#1 Posted by Joygirl (18476 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara Minerva, AKA Cheetah

vs.

Mongul Jr.

-----------------------------------------

- 6 hours prep

- Mongul gets one Sinestro Corps ring (no Starros)

- In character

- Battlefield: Asgard

- Win by death

- Pre-52 Cheetah

---------------------------------------

For more of my battles, click here!

#2 Posted by New_World_Order (12488 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul

#3 Edited by Nefarious (18646 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul wins with prep.

#4 Posted by Joygirl (18476 posts) - - Show Bio

@nefarious: Mongul Jr. is not his father, he's a bit of an underachiever. He's smart but without Starros his prep is probably not gonna be a huge game-changer.

#5 Posted by Nefarious (18646 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: I see so he might lose. Cheetah is pretty smart but not genius smart, though.

#6 Edited by dondave (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheetah could blitz him without the ring, but If the Sinestro Corps Ring has an Auto-Fire function and Mogul is smart enough to use it, he could negate the speed advantage

#7 Edited by Joygirl (18476 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Auto-fire will only "negate" the speed advantage if he can one-shot her with it, I believe....

#8 Posted by dondave (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@dondave: Auto-fire will only "negate" the speed advantage if he can one-shot her with it, I believe....

Not really, he can continue to fire multiple blasts that will always hit their target, although a concentrated strike can one-shot Cheetah

#9 Posted by Joygirl (18476 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@joygirl said:

@dondave: Auto-fire will only "negate" the speed advantage if he can one-shot her with it, I believe....

Not really, he can continue to fire multiple blasts that will always hit their target, although a concentrated strike can one-shot Cheetah

Considering she takes blows from Diana it seems like she should be more durable than that. And she'll be clawing his eyes out, not standing around....

#10 Posted by dondave (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@dondave said:

@joygirl said:

@dondave: Auto-fire will only "negate" the speed advantage if he can one-shot her with it, I believe....

Not really, he can continue to fire multiple blasts that will always hit their target, although a concentrated strike can one-shot Cheetah

Considering she takes blows from Diana it seems like she should be more durable than that. And she'll be clawing his eyes out, not standing around....

He has a forcefield to protect himself and she can run all she likes, if he can set his ring to auto-fire it will catch her no matter what

#11 Posted by Joygirl (18476 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: So GL's > Flash? Seems unlikely.

#12 Posted by dondave (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@dondave: So GL's > Flash? Seems unlikely.

Cheetah is not the Flash, it's because alot of other reason that they can beat Green Lanterns, Cheetah Speed isn't one of them

#13 Posted by Joygirl (18476 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: She has speed on par with a Flash though, and has tagged them. She is basically a really feral cross between Flash and Wonder Woman, either of which could arguably destroy a solid GL.

#14 Posted by dondave (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@dondave: She has speed on par with a Flash though, and has tagged them. She is basically a really feral cross between Flash and Wonder Woman, either of which could arguably destroy a solid GL.

I'd take most Green Lanterns over Wonder Woman, and I reiterate it's completely about the speed that the Flash could beat a Green Lantern, they have extra abilities that Cheetah doesn't have. Green Lanterns can set their rings on auto-fire; you'd be hard-pressed to avoid it, something I don't see Cheetah doing. Not mention Green Lanterns are completely slow, Kyle was able to erect a construct of a wall in front of Spaceship that was moving over the speed of light when it wasn't that far behind him. Mongul is as strong if not Stronger than Cheetah and can knock her out. Although as I said in my original post Mongul may not even decide to use auto-fire as he likes H2H and this may lead to him losing. The method of victory I suggested previously is just from a strategic stand point and not directly something Mongul would do

#15 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul Jr should stomp.

I made a Cheetah vs Apocalypse thread but Apocalypse isn't exactly as strong as nether Mongul Sr or Jr.

#16 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul stomps hard. He took on Jon, Kyle, Guy, and Sodom Yat and was handing them their assess until one of the lanterns that was tagging along flew into his head.