#1 Posted by nickzambuto (12892 posts) - - Show Bio

Founding member of the BSAA and burden to all would-be bio-terrorists.

VS

The man who broke the bat.

ROUND 1

Chris is equipped with a Beretta M92F Handgun (full clip), a Remmington M870 Express Shotgun (7 shells), and the S&W 500 Magnum Revolver (single shot). In addition, he has his knife, and 2 green herbs.

Bane is on venom, and equipped with a bad attitude.

Fight takes place at the shipyard as seen above. Chris starts on the small ship seen next to the two red ones, Bane in the hangar as seen in the left hand corner. They are unaware of the others position, but fully informed on their enemies capabilities.

ROUND 2

Bane is off venom. A simple arm wrestle with no tricks or cheating. Jill, Claire, Batman, and Ra's al Ghul are watching.

#2 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one.

Can Chris' boulder-punching skills earn him the armwrestling win?

#3 Posted by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't Chris just take his shotgun and blow Banes face off?

Bane gets taken down by Batman regularly and he doesn't even use guns.

#4 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: No, Bane has rarely if ever been taken down by Batman.

And if all it took was a gun, Bane'd be long dead.

#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@XImpossibruX: No, Bane has rarely if ever been taken down by Batman.

And if all it took was a gun, Bane'd be long dead.

The only reason Bane isn't dead is because of Batman, no villain ever dies in Gotham when he's around.

I still fail to see how a shotgun at point blank range wouldn't blow Banes face off, his head doesn't have that durability.

#6 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: Film Freak died in Gotham. At Bane's hands.

I'm not disputing the fact that a gun would kill Bane. What I'm saying is he's too smart to not take cover. If the battlefield was an open space, Chris would win no doubt.

#7 Posted by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@XImpossibruX: Film Freak died in Gotham. At Bane's hands.

I'm not disputing the fact that a gun would kill Bane. What I'm saying is he's too smart to not take cover. If the battlefield was an open space, Chris would win no doubt.

Still think Chris takes this, Chris regularly fights in cover vs amped up Zombies, it would be an advantage to Chris if they fought in cover.

Oh and Batman beating Bane

#8 Posted by othus12 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

chris would murder bane.

#9 Posted by AlanisMorissette (80 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL! Chris beats the Mexican wrestler!

#10 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

He's from Santa Prisca.

#11 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

Other Bane gets lead in the face. 
Or Chris gets a free trip to the chiropractor. 

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (37311 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it to Bane for debate purposes.

Moderator
#13 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Double chris

I won't explain why

#14 Edited by God_Spawn (37311 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is unarmed and is given knowledge on Chris and what he is capable of. Bane would most likely assume that Chris is armed in some sort of fashion based off Chris' abilities (he figured Bruce was Batman with hardly no evidence). He is too intelligent to just run off at a guy possibly armed with various guns and a well groomed one at that. While Chris is pretty smart and well trained and might look around every corner, I don't see it being enough to overcome Bane's far superor intelligence, tactical mind and stealth opportunity advantage and he only needs one good hit on Chris to bring him down.

Round 2: Chris can punch and push a boulder? Fine. Bane rips limbs and heads off people and ripped a stone prison wall when not on venom. In the stone wall scan, yes he does have the device but was not on the drug when he did it.

.Chris gets his arm snapped.

Moderator
#15 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Well said.

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (37311 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapitolPunishment: Thank you. Good to see you back btw.

Moderator
#17 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Your welcome, you pretty much nailed it on the head with that post. Thank you, I'm happy to see your still posting strong.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

The first round is utterly ridiculous. Chris can easily dispatch of Bane with any number of weapons he possesses and all it takes is a single shot in the head. Before anyone mentions that Chris has no reaction speed, etc, he's held his own in a hand-to-hand fight with Wesker who is far faster, durable and stronger than Bane will ever be.

As for the second round, Bane has a good chance of winning even off of Venom. Chris has punched the ever living life out of the boulder in Resident Evil 5, but a singular feat that Bane has performed while off of Venom should grant him the win:

Moderator
#19 Edited by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

ITT: Bane is a random tough guy that cant dodge anything.
 
With that said,Round 1 can go either way,but Bane wins round 2 with easy.

#20 Posted by Saren (25274 posts) - - Show Bio

@kspfnapiof said:

Batman has beaten Bane ONCE in Legacy [the scan you showed] and he BARELY won...and Bane dominated a good portion of the fight. The other times their fights were inconclusive.

I wouldn't say their other fights were inconclusive. The NML fight didn't reach a conclusion but the way it was going, Batman would have eventually won.

The Legacy fight's outcome is a little cringe-worthy. Bane nearly drowned Bruce before he tapped into some inner reserve of fear and made a sudden comeback.

Moderator
#21 Posted by nickzambuto (12892 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Bane is unarmed and is given knowledge on Chris and what he is capable of. Bane would most likely assume that Chris is armed in some sort of fashion based off Chris' abilities (he figured Bruce was Batman with hardly no evidence). He is too intelligent to just run off at a guy possibly armed with various guns and a well groomed one at that. While Chris is pretty smart and well trained and might look around every corner, I don't see it being enough to overcome Bane's far superor intelligence, tactical mind and stealth opportunity advantage and he only needs one good hit on Chris to bring him down.

Round 2: Chris can punch and push a boulder? Fine. Bane rips limbs and heads off people and ripped a stone prison wall when not on venom. In the stone wall scan, yes he does have the device but was not on the drug when he did it.

.Chris gets his arm snapped.

Well, the fight takes place in broad daylight, so I don't see the 7 foot tall hulking goliath sneaking up on this soldier anytime soon.

Even if Bane does get up close, Chris has dodged hits from Wesker,

Wesker was extremely weakened in that cutscene, but he was still dodging gunfire without breaking a sweat, so Chris pretty much dodged something faster than bullets.

Meanwhile, now that Bane is all up in Chris's face, all it takes is one shotgun blast to bring him down.

I still think moving a multiton boulder is more impressive than ripping out a wall, but I'll give round 2 to Bane either way cause Bane probably is stronger.

#22 Posted by ohgodwhy (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris should win both rounds. The 2nd round would be closer but as has been stated above several times I assume, Chris's boulder feat puts him above Bane IMO.

#23 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Batman gets the drop on characters like Chris on a regular basis and he is far from being bullet proof. Bane getting the drop on Batman on a few occasions speaks volumes as to the way he uses his tactical mind in these situations. Bane being large and strong has nothing to do with the way he moves through the shadows to stalk his victims, it only comes into play when he catches said victims, which in this case is a horrible thing for Chris. He's going to get pistil whipped with his own gun them get an express trip to the nearest spinal surgeon, that's if his head didn't get caved in first.

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (37311 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

Well, the fight takes place in broad daylight, so I don't see the 7 foot tall hulking goliath sneaking up on this soldier anytime soon.
Even if Bane does get up close, Chris has dodged hits from Wesker,

There are still plenty of places to hide such as the hangar had him start in or he can go Navy Seal style and hide in the water. You gave them a ridiculously large terrain to play with and Bane is far superior to Chris in intelligence and skill. He's utilized the environment to get the drop on Tim Drake while on a train going into a tunnel by timing the dark right, jumping above and hanging all the while Tim was just reaching his hand up to turn his night vision on then Bane dropped behind him. The amount of time that would span is a few seconds at the very most and Bane performed on the fly. So Chris, while trained, is no Bane, No Batman, No Nightwing, hell he would get his ass kicked by Jason Todd, is just going to find Bane cause he is big and Chris dodged a hit from a severely weakened Wesker? I can see that as impressive but not enough. Nightwing has dodged blasts from a ticked off Starfire, people with Superman's heat vision and blocked hits from Captain Boomerang, a legit speedster himself, and Bane has defeated Grayson twice in a single page. I find no reason that Bane being smarter and the more skilled than Chris can't hide in an area with so much cover and a large enough distance all because of some sunlight.

Bane is stronger and the boulder is a sphere, it is easier to gain momentum. Bane's wall feat tops it.

Moderator
#25 Posted by nickzambuto (12892 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@nickzambuto:

Well, the fight takes place in broad daylight, so I don't see the 7 foot tall hulking goliath sneaking up on this soldier anytime soon.
Even if Bane does get up close, Chris has dodged hits from Wesker,

There are still plenty of places to hide such as the hangar had him start in or he can go Navy Seal style and hide in the water. You gave them a ridiculously large terrain to play with and Bane is far superior to Chris in intelligence and skill. He's utilized the environment to get the drop on Tim Drake while on a train going into a tunnel by timing the dark right, jumping above and hanging all the while Tim was just reaching his hand up to turn his night vision on then Bane dropped behind him. The amount of time that would span is a few seconds at the very most and Bane performed on the fly. So Chris, while trained, is no Bane, No Batman, No Nightwing, hell he would get his ass kicked by Jason Todd, is just going to find Bane cause he is big and Chris dodged a hit from a severely weakened Wesker? I can see that as impressive but not enough. Nightwing has dodged blasts from a ticked off Starfire, people with Superman's heat vision and blocked hits from Captain Boomerang, a legit speedster himself, and Bane has defeated Grayson twice in a single page. I find no reason that Bane being smarter and the more skilled than Chris can't hide in an area with so much cover and a large enough distance all because of some sunlight.

Bane is stronger and the boulder is a sphere, it is easier to gain momentum. Bane's wall feat tops it.

Chris is an extremely well conditioned soldier and takes on monsters the size of dumb trucks every other day. The example of Bane's stealth you gave required the use of darkness, something Bane doesn't have here.

Obviously now, one hit from Bane and the dude will be all over Chris before he can recover. But if Chris can dodge Wesker, who though weakened was still dodging multiple gunshots and teleporting, he won't let Bane get that one hit.

It's not Chris is just gonna be wondering while Bane sleuths up on him. He has the opportunity to take it slow as well, and since Bane has no idea where Chris is and vice versa, they're on equal footing. Hell if Chris decided to just perch himself at the ship's edge, which is where he starts, he'll have a view of the entire area and can just wait until Bane gets in sight.

And that jagged piece of rock was not a perfect sphere. It had to weigh anywhere from 5 to 10 tons.

A regular, real life man can put his hand through that wall if he's strong enough. Bane ripping it out isn't much when the material isn't that strong itself, especially considering the bars gave him a good foothold to gain leverage.

I said Bane wins round 2 though, so there's no point in arguing it.

#26 Posted by nickzambuto (12892 posts) - - Show Bio

Would either of you fine gents be up for a proper Chris vs Bane Challenge a Viner match?

#27 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Bane is unarmed and is given knowledge on Chris and what he is capable of. Bane would most likely assume that Chris is armed in some sort of fashion based off Chris' abilities (he figured Bruce was Batman with hardly no evidence). He is too intelligent to just run off at a guy possibly armed with various guns and a well groomed one at that. While Chris is pretty smart and well trained and might look around every corner, I don't see it being enough to overcome Bane's far superor intelligence, tactical mind and stealth opportunity advantage and he only needs one good hit on Chris to bring him down.

Round 2: Chris can punch and push a boulder? Fine. Bane rips limbs and heads off people and ripped a stone prison wall when not on venom. In the stone wall scan, yes he does have the device but was not on the drug when he did it.

.Chris gets his arm snapped.

I know this comment was from 3 months ago, but I've always wondered how anyone in Gotham DOESN'T realize that Batman is Bruce Wayne. I mean who else could possibly fund all the gadgets, the plane, the batmobile, the suit, the motorcycle, etc. Even if he built them from the ground up, it's still an expensive endeavor, I mean it's a freaking BATJET. You know who owns jets? Rich people!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#28 Posted by Wolfrazer (6035 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay:  Because people in the comic universe are stupid. I mean look at Superman, his identity is just a pair of glasses and a suit.
Online
#29 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Gotham still under the impression that Batman is an urban legend? I'm genuinely asking.

#30 Posted by Outside_85 (8124 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Bane picks up a rock or other handsized and slightly heavy object, because he has a brain and doesn't walk around to get himself shot (he's not Nemesis for crying out loud), he then finds himself a place to wait for Chris. When Mr. Redfield comes into range, Bane throws his object and breaks something Chris shaped.

Round 2: Bane breaks Chris' hand before he breaks his arm. Jill and Claire can comfort him after the loss.

#31 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Slightly off-topic, but don't bullets usually job in comics? I've seen Bane get shot at and he dove for cover. Also, why is Bane any different from a human member of the bat-family in that shooting him seems like the obvious solution but no one has succeeded? I'm being serious here. Had this been batgirl it would have been unanimous that Chris doesn't have an easy shot that he realistically would.

#32 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@Floopay: Because people in the comic universe are stupid. I mean look at Superman, his identity is just a pair of glasses and a suit.

Agreed. I really wish somebody in a comic book would actually have their identify discovered.

WHAT!? PETER PARKER IS SPIDERMAN!? I always just ASSUMED that villains specifically targeted his family members and loved ones for no apparent reason. I'm SHOCKED! BAFFLED! BEFUDDLED! FLABBERGASTED!

I mean come on! At some point you'd think someone would put two and two together!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#33 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Rocket would have a field day in Metropolis.

#34 Posted by jashro44 (19584 posts) - - Show Bio

The underestimation of bane in this thread is disturbing...

#35 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by wildvine (8333 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is more then a powerhouse. He is very smart and in an area where he could maneuver and set traps, he would have an advantage.

Online
#37 Posted by Joygirl (18488 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris, like most RE characters, is going to go down hard when faced against a high-tier comic street leveler. Bane is stronger and more intelligent, and uses both of those things to their best potential in combat situations. Chris punched a boulder? Bane bent thick steel bars -- off venom. Not to mention that the venom will not only increase his strength, but also amp his durability in huge amounts, on top of the fact that he is near-bulletproof without it. Then, add on all of his cold, calculating ruthlessness and savagery, and his technique, and this win should be mildly challenging at best.

Online
#38 Edited by Wolfrazer (6035 posts) - - Show Bio

Now wait a second, why does Bane need venom if he can do all the stuff he can do while off it? Wouldn't this make him low superhuman level and not a street leveler? I find Bane having venom while he can already do great things off of it, just to be a waste really.

Online
#39 Edited by Joygirl (18488 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#40 Edited by dondave (34372 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane

#41 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

lol at the fanboys thinking Bane can tank a shotgun blast to the face while punches still hurt the guy,

#42 Edited by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

I would actually lean towards Chris on this. Due to his physical conditioning, he was taking shots (held back, granted) from Albert Wesker and still managed to get back to his feet to still try and fight. He basically, in my opinion, had the edge over Leon S. Kennedy in their exchange due to his raw power and skills. He's killed fiercely powerful B.O.W.'s, has a will of steel, and virtually has little to no fear when it comes to who he's up against.

#43 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

I would actually lean towards Chris on this. Due to his physical conditioning, he was taking shots (held back, granted) from Albert Wesker and still managed to get back to his feet to still try and fight. He basically, in my opinion, had the edge over Leon S. Kennedy in their exchange due to his raw power and skills. He's killed fiercely powerful B.O.W.'s, has a will of steel, and virtually has little to no fear when it comes to who he's up against.

Don't forget in RE6 he actually managed to break HAOS's grip several times and that things size is incredible.

#44 Posted by God_Spawn (37311 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

The underestimation of bane in this thread is disturbing...

8 months later.

Moderator
#45 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

He's more overrated than underestimated &

#46 Posted by jashro44 (19584 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

The underestimation of bane in this thread is disturbing...

8 months later.

I guess somethings never change...

He's more overrated than underestimated &

He is overrated in a few threads but in this one he isn't. Bane has shown the ability to role around batmans batarangs. Batman is a far better marksman then Chris, all though he is using throwing weapons batmans reflexes are faster then Chris (therefore he would likely out do Chris in a quick draw), meaning that bane is likely capable of aim dodging from Chris. Bane even off venom has tanked a low caliber bullet to the arm, in this scenario he is on venom which increases his physicals further. Sure he isn't taking a shot gun but unless Chris shoots him in the head Bane can take a few shots from his lower caliber weapons assuming Chris can shoot Bane. To add to this Bane has great stealth. He has been able to get the drop on Tim Drake and IIRC he followed batman while undetected.

#47 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@god_spawn said:

@jashro44 said:

The underestimation of bane in this thread is disturbing...

8 months later.

I guess somethings never change...

@_cerberus_ said:

He's more overrated than underestimated &

He is overrated in a few threads but in this one he isn't. Bane has shown the ability to role around batmans batarangs. (Batman is a far better marksman then Chris), all though he is using throwing weapons batmans reflexes are faster then Chris (therefore he would likely out do Chris in a quick draw), (meaning that bane is likely capable of aim dodging from Chris). Bane even off venom has tanked a low caliber bullet to the arm, in this scenario he is on venom which increases his physicals further. Sure he isn't taking a shot gun but unless (Chris shoots him in the head Bane can take a few shots from his lower caliber weapons assuming Chris can shoot Bane) (To add to this Bane has great stealth. He has been able to get the drop on Tim Drake and IIRC he followed batman while undetected.)

1. Not in guns no freakin way besides this is Bane not Batman if you use ABC logic than Chris would stomp Batman because Albert would stomp Batman :/

2. lol no, I don't care what amount of comic PIS you want Bane is not going to doge shots from an expert marksman like Chris

3. Considering he could keep up with Wesker Bane will be the one struggling not to get killed.

4. Obviously PIS, The Joker has managed to get the drop on Batman so that point is null besides it's not like he snuck up on Batman in broad daylight that seven foot big ass is going to get seen by Chris before Bane sees Chris.

#48 Posted by God_Spawn (37311 posts) - - Show Bio

So much..out of context.

Moderator
#49 Posted by jashro44 (19584 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_:

1. Not in guns no freakin way besides this is Bane not Batman if you use ABC logic than Chris would stomp Batman because Albert would stomp Batman :/

Chris gets stomped by Wesker who is just toying with Chris. He doesn't do well against Wesker....Where as Bane has several fights with batman where he gives batman very tough fights. And Batman is the better marksmen period. If you want to compare feats we can.

2. lol no, I don't care what amount of comic PIS you want Bane is not going to doge shots from an expert marksman like Chris

Even though he has dodged projectiles from far suepioer marksmen?

3. Considering he could keep up with Wesker Bane will be the one struggling not to get killed.

Chris doesn't keep up with Wesker at all. Wesker blitzes Chris at speeds so fast Chris can't even see Wesker. And he is toying with Chris the entire time.

4. Obviously PIS, The Joker has managed to get the drop on Batman so that point is null besides it's not like he snuck up on Batman in broad daylight that seven foot big ass is going to get seen by Chris before Bane sees Chris.

Joker has also sneaked into Gotham police station and killed 6 police officers using stealth. So its not like Joker isn't stealthy either. And its actually not PIS. This was one of Bane earliest showings. He is just that stealthy.