Chris Cornell vs Kurt Cobain

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jayfournines

Both in their musical prime. Who screamed better, who would win in fisticuffs, who had the better band?

DISCUSS!

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Baldy

Soundgarden > Nirvana

Mumbling for the loss.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Batking200

kurt cobain

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'll choose Cobain if someone can explain to me WTF the song, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is about.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jayfournines

@Vance Astro said:

I'll choose Cobain if someone can explain to me WTF the song, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is about.

...sadly...I can...it's about an mulatto mosquito (who happens to also be an albino) sucking blood from his libido?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Cobain.

On an unrelated note, Justin Bieber claims to be the Kurt Cobain of his generation... anybody's feels about that?

@Jayfournines said:

@Vance Astro said:

...sadly...I can...it's about an mulatto mosquito (who happens to also be an albino) sucking blood from his libido?

lol

That's why I listen to pearl jam, better lyrics that generally make more sense overall. And Pink Floyd as well.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayfournines

@ChaosBlazer said:

Cobain.

On an unrelated note, Justin Bieber claims to be the Kurt Cobain of his generation... anybody's feels about that?

@Jayfournines said:

@Vance Astro said:

lol

That's why I listen to pearl jam, better lyrics that generally make more sense overall. And Pink Floyd as well.

....i'll wait until JB to take a shotgun to his face and come full circle.

Pearl Jam is indeed awesome, but I have yet to understand what the hell Yellow Ledbetter is about

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Jayfournines: yep lol. something about a bag, a box and a beach. thats all I know lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jayfournines said:

@Vance Astro said:

NVM I just looked it up. Apparently this gibberish is alot more involved than I thought. Apparently the song is supposed to be one big joke. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@ChaosBlazer said:

Justin Bieber claims to be the Kurt Cobain of his generation... anybody's feels about that?

Not even close.
Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jayfournines

@ChaosBlazer said:

@Jayfournines: yep lol. something about a bag, a box and a beach. thats all I know lol

I thought it was about something unsealed, a porch and whatnot haha

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayfournines

@Vance Astro said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Vance Astro said:

NVM I just looked it up. Apparently this gibberish is alot more involved than I thought. Apparently the song is supposed to be one big joke.

Supposedly Kurt had sex with some chick before he was famous, and some other chick wrote on the wall that he 'smelled like teen spirit' (referencing some lady deodorant) but he thought it was an awesome cultural revolution or something. Much later he found out that he titled his break out song after a deodorant.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MAZAHS117

VERY few artist had a voice as powerful as Chris Cornell in rock during his prime, so I give Cornell the edge in the vocal category, in a fight I would take him over Cobain as well....The better band is Nirvana tho!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jayfournines said:

Supposedly Kurt had sex with some chick before he was famous, and some other chick wrote on the wall that he 'smelled like teen spirit' (referencing some lady deodorant) but he thought it was an awesome cultural revolution or something. Much later he found out that he titled his break out song after a deodorant.

Yup, LOL @ how he came up with the title.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jorgevy

@ChaosBlazer said:

Cobain.

@Jayfournines said:

@Vance Astro said:

lol

well if he ends up shooting himself, maybe...

also, incredible how you just mentioned two bands I don't care about in a single sentence. that's hard to do

and on topic... Hmm, Nirvana is good, Soundgarden is probably good too, I've only listened to their new song in the Avengers track. But my favorite is probably Bush

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Jorgevy: you don't like Pink Floyd or Pearl Jam?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Cornell. Better voice, better looking, didn't rage quit. Kurt Cobain was a tool.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jorgevy

@ChaosBlazer: nope. but im used to having those reactions from people when I say it, so it's okay

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Vance Astro said:

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Jorgevy said:

@ChaosBlazer: nope. but im used to having those reactions from people when I say it, so it's okay

meh whatever. I dont really care if somebody else likes them or not. I just think they're both awesome.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurt.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jeanroygrant said:

@Vance Astro said:

See below... 

@Vance Astro said:
@Jayfournines said:

@Vance Astro
said:
Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jayfournines

@Jorgevy said:

that's okay, I don't like Led Zepellin and people freak out when I point that out

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jorgevy

@ChaosBlazer: some of my friends do as well, and they think me strange for not agreeing xD

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@Jayfournines said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

Cobain.

@Jayfournines said:

@Vance Astro said:

lol

....i'll wait until JB to take a shotgun to his face and come full circle.

Dying laughing

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jorgevy

@Jayfournines: OOOOH MY GOOOOD YOU DONT LIKE LED ZEPELLIN?!?!? YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC SUCK!!!

in all seriousness, I like them but they are hardly anywhere near my favorites. But I know a few people who would hurt someone for saying they don't like this or that, specially when it comes to the likes of Led Zeppelling, Pink Floyd, Beatles, etc....

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Vance Astro said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Vance Astro said:

See below...

@Vance Astro said:
@Jayfournines said:

@Vance Astro said:

LOL.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28  Edited By owie  Moderator

Stomp in favor of Cobain. Soundgarden isn't anywhere near the league of Nirvana, and the same goes for their respective frontmen. The difference is between a moderately talented band that occasionally managed to sound like a slightly better version of everyone else in Seattle, and a band that revolutionized the use of pop/punk/metal song dynamics and featured some of the best and most poetic lyrics in pop. Pearl Jam was Nirvana's only true competition (in terms of artistic quality) from the Seattle scene, at least among those that got national airplay.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#29  Edited By Xanni15

@ChaosBlazer said:

Cobain.

The Biebs should set his sights higher, Cobain is beneath him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurt Cobain

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Owie said:

Stomp in favor of Cobain. Soundgarden isn't anywhere near the league of Nirvana, and the same goes for their respective frontmen. The difference is between a moderately talented band that occasionally managed to sound like a slightly better version of everyone else in Seattle, and a band that revolutionized the use of pop/punk/metal song dynamics and featured some of the best and most poetic lyrics in pop. Pearl Jam was Nirvana's only true competition (in terms of artistic quality) from the Seattle scene, at least among those that got national airplay.

dude....totally agreed... Nirvana and Pearl Jam for the win!

@Xanni15 said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

Cobain.

The Biebs should set his sights higher, Cobain is beneath him.

true that