#1 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

including mr mxyzptlk and ALL 5th dimension imps

#2 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Imps, easily.

#3 Posted by bee14ish (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@"Colossus": Do the all have World's Funnest level power? If so, then Imps godstomp. If not, Imps still godstomp.

#4 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17004 posts) - - Show Bio
@bee14ish said:

@"Colossus": Do the all have World's Funnest level power? If so, then Imps godstomp. If not, Imps still godstomp.

None of them have, since it isn't canon.
#5 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: May I ask why it's not canon?

SHAZAM

#6 Posted by bee14ish (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Why not?

#7 Posted by bee14ish (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

SHAZAM

Me wanna know too

#8 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Imps destroy... and I think to some Worlds Funniest is cannon. The way the story is structured, it is happening every week. It doesn't realy change any current cannon the way many other elseworlds do.

#9 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17004 posts) - - Show Bio
@bee14ish said:

@blackadamFTW said:

SHAZAM

Me wanna know too

I've always heard it isn't. 
#10 Posted by Killemall (18323 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW: @bee14ish: @bee14ish: @czarny_samael666: It is considered non-canon simply because when DC published a lit of "Elseworlds" comics, Superman/ Batman World's funniest was one of them and its well known that any and all Elseworlds comics are not cannon (although few wiki tend to say its cannon , which is weird + add to the fact that even Flashpoint is listed as being Elseworld). Also during his interview Evan Dorkin stated that when he wrote Worlds Funniest he specifically asked for it do be drawn like Pre-crisis , i do not how much that weight towards being non-cannon but thats one thing. Furthermore, the same comics establish the anti-life equation to be Mr. Mxy + Batmite, which we know to be untrue.

So yeah its so-so hard to say.

#11 Posted by Spartan101 (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

either way sorta fight. think there are hundreds and hundreds of celestials iirc.

#12 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

imps

#13 Posted by First_Last (400 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take the Celestials. I don't believe the full numbers of either have ever been revealed? However from what I have seen there appears to be quite a bit more Celestials then imps. The Imps are also all regular in there own universe/dimension unlike the Celestials who maintain their staggering power levels in every verse.

#14 Posted by Delta1938 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@First_Last said:

I'll take the Celestials. I don't believe the full numbers of either have ever been revealed? However from what I have seen there appears to be quite a bit more Celestials then imps. The Imps are also all regular in there own universe/dimension unlike the Celestials who maintain their staggering power levels in every verse.

I saw the Imps not being regular in their own dimension, at least not compared to humans. But then again, their own dimension has 5 dimensions, and the reason they're so powerful in the third dimension is BECAUSE they have 5 dimensions and can rearrange 3-d reality to their desire. I don't see anything for the Celestials to deal with that. If they have thousands, maybe their numbers can have them win by the Imps getting them tired and just walking away forefiting?

#15 Posted by First_Last (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Delta1938 said:

@First_Last said:

I saw the Imps not being regular in their own dimension, at least not compared to humans. But then again, their own dimension has 5 dimensions, and the reason they're so powerful in the third dimension is BECAUSE they have 5 dimensions and can rearrange 3-d reality to their desire. I don't see anything for the Celestials to deal with that. If they have thousands, maybe their numbers can have them win by the Imps getting them tired and just walking away forefiting?

Do you have scans or an issue number? I would like to read/see that. Well one easy way is for the Celestials to simply enter the Imps dimension forcing the fight to be held there and then overwhelming them with numbers and power.

#16 Posted by bee14ish (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: So Mxy doesn't have the power he did in World's Funnest unless otherwise stated? Ok.

#17 Posted by bee14ish (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: unless it is stated as canon for a single thread.

#18 Posted by Delta1938 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@First_Last said:

@Delta1938 said:

@First_Last said:

Do you have scans or an issue number? I would like to read/see that. Well one easy way is for the Celestials to simply enter the Imps dimension forcing the fight to be held there and then overwhelming them with numbers and power.

What exactly did you what scans/references for?

And how exactly would the Celestials invade? Or be of any use? One of the handful of times I've seen 3 dimensional beings entering the fifth dimension, they were 2D by comparison. Plus, if the other Imps are even half as powerful as Mxy, I don't see the Celestials overwhelming by sheer numbers unless it's literally dozens of Celestials per Imp, at least.

#19 Posted by Jezer (3097 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@blackadamFTW: @bee14ish: @bee14ish: @czarny_samael666: It is considered non-canon simply because when DC published a lit of "Elseworlds" comics, Superman/ Batman World's funniest was one of them and its well known that any and all Elseworlds comics are not cannon (although few wiki tend to say its cannon , which is weird + add to the fact that even Flashpoint is listed as being Elseworld). Also during his interview Evan Dorkin stated that when he wrote Worlds Funniest he specifically asked for it do be drawn like Pre-crisis , i do not how much that weight towards being non-cannon but thats one thing. Furthermore, the same comics establish the anti-life equation to be Mr. Mxy + Batmite, which we know to be untrue.

So yeah its so-so hard to say.

Just nitpicking here: If I remember correctly, the comic doesn't actually establish it. Mxy writes it.(We can assume as a joke) Character claims aren't usually held as valid.

So I wouldn't hold that as a conflicting factor in whether its canon or not.

#20 Edited by Jezer (3097 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a random question for the thread: I remember reading somewhere on the vine that Celestials physical forms aren't there real forms, which is part of the reason that damaging there armored body does nothing to them. Specifically, I've read several times that Celestials hold a universe inside their armor, or that the inside is as big as a universe.

Is this true? Any validity to this or is it a rumor?

I also remember reading that when Beyonder took down the Celestials, after threatening to destroy the universe, he talks about how it was an amazing battle and he fought them on many levels that people of Earth or wherever watching from below would never be able to perceive.

Of course, this in itself isn't enough evidence to say they can stand up to 5D imps. But it's something to think about.

#21 Posted by First_Last (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Delta1938 said:

@First_Last said:

@Delta1938 said:

@First_Last said:

What exactly did you what scans/references for?

And how exactly would the Celestials invade? Or be of any use? One of the handful of times I've seen 3 dimensional beings entering the fifth dimension, they were 2D by comparison. Plus, if the other Imps are even half as powerful as Mxy, I don't see the Celestials overwhelming by sheer numbers unless it's literally dozens of Celestials per Imp, at least.

I already told you so I can see/read what you are referring to in regards to them in their dimension retaining their power/s. The same way they do any other dimension/realm/reality/universe ect. With there near infinite power. Even if they end up 2d so what? That's not gonna depower them. Well I do and by way of power as well. From what I have seen (which includes a whole reality stuffed with them) it would be more then that.

#22 Posted by Killemall (18323 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer said:

Just nitpicking here: If I remember correctly, the comic doesn't actually establish it. Mxy writes it.(We can assume as a joke) Character claims aren't usually held as valid.

So I wouldn't hold that as a conflicting factor in whether its canon or not.

Fair enough.

@bee14ish said:

@Killemall: So Mxy doesn't have the power he did in World's Funnest unless otherwise stated? Ok.

That has been the norm so far in comicvine anyways.

#23 Edited by zisend (6 posts) - - Show Bio

human torch was kicking celestials ass recently in FF

franklin richards was also killing them

Any single imp would solo the entire Celestial race. that is a simple fact

not all celestials are equal either, not even the most powerful one's are universe busters. 5d imps can destroy universes by snapping their fingers

#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

imps

#25 Posted by First_Last (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@zisend said:

not all celestials are equal either, not even the most powerful one's are universe busters. 5d imps can destroy universes by snapping their fingers

I may have to read them again but I don't recall Torch doing much if anything to them. Sue did some damage. However those weren't normal Celestials they were Mad Celestials. Not that I know exactly what the difference is yet they sure seemed weak compared to the standard versions. Also this fight includes all Celestials not just the weaklings showcased in FF recently. Unlike your claim which you can't actually prove that is simple fact lol.

#26 Posted by SithLantern93 (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

Imps without much trouble.

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (15706 posts) - - Show Bio

Imps for sure.

#28 Posted by First_Last (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Scathan does not approve lol!

#29 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny did some damage when he was amped by the Cosmic Control Rod, but nothing that fazed the Celestials whatsoever.

#30 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@zisend said:

He damaged their armor; the Celestials repaired it and had the Fantastic Four at their mercy.

Franklin was amped and creates universes under his bead sheets. It's clear it isn't a low showing for a Celestial to have trouble with Franklin.

Compared to the jobbering Imps have done, this stuff isn't even worth calling a low showing to boot.

#31 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

The Celestials are NOT 3D. Only their puppet armor is.

#32 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there any evidence of more than a few imps being on Mxy's level? Besides the Thunderbolt and Bat-Mite, I don't think anyone else comes close. If there are varying levels of the inhabitants of the Fifth Dimension, it is possible the Celestials could overwhelm them.

#33 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't Imps (Mxy mostly) sometimes destroy the Universe for fun the put it back?

#34 Posted by cliffrice (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep and not to mention when the joker has a portion of myx power he remade the multiverse in his dimension. ALso during emperor joker he made references to elseworlds and even Amalgam comics sugjesting that anything Myx does is cannon even when its not. Myx can even Cross into other companies, He poped up in spawn and also fought the fantastic four once. (Though their faces were never on panel) Myx has destroyed the multiverse when he was having an argument with Bat Mite than after the fight he restored it and they made a date to do it again.

#35 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@oeisnsheb said:

@isaac_clarke POCKET univereses, that's a strech from creating actual universes. DC and marvels version of Odin have created pocket universes so that's hardly an impressive feat

@henryarguelles5 said:

Is there any evidence of more than a few imps being on Mxy's level? Besides the Thunderbolt and Bat-Mite, I don't think anyone else comes close. If there are varying levels of the inhabitants of the Fifth Dimension, it is possible the Celestials could overwhelm them.

That logic works both ways, there is no evidence that all Celestials are as powerful as members of the Forth Host so you would have tons of featless celestials vs tons of featless imps. Mxy, Bat Mite or Thunderbolt individually would massacre the entire 4th host so either way you look at it, the Imps stomp this match effortlessly do to the fact that one of their most powerful members could solo the top Celestials easily.

It was a 'baby' universe - that he slaps into his closet and trains in playing god. 5D Imps as far as I've seen are better at destroying a universe (tugging at reality strings more or less), rather than creating any (distinct limitation at bringing the dead back too) - even the Joker seemed more powerful than Mxy was with his own powers.

Generic Celestials of-course aren't anywhere close to the host. None the less you're talking about a race of space gods that even the generic ones have cubed beings shake in their boots.

#36 Posted by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio

If Imps are so powerful how was Superman Prime able to snag Mr. Mxyptxtl and restrain him or whatever? I never understood that.

They seem too goofy to be taken seriously whereas the Celestials are all business.

I give it to the Celestials. We've only seen handfuls of them at a time I think. The whole lot of them would be ridiculous.

#37 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@GreenFuse said:

If Imps are so powerful how was Superman Prime able to snag Mr. Mxyptxtl and restrain him or whatever? I never understood that.

They seem too goofy to be taken seriously whereas the Celestials are all business.

I give it to the Celestials. We've only seen handfuls of them at a time I think. The whole lot of them would be ridiculous.

Exactly what I'm wondering about. Yeah, Mxy is powerful, and joker with his power makes the Spectre his puppet...but then he gets captured by Superman-Prime? Even with the alternate Zatanna helping, that should never have happened. And how do we know that all the Imps have power on his level. Then again...going by their lowest showings, the Invisible Woman wrecked a Celestial, so...who knows? I agree that the Celestials don't play around, and considering that their numbers aren't specified but implied to be numerous...I see the Celestials overwhelming with sheer numbers.

#38 Posted by sebshe (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: ababy universe is still a stretch from an actual universe itself, if you're trying to justify franklin being powerful enough to kill celestials based on that feat then that's not impressive

as far as joke goes he only had 99% of mxy's power, the 1% was used as a fail safe when joker eventually went haywire, regardless of how impressive you think joker is based on feats, anything he was able to do mxy or bat mite would be able to as well, including destroying and remaking the universe with the snap of a finger

@henryarguelles5 said:

@GreenFuse said:

Exactly what I'm wondering about. Yeah, Mxy is powerful, and joker with his power makes the Spectre his puppet...but then he gets captured by Superman-Prime? Even with the alternate Zatanna helping, that should never have happened. And how do we know that all the Imps have power on his level. Then again...going by their lowest showings, the Invisible Woman wrecked a Celestial, so...who knows? I agree that the Celestials don't play around, and considering that their numbers aren't specified but implied to be numerous...I see the Celestials overwhelming with sheer numbers.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Plot%20Induced%20Stupidity

Even so Prime would kill the Fantastic Four instantly so anyway you look at it, Sue Storm killing is a far lowew statement of their power. not to mention exitar wasn't depowerd like Mxy was.

it doesn't matter how many their are when most are featless, going by that logic every imp should be as powerful as mxy and even if they were only half or 1/4 as powerful they would still wreck numerous celestials individually.

if mxy, bat mire or thunderbolt could solo the forth host, [which they can easily] then the celestials lose since you'd have featless celestials vs featless imps plus xy batmite and thunderbolt.

#39 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@sebshe said:

ababy universe is still a stretch from an actual universe itself, if you're trying to justify franklin being powerful enough to kill celestials based on that feat then that's not impressive

as far as joke goes he only had 99% of mxy's power, the 1% was used as a fail safe when joker eventually went haywire, regardless of how impressive you think joker is based on feats, anything he was able to do mxy or bat mite would be able to as well, including destroying and remaking the universe with the snap of a finger

Even so Prime would kill the Fantastic Four instantly so anyway you look at it, Sue Storm killing is a far lowew statement of their power. not to mention exitar wasn't depowerd like Mxy was.

it doesn't matter how many their are when most are featless, going by that logic every imp should be as powerful as mxy and even if they were only half or 1/4 as powerful they would still wreck numerous celestials individually.

if mxy, bat mire or thunderbolt could solo the forth host, [which they can easily] then the celestials lose since you'd have featless celestials vs featless imps plus xy batmite and thunderbolt.

I don't have to justify him killing Celestials - he already did. The only circumstantial portion of that fight was the additional boost from his younger self. The problem is Imps can't bring back the dead - the Joker was however able to do that with Mxy's powers. Mxy himself only intended to hand over 1% of that power - yet ended up losing nearly all of it the clown. Mxy himself being depowered by an alternate universe Zatanna - apparently retconning all his powers to being magically based - didn't really fare well for him.

Mxy wasn't depowered when Prime grabbed him.

Easily is debatable. The Abstracts and Celestials are dimensionless beings - that alone makes this entire conflict rather questionable at best at how effective any of the imps powers will be - given they aren't dealing with beings infinitely less powerful than they are. If anything it could potentially be the other way around.

#40 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: I was going to reply to