Challenge a Viner: Batman vs Solid Snake

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ladies and gentleman, today it gets settled once and for all.

No Caption Provided

Batman - Leading Batman expert @frozen

Solid Snake - Leading Metal Gear expert @nickzambuto

It's the battle to end all battles. Two of the toughest, roughest, most skilled human beings to ever grace the comic panel or your TV screen, the ultimate mashup of comic books and video games! BATMAN VS. SOLID SNAKE!

In a test of speed, strength, and sneaking skill, which of these street level titans will be proven supreme?

No Caption Provided

RULES-

1. THERE ARE NO RULES! For the sake of showmanship but in reality we're gonna need a few guidelines.

• In character/Morals on
  • Fighters have knowledge from each other's reputations and word of mouth. Have never actually met.
  • Fighters have full-standard gear. No special gear (Infinity Bandanna, REX, mech suits, Batmobile, etc).
  • COMPOSITE VERSIONS of each character. Feats from the Metal Gear games and comics, and Pre/New 52 DC universes.

The battle takes place on Shadow Moses Island (both fighters are equally familiar with the facility's layout) beginning on opposite ends of the heliport.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't you two done exactly this before?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4 frozen  Moderator

Haven't you two done exactly this before?

We did a similar one here, the difference now is that Snake is composite.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jmarshmallow
No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cerberus369616
No Caption Provided

mark for votes plz

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: that's big enough a difference for a whole new CAV?

Anyways, tag me for votes.

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

Tag me for votes.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch out, because this will be astronomically amazing!

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Black_Arrow

Tag me for votes.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Been done?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 frozen  Moderator
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By renamed040924

@frozen: Time to get this part-ay started with the only and only,

Solid Snake

A natural born soldier with an IQ of 180 and mastery of six languages, Solid Snake is a former member of FOXHOUND who's heroic exploits have made him into a legend in the Black Ops world. Known for having saved the planet more than three times from the threat of nuclear annihilation at the hand of bipedal, nuclear-armed mechs called Metal Gear, Solid Snake's ability to carry out any mission under any circumstances has earned him the title of
A natural born soldier with an IQ of 180 and mastery of six languages, Solid Snake is a former member of FOXHOUND who's heroic exploits have made him into a legend in the Black Ops world. Known for having saved the planet more than three times from the threat of nuclear annihilation at the hand of bipedal, nuclear-armed mechs called Metal Gear, Solid Snake's ability to carry out any mission under any circumstances has earned him the title of "The Man Who Makes The Impossible, Possible." Currently he is working as the lone agent for Philanthropy, an organization dedicated to the eradication of all Metal Gears from all governments across the world.

Now when it comes to peak humans, Batman is pretty much the epitome of perfection. No other character possesses his combination of strength, speed, endurance, or knowledge all wrapped up into one. That is after all, the basic idea of the character, that through sheer training and determination he was able to surpass the limitations of humanity. No other human can match him. I am fully aware of these facts, and yet, I'll tell you right now, Batman isn't dealing with another ordinary human in this scenario.

Here's the fact of the matter, I'll just be blunt: Solid Snake was genetically engineeredtokill. On a cellular level, down to his very DNA itself, Snake was created to be superior to men like Bruce Wayne. In the Metal Gear universe, there exists a thing called "Soldier Genes" which are the genetic traits of human beings that lead to a more powerful, more capable warrior. Big Boss was a human born with an unnatural number of these genes, and thus, he inevitably became known as "The Greatest Soldier In History".

Big Boss's body is described as
Big Boss's body is described as "a foundation of perfection" and his "military mind and combat abilities were unparalleled throughout the world."
Colonel Campbell states that Big Boss's corpse is potentially more dangerous than all the nuclear warheads on Shadow Moses Island put together, because of the genetic information that can be gleamed from it.
Colonel Campbell states that Big Boss's corpse is potentially more dangerous than all the nuclear warheads on Shadow Moses Island put together, because of the genetic information that can be gleamed from it.

Solid Snake is of course a clone of Big Boss who inherited his genes, and thus he also inherited his father's superhuman combat abilities and physical potential. This gives Snake an immediate edge over Batman, for obvious reasons. Even as an old man with a rapidly degenerating body and a host of physical ailments including arthritis, a bad back, and inflamed lungs, Snake was still more dexterous than most characters are in the prime of their lives. The below gifs show him sidestepping assault rifle bullets after being blinded with a flashbang, ducking underneath an incoming missile, and rolling out the way of the propulsion from Raging Raven's jetpack.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

His reflexes were even sharp enough to dodge a Rail Gun projectile while holding back a seizure (Old Snake was victim to frequent seizures during MGS4). The Rail Gun fires projectiles at hypersonic speeds, meaning Snake had to see it in order to react since it was way faster than sound, and it happened during a whiteout, so visibility was pretty poor to say the least. And yet David was still able to avoid the shot. It's pretty insane when you really consider things for a minute, never has Batman been in a situation where he had to react five times faster than the speed of sound, yet Snake could do it as an old man. Of course five times the speed of sound is on the low end of things, it very well could have been much faster, but we know that it was at least that speed.

Loading Video...

As an old man and in only one game, Snake was able to endure challenges and survive certain situations that were more dangerous than almost anything Batman has had to do throughout his 70 year history. Being forced to take down a whole contingent of Suicide Gekko in a wide open area with before they could self destruct, using a man-portable Rail Gun as if it were a rifle, while evading computer-targeting gunfire coming from every direction, is just an absurd scenario to expect a human being to survive, and yet Snake DID! Could Batman have survived? Could he have taken down each and every Gekko, which are just miniature Metal Gears armed with a whole myriad of lethal weaponry, singlehandedly before any of them could self destruct? It's important to note that the Rail Gun is stated to pack the force and recoil equivalent to a tank turret. If any normal person tried to fire that weapon, it would fly out of their hands and take their arms with it, but Snake didn't seem to suffer any strain at all while firing it.

Loading Video...

Needless to say, it requires more than just stats to do what Snake does. Obviously stats play a big role in it, but Soldier Genes aren't just a physical enhancement. Like I said, they are the traits responsible for creating a more capable warrior, and a warrior is more than just his strength or speed. Snake is one of the most skilled combatants to ever exist in the Metal Gear world, he's said to be proficient with virtually every weapon in existence, he has mastered all aspects of close quarters combat, he specializes in on-site procurement, missions where he infiltrates with no gear at all and has to improvise his way through, and he's also one of the most cunning, unorthodox tacticians the black ops world has to offer. Soldier Genes do more than just buff Snake up, they enhance his instincts and reactions to almost superhuman levels.

To give you an idea of how skilled Snake is, Vulcan Raven was a member of FOXHOUND, a half Inuit Shaman monk with supernatural abilities and mystical intuition. He was also one of the most intelligent, most highly trained soldiers in the world, and when asked what he thought of Snake, his exact words were "In battle, he is as if possessed by a demon" and later stating that Snake was "from another world. A world that I do not wish to know!" In relation to that, Psycho Mantis was the single most powerful psychic and telepath in the world, and even he was straight up flabbergasted at what Solid Snake was truly capable of during their fight. Snake faces impossible odds constantly and always comes out on top. Who else could destroy an M1 tank piloted by a man with supernatural intuition using only a handful of grenades, or shoot down an attack chopper in the middle of a blizzard piloted by a man skilled enough to take down two F-16 fighter jets in the same chopper? I won't go into the details of each feat yet, instead I'll just let Otacon take over.

Loading Video...

There's a reason people call Snake "the man who makes the impossible, possible." I still have a lot to get into with this debate in regards to how he specifically compares to Batman, but with this opening post, I simply set out to explain why I think Snake is generally more skilled, and more capable than the dark knight. There will be plenty of time to compare gear, H2H training, stealth, etc, but the basic idea here so far is that Snake is able to survive more dangerous challenges on a more regular basis, and always survive no matter what. I mean, the fact that we're talking about the dude who makes a living off of destroying Metal Gears should say something. I know this statement is going to come back to bite me because I'm sure you're already preparing the scans of Batman facing Darkseid and all kinds of stuff to prove that Bruce has indeed survived more dangerous situations, but that's with some extra context or some other ace in the hole. In just a straight battle head-to-head with REX or a member of FOXHOUND where Batman has to improvise with limited options and supplies as the fight goes on, I honestly don't think he could perform as well as Snake does.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is cool.

Also, is there a HD Collection for the Metal Gear games?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@comicstooge: Yup. Contains MGS 1,2, and 3. I think it may contain the original 2 MG games, too.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ MGS4 is already HD.Cool thread, I am on Snake's side.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87 said:

^ MGS4 is already HD.Cool thread, I am on Snake's side.

It's PS3 exclusive. :(

Anyway, is @nickzambuto's post finished?

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Kojima had a tech demo of MGS4 running on Vita. Wish it became a full project.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By renamed040924

@comicstooge: The HD Collection doesn't include MGS1, only MGS2, MGS3, and Peace Walker, but if you have a Playstation you can download MGS1 from the PSN for like, 10 dollars. OR instead of the HD Collection, you can buy the Legacy Collection which includes every single game in the series. MGS1 and MGS4 are both Playstation exclusive though.

And yes my post is finished. @frozen

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Thanks for the info.

Good luck, to the both of you

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I'm looking forward to this CaV as well since I dunno much about MG besides the HD Collection and Revengence

Avatar image for s0n_of_d3adp00l
S0N_of_D3ADP00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is good.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ComicStooge

@frozen's clearly being a chicken.

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really curious what type of argument can be made for Bats.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By comicace3

Ooooh fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for votes! This looks really cool, especially since I just finished MGS4.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frozen  Moderator

@nickzambuto: I haven't forgotten about this, I'll get to it but I essentially need to assort all my Batman scans again.

Lionhardt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lionhardt

Tag me for votes!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Are you two going to continue this? It seems as if it can be an entertaining debate.