Bump...?

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Stormdriven

That Winter Soldier artwork is legit. I'll say Team 2 scrapes by with a win. Both Chris and Leon have comparable skill to the MCU team, and Chris is the strongest one here. But I would say Cap and Bucky are still slightly faster, as well as having more dangerous standard equipment to start off with. Chris, Leon, and Bucky are around the same level with accuracy, so Chris and Leon will be able to keep Cap at a distance, while getting shots off at Bucky. But once it gets in close, the MCU team has more than enough of a speed advantage for Bucky to beat Leon, and Cap to stall Chris. Cap will also get more hits in on Chris, since Chris tends to fight with more of a brawler style, and Cap has his shield to tank Chris' punches, as well as deal blows somewhat comparable to Wesker.

SSJGODRED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say team 2, they fairly outclass team 1 in almost every way. I'd play devils advocate and say team 1 cause Chris defeated wesker but its pretty obvious that wesker was holding back he had many opportunities to take out chris

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap solos

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stormdriven
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The super soldiers

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven said:

That Winter Soldier artwork is legit. I'll say Team 2 scrapes by with a win. Both Chris and Leon have comparable skill to the MCU team, and Chris is the strongest one here. But I would say Cap and Bucky are still slightly faster, as well as having more dangerous standard equipment to start off with. Chris, Leon, and Bucky are around the same level with accuracy, so Chris and Leon will be able to keep Cap at a distance, while getting shots off at Bucky. But once it gets in close, the MCU team has more than enough of a speed advantage for Bucky to beat Leon, and Cap to stall Chris. Cap will also get more hits in on Chris, since Chris tends to fight with more of a brawler style, and Cap has his shield to tank Chris' punches, as well as deal blows somewhat comparable to Wesker.

Leon is almost as strong as Chris and is the fastest and most agile one here. Leon is also the most skilled one here. Chris is able to keep up with Leon agility and speed wise. He also defended himself pretty well from Leon's attacks and stalemated him, so he's hardly just a brawler. And no, Cap doesn't hit as hard as Wesker.

Leon could just block and counter most of their attacks, if not all.

@mjolnirson said:

Cap solos

You can't be serious.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet battle, I'll go the other way and say team 1 scrapes the win.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stormdriven

@alessandro_souzamarques: Did we watch the same fight? Yes they stalemated, but Chris had Leon easily in strength. They aren't comparable. And Leon is definitely not the fastest, or the most skilled.

Chris was actually not able to keep up speed wise with Leon. And if you had watched the fight, Chris used a lot of grapples. So yes, he is a brawler.

Sorry, Leon is not countering all of their attacks. I have no idea how you could possibly fathom that happening.

Edit: I forgot to clarify; Cap with his shield can deal hits comparable to Wesker, since it amplifies his damage output.

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven said:

@alessandro_souzamarques: Did we watch the same fight? Yes they stalemated, but Chris had Leon easily in strength. They aren't comparable. And Leon is definitely not the fastest, or the most skilled.

Chris was actually not able to keep up speed wise with Leon. And if you had watched the fight, Chris used a lot of grapples. So yes, he is a brawler.

Sorry, Leon is not countering all of their attacks. I have no idea how you could possibly fathom that happening.

Edit: I forgot to clarify; Cap with his shield can deal hits comparable to Wesker, since it amplifies his damage output.

I could ask you the same question.

Loading Video...

0:28 - Leon forces Chris's hand down putting his gun back into the holster. He basically overpowered Chris here.

0:32 - blocks a back hand (despite having a lot of momentum behind it), then several knee strikes.

0:37 - stops Chris's tackle and forces him down to his knees.

0:40 - reverses Chris's hold.

It's pretty clear that Leon's strength is comparable to Chris's. And please, don't say Chris had Leon in strength just because Chris threw him away with a Judo technique. You don't need to be stronger than someone to use a Judo throw on them.

Leon is actually above them in almost every stats. Not only is Leon a bullet timer, but he can also blitz bullet timers like Krauser, Ada or even a Licker.

Leon dodges bullet from a machine gun after they were fired by Buddy. Buddy was about 2 meters away from Leon.

No Caption Provided

Dodges more bullets from machine guns fired by half a dozen of special agents.

No Caption Provided

Do you even know the definition of brawler?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brawler

Chris dodged, blocked and countered every single attack, same as Leon. How was he fighting like a brawler again? Using grapples =/= being a brawler.

Yes, Leon can just block, dodge most if not all of their attacks. Just like he did against Chris or Svetlana.

Despite Svetlana taking advantage of the element of surprise, since Leon thought she was an ordinary civilian and the fact Leon's fighting style was severely limited to trying to keep close to Svetlana and subdue her so her guards wouldn't shoot him, he still stalemated her, blocked and countered everything she got. Left no choice, she had to try to keep distance from him so her men could shoot him.

Loading Video...

As you can see Leon was all over Svetlana, moving faster than Cap and Bucky were both shown to be able to.

Again no, with or without his shield, Cap doesn't hit as hard as Wesker

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alessandro_souzamarques: Really? So Leon is strong enough to do this?

Loading Video...

As I remember it, Leon had help to move a boulder around this size. Chris does it himself here. So Chris is obviously much stronger.

Chris is a brawler. How? Look at how he fought Leon. You pretty much proved me right by providing a definition: "A brawler will rarely attempt to dodge a blow, preferring to take the hit for one of several reasons: To intimidate, to give them a better chance at grabbing;have little to no finesse, but often make up for this somewhat due to experience and caginess." He also took many of the hits Leon was throwing. Is Chris skilled? Yes. Did he show it in this fight? Certainly not. Leon utilized kicks and escapes to create distance. Chris closed the distance to put Leon in holds. As for Leon stopping Chris' tackle, he used his own momentum to swing him around to put him off balance, common in most martial arts. Chris is definitely stronger though.

Leon's a bullet timer? He can join the crowd then.

Did I say Leon was unskilled? Not. Even. Once. I actually said they were comparable in skill, which they are.

Cap can deal those kinds of hits. He easily sends average sized men and Chitauri flying with his blows. When he fights Batroc, he isn't even hitting his hardest.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Yes, Leon had help from Helena when he moved that boulder, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to move it alone. If you are using Coop mechanics, you can't even see to open a door without Helena. It's clear that Chris, although he did move the boulder alone, exerted himself far more than Leon. Seriously, it took him 15 seconds to start moving it. Also that boulder Chris pushed was rounded, meaning he only needed to push it enough to make it roll, once it started rolling he didn't need to push it anymore, while Leon, in the other hand, had to push the boulder till the edge of that abyss because it had an irregular form. So yeah, that hardly proves "Chris is much stronger".

1:12 - pushing boulder.

Loading Video...

Another showing of strength:

7:30 - opens and holds open a thirty/forty feet giant shark

Actually it proves you wrong, especially those parts you highlighted. Chris took many hits from Leon? LOL. It becomes more and more clear that you aren't paying attention to the video. Again, Chris dodged, blocked and countered every single attack. And Leon didn't kicked Chris to escape and create distance. I don't know what you're talking about.

Loading Video...

0:31 - dodges a kick.

0:35 - blocks a elbow strike then dodges a back hand punch.

0:39 - blocks another elbow strike, counters it with an arm lock.

0:42 - defends himself from Leon grabbing him, with a Judo throw.

Yeah, Chris ISN'T A BRAWLER.

What you said about Leon only using Chris own momentum against him. That would be true, if Leon did actually get out of the way of Chris tackle to be able to use his full momentum. But no, Leon got tackled and stood his ground.

This GIF should be enough prove that Leon is at least comparable to Chris in strength:

No Caption Provided

Forcing Chris's hand down, putting his gun back into the holster.

Leon can join the crowd. Cap and Bucky can't.

Did I say you said Leon is unskilled? Not even once.

What I did say was that Leon is more skilled than Cap and Bucky. Leon was practically untouched in 99,9% of his fights. Fighting against people either faster and stronger than him or just as skilled. Dodging, blocking and countering all attacks.

Cap and Bucky, who are equal in skill and comparable in stats were constantly landing punches and kicks on each other. Even Batroc did land a few kicks on Cap.

Cap sends average sized men flying a few feet away with his shield? How is this supposed to compare with Wesker again?

Wesker easily sends a big guy like Chris flying through a reinforced steel door with enough force to put a hole in it. While holding back and toying around, should I add.

No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alessandro_souzamarques: Let me just say that I am immensely enjoying your arguments for Leon, it's so terribly rare to find devoted Resident Evil debaters.

Zazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zazam

@stormdriven: Actually a file in umbrella chronicles states that Chris was trained very rigorously in hand-to-hand and knife combat in the Air Force and also in umbrella chronicles he killed a crimson head in close quarters with a few precise knife slashes so he's actually very skilled. Even his fights against Wesker show how skilled he is because even though Chris is getting his ass kicked most of the time he always comes back with stronger and stronger techniques, if you pay attention to Chris instead of Wesker in those scenes you'll see him doing impressive kicks and even taking advantage of the momentum Wesker's hits inflict to power his own. Just because Chris uses a lot of grapples that doesn't make him unskilled, that's just his particular fighting style, and it shows to be very effective since he was able to counter all of Leon's attacks and didn't get hit once. True Chris doesn't have very many h2h feats but he doesn't need them because we can just use Leon as a measuring stick, and Leon's h2h feats are definitely equal to Captain America's in the second movie.

And hand-to-hand isn't even Chris or Leon's style so I doubt either would try it anyway, they'll just shoot Cap and Bucky since Cap isn't a bullet timer and Bucky has never faced marksman as skilled as Chris and Leon.

EzioRenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Pls. make a note of this

Leon received a tyrant's punch all over his body(way bigger than his body)

Chris is a marksman

Leon could plan how to lure the two on the bait and Chris could snipe them out.

the one whom got the most brains wins

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nickzambuto: Ditto, I don't wanna post anything because I'm enjoying Reading All this.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By tparks
Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that cap and bucky take it, and with ease at that, can't beat that shield.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh goody another video game team vs. comic book team, wonder who will get majority of votes....

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh goody another video game team vs. comic book team, wonder who will get majority of votes....

Technically its a video game team vs movie team since the movie versions are being used.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain A and Bucky seem more equipped here so I guess them. Leon and Chris just have few pistols, knives? Now if Nemesis or someone were used here, I'd probably sway the RE team.

@jashro44 said:

@vaeternus said:

Technically its a video game team vs movie team since the movie versions are being used.

Well, similar difference lol but you know what I mean I'm sure. Was referring more so to the character's origins.

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly is a bullet timer again?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alessandro_souzamarques: Can't happen, the universe barely survived 30 seconds of those two brawling. A true fight would awesomeness us all to oblivion!

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DatSwampertAzz
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you realistically analyze a feat, it's when a person is capable of easily staying ahead of another person's aim with firearms. So, someone with extremely good reflexes.

In comicvine, people seem to be under the impressions that all of their favorite characters move Mach 5 and are faster than bullets, and assume because someone can dodge a bullet, they must therefore be faster than a bullet.

I always refer to the former, but many refer to the later when they post bullet timer (though 99% of the time it's a false claim).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Wolverine008

Someone capable of directly evading a bullet after is has been fired, not the aim. Like so:

No Caption Provided

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@twix_right_side said:

If you realistically analyze a feat, it's when a person is capable of easily staying ahead of another person's aim with firearms. So, someone with extremely good reflexes.

In comicvine, people seem to be under the impressions that all of their favorite characters move Mach 5 and are faster than bullets, and assume because someone can dodge a bullet, they must therefore be faster than a bullet.

I always refer to the former, but many refer to the later when they post bullet timer (though 99% of the time it's a false claim).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Wouldn't that be trajectory dodging (the former)?

I mean,I can understand if people call Cassandra Cain/Captain America/Wolverine/Spider-man/Midnighter the latter,but wouldn't the former be aim dodging?

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@twix_right_side said:

Someone capable of directly evading a bullet after is has been fired, not the aim. Like so:

No Caption Provided

If that's the case,I wouldn't really call Leon a bullet timer. I mean,I know that he can dodge bullets,but I am not sure....if I would exactly call him that.

But idk,I have to see/read more on him.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: It's 100% aim dodging. The problem is people think that because someone is firing a gun before the other guy starts moving, that automatically means the second character dodged the first bullets before they hit him, when more than likely that just means the shooter's first bullet's trajectory was off to begin with.

However, people on CV aren't always willing to admit that Cassandra Cain or Frank Castle aren't supersonic, so debates get kinda colorful after awhile.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: 100% aim dodging?

No Caption Provided

You can clearly see that at least some of those bullets would most certainly hit Leon if he didn't get out of their way.

And Buddy was about 2 meters away from Leon. I find it hard to believe he would have missed.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alessandro_souzamarques: A bullet moves about 3200 ft/s (assault rifle). Which means he would have to move at (assuming it was targetting him center mass) the very least 1,200 ft/s to avoid it. Assuming he was 2 meters away.

At the end of the day, none of those guys are aiming, they are all hip firing, and they are using highly inaccurate weapons with the "spray and pray tactics". It's really easy to dodge bullets after they are fired when the people firing them are terrible marksman who are making no effort to try and hit their targets with any means of accuracy.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Really. So you're comparing real life logic to fiction? If we're going by that road then almost every single one of Leon's feats are unrealistic, since I doubt any man at peak human condition would be able to open and hold open a forty feet long giant mutated shark's mouth while holding his breath for several minutes, tank point blank explosions unscratched, tank a beating from a 60 tonner Super Tyrant and get back up immediately unfazed, tank dozens of spiked projectiles and keep fighting like nothing happened, tank a tackle from a Mutated Derek Simmons barely hurt(he overpowered and derailed a train with a similar tackle).

AGAIN, you can clearly see that some of those bullets were going toward him if you look at the wall behind both Leon and Helena.

I'm not saying Leon is supersonic, but his reflexes are good enough for him to react to bullets, not outrace them.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alessandro_souzamarques: I never said he couldn't react to bullets, but just because a bullet is going towards somebody, doesn't mean it's flight path is on course to hit him. It's a 1 cm object and there's a lot more places to miss than hit. Especially when the bad guys don't even bother to aim.

Realistic or not, the fact is none of those guys can shoot worth !@%^. They are all hip firing, none of them bothered to aim, and none of them looks like they came close to hitting their targets. It's called bad marksmanship, and it's present all over fiction.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

lakwhrarll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lakwhrarll

Thank God it isn't the 616 versions, because either Cap or Bucky would of steamrolled Chris and Leon

Against MCU it's a better fight but Cap alone would solo considering he was able to demolish a dozen armed SHIELD agents in a confined elevator including Crossbones

People can reference the boulder feat but the fact is, Chris punching as hard as he could couldn't even damage the boulder, couldn't put even a small crack in it and had to resort pushing it using his entire body including his legs to get it rolling. I hardly consider it impressive when in context

@alessandro_souzamarques Sorry brah, it's aim dodging, they are shooting and adjusting their aim to hit Leon and Helena, Leon and Helena are avoiding the line of sight, not the bullets themselves. Learn what bullet timing actually means.