No Caption Provided

Conditions

• In character
  • Standard gear (current)
  • All canon feats applicable
  • Begin 30 feet apart (visible)
  • Win via knock out, kill or submission
No Caption Provided

This is no longer a challenged debate and is opened up for general discussion.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v. I hope this one finishes.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barely visible huh? I see you admit Batman needs advantages right from the get-go in order to stand a chance.

Well regardless, he shall lose anyway, and yes this one WILL finish!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Na, I'll change it. At first I wasn't really confident, but thinking it over it won't change the end result XD.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Radical; tag me.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

Should be fun, tag for votes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes. I wouldn't be swayed if this was comics Batman...but Arkham Batman should be a great debate I could see either side winning.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nickzambuto: I'm getting in the opener this time! You have a small track record of dishing them out, yet you somehow can't hold your serves recently. Which sucks because you set up a potentially entertaining read for the audience.

Now from what I've seen, Chris and Leon really don't stand much of a chance against Batman, in my opinion. Batman is physically superior, he's sporting superior combat intellect, and is extremely versatile. Put Chris and Leon in almost any life threatening situation Batman found himself in and they wouldn't survive the night. Now I'm sure if you're as avid as I am when it comes to the Arkham franchise, you'd know full well that Batman NEVER approaches armed thugs directly. Its an instinctive tactic that Batman utilizes stealth, and its been portrayed as such in each game thus far.

Loading Video...

Batman: Arkham Asylum - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HQHTrPD3XUo#t=899

Batman: Arkham City - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qW3l4kbn6mg#t=229

In addition, Batman has faced and defeated a marksman who is leaps and bounds more impressively accurate than Chris and Leon combined, and who by your own admission would be the toughest rogue for Leon to combat.

"Deadshot is the only character who I can see beating Leon on account of sheer accuracy, but Leon might be too smart and too fast, and worst case he can tank a bullet or two."

Given Deadshot's extremely high level of awareness and intuition (a necessity when it comes to ricochet-shots without looking), it makes Batman look all the more impressive in the stealth department. Difference between Deadshot and Chris/Leon, is that Floyd cannot be beat through other means other than closing the gap and dishing out takedowns. Any and all attempt by the player to incapacitate him are shot out of the air... literally.

Loading Video...

To sum up; This opener is merely to outline Batman's approach to the given situation. Smoke pellets will be able to cloak Batman's escape, while the grappling hook can be used for traversal. Detective Mode features x-ray which makes him the predator in this situation. This puts Chris and Leon on the defensive, which is never a good thing. Two gadgets and Bruce's tactical awareness alone makes him a pain to deal with. However, while we're on the subject, I'd like to take the time to discuss the sheer versatility of gadgets Chris and Leon are faced with (aside from smoke pellets and a grappling hook).

• Disruptor - Obtained during his investigation within the Iceberg Lounge and modified to electronically lock/jam weaponry. This device typically has two charges, which is convenient since there are two men :)
  • Batarangs - Coupled with his uncanny accuracy, Batman's batarangs can punch holes in metal fuel tanks, hassle a charging Titan Bane, knock a charging Killer Croc off balance and typically knock out fodder. Sonic batarangs produce a noise, typically used to lure enemies or outright knock them out.
  • Freeze pellets - Obtained after defeating Mr Freeze and used to incapacitate Clayface and construct temporary ice rafts.

Once Batman goes in for the takedown, its over. Though I'll get into his skill and physique a little later--but as things stand:

+ Batman holds the advantage in combat intellect.

+ Batman holds the advantage in versatility.

The ball is in your court.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I'm late, I know. I went a little... overboard on my post, I basically made multiple grids to compare every aspect of Batman's character and abilities to both Leon and Chris separately, and it was just really long and boring and not actually a very good debate. But I know what I'm doing now, and I will try and wrap things up tomorrow night.

So just consider your death sentence postponed.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

Allow me to begin my argument with a small introduction on my characters and their skills. Usually I'm not into intros since I think they're unnecessary and only earn debaters fanciness-points when it comes to votes, but in order to give context to my arguments that follow I feel it is necessary, even if most of you are already familiar with Leon and Chris.

No Caption Provided

Leon Scott Kennedy is one of the main characters of Capcom's Resident Evil franchise. A former police officer, Leon's very first day on the force had him swept up into the Raccoon City Outbreak, an international incident where the T-Virus leaked into the population and turned a city of over 300,000 citizens into deadly zombies and mutants. Despite his minimal training and lack of any real experience of any kind, Leon's instinctive combat skills and sheer will to survive allowed him to fight his way through the city, conquering every bloodthirsty monster and mutant Raccoon could throw at him, and eventually coming out alive. Leon was one in less than a dozen citizens who was able to escape the genocide of Raccoon City, and after being picked up by the U.S. Military on the outskirts of town, the United States Government saw in Leon the potential to be their greatest defense against bioterrorism, and blackmailed him into joining them as an agent of US-STRATCOM, where Leon was extensively trained in all manners of combat and survival. Leon's potential was quickly reached as he mastered every skill necessary to become the Government's one-man-army, overcoming everything that stood in his way whether it was rival agents, superhumans, war mongers, or even entire armies. After more than a decade of service and countless missions completed, Leon has saved the nation and even the whole planet on more than one occasion, and is now the highest ranking and most respected agent in the entirety of the D.S.O, and only takes orders directly from the president himself.

Skills and attributes-

• Highly trained in or even a master of at least eight or nine different styles of martial arts, including multiple forms of Ninjitsu.
  • Master knife fighter, skilled enough to use his knife as a projectile with pinpoint accuracy over long distances when required.
  • Proficiency with virtually every weapon in existence.
  • Master marksman.
  • Heavily skilled in parkour, acrobatics, and evasive maneuvers coupled with highly sharp reflexes allows him to avoid most attacks.
  • Superior physical strength and resilience
  • Described as a genius combatant, capable of formulating quick plans and utilizing unorthodox tactics with little time to react in order to take the advantage over foes far superior to him on-paper.
  • Expert at improvising and finding ways to make things work with limited resources.
  • Extraordinarily strong will to survive, which was apparently forged while contemplating suicide in Raccoon City.
No Caption Provided

Chris Redfield, original protagonist of the Resident Evil series, brother of Claire Redfield and rival of Albert Wesker. Chris began his military career at a young age, and almost immediately began receiving high praise by his commanders for his natural combat skill and unwavering dedication, and it wasn't long before he began to make a name for himself as a superior soldier. However, it was these same traits which led to him coming into conflict with his superiors, and he was soon discharged from the military without honors. Almost immediately, Chris was sought out and recruited by the S.T.A.R.S. team in Raccoon City, the Special Tactics and Rescue Squad, an elite special forces unit funded by Umbrella that acted as Raccoon City's own personal S.W.A.T, but the true purpose Umbrella had in creating this unit was much darker. The Mansion Incident took place on July 24, 1998, S.T.A.R.S. was led into the Spencer Mansion and pitted against Umbrella's BOWs to receive combat data, after which the BOWs would be sold to the military to create an unstoppable army of super soldiers. The S.T.A.R.S. team's "superior combat abilities" made them perfect for this test, and one by one they all eventually fell to the monsters. All but one: Chris Redfield. Fighting his way through the mansion, courtyards, dormitories, and finally Umbrella's secret underground laboratories where he managed to escape, singlehandedly rescuing agents Jill Valentine and Rebecca Chambers in the process, Chris was scarred by the events and dedicated his life to ridding the world of BOWs. 10 years later, and Chris has helped to establish the BSAA, the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance, where he has gained legendary status as a Special Operations Agent, and currently a Special Operations Captain, using his superior experience and tactical knowledge to lead soldiers against the threat of bioterrorism.

Skills and attributes-

• Highly trained in or even a master of at least seven or eight different styles of martial arts with a notoriously aggressive fighting style.
  • Proficiency with virtually every weapon in existence, to the point where he has displayed the ability to master brand new, advanced high-tech weapons his first time wielding them, and utilize them like a trained professional.
  • Master marksman.
  • Naturally superior strength and endurance pushed to its limits by over 10 years of obsessive training and conditioning in order to match the superpowered Albert Wesker.
  • Surprising levels of speed and agility given his size, able to outrace and outreact other peak humans regularly.
  • Stated to have completed more missions for the BSAA than any other agent in the entire organization. High levels of experienced have crafted an almost unmatched mind for strategic combat, capable of quickly formulating plans and using unorthodox tactics to take the advantage over foes far superior to him on-paper.
  • Expert at improvising and finding ways to make things work with limited resources.
  • Extraordinary dedication and an unwavering will, determined to do everything he can to accomplish his mission and protect his family.

Glad that's out of the way. Phew, time to move on.

Now, I think you've got it backwards when you say that Leon or Chris wouldn't survive if they found themselves in any of the situations that Batman found himself in throughout the Arkham games. My exact reasoning for thinking them more skilled is the fact that they DO survive situations far more dangerous than those that Batman has had to deal with. I don't blame you for the mistake since your knowledge of Resident Evil basically starts and ends with "that battle thread I read a few days ago", and I don't mean that disrespectfully, I'm just stating it as a fact of the situation, completely impassively. SO with that in mind, as someone with extensive knowledge on BOTH franchises in question, allow me to make some objective comparisons between the games and the threats present to the protagonists in each.

Now first of all, I will start this comparison with an opinion. The following statement can not be 100% quantified, measured, or proven without doubt, and therefore it remains an opinion and not a fact. Feel free to debate this opinion, but I will be basing most of my arguments in this thread off of this opinion:

I believe that in one single game each, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, which are both divided into multiple sections which all takes place over the course of one day each, Leon and Chris encountered and succeeded against more dangerous enemies, situations, and overall more impossible odds, then Batman did in the entire Arkham franchise. And I don't mean that between their accumulative experiences, I mean they've BOTH faced more difficult odds on their own, which means that pairing them both against Batman simultaneously is just overkill.

That is QUITE a bold statement, right? Well now that I've stated my opinion, allow me to state some facts and make an objective comparison between the two series' which will hopefully enlighten you all to why I think this. Again, I stress that everything that follows in the below tables are facts, the following information is not my own views, I am simply explaining what happened in each game. I'm not even making direct comparisons between everyone's respective skills yet, simply explaining what their skills were tested against. After reading through this, I will let you guys decide for yourselves who you think must be more skilled between Leon, Chris, and Batman. Now for obvious reasons I can't go through the entirety of all five games in question (which again is Resident Evil 4 for Leon, Resident Evil 5 for Chris, and all three Arkham games for Batman) so I'll just abridge it and only cover the important sections.

Resident Evil 4Resident Evil 5Batman: Arkham Games (all of them)

Size and scale: The game begins with Leon infiltrating an isolated and hostile area of rural Spain which houses multiple small farming villages spread all throughout. The section takes place across this whole area with Leon conquering several villages until eventually he finds the exit to the next area. It is stated by the village chief that Leon was on the verge of destroying their entire settlement, and he even resorted to sending the entire population after him at once in a last ditch effort to kill him, but Leon survived by barricading himself in a nearby cabin and tactically killing the Ganados as they broke in until eventually they retreated. The castle section of RE4 was by far the largest and most expansive in the game, with numerous floors and levels, hidden passageways, secret areas, not to mention constant backtracking. The other two areas combined equal the castle. The final area involves Leon storming Osmund Saddler's main base of operations, a military island guarded by an army of elite superhuman soldiers, and Leon singlehandedly destroys the whole thing.

Size and scale: The game begins with Chris infiltrating hostile area of rural Africa which houses multiple small villages spread all throughout. The section takes place across this whole area with Chris meeting up with his partner Sheva and then conquering several villages until eventually he escaped into the swamplands. Unfortunately, Chris found that the swamplands were inhabited by a tribe of warrior Majini who had reverted to their primal instincts and began hunting him. Eventually Chris storms Albert Wesker's main base of operations, a military island guarded by an army of elite superhuman soldiers, then later raids Wesker's ship guarded by the same troops, and fights his way through them all to eventually reach Wesker.

Size and scale: The game begins with Batman entering Arkham Asylum just before the Joker escapes and takes it over. The objective of the game is to regain control of the entire Asylum, which encompasses a small island and includes several buildings. In the next game, A section of Gotham City was bought out and converted into a giant mega-prison housing all the inmates of both Blackgate and Arkham Asylum, creating Arkham City. Batman must bring down all three major gangs in the city (Joker, Penguin, and Two-Face) while simultaneously combating Ra's al Ghul's forces as well as fighting against Hugo Strange and his Protocol 10. Finally, in Arkham Origins, a rookie Batman travels across a section of Northern Gotham City while defending himself from the eight elite assassins hired by Black Mask to kill him, as well as meeting Joker and stopping him in his very first scheme.

Canon fodder: The escalation of enemy forces in Resident Evil 4 is clear, with the opponents Leon must fight his way through growing steadily more dangerous as the game progresses, which portrays Leon as an exceptionally skilled fighter in that he took everything the game had to offer and succeeded. All enemies in the game are bloodthirsty cultists and the hosts of Las Plagas, an ancient parasite which attaches itself to the victim's spinal cord and controls their actions. Las Plagas grants ALL of their hosts superhuman levels of strength, endurance, regeneration, and aggression, but most importantly it gives the hosts a hive-mind of sorts, and since they all retain their intelligence and rational thinking, this makes the hordes of Las Plagas Leon had to face extremely dangerous to take on alone because they knew how to work together and overwhelm him. The game begins with Leon infiltrating an isolated area of rural Spain and being hunted by the farmers who populate it, then moving on to the Los Illuminados castle and fighting the deranged-but-disciplined cultist leaders with stronger parasites, and finally he invades Osmund Saddler's military island and fights his way through an army of expertly trained and experienced soldiers, which when coupled with their strength, resilience, and hive mind, makes them a deadly force.

TL;DR Version- Ganados:

+Superhuman physicals in most categories, every enemy significantly outclasses Leon.
+Regeneration, resilience, and mutation to grow stronger upon defeat.
+Retain average levels of intelligence with a hive-mind enhancing strategy and teamwork
+Latter enemies (Los Illuminados and island soldiers) are highly trained and skilled killer in addition to their abilities.

The canon fodder in RE5 is much the same as RE4, however the Las Plagas parasite has been improved and perfected through virology by Albert Wesker, making all enemies stronger, faster, and even more resilient to damage. Some in fact can act as complete bullet sponges. Chris similarly begins by infiltrating a village, this time African, and being attacked by the local residents, then encounters an ancient warrior tribe inhabiting the jungles and swamps, before finally invading Wesker's ship and taking out his entire military trained army of super soldiers.

TL;DR Version- Majini:

+Same as Ganados but to a higher extent.

-Chris had Sheva as backup during the game.
-African enemies being slaughtered by a white man creates claims of racism in the game. Wha...

Throughout the Arkham franchise, Batman regularly encounters hordes of ruthless thugs from Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, and Black Mask's gangs. The thugs are usually dangerous enough that security guards and the police force can not combat them alone. However, unlike Chris and Leon's canon fodder, there is never any progression of canon fodder, just the same unintelligent, brawling thugs through all three games, for the entirety of the games. (LoA ninjas would constitute as minibosses, which is another category entirely) Batman never faces opponents with skill or training, and unlike Leon and Chris who were significantly outclassed physically by every single opponent they faced during their entire mission and needed to compensate each time with sheer skill, Batman was a peak human facing thugs, and thus he could actually oneshot most of them during cutscenes while they moved in complete slow-motion to his perspective, meaning skill wasn't really even a factor.

TL;DR Version- Thugs:

+Ruthless and don't fear Batman outside of Predator sections
+Outclass the police force and Arkham security guards
+Mentioned that Batman actually has to fight the same guys multiple times during the storyline, as they eventually wake up after he knocks them out and he crosses them again while backtracking.

-Most are very unintelligent for the sake of comic relief.
-None are trained.
-Physically inferior to Batman to a large degree.
-Gunmen can kill Batman quickly if too many gang up on him out in the open. Chris and Leon defeat groups of gunmen easily.

Superhuman brutes: The village Chief, an eight foot tall Master Plaga host, not only possessed the strength to twist steel bars into knots, but was also fast enough to appear almost completely imperceptible to the human eye. Leon endured several beatings from this character during their various encounters, before eventually the Chief ambushed him inside an abandoned barn, and this time the real fight began. Thanks to some quick thinking, Leon was able to catch the Chief in a giant propane explosion, however this only served to force the Chief to mutate further and become even more powerful. After a prolonged battle inside the burning barn, Leon finally killed the chief thanks to his evasive skills and tactical awareness.

Uroboros is the most powerful virus in the whole Resident Evil series, mutating the host into a mass of oozing black worm-like tentacles that constantly regenerate. Even a single host is nearly invulnerable, a squad of elite BSAA agents were completely unable to fight against it and were slaughtered within seconds, however throughout the course of RE5, Chris encountered and killed multiple Uroboros hosts, proving himself agile enough to outmaneuver the beast's attacks every time, and eventually deducing its weakness to heat. By using the environment and his total mastery of all weapons, Chris was able to kill no less than four Uroboros monsters.

Bane in Arkham Asylum is the most powerful he's ever been. Even while human, he was capable of putting his fist through an elevator roof and ripping Batman through it, then while on Venom he becomes multiple times stronger. Unfortunately he received brain damage in Origins after overdosing himself, however while on the new Titan formula, he's even stronger than ever, and can throw Batman through a solid brick wall and even survive a cave-in while low on the serum. However the Dark Knight was able to take advantage of Bane's bulkiness and lack of mobility by making him run into walls, which stunned Bane long enough for Batman to sever his Titan tubes one at a time and then escape. When Bane came back, determined to finish Batman, the detective revealed that he already planned for this and programmed the Batmobile to run Bane into the ocean, finally knocking him out.

Jack Krauser, a former Spec Ops soldier trained in US-SOCOM, known for participating in mercenary work on his days off because he felt that combat was his life and he couldn't function in normal society. Krauser possessed all the same training as Leon and even acted as his partner, however he was much more experienced. Additionally, Krauser was in control of a Master Plaga, which granted him strength, speed, and resilience far superior to normal Ganados, let alone a mere peak human. During their first encounter, Krauser ambushed Leon and baited him into a knife fight, where Leon was taken off guard by his presumed-dead comrade's reappearance and superhuman abilities, but was saved by Ada. Afterwards, Krauser secured the perfect battlefield where he planned to finish Leon, spending his time strategizing and preparing by setting traps and even activating killer robots to assist him against Leon, but despite his opponent's similar training, greater experience, superhuman physicals, loads of prep time, and giant mutated claw-arm, Leon's sheer skill and will allowed him to overcome Krauser and defeat him at his own game.

Albert Wesker is, in a way, the exact antithesis to Chris Redfield. He represents everything that Chris stands against, and as such, the two have had a bitter and hateful rivalry ever since the Mansion Incident. Most notably is that Wesker has willingly given up his humanity in order to gain power, and is now little more than a Tyrant in human form, possessing all the same physical abilities as a Resident Evil Tyrant, as well as retaining his intelligence in the process. Wesker is the most highly trained and experienced fighter in the whole Resident Evil franchise, which when coupled with his physical abilities, makes him nearly invincible. The only man who has ever been able to stand against him, is Chris Redfield himself, Jill even states that only Chris can beat him, and despite being outclassed in nearly every conceivable area, Chris's quick thinking and sheer determination eventually DID beat Wesker. However, I should note that Chris was partnered up with Sheva Alomar during his fight with Wesker, although it's arguable whether she was required or just got in his way, as the original script revolved around Chris killing Wesker by himself.

Deathstroke, Slade Wilson, a former Special Forces soldier who was chosen to be the test subject for an experimental military procedure where his strength, speed, mental functions, and nearly everything else about him was enhanced to nearly metahuman levels. After being discharged from the military, Slade began a career as a mercenary, an accomplished contract killer using his superior physical, martial, and tactical abilities to complete several high-profile jobs and earn a reputation as one of the most dangerous killers in the world. However, he made his greatest mistake when he accepted a contract from Black Mask to assassinate Batman, and despite ambushing the Dark Knight and using his plethora of advanced weaponry against the inexperienced vigilante, Batman's sheer skill was too much for Deathstroke to handle, and he ended up being the first assassin to fall.

So with those facts out of the way, I can say that from my perspective, it's pretty clear that Leon and Chris both endured more difficult missions than Batman did. So by default, they would be more skilled. Make sense?

Now about my plan. It's rather simple really. You post those clips of Batman's stealth thinking they are in your favor, but they actually prove my point for me: Arkham Batman can not dodge bullets. This is an established fact in the lore, Batman has stated this outright on several occasions, and more importantly, not only does he possess no bullet dodging feats, he's actually outright FAILED to dodge bullets on several occasions when shot at. Now, in the supplementary material like the comics and Assault on Arkham, Batman might have a few relatively minor aim dodging feats, but the game canon comes first, and in the games, it is made clear that Arkham Batman is not a bullet timer. In fact, he can't even dodge bullets from brutish thugs with minimal training. So what exactly is my plan here? I'll break it down into steps:

1. Chris and Leon find Batman.
  2. They shoot Batman.

Bam, easy victory. I don't even need to post skill feats because it is a given that, being two highly trained marksman, IF they find Batman then they automatically win the match. The problem comes in finding Batman, but luckily for me, Arkham Batman has never been able to use his stealth against anyone noteworthy. Just common thugs who don't know how to look up, and also Mr. Freeze. No one with any actual training, senses, or situational awareness. Quite the opposite in fact, the first time Batman tried to use stealth against a character who actually had a basic amount of skill in their own right, in this case Bane, he was detected instantly.

Loading Video...

So this cutscene coupled with the fact that Batman has no feats against skilled characters all but proves that Leon will detect him before he gets too close, as his extremely sharp instincts have allowed him to detect Jack Krauser sneaking up in the exact same scenario, despite the fact that Krauser made no audible noise. No, Krauser does not have stealth feats on par with Batman, but that's not the point. Krauser didn't make any noise during his approach or give any indication that he was there, Leon detected him through sheer instincts. On the same token, Bane doesn't have any awareness feats on par with Leon besides detecting Batman, so Leon can most definitely detect Batman as well, all things considered.

Loading Video...

Additionally, not only is Batman unable to sneak up on skilled opponents, but he's actually been snuck up on by other characters as well, such as Clayface, who was disguised as Joker. Clayface is the exact opposite of skilled, but Batman didn't see him coming.

Loading Video...

I don't mean to lowball, but this proves that Batman's senses and instincts are far from invincible, and therefore, it is perfectly possible for a talented sneaker like Chris Redfield to actually turn the tables and end up getting the drop on HIM! After all, Chris was able to use stealth very effectively against Albert Wesker, a superhuman with high skills in his own right. The fight started with Chris and Wesker staring at each other, then somehow Chris was able to elude him and shut off the lights, then ambush Wesker with RPGs.

Loading Video...

Obviously detective mode kind of cancels this out, as long as Chris and Leon are in Batman's line of sight, he'll see them no matter what. But it proves my point; Chris and Leon are more SKILLED than Batman is. If anything, he simply has the technological edge, which is easily canceled out by their numbers advantage.

So basically, what it comes down to is that unless Batman has even a single feat of effectively using stealth against someone who can effectively counter stealth, then he won't be able to sneak up on Chris and Leon, he'll get shot up within seconds, end of story. However if he DOES get lucky and uses stealth effectively, I still don't see how he would win. Hand-to-hand combat is his only option, but I doubt he could even injure Leon or Chris with just his bare hands. Sure he could use gadgets, but how much benefit of the doubt do we need to give Batman just in order for him to have a single advantage here?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tag for votes.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel free to tag me for votes.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh lord, Nick, what has @monsterstomp done to deserve so much text?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By comicace3

So there seems to be a scale for the length of opening statements

a scale from 1-@nickzambuto

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh lord, Nick, what has @monsterstomp done to deserve so much text?

He said something I disagreed with so I needed to properly explain why it was wrong :P

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I was just kidding :P good luck to both of you, BTW.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nickzambuto:

Wow. I appreciate the time and effort you took to craft a response like this. I certainly have my work cut out for me.. So let's play. I'm going to skip the introduction for the sheer fact that I doubt I can counter much. After reading your informative breakdown on the whole "Who faced and faired better against more overwhelming odds" argument, I'm honestly not convinced that Leon and Chris were placed in more dangerous situations. Sure, it sounds impressive on paper--that Leon and Chris fought hordes of zombie-like archetypes, but how they dealt with the situation can be summed up (for the most part) in a single "run and gun" phrase. The fact of the matter is, I doubt Chris and Leon could REPLICATE what Batman did (which falls into the whole comparison).

Now, I'm not entirely sure what the size and scale have to do with anything in regards to the questioning of who has survived against more dangerous odds, but I'll leave my curiousity open for you to answer.

As for canon fodder, I disagree with your analysis entirely. There is a progression with canon fodder in the Arkham franchise and I wouldn't conclude ninjas as mini-bosses, since he pretty much treated them in the numbers like canon fodder. This is shown several times throughout the franchise, but I'd like to point out his initiation. A DLC within the franchise outlining Bruce Wayne's training.

Loading Video...

Thugs, ninjas, Venom enhanced thugs, and Titan enhanced thugs are all also part of the fodder in which Batman has faced throughout the progression of the games. Sure, some were superhuman and superior than other forms of fodder in some way, but they still fall under the "canon fodder" category. By way of sheer comparison, Batman had to physically beat these archetypes until knock out, whereas Chris and Leon have weaponry and don't hesitate with killing. So I ask, who has REALLY found themselves against more dangerous situations? We have a peak human who regularly utilizes his dexterity to dispatch superhuman foes, or two peak human soldiers who pop a few rounds in their foes and call it a day. That's just canon fodder.

Now to your "superhuman brutes" comparison that I also disagree with. I had to do a little self-research but I feel confident enough to respond. The Village Chief and Uroboros have absolutely nothing on Solomon Grundy or souped-up Bane. These guys are at least in the 10 ton range. In Batman: Assault on Arkham, Bane was able to effortlessly send cars flying and was bulletproof (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Dyx6-fP4Sz8#t=29). It takes about 2 tons to lift a car at the bare minimum, but it takes a lot more to throw it with ease. In Batman: Arkham Unhinged, Bane effortlessly one-shotted a Titan enhanced thug (who can bust their way out of an iron cage pretty handily).

Now that I've factually established Bane, enter Solomon Grundy who was able to defeat Bane pretty handily.

Moreover, the question of "How" they defeated these guys is crucial in determining who has faced worse but faired better. The Village Chief was beaten with evasive tactics and shooting him. Uroboros are more or less defeated the same way. Bane had to be outwitted, but Batman was no stranger in taking some ruthless shots--shots that I don't see Chris and Leon bouncing back from.

Solomon Grundy likewise had to be depowered, however, Batman was able to break out of a full powered Grundy's grasp. Batman's physicality and tactical awareness was tested more in those situations than what was necessary in Chris and Leon's situation.

Loading Video...

Bam, easy victory. I don't even need to post skill feats because it is a given that, being two highly trained marksman, IF they find Batman then they automatically win the match. The problem comes in finding Batman, but luckily for me, Arkham Batman has never been able to use his stealth against anyone noteworthy. Just common thugs who don't know how to look up, and also Mr. Freeze. No one with any actual training, senses, or situational awareness. Quite the opposite in fact, the first time Batman tried to use stealth against a character who actually had a basic amount of skill in their own right, in this case Bane, he was detected instantly.

What's with the downplay? I find amusing that your counter for Batman's stealth is "Batman has never snuck up on anyone noteworthy.", rather than "Chris and Leon have detected people stealthier than Batman.". Batman defeated Mr. Freeze via stealth tactics. During the battle, Mr. Freeze was sending out heatseakers and was tracking footprints. In addition to that, Freeze was tactically adjusting to Batman's stealth tactics so that Batman could never do the same takedown twice. Batman had to use everything the environment had to offer to defeat him.

Lowballing Batman's stealth by throwing Bane into the equation doesn't make a convincing case. Not when Bane is one of the most intelligent assailants Batman has ever faced off against. Hell, by real life standards, Bane would be one of the smartest people in the world. Bane is a master strategist and is sporting an IQ of 187. In addition to that, Bane was able to deduce the identity of Batman and track where he lived. What's more is that its simply Bane's impressive showing if anything.

No Caption Provided

Not to mention that you ignored my Deadshot showing completely.

So this cutscene coupled with the fact that Batman has no feats against skilled characters all but proves that Leon will detect him before he gets too close, as his extremely sharp instincts have allowed him to detect Jack Krauser sneaking up in the exact same scenario, despite the fact that Krauser made no audible noise. No, Krauser does not have stealth feats on par with Batman, but that's not the point. Krauser didn't make any noise during his approach or give any indication that he was there, Leon detected him through sheer instincts. On the same token, Bane doesn't have any awareness feats on par with Leon besides detecting Batman, so Leon can most definitely detect Batman as well, all things considered.

By sheer way of comparison, Batman made no audible noise or gave any indication that he was in the elevator shaft. Coupled with his other stealth feats, just add to Bane's showing. The fact that Bane was at that elevator at that particular time just adds to his own awareness. I don't see how Leon's instincts are superior or ENOUGH to keep your champions from being on the defensive here. Batman is simply sporting more stealth feats and has detective mode to keep tabs on Chris and Leon's location.

Additionally, not only is Batman unable to sneak up on skilled opponents, but he's actually been snuck up on by other characters as well, such as Clayface, who was disguised as Joker. Clayface is the exact opposite of skilled, but Batman didn't see him coming.

I don't see how that's relevant considering that Chris and Leon will be on the defensive here. Batman's go-to tactic against armed men is to go stealth. Two parties can't go stealth if one party doesn't know where the other is.

I don't mean to lowball, but this proves that Batman's senses and instincts are far from invincible, and therefore, it is perfectly possible for a talented sneaker like Chris Redfield to actually turn the tables and end up getting the drop on HIM! After all, Chris was able to use stealth very effectively against Albert Wesker, a superhuman with high skills in his own right. The fight started with Chris and Wesker staring at each other, then somehow Chris was able to elude him and shut off the lights, then ambush Wesker with RPGs.

Pretty sure I've also debunked how impressive that feat actually is in our Chris Redfield vs. Sam Fisher CaV. So I'll reiterate a paragraph from there: For starters, flicking off the generators while Sheva keeps Wesker at bay, then bombarding Wesker with cheap-shots isn't all that impressive. Forgive me if it seems like I'm downplaying the feat, but that's all we see there. I guess, overpowering a weakened Wesker takes somewhat of a superhuman effort, but that's about it.

So basically, what it comes down to is that unless Batman has even a single feat of effectively using stealth against someone who can effectively counter stealth, then he won't be able to sneak up on Chris and Leon, he'll get shot up within seconds, end of story. However if he DOES get lucky and uses stealth effectively, I still don't see how he would win. Hand-to-hand combat is his only option, but I doubt he could even injure Leon or Chris with just his bare hands. Sure he could use gadgets, but how much benefit of the doubt do we need to give Batman just in order for him to have a single advantage here?

Chris and Leon's only option is to have Batman in sights and bullets in their guns. Like I said, Batman is by FAR more versatile. Smoke pellets cover Batman's escape, the grappling hook is used for traversal, detective mode is used to see through walls and keep your champions on the defensive. Bruce's assortment of tech (Disruptor, batarangs, freeze pellets) all come into play here, and I'm not quite sure why you dismissed those points so subtly. As for hand-to-hand, Bruce is undoubtedly more skilled. Deathstroke and Lady Shiva are amongst the most skilled people Batman has fought and are both individually better than Chris and Leon combined. When's the last time Chris or Leon fought a horde of thugs, let alone a horde of ninjas in sheer hand-to-hand?

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BeaconofStrength

I think team would definitely take this, but I thought you honestly debated your character better. You gave a very convincing argument, even though I think Batman can't win.

Also, sorry for bailing out on our CaV a while back. I'm rolling with 2 jobs now and haven't had much time for CV at all.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

close one. I wanna say team for a slight majority.

Void-Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

close one. I wanna say team for a slight majority.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

team

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Batman is more impressive than both singularly. But together they might be a bit much. Chris's accuracy doesn't help.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about the team, other than that Chris' aim won't help him tag Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

The same batman that takes 20 militia men which includes healers, brutes, ninjas and other sorts of weaponry? As well as splitzing 4 guys with guns(some of which include snipers, shotguns, etc) before they have time to react? Yeah, leon and Chris lose here.

Avatar image for amazing_spiderman
Amazing_Spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team takes it pretty handily. Would be closer to pit one on one's for it.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: *homie-handshake* for being the only guy to side with Batman since the discussion was opened!

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@monsterstomp said:

@theacidskull: *homie-handshake* for being the only guy to side with Batman since the discussion was opened!

I mean, killing trudging zombies is fine and all but batman is on another level.

Okay, maybe that's a bit of an understatement, but you get the idea.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I know this is old but batman wins without a doubt batman has trained since he was a kid , Chris is a Stars trained officer yes which makes him very dangerous and Leon was a normal cop until raccoon city but both did become superb soldiers. Batman would drop smoke and pick them of via a straight up fight , shadow take downs or via gadgets plus batman has much stronger full body armor suit. He would take Leon down easy but Chris would put up a fight but would fall.

I am a big fan of all three yes I am a bigger batman fan but still have respect for them all batmans armor , skills, and gadgets like X-ray and stuff give him way to much of a advantage.

ValorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Leon and Chris would give Batman a bloody run for his money in a 1v1, as a team they win this

zerazts33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zerazts33

Yeah after reading this, Arkham Bats obliterates them, his hand to hand and stats are too much to the point where Leon and Chris would be unable to land any hits while getting their faces pounded, and their marksman ship is garbage compared to Deadshot, and Batman was pretty much dancing around Deadshots shots in Assault on Arkham

Also with the fear take down, Bats would literally blitz, disarm and KO Chris and Leon before they could react

Resident Evil hardcore fans love to overrate Chris and Leon's combat ability, severely. But they simply aren't impressive when you look at them objectively ):

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

These guys don't look like much so I'll say Batman

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only Person that thinks the "Arkhamverse" version of Batman is the most badass version? If not that version can somebody tell me a more badass one? And Batman takes this

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SayWhat23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this batman version made Kinder out of Deathstroke more then once (which is absurd), he is taking this one with a hard bat stomp move.

SPYDA-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SPYDA-MAN

Batman can win if key word "IF" he can get close but otherwise team. And what's standard gear just pistols for team, then batman gets a grappling hook and an unlimited # of batarangs and detective mode? Cuz if so team would have absolutely have no problem if Leon can shoot and slash arrows out the air and dodge a knife thrown way faster than any batarangs batman ever threw.

Both being limited to standard gear bats doesn't have the right equipment and with both teams getting all their gear. Bats is getting blown up or something.

Bats would dominate the h2h (against both he should still win in h2h but it will be harder) but I don't see him doing nothing unless he has full equipment and if he has that the team should. Plus they can cover each other as well.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vertigo-

Well regardless, he shall lose anyway, and yes this one WILL finish!

Such a lie kek

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By a_marques

Anyone from RE team solo with ease.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I hear of the duo, Chris should be able to solo with ease.

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Bat should wreck. He fights and takes down superhumans (Deathstroke, Bane etc.) with little trouble. Redfield and Kennedy are said to have each mastered 7 or 8 different styles of combat. Bruce has mastered 127. Neither of the team come close to matching Deadshot for accuracy and Bruce regularly makes Deadshot look like a dumbass. Also, for those saying Redfield and Kennedy could shoot him down, what about the disruptor? I see it going down like this.

1. Batman drops a smoke pellet, escapes into the shadows.

2. Redfield and Kennedy fan out, start searching.

3. Batman disables their guns with the disruptor.

4. Batman jumps out of the shadows and the hand to hand brawl begins.

5. Batman's victory takes about 5-10 minutes with mid-high diff.