Round 2 First to learn to learn every language

Round 3 All out war, 45 secs of prep

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chappie as a police robot cope has the upper advantage. As since he's capble of learning much more (thanks to singularity) he probably wins.

Round 1. Chappie depending on the ammount of knowlodge he got.

Round 2: Stelemate.

Round 3: Chappie

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonny.

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonny curbstomps all rounds.

Round 1) Sonny showed to be significantly more intelligent and would have a much better understanding of strategy than Chappie who was raised by Thugs.

Round 2). See above. It took Chappie quite a while to even learn English.

Round 3). The robots in iRobot were superior to Chappie. They were very fast and very strong, although Chappie could probably match their strength. Sonny is superior to the other robots in the movie. Chappie would struggle heavily with the speed. Also Sonny shows significantly more skill.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Shoulda just put Sonny instead of putting in I,Robot too.

Just nitpicking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: I assumed that if i inserted I robot a very known movie title and the name of the character it would help notify on who I was referring to. Feel me?

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ironshinobi88

Sonny., Chappy is trash fam.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chappie is titanium

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonny., Chappy is trash fam.

Such an informative comment.

Anyways Chappy feats?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1) Sonny showed to be significantly more intelligent and would have a much better understanding of strategy than Chappie who was raised by Thugs.

Round 3). The robots in iRobot were superior to Chappie. They were very fast and very strong, although Chappie could probably match their strength. Sonny is superior to the other robots in the movie. Chappie would struggle heavily with the speed. Also Sonny shows significantly more skill.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Chappie doesn't show near the intelligence or skill that Sonnie shows, Chappie basically has the mind of a child and is easily deceived.

Chappie is very strong and can match Sonny in strength but Sonny outclasses Chappie by a country mile in speed, agility and fighting skill.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VashtaNerada88

Sonny 10/10 smarter, faster, more durable. And IIRC the I Robot robots have Omni directional joints(hands/feet) allowing even more maneuverability

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Maverick_6

Chappie seems to be stronger and way more durable to me. With his moderate fighting abilities, I give it to him.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@maverick_6: Chappie was harmed by random street thugs. Also he had his harm removed quite easily.

Strength is relatively even in my opinion. Chappie's best feat of strength was beating up a car if I remember correctly; while in the iRobot movie, Will Smith with just a fraction of the overall strength of the robots was able to punch through concrete.

Strength should be relatively equal, if Chappie does have an advantage there then it's minimal at best and certainly not enough to cover his deficiencies in speed, fighting skill and intelligence.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Round 1: iRobot. He's smarter and can download the info instantly. Which means, while Chappie learns, iRobot will likely already be poised to win by that point.

Round 2: iRobot. Again, Chappie has to learn, he doesn't.

Round 3: Chappie. I don't recall any weapons in iRobot that would contend with what Chappie can get.

Thanks for reading,
Floopay

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alakemega123: he was talking durability. Chappie was damaged quite easily in the movie.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@floopay: am I forgetting something? Chappie only used guns and a knife in the movie correct? Sonny used guns too and shows much greater skill and accuracy if I remember correctly. Not only that but he's a bullet timer.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: Chappie's guns ripped apart a monstrosity that made your average tank look like a toy car :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@cregan_stark:

At first glance, yeah, it would seem that way, but it's really not.

Define "more intelligent" please..? Last time I checked, Chappie figured out what conciousness is and how to transfer it from human beings into robot bodies.

Yes Chappie had to adapt and learn. He's very naive, but he's also far from stupid.

The only edge Sonny has over Chappie is speed and fighting skills. Chappie is both stronger and a whole lot more durable than Sonny.

I mean, Sonny is literally a modded NS-5 model who were getting wrecked by SMG bullets and shotguns. He mentions how his father made him "denser", but to what extent is unknown, we do know that Sonny is NOT bulletproof as Spooner was able to injure him in the beginning of the movie with a pistol(hitting his hydraulic tubes), and one-shotted multiple NS-5 models with a bullet to the head.

Chappie on the other hand is made out of titanium, was able to tank multiple minigun bullets "capable of taking down an aircraft" and the only thing capable of taking him out was an RPG missile(even though it put him out of commission, the body was still pretty much intact). Sonny does not have that kind of power output.

Seriously, Chappie could probably punch a hole clean through Sonny.

Chappie was harmed by random street thugs. Also he had his harm removed quite easily.

Harmed? No. He got his arm removed by a saw. Maybe if Sonny had one lying around somewhere, this point would be legit, but he doesn't.

Strength is relatively even in my opinion. Chappie's best feat of strength was beating up a car if I remember correctly; while in the iRobot movie, Will Smith with just a fraction of the overall strength of the robots was able to punch through concrete.

Chappie was also casually doing just that right here:

Loading Video...

Strength should be relatively equal, if Chappie does have an advantage there then it's minimal at best and certainly not enough to cover his deficiencies in speed, fighting skill and intelligence.

Sonny lacks the durability feats to suggest he would last long here. That said, Sonny also has zero ways of putting Chappie down.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@rudebomberboy01:

Yes Chappie figured out how to transfer consciousness and that's about the only thing that he did that was impressive, intelligence wise. Chappie has the mind of a child and is very easily tricked.

Chappie was pretty beat up after being attacked by Thugs and also was significantly damaged by Hugh.

Also Chappie couldn't pray to ever lay a punch on Sonnie, I'm also not convinced that could successfully shoot Sonnie, he isn't skilled enough in my opinion. Sonnie also is quick enough to dodge the bullet, if I remember correctly he told Will Smith this same thing.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark:

Yes Chappie figured out how to transfer consciousness and that's about the only thing that he did that was impressive, intelligence wise. Chappie has the mind of a child and is very easily tricked.

Again like I said, he is very naive, but he is very far from stupid. That feat actually puts him above almost anything Sonny did in his movie intelligence-wise IMO.

Chappie was pretty beat up after being attacked by Thugs and also was significantly damaged by Hugh.

He wasn't 'beat up', he refused to fight them back and the worst they could do to him were superficial damages like burning paint off his body. Jackman damaged him by hitting him with an EMP and cutting his arm off with a mechanical saw. Sonny doesn't have either here.

Also Chappie couldn't pray to ever lay a punch on Sonnie

Yes, Sonny is faster, and that is just about it. He lacks the damage output to put Chappie down, where as Chappie could literally punch a hole through Sonny if he tags him once.

I'm also not convinced that could successfully shoot Sonnie, he isn't skilled enough in my opinion.

Not skilled enough? Huh? He demonstrated pin point accuracy with throwing knives and guns in the movie:

Loading Video...

If weapons are allowed in this thread, Chappie could literally one-shot kill Sonny.

Sonnie also is quick enough to dodge the bullet, if I remember correctly he told Will Smith this same thing.

I don't remember Sonny dodging any bullets.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Maverick_6

@cregan_stark:

Chappie at the very beginning of the movie got sent through a brick wall after taking an rpg to the chest. It took a saw likely made of near diamond hard tungsten carbide most industrial saws use to cut him. He walked through bullets for the entire movie.

A guy tried to shoot him and chappie then proceeded to give him a beating, tossing desks like they were chairs and kicking and throwing a man through a wall repeatedly.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonny is just overall smarter and more capable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Closer battle then some ppl think.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rpgesus

chappie was a poo robot

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd expect Sonny to win the chess and language rounds, as he seemed to be more intelligent overall than Chappie, but i'm not sure. Chappie had the capacity for higher intelligence, while Sonny was smart from the word go. The fight would be close, too. Physically, i reckon Chappie could match Sonny's strength, seeing as he ripped off a car door and threw people around pretty easily, but i think Sonny is more durable, considering his fall from the top of the USR building and the laser forcefield only burning the outer layer of his arm. Sonny is faster and more agile, though, and also displayed actual close combat skills when fighting several other NS-5's towards the end of the movie. In an unarmed fight i'd definitely go with Sonny, but if they had guns it might be different, as i don't think either of them could survive a blitz of bullets.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers