Punisher defended by @jashro44

VS
VS

Batman (Arkhamverse) defended by @captain_batman_ftw

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Voting is based on who debated better
  • This is Arkham batman
  • Punisher has an assault rife, assortment of knives, 3 flash bangs, 3 grenades, and dual pistols
  • Ammo is unlimited but punisher must reload after 30 shots
  • Batman has his standard gear
  • No prep
  • Random Encounter

• Begin visible
  • Begin 100 feet apart
  • Unpopulated
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Voters:

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jashro44

@captain_batman_ftw Its up. All though something we forgot to discuss is morals. Are you OK with morals off? If not I'll make due with morals on. Also make sure you read through the OP to see if everything else is good. If you want something changed let me know.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

oooo.... I like common battles taken to the next level. lets see how this goes :) (and also, WOOO 1000th POST!)

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oooo.... I like common battles taken to the next level. lets see how this goes :) (and also, WOOO 1000th POST!)

Quick, celebrate!

Anyway, T4V, @jashro44

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You want to be tagged for votes?

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By mickey-mouse

Hmmm. Thanos wins for sure. :p Tag for votes.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@lukehero said:

Hmmm. Thanos wins for sure. :p Tag for votes.

No Caption Provided

@jashro44: tag me for votings.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: You do CAV's?

Also tag for votes this should be good.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: You do CAV's?

Also tag for votes this should be good.

If people challenge me than yes.

@captain_batman_ftw What do you think of the location? Its been pointed out to me that it might be a bit to favourable for punisher? I am not sure but let me know what you think.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jashro44: Nah, it's okay.

Punisher never cares about morals, does he? If it's morals off, then that'd be a perk I'd get, so it wouldn't be fair. Morals can be on.

Can you also say that Punisher has to reload after 30 shots? It would be better cause it's best if I know when to engage.

Other than that, yes, it looks good.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V when finished please

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I can start then you can reply when you want to.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jashro44

Punisher never cares about morals, does he? If it's morals off, then that'd be a perk I'd get, so it wouldn't be fair. Morals can be on.

Can you also say that Punisher has to reload after 30 shots? It would be better cause it's best if I know when to engage.

Do you mean he has 30 reloads? Because the average assault rifle fires 120-180 rounds per minute from what I googeled.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@captain_batman_ftw said:

Do you mean he has 30 reloads? Because the average assault rifle fires 120-180 rounds per minute from what I googeled.

No, I meant 30 bullets per clip. Should have explained that better.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: Yea sure if you have time. We agreed to take this slow so there is no rush.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@captain_batman_ftw: Yea sure if you have time. We agreed to take this slow so there is no rush.

Okay. I want to do it because I don't have very much to do, since I'm almost finished with my school assignment.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Ok then, I'll go first round and explain why I think Batman defeats Punisher.

Arkham Batman, in my opinion, has superior stats to Punisher, he has the neccessary means to disarm and damage Punisher (mainly equipment) and not to mention the strategical mind to plan out his strategies. The things I'll be covering is mainly physical stats, defense and equipment.

Seeing as how Punisher carries firearms (he's like a walking armory), Arkham Batman already has an advantage to begin with. Knowing that he has so much weaponry, I'll go for the stealth tactic. Since Batman's Detective Mode allows Batman to see if someone's armed or not, he'll use this to his advantage, he'll use stealth like he did against Deadshot and pretty much through most of the games when facing armed weapons.

Here's the Detective Vision being used:

Loading Video...

Skip to 9:44, you can see how it works there. It shows how many hostiles there are (which is good considering that stealth won't work), who is armed (they're painted in orange because they carry firearms), he can see through walls and see their condition

Loading Video...

You'll see that there are many more armed people other than Deadshot himself, which makes this feat that much better.

Loading Video...

Pretty much.

Here's another instance against someone with high tech, that being Mr.freeze:

Loading Video...

The stealth action starts at 1:40.

When Batman comes to Punisher to take him out, he should be capable of taking him out before he can react, considering that this is the speed which Arkham Batman operates at when going for the takedown:

Loading Video...

Skip to 0:40. The guys couldn't even perceive him even though he was right in front of them.

Here's another one just like that:

Loading Video...

Skip to 2:56. You'll see that, yet again, the guys weren't capanle of reacting to him.

This will be my main tactic, but even if that fails, even if Punisher has senses good enough to detect Batman, I doubt he'd be able to tag when seeing some of Arkham Batman's agility and bullet/missile/ice blast dodging. Here are some few examples where Arkham Batman pretty much dodges these type of fast attacks:

Loading Video...
  • 0:15, Batman dodges an ice blast while fighting someone. He does the same thing at 1:13. He was even out-pacing this same blaster at 1:15.
  • 0:18, Batman was dancing around bullets fired by Deadshot, and before you say that he was aim-dodging, that's not what he was doing. He was legitimatly dodging bullets after they were fired, because Deadshot in the Arkham games easily hit a bullseye with his firearms.
  • At 1:52, he dodges a missile after it had been shot.

Deadshot was so accurate that he hit multiple men with a richtofen (or whatever it's called) in the Arkham Games. Bare in mind that Deadshot had no problem holding back in these games.

Here is a missilie dodging feat:

Loading Video...

Skip to 6:43. Penguin shot a missile towards Batman, but Batman didn't dodge it until it was close to him. Pretty good dodging feat considering that he decided to act when it had closed more than half the gap already, and most missiles travels faster than the speed of sound.

Here's one where he dodged an ice blast from Mr.Freeze:

Loading Video...

He dodges it after it was firedat 1:33. Pretty clear that he dodged it after it was shot.

Stealth could work on Punisher which gives me the win, and Frank's not tagging a bullet timer, specially not when said bullet timer is aware of his opponents weaponry. If the match comes into becoming a H2H match, I'll say that Bats still wins. He has mastered nearly all martial arts known to man in the Arkham Universe as well.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:

Ok then, I'll go first round and explain why I think Batman defeats Punisher.

Arkham Batman, in my opinion, has superior stats to Punisher, he has the neccessary means to disarm and damage Punisher (mainly equipment) and not to mention the strategical mind to plan out his strategies. The things I'll be covering is mainly physical stats, defense and equipment.

Seeing as how Punisher carries firearms (he's like a walking armory), Arkham Batman already has an advantage to begin with. Knowing that he has so much weaponry, I'll go for the stealth tactic. Since Batman's Detective Mode allows Batman to see if someone's armed or not, he'll use this to his advantage, he'll use stealth like he did against Deadshot and pretty much through most of the games when facing armed weapons.

The location is pretty open. There isn't a whole lot of areas available for stealth. Additionally punisher has some pretty solid awareness and senses.

Showings of punisher detecting ninjas, being able to determine luke cage isn't a kid by the sound of his tread, and punisher has also stated his experience in war has allowed him to develop certain instincts when danger is around which allows him to detect a bomb. Plus punisher is pretty good at stealth but I will go more into that in my next post if needed.

But in general I'm going to say Franks awareness he's developed over the years is just to good for this version of batman.

Here's the Detective Vision being used:Skip to 9:44, you can see how it works there. It shows how many hostiles there are (which is good considering that stealth won't work), who is armed (they're painted in orange because they carry firearms), he can see through walls and see their condition

Well there aren't a lot of walls in this environment.

You'll see that there are many more armed people other than Deadshot himself, which makes this feat that much better.

Pretty much.

I think punisher is smarter than Arkhamverse deadshot and has a better sense of awareness. Deadshot was just standing in one spot searching for batman, I believe Frank would probably go to a more open area where batman has to reveal himself like in the red X:

No Caption Provided

Even if batman does stay out of sight I would say with punishers senses and instincts he will detect batmans approach. And even if batman does do what he did to deadshot punisher is a lot tougher.

Loading Video...

All though punisher does die here (nothing to be embarrassed about daken has beaten wolverine, sabretooth, and deadpool at one point) but Frank took a lot of damage:

1. Gets shot in the leg
  2. Had a broken leg (sewage also fills the hole in his calf)
  3. impaled through the stomach by Dakens claws
  4. Stabbed in the chest
  5. kicked in the face
  6. Stabbed through the wrist
  7. Gets half his face cut off
  8. his throat slashed
  9. Both his arms chopped off

And thats what it took to get punisher to fall down. So its going to take a lot more than just batman slamming his face in the ground to knock the punisher out.

Here's another instance against someone with high tech, that being Mr.freeze:

The stealth action starts at 1:40.

I think punisher is both more accurate and again I feel he is better awareness. In terms of accuracy we'll start with some basic feats:

I don't think I need to elaborate why shooting wolverine when he is trying to dodge bullets is impressive, but the speedster he shot is burnout who was moving at mach 2. And she isn't just someone who runs fast either, but she has better reflexes and reactions than Arkham batman does as well:

No Caption Provided

When Batman comes to Punisher to take him out, he should be capable of taking him out before he can react, considering that this is the speed which Arkham Batman operates at when going for the takedown:

Skip to 0:40. The guys couldn't even perceive him even though he was right in front of them.

Wolverine has done the same thing (scans can be provided if needed). And burnout can run at mach 2 and punisher shot her.

Here's another one just like that:

Skip to 2:56. You'll see that, yet again, the guys weren't capanle of reacting to him.

In addition to what I said above I would argue that because of these fodder guys being afraid of batman they freak out and just shoot randomly. We see them firing there guns in the air even after batman hits the ground for example. Frank isn't going to be afraid of batman since he's faced scarier. I mean this is a guy who can stare ghost rider down, and look him in the eyes with no fear. So in addition to Frank shooting faster, reacting to faster, he will also be way more calm and relaxed and will have a lot more focus.

0:15, Batman dodges an ice blast while fighting someone. He does the same thing at 1:13. He was even out-pacing this same blaster at 1:15.

0:18, Batman was dancing around bullets fired by Deadshot, and before you say that he was aim-dodging, that's not what he was doing. He was legitimatly dodging bullets after they were fired, because Deadshot in the Arkham games easily hit a bullseye with his firearms.

At 1:52, he dodges a missile after it had been shot.

The person shooting the ice blast doesn't have aim as good as punisher. As for batman dodging a missile after its been fired apart of being a good marksmen is having the tactical ability to anticipate your enemies movements, and shoot where there going to be. Punisher will force batman into the air, and while he is airial he will shoot him. Basically apart of being a good marksmen is knowing how to time the bullet timer and Frank has proven to be rather excellent at that skill. Its how he's shot burnout, and even spider-man.

Not only are punishers ability to predict spider-man so good he can shoot him, he's even disarmed by shooting his web shooters, and he did this while also dodging Peters web shooters.

Deadshot was so accurate that he hit multiple men with a richtofen (or whatever it's called) in the Arkham Games. Bare in mind that Deadshot had no problem holding back in these games.

Punisher doesn't typically use fancy moves, his main thing when it comes to accuracy is his anticipatory skills. He's very good at timing an enemies moves and setting them up in a way where they can't dodge. Like what he did with spider-man above, he waited until Peter was in the air, and as Peter was falling punisher rolled right where Peter landed, so Peter landed right in front of his shot gun.

Punisher isn't as flashy as deadshot is but I would say that despite this he gets better results.

Skip to 6:43. Penguin shot a missile towards Batman, but Batman didn't dodge it until it was close to him. Pretty good dodging feat considering that he decided to act when it had closed more than half the gap already, and most missiles travels faster than the speed of sound.

To be honest it kind of looks like penguin missed. Regardless as I said the problem here is Franks tactical skills and accuracy in combination. Frank is going to time his shots just right and he will force batman into the air or some such, and shoot him while he is in the air. Or he will do what he did to burnout and just box batman in between bullets.

He dodges it after it was firedat 1:33. Pretty clear that he dodged it after it was shot.

How fast are freezes ice blasts in comparison to bullets?

Stealth could work on Punisher which gives me the win,

Not with Franks senses, tactical ability, and just sheer pain tolerance.

and Frank's not tagging a bullet timer, specially not when said bullet timer is aware of his opponents weaponry.

He has tagged bullet timers like spider-man (twice), burnout (a speedster who can run at mach 2), and wolverine.

If the match comes into becoming a H2H match, I'll say that Bats still wins. He has mastered nearly all martial arts known to man in the Arkham Universe as well.

Well Punisher in CQC tends to incorporate guns in CQC. Go back to the video I posted of his fight with Daken, at 1:27 Daken stabs Frank, and Frank responds by biting Dakens lip off and than proceeding to shoot him. If it weren't for Dakens healing factor he would have died. There is more to CQC fighting than just sheer martial arts ability. What Frank lacks in finesse he makes up for with dirty tactics, and pain tolerance. Plus he is capable of incorporating weapons in CQC.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: Just for the record, if you want to change the location, the offer still stands, because now that the debate has started I do see how the location favours punisher. But if you do decide to change the location I would like time to edit my post (since I did bring up the location in my post). I didn't really consider stealth in this environment when I made the thread to be honest.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes this looks good

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking good, boys.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eisenfauste

@jashro44: You mentioned me here I think but I can't see it.

Also when did Punisher get the crap kicked out of him was that during Civil War? And how did they make him come back after being demolished?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: must have been when I edieted the op. You asked to be called for votes, but I can remove you from the list if you changed your mind. I assume your referring to the ramen fight which was dark rain. And punisher was brought back by a bloodstone.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag pls:)

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

No Caption Provided

That's where they're fighting? Damn, I thought you want by all those people at that shop or whatever it is. We can change the location. I'll read your post later.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@jashro44:

No Caption Provided

That's where they're fighting? Damn, I thought you want by all those people at that shop or whatever it is. We can change the location. I'll read your post later.

He never said that is where they're fighting, he said punisher could go in the open to draw Batman out.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Great job so far, can you tag me when its time to vote? I am going to try my best to remember to keep up with this, should be good.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

We can start by the area where all the people are. I was just saying Punisher can drag the fight there.

@jashro44: Great job so far, can you tag me when its time to vote? I am going to try my best to remember to keep up with this, should be good.

Thanks and sure.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this still happening?

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: has my vote but but great job to both

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jashro44

@frisky4 said:

@oceanmaster21 said:

@jashro44: has my vote but but great job to both

I don't think this is done yet.

Its not. Thanks for the vote of confidence anyways oceanmaster.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hiddenlight
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me as well, great job.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V please.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I'm very sorry for not replying yet, but I'm going to reply back to your post and post it later on today, or tomorrow, perhaps. BTW, I haven't read your post yet, so don't think that I didn't answer back because I got overwhelmed :P I didn't read it, because I had other debateas to finish first, but worry not, I'll make my post.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

T4V

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tagalong

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I'm very sorry for not replying yet, but I'm going to reply back to your post and post it later on today, or tomorrow, perhaps. BTW, I haven't read your post yet, so don't think that I didn't answer back because I got overwhelmed :P I didn't read it, because I had other debateas to finish first, but worry not, I'll make my post.

Its cool. I wont even be able to respond until the 20th so take your time.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By senglord

Tag me for votes.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: I will reply to this, but just as I have told Nick, I'll answer in about two-three weeks. I honestly haven't read Jash's reply yet.