Chris Redfield Runs a Gauntlet (please read rules)

Zazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zazam
No Caption Provided

Residential Resident Evil badass. The man, the legend himself: Chris Redfield.

The gauntlet will be divided into three separate sections based off three separate mediums, please give your opinion on all three. The rules are:

1. Chris is fully healed and restored between each gauntlet, but not after each fight. He must complete each of the three gauntlets on one health bar each, so to speak, with no re-supply of ammo or items, and only 1 minute of respite in between each fight.
  2. Specific equipment is detailed in each match.
  3. Everybody is in-character and morals on.
  4. The gauntlet is designed to have unique challenges in every round, not to simply escalate from 'easy' to 'impossible' as most gauntlets do, so keep that in mind and give an opinion on each fight.

Gauntlet 1: Chris vs Live-Action.

The following gauntlet is Chris pitted against an assortment of characters from live-action media. Any tie-in comics, games, or whatever CAN be taken into account so long as they are 1) canon 2) not inconsistent in terms of the characters' abilities. However, alternate universes (I.E. the comic book version of Black Widow vs the MCU Black Widow) can NOT be used.

• Round 1 - Sidekicks with heat.

John Diggle and Hit-Girl have been coerced by SHIELD into taking on an important mission for them led by agent Natasha Romanov AKA Black Widow. The mission is to terminate a rogue soldier named Chris Redfield. Unbeknownst to them, this mission is actually coming from HYDRA who is looking to get rid of Chris so that he can no longer interfere in their plans to take over the world using bio-organic weapons.

While driving his car through the city Chris's tires get shot out and he quickly jumps outside and behind cover, drawing his pistol and knife with two extra clips. He looks over and spots three armed attackers on the opposite end of the street. Who wins?

• Round 2 - Yellow and Green.

If Chris survives that battle, he'll find himself low on ammo; his handgun is loaded but with no extra clips, and his knife is gone. Luckily for HYDRA, they knew Redfield's abilities well and didn't actually plan on killing him with the previous team, rather they were meant simply to wear him down. Now the real guns show up, however, they're not using any guns -- Beatrix Kiddo, AKA The Bride, coerced into fighting Chris under the presumption that he can lead her to Bill (more of HYDRA's lies obviously). At the same time, Oliver Queen AKA The Arrow shows up and sees his partner Diggle is dead, with the killer standing on the opposite end of the street, pointing his gun at a katana-wielding bride. They quickly decide to work together to try and take this guy down.

• Round 3 - Muscle and steel vs muscle and more steel.
No Caption Provided

If even that combination wasn't enough to defeat the legendary Chris Redfield, HYDRA will have no choice but to bring out their last resort: The Winter Soldier. Unfortunately, on such short notice they were unable to properly arm him, and Bucky runs in challenging Chris wielding nothing but a knife, no firearms (although he obviously has his metal arm). Chris himself has realized he has no ammo left, so he quickly holsters his handgun and secures a new knife from The Bride's corpse and gets into his combat stance, ready to face the final opponent.

• BONUS ROUND!

Instead of The Arrow confronting The Flash, Chris comes out of nowhere and decides to handle things himself. This is separate from the above matches, Chris is fully healed and re-stocked. Assume Chris has watched all Flash episodes up to this point and Barry has played the Resident Evil games. Chris is also fully armed with video game storage space.

Gauntlet 1: Chris vs Video Games.

The following gauntlet is Chris pitted against an assortment of characters from video game media. Any tie-in comics, animation, or whatever CAN be taken into account so long as they are 1) canon 2) not inconsistent in terms of the characters' abilities. However, alternate universes (I.E. the Arkham games Batman vs comic book Batman) can NOT be used.

• Round 1 - GTA mothaf#cka.

After finishing up a mission in Detroit (because Detroit is the only place in the U.S. where you're viable to actually find BOWs running around) the door to Chris's military jeep is suddenly flung open, and before he can realize this is actually happening, Trevor, Niko, and CJ have absconded with his vehicle while he's left licking pavement. Angrily, Chris rises to his feet and hops onto the gun turret of another jeep in his squad while the soldier driving takes off. Chris and his soldier give chase (the windshield is bullet proof so the soldier can't be taken out and ruin Chris's mission, however Chris himself is exposed) with Chris blasting at the criminals using the gun turret. In response, Trevor hops onto his own gun turret and fires back while Niko drives the jeep and tries to elude them, and CJ leans out the window to shoot drive-by style. Can Chris take these criminals out before they manage to escape?

• Round 2 - Ninja and Assassin.

Unbeknownst to Chris, during his angry car chase with the GTA squad, his jeep accidentally clipped Raiden and Ezio, who were out eating ice cream and discussing samurai philosophy. The jeep narrowly missed Raiden, but snatched the H/F Blade off his back and knocked it into a nearby ravine. Now Raiden and Ezio have tracked Chris down and seek their vengeance. The two are completely unarmed besides Ezio's hidden blade, so they decide to take the stealthy approach. Chris meanwhile senses someone is nearby, and draws his handgun to investigate. Ezio and Raiden are stalking across the rooftops, looking for their opening.

• Round 3 - Tick Tock.

As Chris stands over the defeated bodies of Raiden and Ezio, he hears a nearby manhole begin rumbling. Suddenly, the Killer Croc bursts out onto the streets, muttering that there is too much noise up here and he wants to eat the man who's causing it. Chris quickly makes his way back over to the jeep and takes stock; he arms himself with grenades, an assault rifle, land mines, and a sidearm, and begins to battle the new BOW.

• BONUS ROUND!
No Caption Provided

Oh yeah, that's right. Even for a professional BOW hunter like Chris, the King Koopa Bowser himself is still something else. But to save Princess Valentine from his clutches, he'll do anything. And so, Chris goes through all his resources and secures whatever weaponry he needs, taking 24 hours to prepare, and then raids Bowser's castle. The castle is guarded by dozens of goombas and Koopa Troopas with Bowser himself at the lava pit in the back. Can Chris Redfield take on the strongest BOW yet?

Gauntlet 1: Chris vs Comics.

The following gauntlet is Chris pitted against an assortment of characters from comic book media. Mainstream versions only.

• Round 1 - You should stick to fighting ZOMBIES!
No Caption Provided

After the death of Albert Wesker, the BSAA digs up some new information revealing that Ra's al Ghul has been working with the ex-S.T.A.R.S. captain all along. Apparently their plans to 'purify' the Earth were similar enough that they found it mutually beneficial to work together, for awhile at least. With Wesker gone, only one biological development threat remains: Ra's al Ghul. Together with a squad of agents, Chris is able to storm the LoA HQ and meet up with Ra's, however, it came at a price. Chris's closest friends are now lying on the ground, not dead but close to it, with him facing down the demon's head and 10 of his assassins alone (as pictured). Motivated to save his team in time, Chris begins to fight. He is fully equipped with video game storage space. The battle is in Ra's al Ghul's chambers; very wide with little furnishings.

• Round 2 - Fat man.
No Caption Provided

Surrounded by the bodies of nearly a dozen assassins, Chris Redfield heaves a heavy sigh as he drops his weapon, now totally empty. Suddenly from the shadows steps a third partner of Albert Wesker, unknown even to Chris himself - Wilson Fisk. Fisk reasons that he can now defeat Chris on his own, now that they are limited to close quarters combat. Not about to give up, Chris unsheathes his knife and attacks.

• Round 3 - The bodyguards.

Just when Chris finally thinks his ordeal is over, his final challengers enter the room - David Cain and Bullseye. Chris thinks its all over for him as David raises a handgun to Chris's head, but in his drunken stupor, the father of Cassandra Cain trips over Ra's al Ghul's body and the loaded gun goes flying into Chris's hands. He can't believe his luck. Meanwhile Bullseye slaps David for being such a drunk idiot, and David immediately snaps out of his daze. However Bullseye was too distracted to stop Chris from shooting away his deck of cards. Now David and Bullseye are both unarmed. Chris isn't about to waste this opportunity, as he sheathes his knife and aims the gun at their hearts.

• BONUS ROUND!
No Caption Provided

Just for lulz. The question here is how long could Chris possibly last against the Hulk? Is the not-so jolly green giant going to relive his not-so-fun memory of fighting Captain America? Or will Chris be smashed with ease?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Props on the OP

Stops at 2 in Live Action

No comment on Video games

Stops at Ra's

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was ridiculously well written.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MonsterStomp

You gave him some pretty intense matchups here.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Did not see the comment I suspected to see. Is this going to acknowledge Redfield's boulder punching? Besides that, nice simulations.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Princess Valentine... This thread wins for that alone.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zazam: Props Tou you man. Srsly. Congrats on a well done thread. I also made a great thread once. A lot people said that I put a lot of effort into that Thread and I was dammn proud of it. Even some said that that Thread was one of the best they had seen on Comic vine. Butt this Thread beats it. Its infinite leaugues above the one I did. This is real effort and dedication you put to this. If I could review threads I would give your a 10/10. Srlsy!!!!! Good one!! Good one!!!! *criea * it's so beautiful!!!!

OK...to the the actual subject at hand.

In live action he stops at the winter Soldier.

In Gaming he stops with Raiden and Ezio. You put him agasint MGR Raiden.....or MGS. Butt Raiden was already above peak human and was a bullet timer in MGS. So Chris stops there.

In comics he clears.

Butt the bonus rounds he gets murderd.

Cool Thread Bro. I'm gonna have to best this....as soon as I get my PC.

Zazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zazam
Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumps and lumps.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how gauntlets should be. Each match providing a unique and debatable challenge, not the first half being obvious wins, and the latter matches being impossible, with only a few in the middle actually being debatable. Shame the OP didn't put all this effort into a Spider-Man or Deathstroke thread, then it would have reached 50 pages instead of 5 posts.

I'll break each gauntlet down individually as per OP's instructions, maybe we can get a debate going.

Gauntlet 1: Chris vs Live-Action.

• Round 1 - Sidekicks with heat.

While Chris outmatches Mindy, Diggle, and Widow one at a time quite decisively, the challenge here comes from having three good (but not great) guns aiming for him simultaneously, while he is pinned down and alone. However I believe his general superiority to all three is at a big enough gap that he can win, without an overwhelming amount of difficulty. Chris's draw speed is fantastic, so he can probably just pop out of cover and take out Widow and Diggle before they're able to react. Widow is smart, but going by the OP's scenario, she won't have any time to run away and try something a bit more sneaky before Chris retaliates and just shoots her. Hit-Girl is the problem since she's a bullet timer, however she's not so fast that Chris can't shoot her after a couple tries. He's tagged faster targets, and if I recall correctly Mindy HAS been shot a few times during the movies by canon fodder. So the battle will likely only last a couple seconds; after Chris jumps out of his car and ducks behind cover, he'll quickly pop out to retaliate and fire three bullets at each of his opponents' heads. IF one of them manages to return fire, Chris can dodge, it's a little known fact but he IS a bullet timer. Meanwhile Dig and Widow have no chance to dodge, leaving Chris and Mindy, in which Chris has the obvious advantage. I don't even think he'd be reduced to only one clip as the next scenario states, but I'll roll with it.

As bad as Kiddo is, I don't think she's a bullet timer. What's to stop Chris from just shooting her and then defeating The Arrow in one-on-one? If the team reacts quick enough, then I guess Oliver could provide cover fire while Beatrix closes the distance, but it's not as if Chris isn't a professional tactician himself. He can counter any strategy Oliver comes up with, plus I'm not entirely convinced Beatrix could beat Chris at close quarters anyway. His lack of weaponry is what keeps him from taking an easy victory, but I'm confident Chris could still win.

Then there's Bucky. I'm gonna be the odd one and say Chris wins. Physically, I don't really see much of a difference between the two. They're both equally fast and strong based on feats, the only difference is that Chris's fighting style puts a heavier focus on strength whereas Bucky's puts a heavier focus on speed. But I think that their respective feats even each other out. This will come down to skill, and I believe Chris is superior. Some people mistake Chris's heavy, brawl-ly esque fighting style as a lack of skill, but that is false. You don't need to be agile and do lots of back flips to be skilled, Chris's main strength has always been his strength, so it makes sense that his fighting style would revolve around power rather than speed. That means lots of holds, grapples, and haymakers rather than flips and parries. And it's effective. Chris fought Leon Kennedy to a complete standstill using this brawler-type fighting style, and Leon is easily a better fighter than anybody Bucky has taken on, the list of which starts and ends with Captain America.

I'll come back and go over the other gauntlets in a little bit.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers