 None
Fighting Ability: 5 Master of a single form of combat

Chris Redfield is enhanced to the level of the powergrid given to him in Marvel vs Capcom 3 against the 4 marvel characters in their standard versions.

Rules:
Deadpool and Wolverine don't get a pass with their regen, incapacitation/subduing is sufficient here.
Standard equipment.
Morals on.
State if you believe morals off would cause a difference in the result if you wish to.
Location is in the middle of nowhere with all of them starting just outside the house.

#2 Posted by tparks (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that boost they gave him is ridiculous. He's about 1000 times better then he should be. He should have no problem winning this.

#3 Edited by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody takes the MvC 3 Power Grids seriously. They're a complete joke. There's no consistency to anything.

According to these Chun-Li is FTL and faster than Dante.

#4 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby:

Yeah, those grids are worse than the Marvel websites. LOL. You notice how every Capcom character is "better" than every Marvel character? LOL

#5 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I do have a question, though. Is Chris enhanced in any way, in the Resident Evil games, or is he human?

Regardless, if his abilities, at least for this thread, are at the levels stated than he'd win.

#6 Posted by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

I would just like to see any evidence...from any medium (excluding MvC)....of Chris Redfield being a 25+ Tonner, Mach 1 Speedster, and a Genius. I just want to know where the inspiration for these ridiculous numbers comes from.

The Bullet proof thing I can deal with because in Video games...almost all the protagonists have very high resistance to Bullets.

#7 Edited by Wolfrazer (6026 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

I do have a question, though. Is Chris enhanced in any way, in the Resident Evil games, or is he human?

Regardless, if his abilities, at least for this thread, are at the levels stated than he'd win.

He is supposedly peak human by RE standards, but if you translate that into comics he is actually superhuman. Or from what I recall @nickzambuto would have more info.

#8 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

Thanks. I don't really follow the Resident Evil series, some I'm unsure of his abilities, what are some feats of his from the series that would deem him a super human?

#9 Edited by Wolfrazer (6026 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: Can't really tell ya sorry, am just going off of memory of seeing Nick's posts of both Chris and Leon. He'll have all the details for ya.

#10 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

I would just like to see any evidence...from any medium (excluding MvC)....of Chris Redfield being a 25+ Tonner, Mach 1 Speedster, and a Genius. I just want to know where the inspiration for these ridiculous numbers comes from.

The Bullet proof thing I can deal with because in Video games...almost all the protagonists have very high resistance to Bullets.

I'll respond to that with the posting of Wesker's

Wesker
INT 7 Omniscient
STR 6 Superhuman: Able to lift over 75 tons, up to 100 tons
SPD 6 Speed of light: peak velocity up to 186,000 miles per second
STA 5 Bulletproof
ENE 1 None
FIG 6 Master of several forms of combat

Yeah Chris beat an all knowing God who can fight at the speed of light...not. Now I don't believe there has ever been a stated official reason for the stats but I believe the one most people go by, and the most likely is that Capcom didn't know just what the numbers meant and thought they just meant 1 = dumb, 7 = really clever sort of thing and not that 7 actually meant Omniscient. You can see that clearly in the Wesker grid.

So no there is no evidence. Chris's strength could be a 4 or 5 depending on how much stock you put in his head exploding punches. STA can be chalked up to video game characters normally having some crazy durability but speed...nope, there is way to try and justify that.

@tg1982 said:

Steroids count? Old joke. Chris is a "peak" human but all his boulder punching, head exploding punches, and other such things kind of make him superhuman.

#11 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by cooljammy18 (835 posts) - - Show Bio

MvC3 is absolutely retarded with the power grids on the characters. Just so absurd. Chris is not stronger or faster than Cap period, but that boulder lifting feat leaves him around slightly above Olympic level. When Sheva was being pursued by Wesker, Chris went through a period of adrenaline rush which could of been the reason for his ability to move the boulder. As for the fight, the team should be more than enough to beat him.

#13 Edited by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 @wolfrazer For all intents and purposes, Chris Redfield is a peak human in the Resident Evil universe. He has no viral enhancements or superpowers, just a strong will and elite training. However, if we were to transfer his stats into Marvel and DC, he would indeed be seen as a metahuman. That's simply because Capcom's definition of peak human differs from most comic books. Every franchise has it's own definition of peak human; technically Krillin is just a peak human in Dragon Ball Z, but look at everything that guy can do.

For example, bullet timing is often seen as a verifier of whether someone is peak human or not, but in Resident Evil it's not that big of a deal. Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield are both bullet timers for example, and I doubt any fan of the series can claim either one stands a chance against Chris, the series MVP.

MvC3 is absolutely retarded with the power grids on the characters. Just so absurd. Chris is not stronger or faster than Cap period, but that boulder lifting feat leaves him around slightly above Olympic level. When Sheva was being pursued by Wesker, Chris went through a period of adrenaline rush which could of been the reason for his ability to move the boulder. As for the fight, the team should be more than enough to beat him.

I contest that, Chris Redfield is definitely far stronger than Captain America.

Moving 25-tons of solid rock into a pit of lava for example, is something Captain America at 100% wouldn't be able to accomplish. But Chris Redfield, emotionally drained and physically exhausted, succeeded in this feat this feat through sheer determination. No, a real world olympian can't do this. Are you crazy?

8:30 Chris runs up the massive Ogreman's arm, and bodily rips it's back spike out from it's skin, before impaling said spike on the creatures weak point. High powered APC turret fire bounced off the Ogreman's flesh, but Chris tore that shit up with his bare hands.

0:35-0:55 Chris Redfield is strong enough to bodily rip powerful BOWs limb from limb then beat them to death with their own severed body parts. FTR, C-Virus carriers are massively superhuman and tank shotgun blasts to the face.

Chris's striking strength is even better than his lifting, literally causing Majini heads to explode and collapse in on themselves.

We all know Chris can't compete with Wesker in close quarters combat due to the latters speed. However, in-game QTEs, whether it's actually canon or not, prove that if Chris is merely afforded one chance, he can knock Wesker da fuq out. This is the guy with a massive healing factor who tanks multiple RPGs launched at his face and walks off a 200 foot fall into rocky cliffs on his face.

Chris's striking power has consistently been capable of effects in the 10 ton range. Staggering Wesker, who laughs at 20 tons of steel beams falling onto his head, is the most supportive example. However, if you don't trust that, it's consistent with the fact that his punches overpowered the weight of a massive boulder and powerful creatures like the machinegun wielding J.J. are left dizzy from his attacks. For reference, Leon Kennedy is another peak human in Resident Evil. He's strong enough to physically overpower various BOWs, crush chains blocking his path with kicks, and rip open the jaws of a massive 20 foot long BOW shark. These feats are way out of Marvel and DC standards of peak human, and Chris is much much stronger than Leon. (The Rasklapanje, which Leon outwrestled, is a multitonner, and the jaw strength of a BOW enhanced giant shark would be immense, which Leon again overpowered while drowning underwater)

Chris is a true grappler, he has strength and he certainly knows how to use it, so well in fact that he can go toe to toe with the most highly trained and experienced Black Ops Government agent Leon Scott Kennedy at 100%. Chris hasn't had many CQC encounters, but in all of them his technique is consistent. He basically grabs hold of you and just bullies you into the ground, keeping you off balance and constantly pushing the offensive so you have no time to counter attack. He makes it so master martial artists like Leon Kennedy can't actually utilize their skill (Leon has shown numerous times that he is an IMMENSELY dexterous opponent, utilizing a variety of complex maneuvers in his encounters with Ada Wong, Svetlana, Jack Krauser, and numerous Ganado. However, against Chris Redfield, he can't gain any leverage at all to use these skills, because Chris is just too aggressive)

I also believe Chris has higher endurance and pain threshold than Captain America. Not saying he can beat Steve in CQC, but it's something to keep in mind. Chris's main strength has always been his superhuman gun skill, against any one of these opponents I'd say he has a shot. However, putting him against all three at once is just spite.

#14 Edited by cooljammy18 (835 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto

I swear we had this discussion before. :p

But anyway, 25 ton rock? Please tell me what proof you have that the boulder weigh 25 tons, let alone five? A 25 ton boulder would be much larger than the one Chris moved. You need to understand that Chris caused a large, spherical object to move from its static position when going through an adrenaline rush. Spherical objects are actually not that difficult to move in a rolling motion without enough force to push it. He didn't lift it, he pushed franctically. It's only feasible to assume that he was high on adrenaline when looking at Sheva being chased down as well. There have been real cases of people performing seemingly superhuman feats when high on adrenaline, and seeing Chris rushing to get to her, it's likely that that aided in the process. Cool feat, but you're blowing it out of the water.

Also, I said slightly above Olympic level which puts him close to peak human. Now, I admit to not playing through the whole of RE6 so I'm just going off what I analyzed from the vids you posted. Now, you said that Chris pulled off the spikes of the creature's back when heavy machine gun fire couldn't penetrate his flesh right? It's also caused great damage to it? Now, can you say that it's because they didn't bother aiming at the large, red and fleshy appendage sticking out of his back and chose to shot at his hardened skin? I mean, Chris had no problem weakening it by targeting it's exposed limb, and his weapons were using much weaker calibers than the turrets. In fact:

at 19:11 and above, the player got on the turret and just blasted at its face to get it momentarily down. So...apparently the APC turrets are more than capable of penetrating its hide. Attacking the weak points on the back do more significant damage to the creature and eventually the killing blow. As for the spikes, the tendons and tissue that connect the spikes to its inner flesh are NOT as strong or durable as its outer hide. At least, I presume it to be like that. Again, a little overblown explanation there.

Hell, the point kind of stands for him ripping limbs off of the BOWS in the other vids. We know that enemies are typically stronger during gameplay than cinematics. Mandatory QTEs can be acceptable, but using this as a way to prove Chris is above Cap is a little absurd.

The RE5 vid goes way back to an old argument I think we had about Batgirl (Cass) fighting Wesker. Since the plagas are quick to sprout out of the enemy torso when the body takes damage, we can say the measurement of bone density with the infected can't be accurately determined based off of sight. For what we know, it seems to be much weaker than a normal humans. I don't know much of the C-Virus, but the point stands. The force behind a punch can be much higher than what that person lifts though, so I can definitely give Chris credit there.

For Wesker, I agree that Chris can't contend with his speed. However, gameplay mechanics alloy Chris to avoid and dodge hits and gunfire from Wesker. He did do it during the cutscene on the aircraft so I'll accept that. Also, he can even knock him down, but again, Sheva can also. We know Sheva is much weaker than Chris based off feats, but if she's capable of taking Wesker down, then using many instances during gameplay can become irrelevant to this specific argument. Cap has performed exceptionally better in this regard. Falling from an aircraft vehicle and maneuvering his body in midair to block bullets with his sheild blows away anything Chris has done in terms of agility.

Breaking chains and ripping out jaws of a mutated shark is above anything a peak human can do in Marvel and DC? You know very well that's a ridiculous statement. You know the type of feats Cap, Batman and hell, even Daredevil have done? C'mon man, I shouldn't have to post a million scans for that one. In terms of H2H, Cap is a master of Jiu Jujitsu so I don't think Chris can do much to an opponent with competent training and superior strength.

And your comment about Chris having more endurance and even at a tired position, performing superior to a 100% Cap is borderline fanboyish. You like Resident Evil, I do too, but I know when to acknowledge things between people. Especially a certain someone that's been injecting with a serum that has allowed him to be superior to any human can be physically. This same person that's fought master martial artists, aliens, and various of superpowered beings his whole career. I swear, you have the tendency to do this for Solid Snake also when debating for him in a relevant thread. I'm not trying to downplay Chris at all and even thinks he's impressive in areas, but he isn't superior to Captain America....at all.

The reason I haven't posted scans to help my argument further is that I think you're perfectly aware of feats Cap has performed and are just neglecting them for your argument. Plus, I don't have any scans saved on my laptop and I haven't seen any extensive respect thread for Cap here. I found this though, so check it out if you want: http://www.comicvine.com/captain-america/4005-1442/forums/scan-help-594474/#3

Another thing, I think you forgot that Cap has two more superhumans with accelerated healing factors and an expert marksman on his team. Even with the rules from the OP based around the illogical grid from MvC3 (something OP even said is kind of weird), I don't see a logical way Chris can win this at all.

So yeah, team takes it. :)

#15 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

Thanks for the info, the only question I really have is, how do we know that boulder was 25 tons? Was it stated in game, or just an estimation?

#16 Edited by Anal_Vomit (759 posts) - - Show Bio

A better match would be Master chief.

#17 Posted by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Just looking at the boulder...there is no way it was 25 tons. Nowhere close. And Cap has Strength Feats that Match or better that. I would say Redfield measures up to being on par with a comic book Peak Human.

Huge chunk of Concrete...he lifts and tosses it with no apparent effort and nails a soldier on a rooftop at least 30 feet away. Granted, the Rock Chris Moved was bigger...but he was struggling with it the entire time and he never actually lifted it....it was all he could do just to nudge it.

#18 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Also to add to @shawnbaby scans here is some more of Cap's strength feats...

While the elevator only weighs around 780lbs, keep in mind that it was falling, AND Cap had to still hold on to his shield once he stuck it into the wall which added to the resistance as well as the elevator's weight.

Cap having to close a missile silo door by hand, which appears to be roughly the same size as the boulder.

As for punch strength we have this

While not a punch, the amount of arm strength and velocity it would take to throw his shield through the truck the long way including the engine block is staggering, and contrary to what many believe, the shield does NOT have a sharp edge, it is actually dull, otherwise every time he bounced it off of someone it A) wouldn't bounce, it would be stuck in their body or dismember them, and B) it would kill them.

With a back hand he sends Iron Man flying back, and Cap was off balanced while doing it, Iron Man in his armor weighs 425lbs.

Cap's punches, with his shield, are enough to destroy Iron Man's armor, Iron Man's suit was shut down which allowed Cap to wail on him, but the damage output is still noteworthy.

Cap punches Wolverine (who weighs 350lbs with his adamantium skeleton) at least 15ft and through two car doors.

As for agility and speed...

Cap dodges a bullet from close range AFTER it's been fired, and throws his shield and has it ricochet and hit Winter Soldier before he even gets a follow up shot.

Cap casually stating he sees faster than bullets travel.

Cap dodging lasers, and bullets while in mid flip, note the bullets, once again he dodged the bullets AFTER they were fired.

So I honestly think Cap alone could fair well against Chris, let alone him on a team with Deadpool, Wolverine, and Hawkeye, just my opinion, though.

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (37300 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18: since I think you said haven't played re6 yet, in regards to the bow with a heart on its back any character being played in the mission at the time so jake mueller does have legit enhanced strength. Sherry has regen but nothing was stated she has enhanced strength an piers nivens just the most accurate soldier the bsaa has can both do the same thing. Also based on gameplay mechanics Chris needs piers to move just junk bins that block paths. They are kinda big but even jake needs Sherry's help to move but considering jake was able to physically hurt a being that could withstand and push back a power drill that is like a bulldozer but is like I said a drill used to tunnel through mines. Just a bit of info you can use since you haven't completely played through.

#20 Edited by cooljammy18 (835 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18: since I think you said haven't played re6 yet, in regards to the bow with a heart on its back any character being played in the mission at the time so jake mueller does have legit enhanced strength. Sherry has regen but nothing was stated she has enhanced strength an piers nivens just the most accurate soldier the bsaa has can both do the same thing. Also based on gameplay mechanics Chris needs piers to move just junk bins that block paths. They are kinda big but even jake needs Sherry's help to move but considering jake was able to physically hurt a being that could withstand and push back a power drill that is like a bulldozer but is like I said a drill used to tunnel through mines. Just a bit of info you can use since you haven't completely played through.

Ah thanks for that. I know Jake is borderline superhuman and I wouldn't of face_palm myself through a wall if he argued for Jake instead of Chris lol. Even then, going by the gameplay info you told me it kind of contradicts the arguments of characters being superhuman based off of gameplay feats. It also helps my original argument of Chris going through an adrenaline rush to move the boulder. Thanks again for the info though.

#21 Edited by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Those co-op "door opening" sections can't be used as evidence for anything. Hell I recall one where you need both players but then only Piers actually does anything.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37300 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18: No problem. Thanks to Rozalia over here, you also need another person to kick down an average sized door that just happens to be locked shut.

@rozalia: Thanks, that reminds me. And sure you can. If one wants to cherry pick game mechanics as evidence, then you should consider all the showings.

#23 Posted by russellmania77 (14542 posts) - - Show Bio

I know who red field is and he is not that crazy strong

#24 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 @wolfrazer For all intents and purposes, Chris Redfield is a peak human in the Resident Evil universe. He has no viral enhancements or superpowers, just a strong will and elite training. However, if we were to transfer his stats into Marvel and DC, he would indeed be seen as a metahuman. That's simply because Capcom's definition of peak human differs from most comic books. Every franchise has it's own definition of peak human; technically Krillin is just a peak human in Dragon Ball Z, but look at everything that guy can do.

For example, bullet timing is often seen as a verifier of whether someone is peak human or not, but in Resident Evil it's not that big of a deal. Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield are both bullet timers for example, and I doubt any fan of the series can claim either one stands a chance against Chris, the series MVP.

@cooljammy18 said:

I contest that, Chris Redfield is definitely far stronger than Captain America.

Moving 25-tons of solid rock into a pit of lava for example, is something Captain America at 100% wouldn't be able to accomplish. But Chris Redfield, emotionally drained and physically exhausted, succeeded in this feat this feat through sheer determination. No, a real world olympian can't do this. Are you crazy?

8:30 Chris runs up the massive Ogreman's arm, and bodily rips it's back spike out from it's skin, before impaling said spike on the creatures weak point. High powered APC turret fire bounced off the Ogreman's flesh, but Chris tore that shit up with his bare hands.

0:35-0:55 Chris Redfield is strong enough to bodily rip powerful BOWs limb from limb then beat them to death with their own severed body parts. FTR, C-Virus carriers are massively superhuman and tank shotgun blasts to the face.

Chris's striking strength is even better than his lifting, literally causing Majini heads to explode and collapse in on themselves.

We all know Chris can't compete with Wesker in close quarters combat due to the latters speed. However, in-game QTEs, whether it's actually canon or not, prove that if Chris is merely afforded one chance, he can knock Wesker da fuq out. This is the guy with a massive healing factor who tanks multiple RPGs launched at his face and walks off a 200 foot fall into rocky cliffs on his face.

Chris's striking power has consistently been capable of effects in the 10 ton range. Staggering Wesker, who laughs at 20 tons of steel beams falling onto his head, is the most supportive example. However, if you don't trust that, it's consistent with the fact that his punches overpowered the weight of a massive boulder and powerful creatures like the machinegun wielding J.J. are left dizzy from his attacks. For reference, Leon Kennedy is another peak human in Resident Evil. He's strong enough to physically overpower various BOWs, crush chains blocking his path with kicks, and rip open the jaws of a massive 20 foot long BOW shark. These feats are way out of Marvel and DC standards of peak human, and Chris is much much stronger than Leon. (The Rasklapanje, which Leon outwrestled, is a multitonner, and the jaw strength of a BOW enhanced giant shark would be immense, which Leon again overpowered while drowning underwater)

Chris is a true grappler, he has strength and he certainly knows how to use it, so well in fact that he can go toe to toe with the most highly trained and experienced Black Ops Government agent Leon Scott Kennedy at 100%. Chris hasn't had many CQC encounters, but in all of them his technique is consistent. He basically grabs hold of you and just bullies you into the ground, keeping you off balance and constantly pushing the offensive so you have no time to counter attack. He makes it so master martial artists like Leon Kennedy can't actually utilize their skill (Leon has shown numerous times that he is an IMMENSELY dexterous opponent, utilizing a variety of complex maneuvers in his encounters with Ada Wong, Svetlana, Jack Krauser, and numerous Ganado. However, against Chris Redfield, he can't gain any leverage at all to use these skills, because Chris is just too aggressive)

I also believe Chris has higher endurance and pain threshold than Captain America. Not saying he can beat Steve in CQC, but it's something to keep in mind. Chris's main strength has always been his superhuman gun skill, against any one of these opponents I'd say he has a shot. However, putting him against all three at once is just spite.

U lost all credibility when you said the rock is 25 tons.....?????? what in the world make you think the rock is 25 tons??? it look to me that is probably a few hundred pounds....maybe a ton at the most. Chris gun skill means nothing if he cant hit Cap. Cap shield will make It almost impossible for chris to get a clean shot. He wouldn't beat none of these characters by himself...and damn sure cant win if they are a team.

#25 Posted by jashro44 (19551 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by jashro44 (19551 posts) - - Show Bio

And Chris gets wrecked. He can't beat anyone here.

#27 Posted by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto

And your comment about Chris having more endurance and even at a tired position, performing superior to a 100% Cap is borderline fanboyish. You like Resident Evil, I do too, but I know when to acknowledge things between people.

Another thing, I think you forgot that Cap has two more superhumans with accelerated healing factors and an expert marksman on his team. Even with the rules from the OP based around the illogical grid from MvC3 (something OP even said is kind of weird), I don't see a logical way Chris can win this at all.

So yeah, team takes it. :)

Before I point out anything else, I'd just like to clear up some miscommunication we seem to have here. I don't think I ever said Chris can outperform a 100% Cap while tired, I said he did that to Leon. I don't think Chris Redfield is better than Captain America in anything besides strength. I even said at the end of my post that this thread is spite against him; my entire post was just defending Chris's raw power and potential to stand up to any ONE of these three opponents, while using guns, not all of them at once. I even admitted that he is very very short on close quarters combat skill feats, which is a shame considering his stats.

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to adress the weight of the boulder.

@tg1982 @shawnbaby @ghost_rider1 The weight of the boulder is never mentioned, I made an assumption based off the weight of similar, real-life boulders. For example, the link @jashro44 posted shows a 7 foot tall rock weighing 10 tons. The boulder Chris shoved was closer to 10 feet tall, and it was certainly a HELLUVA lot wider than that one. I've seen calcs on that boulder's weight on several sites, and it usually varies from 16 tons to 25 tons. It was much, much larger than the 10 ton boulder Jashro showed, over twice it's width, so that's hardly a bad guess.

http://www.delawarequarries.com/landscape/boulders/boulderwt.html

A sandstone boulder weighs about 150 pounds per square foot. We don't have exact dimensions on the size of the boulder, but it was clearly much larger than Chris, who stands at 6 ft 1. I am going to lowball this as much as I possibly can, by assuming the boulder is Chris's exact size, in length, width, and height (again, we can clearly see it is much bigger in all areas)

6 x 6 x 6 = 216

216 x 150 = 32,400 (I get 150 from the average sandstone boulder. Other substances such as limestone are heavier)

32,400 / 2,000 = 16.2 tons.

With Chris's own size, the boulder weighs about 16 tons. It was clearly much bigger than 6 feet up and around though, so 20-25 tons is a good guesstimation.

I hate when people play off the entire feat as no big deal just because the rock was a circle. Even if it was a perfect circle, no real life human could ever roll it singlehandedly. You're still pushing against several dozen thousand pounds. And that's besides the fact that the boulder was clearly very jagged and bumpy. An adrenaline rush is also not an excuse because Chris had just moments before gotten through destroying a several hundred foot tall massive Uroborous creature threatening to destroy the entire aircraft carrier, two consecutive high octane fights with Albert Wesker using RPGs and catching his partner from falling to her death, and tanked a plane crash into a volcano. The dude has long since run out of adrenaline. Realistically he should be dead tired, not high on battle and full of energy ready to save Sheva.

Now, you said that Chris pulled off the spikes of the creature's back when heavy machine gun fire couldn't penetrate his flesh right? It's also caused great damage to it? Now, can you say that it's because they didn't bother aiming at the large, red and fleshy appendage sticking out of his back and chose to shot at his hardened skin?

That's my point. The APC turret couldn't get through it's hardened skin, but Chris's muscles were more than capable of cracking it's flesh. The red appendage has nothing to do with it, Chris's strength feat was ripping out the back spike, not stabbing it's weak point.

As for the spikes, the tendons and tissue that connect the spikes to its inner flesh are NOT as strong or durable as its outer hide. At least, I presume it to be like that. Again, a little overblown explanation there.

The creature's skin is what was holding the spike in. Again, Chris had to crack that to pull out the spike, let alone pulling out all the tendons and tissue holding it in place.

Since the plagas are quick to sprout out of the enemy torso when the body takes damage, we can say the measurement of bone density with the infected can't be accurately determined based off of sight. For what we know, it seems to be much weaker than a normal humans.

That's not true. Majini are enhanced beings, that's the entire point of infection. It takes repeated gunfire to the face to get through one. Las Plagas are incredibly strong, it makes sense that they'd be capable of bursting through the host's head. For example, Krauser's mutated arm is completely indestructible.

Breaking chains and ripping out jaws of a mutated shark is above anything a peak human can do in Marvel and DC? You know very well that's a ridiculous statement. You know the type of feats Cap, Batman and hell, even Daredevil have done? C'mon man, I shouldn't have to post a million scans for that one. In terms of H2H, Cap is a master of Jiu Jujitsu so I don't think Chris can do much to an opponent with competent training and superior strength.

Do you know how powerful shark jaws are? Let alone a 20 foot long monster shark? It'd easily have the biting force of over several tons. Batman and Daredevil can't replicate that.

And Cap has Strength Feats that Match or better that. I would say Redfield measures up to being on par with a comic book Peak Human.

That slab of concrete didn't weigh much more than a couple hundred pounds. It's impressive, but the thing is, I can see Chris replicating most of Cap's feats, yet I have a hard time seeing Cap dismember enhanced BOWs.

I'm not saying Chris can manhandle Captain America, but he is at least a bit stronger. Even if they're equal, Chris is certainly more powerful than Batman and other peak humans.

#28 Edited by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

Half the people in this thread seem to be missing the point of the thread in the first place. Chris being only able to lift a ton or 10 or whatever in his universe are irrelevant here. In the MVC3 powergrid he is listed as being able to lift 25-75 tons so go by that.

#29 Posted by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:
@jashro44 said:

Half the people in this thread seem to be missing the point of the thread in the first place. Chris being only able to lift a ton or 10 or whatever in his universe are irrelevant here. In the MVC3 powergrid he is listed as being able to lift 25-75 tons so go by that.

I thought this was a troll based on the power grids at first. If you seriously want us to say who wins based off them, then this is a pretty pointless thread.

#30 Edited by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@rozalia said:
@jashro44 said:

I thought this was a troll based on the power grids at first. If you seriously want us to say who wins based off them, then this is a pretty pointless thread.

Enhance Chris's strength and speed and so on to the levels listed and determine if it gives him enough of a boost to win against the team or not, very simple. If this was standard Chris you'd think I'd put him in a fight like this? The grids are for Chris only, Cap and the others are their comic selves.

#31 Edited by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Lets reverse engineer this a little bit 25 tons is 50000 Pounds. 50000/150 = 333.3333etc. Square Feet. Do you know how big that Boulder would have to be to weigh that much? Thats the size of a small apartment. The Room I am in right now is not even half of that and I could fit 10 of those boulders in here at least.

150 lbs is the weight of a Cubic Foot of Limestone. Not a Square Foot.

But to compare the chunk of concrete Cap tossed and the boulder. That slab looked to be about as long as cap is tall (6'4") , a little wider than cap (probably 3.5- 4 feet), and probably a bit over a foot in depth. concrete weighs about 145 pounds a cubic foot. crunch all those nuymbers togther and it works out somewhere around 3900 pounds.

That would put it at just about 2 tons. Which means cap fairly effortlessly lifted and threw an almost 2 ton slab of concrete with remarkable accuracy at a man on a rooftop at least 30 feet away at an upward angle. That's an incredible feat when you look at it that way.

#32 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@wolfrazer:

Thanks. I don't really follow the Resident Evil series, some I'm unsure of his abilities, what are some feats of his from the series that would deem him a super human?

He fisted and pushed a boulder out of his way.

#33 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Before I point out anything else, I'd just like to clear up some miscommunication we seem to have here. I don't think I ever said Chris can outperform a 100% Cap while tired, I said he did that to Leon. I don't think Chris Redfield is better than Captain America in anything besides strength. I even said at the end of my post that this thread is spite against him; my entire post was just defending Chris's raw power and potential to stand up to any ONE of these three opponents, while using guns, not all of them at once. I even admitted that he is very very short on close quarters combat skill feats, which is a shame considering his stats.

In the first bold sentence your exact quote was that Cap couldn't (at 100%) do what Chris did to the boulder while Chris was emotionaly drained and physically exhausted. However you were talking about Leon and NOT Cap in the H2H portion of your post.

But I can say that the bold is in fact true. Depending on which part of the post people are talking about, you did say it was against Leon not Cap (for the H2h portion). You did say it was spite against him (Chris). And you did say he lacked any real H2h ability/feats (again Chris).

I would just like to point out that my only question/concern was on the accuracy of the weight of the boulder. Which you answered, although, I'm still unsure of whether to say it was 25 tons or not, but I will agree that, at the very least, it is an incredible strength feat.

#34 Posted by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@nickzambuto said:

In the first bold sentence your exact quote was that Cap couldn't (at 100%) do what Chris did to the boulder while Chris was emotionaly drained and physically exhausted. However you were talking about Leon and NOT Cap in the H2H portion of your post.

But I can say that the bold is in fact true. Depending on which part of the post people are talking about, you did say it was against Leon not Cap (for the H2h portion). You did say it was spite against him (Chris). And you did say he lacked any real H2h ability/feats (again Chris).

I would just like to point out that my only question/concern was on the accuracy of the weight of the boulder. Which you answered, although, I'm still unsure of whether to say it was 25 tons or not, but I will agree that, at the very least, it is an incredible strength feat.

Well, what I said about Cap was only in reference to the boulder feat. I think cooljammy misinterpreted it as me saying Chris is better than Cap in everything.

@nickzambuto: Lets reverse engineer this a little bit 25 tons is 50000 Pounds. 50000/150 = 333.3333etc. Square Feet. Do you know how big that Boulder would have to be to weigh that much? Thats the size of a small apartment. The Room I am in right now is not even half of that and I could fit 10 of those boulders in here at least.

But to compare the chunk of concrete Cap tossed and the boulder. That slab looked to be about as long as cap is tall (6'4") , a little wider than cap (probably 3.5- 4 feet), and probably a bit over a foot in depth. concrete weighs about 145 pounds a cubic foot. crunch all those nuymbers togther and it works out somewhere around 3900 pounds.

That would put it at just about 2 tons. Which means cap fairly effortlessly lifted and threw an almost 2 ton slab of concrete with remarkable accuracy at a man on a rooftop at least 30 feet away at an upward angle. That's an incredible feat when you look at it that way.

It wouldn't just be 333 feet around, we have to keep in mind that those numbers are including it's total mass, the inside as well as the boulder's length. If the boulder was flattened and spread out, with all it's density, it would spread pretty far.

The chunk of concrete Cap tossed is impressive, but from the way I see it, it's not quite as big as you make it out to be. It was closer to the size of Cap's hand, so less than a foot in depth. Also if it was laid down on it's side, it'd come up to Cap's waist, so definitely not 4 feet wide. And we really don't get a good look at how long it is, but from the 4th panel, I don't see it as big as Cap himself. Not to mention most sources have Cap listed as 6'2, not 6'4.

All these minor discrepancies cut the weight of the debris almost in half. I can honestly see Chris replicating this feat.

#35 Posted by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Once again...we're dealing with CUBIC Feet....not Square Feet. Square Footage is a measurement of Area. Cubic Footage is a measurement of Volume.

The chunk is bigger than his hand...you can tell on the third panel...he's grabbing it at a more narrow part of the slab itself...you can see its wider up near the top of the panel. To my eyes it looks like the slab is approximately as long as Cap is tall. You can also tell that the part of the slab directly over Cap is wider across than Cap himself his so its over 3 feet wide...and that's not it's widest point...so I averaged it out to about 3.5 in my calculations. I was kind of roughing out the total math because it's not exactly a completely uniform slab.

Even going with more conservative numbers its still looking to weigh in right around 3000-3500 lbs.And he threw that...presumably straight as an arrow (since he didn't hit the telephone wire) to the top of a building at last 30 feet away from him with no visible signs of straining. Note the utility pole. Utility poles average around 40 feet long...with about 6 feet buried into the ground...leaving about 34 feet. The building is a bit taller than the Pole....so lets make it about 40 feet. THat's a damn impressive throw.

Also, bear in mind that he deadlifts this sucker before throwing it. Even at your most marginal guess he effortlessly deadlifts and tosses over a ton of concrete, with near-perfect accuracy...to the top of a 40 foot building 30 feet away from him and it hits hard enough to tear out that corner of the building altogether.

#36 Posted by GhostRavage (8353 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

To be totally honest I generally dislike using science when it comes to qualifying feats. Comic (and Video Game for that matter) Writers don't look at things from a scientific perspective. They look at things from a "Cool Stuff" Perspective. Actual science takes a back seat when it comes to Captain America (or Chris Redfield) doing something incredibly awesome. I can practically guarantee that the writers behind the feats discussed here didn't put anywhere close to the amount of effort analysing and quantifying the details that we have here. They just said "Let's show them something cool" and that was it.

#38 Posted by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@shawnbaby said:

To be totally honest I generally dislike using science when it comes to qualifying feats. Comic (and Video Game for that matter) Writers don't look at things from a scientific perspective. They look at things from a "Cool Stuff" Perspective. Actual science takes a back seat when it comes to Captain America (or Chris Redfield) doing something incredibly awesome. I can practically guarantee that the writers behind the feats discussed here didn't put anywhere close to the amount of effort analysing and quantifying the details that we have here. They just said "Let's show them something cool" and that was it.

Yeah, that's why feats are sometimes inconsistent. I see the concrete slab toss as a pretty high end showing for Cap; not saying we should discount it or anything, just that Cap isn't going to manhandle Chris through pure strength based off that one scan. I still consider them pretty close in terms of power, Chris has always been the strong man of the RE series. Even in his rookies days of RE1 and CVX, Chris could still wrestle around with Hunters and other powerful BOWs. By the time of RE6, he can literally rip them in half with his bare hands. Bane is stronger than Batman and some of his most high end feats are ripping people's limbs off. Chris does that to metahumans.

#39 Posted by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@ghostravage said:

@shawnbaby said:

Yeah, that's why feats are sometimes inconsistent. I see the concrete slab toss as a pretty high end showing for Cap; not saying we should discount it or anything, just that Cap isn't going to manhandle Chris through pure strength based off that one scan. I still consider them pretty close in terms of power, Chris has always been the strong man of the RE series. Even in his rookies days of RE1 and CVX, Chris could still wrestle around with Hunters and other powerful BOWs. By the time of RE6, he can literally rip them in half with his bare hands. Bane is stronger than Batman and some of his most high end feats are ripping people's limbs off. Chris does that to metahumans.

It's extremely high end for Cap...as is the Boulder for Chris.

I would say they are around equal in strength as well...I think I actually did say that earlier on in the thread:

@nickzambuto: I would say Redfield measures up to being on par with a comic book Peak Human.

#40 Posted by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby Personally I believe Chris's best strength feat is ripping the electronic mechanism meant to keep the Ogremen's weak spots inside their bodies, in the process bodily hauling hundreds and hundreds of pounds of machinery and body mass through the monster's rock-hard flesh.

15:00 The red organ is a solid piece of body mass, so considering it's size it could weigh anywhere from hundreds of pounds to half a ton. Then there's the fact that Chris also pulled out the machine holding the organ inside the Ogreman's body. And finally, Chris shredded the beasts hide with his bare hands to pull it out. Like I mentioned, APC miniguns and mounted turrets hurt the Ogreman, but that's about it. It could also toss around tanks at the player, so it was clearly enhanced beyond just size.

#41 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the charts, iirc, Chris is actually smarter than Jill. That's just wrong.

#42 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

According to the charts, iirc, Chris is actually smarter than Jill. That's just wrong.

She'll just have to be content with moving at lightspeed. I've heard that the low INT is due to her being mind controlled but meh like everything on those grids its iffy.