#2  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

Nothing could survive 10

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It depends---do they have to utterly tank everything, or just survive?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clears all

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 juiceboks  Moderator

They should clear without any difficulty.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By those_eyes

Are you serious? lol

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@those_eyes said:

@juiceboks said:

Are you serious? lol

Maybe lol why..do you think something on here would kill these two?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

@juiceboks said:

Are you serious? lol

how in the world do they survive thanos?

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stop at 9 or clear. If its just a flick, they should clear

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

@those_eyes said:

@juiceboks said:

Are you serious? lol

Same way Doom did I'd imagine

No Caption Provided

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#11  Edited By kidman560

@juiceboks said:

@those_eyes said:

@juiceboks said:

Are you serious? lol

lol spoken like someone who doesnt know the true extent of a Celestials powers... if these are named Celestials like Scathon or OAA (yes there is a Celestial named that) than they survive no problem... if its your joe average Celestial than they should still take a FLICK from Thanos without having to much trouble

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Freefa11

1.Gashed in face by Wolverines Claws

Kind of hard to say. However, even if Wolvie's claws are actually sharp enough to pierce their armor, they probably aren't long enough to actually penetrate very deeply.

2.Hit with a 120 story building from Magneto

No effect at all.

3.Hit with an atomic bomb

No effect at all.

4.Hit with a IMP from Wally

No effect at all.

5.Mjolnir dropped unto head.

Wow, that's actually an interesting idea. I don't know if simply leaving the hammer on top of someone has really been explored much in the comics. I suspect that since the Celestials are far above Odin they would be able to resist it thought. Also, their heads are so big that Mjolnir may simply consider them to be the same as lying on the ground, for the purposes of the enchantment.

6.Rammed by trion juggernat

I would say they could take it, but Trion's power level is really not well defined.

7.Slashed with The Odin Sword

As shown in Thor and Odin's battle with them, the Odin Sword can apparently cut through their armor without much of a problem. It doesn't do any lasting damage though.

8.Mind raped by the phoenix force

That's not really a durability feat, and I don't think there have been many instances of the Celestials going up against telepaths of that stature. Phoenix should generally be above them though, so I suspect she'd be able to defeat them this way.

9.Finger flicked by Thanos/w infinity gauntlet

As shown by both Thanos and Adam Warlock, the Gauntlet can deal with Celestials pretty easily. Granted, they were using something a bit greater than a "finger flick," but if Thanos really wanted, he probably could put enough force into a flick to drop them both.

10.Farted on by Silver Age Superman

Silver Age Superboy needed a sneeze just to destroy a solar system, and I think farts are usually less powerful than that, so they could probably withstand one.

Judging this as a durability gauntlet, I think they could reasonably make it to round 7. They stop there simply because it has been shown that they can't tank hits from the Odin Sword; it goes right through their armor, even if it doesn't actually hurt them, and they regenerate immediately afterwards.

Judging this as a "who wins" gauntlet, I would say they should be able to make it to round 8, although this kind of assumes no one much higher than Odin is using the Odin Sword.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Probably stop at 5. I recall thor making a little break in celestial armor.

But durability gauntlet, as in, they have to be completely destroyed? Clear. I also recall celestials taking a hit from ig.

I'm not sure how finger flick was supposed to work. Or the last round.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

@juiceboks said:

@those_eyes said:

@juiceboks said:

Are you serious? lol

Same way Doom did I'd imagine

No Caption Provided

How in the hell did doom survive that? Seems like pis to an extent. Having the gauntlet and unleashing a blow like that should kill just about anyone I would think.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 juiceboks  Moderator

@those_eyes Doom's armor has allowed him to tank some pretty powerful attacks. But regardless I doubt Thanos put all he could muster from the Power Gem into that blast..much like here where he's only allowed to flick the Celestials.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes Doom's armor has allowed him to tank some pretty powerful attacks. But regardless I doubt Thanos put all he could muster from the Power Gem into that blast..much like here where he's only allowed to flick the Celestials.

Cant he just will himself to put all his cosmic power combined with the power gem into the flick? I mean isn't that how the gauntlet works? it allows you to be practically god to an extent?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

Cant he just will himself to put all his cosmic power combined with the power gem into the flick? I mean isn't that how the gauntlet works? it allows you to be practically god to an extent?

Theoretically yea, but it really depends on how much power from the Power Gem he draws. And as it stands no wielder of the Power Gem has ever one-shotted a Celestial level being before.

@killemall What's your take on this?

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: @those_eyes: Thanos was deliberately holding back to put on a good show for Mistress Death at that point. When Earth's heroes (plus Doom) first assault Thanos, he simply freezes them in time and is about to exterminate all of them with the snap of his fingers when Mephisto convinced him that actually giving them a chance to win might impress Death (note that even restricting himself, Thanos still only gives them a 0.05% chance of victory).

This is Thanos dealing with two Celestials in the next issue.

No Caption Provided

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall What's your take on this?

Properly used both Odin Sword and Infinity Gauntlet is more than enough to hurt them, with the latter, even with a minor finger flick, if really used to full effect could actually effectively kill them.

People would likely say power gem themselves have never been that powerful, but we know no has , including Thanos has ever used the gems at full potential, which was demonstrated later in Warren Elis Ultraverse/ Avengers story where individual gems were creating entire realities on their own (none shown on panel just stated, i would think showing gems creating multiple universes would be problematic on panel anyways) and 1 single gem was able to shield the nemesis wave that destroyed and re-created 2 prime realities in 2 multiverse and everything in between.

We have seen Dr. Doom with a water down IG re-create re-created an entire big bang, we have seen Adam Warlock with one move decimate the Abstracts. Those IGs are damn powerful.

On an off chance, Mad Celestial, while extremely hurt, did tank blast from a depowered alternate reality IG during War of 4 Cities, so thats there too.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@freefa11 I realize he was holding back, but the OP is vague on how much power he would put into a finger flick so I figured it would be somewhat comparable. And those Celestials were random no named ones..hardly on the level of Exitar and Arishem. Not saying Thanos couldn't destroy them either if he wanted to..but I think it's important to note at least as far as this thread goes. I think it's also important to note that they weren't even close to being destroyed from that blast..

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 juiceboks  Moderator

@killemall I know the Odin Sword is enough to harm them, but when Arishem was struck by it he just regenerated his arm so I didn't figure it would be enough to put him down. I guess it really depends on if Thanos is really trying to kill them, but again the OP doesn't say what manner he just so happens to be in at the time.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 juiceboks  Moderator

@sophia89 My mistake, I was mixing that instance with the one where the triumvirate of skyfathers tried to stand against Arishem and failed. Still though, that only strengthens my point as Arishem is undoubtedly more powerful than Nezzar.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The blue Celestial destroyed by Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet arc is their One Above All, right ?

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@freefa11 said:

1.Gashed in face by Wolverines Claws

Kind of hard to say. However, even if Wolvie's claws are actually sharp enough to pierce their armor, they probably aren't long enough to actually penetrate very deeply.

2.Hit with a 120 story building from Magneto

No effect at all.

3.Hit with an atomic bomb

No effect at all.

4.Hit with a IMP from Wally

No effect at all.

5.Mjolnir dropped unto head.

Wow, that's actually an interesting idea. I don't know if simply leaving the hammer on top of someone has really been explored much in the comics. I suspect that since the Celestials are far above Odin they would be able to resist it thought. Also, their heads are so big that Mjolnir may simply consider them to be the same as lying on the ground, for the purposes of the enchantment.

6.Rammed by trion juggernat

I would say they could take it, but Trion's power level is really not well defined.

7.Slashed with The Odin Sword

As shown in Thor and Odin's battle with them, the Odin Sword can apparently cut through their armor without much of a problem. It doesn't do any lasting damage though.

8.Mind raped by the phoenix force

That's not really a durability feat, and I don't think there have been many instances of the Celestials going up against telepaths of that stature. Phoenix should generally be above them though, so I suspect she'd be able to defeat them this way.

9.Finger flicked by Thanos/w infinity gauntlet

As shown by both Thanos and Adam Warlock, the Gauntlet can deal with Celestials pretty easily. Granted, they were using something a bit greater than a "finger flick," but if Thanos really wanted, he probably could put enough force into a flick to drop them both.

10.Farted on by Silver Age Superman

Silver Age Superboy needed a sneeze just to destroy a solar system, and I think farts are usually less powerful than that, so they could probably withstand one.

Judging this as a durability gauntlet, I think they could reasonably make it to round 7. They stop there simply because it has been shown that they can't tank hits from the Odin Sword; it goes right through their armor, even if it doesn't actually hurt them, and they regenerate immediately afterwards.

Judging this as a "who wins" gauntlet, I would say they should be able to make it to round 8, although this kind of assumes no one much higher than Odin is using the Odin Sword.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Killemall

@killemall I know the Odin Sword is enough to harm them, but when Arishem was struck by it he just regenerated his arm so I didn't figure it would be enough to put him down. I guess it really depends on if Thanos is really trying to kill them, but again the OP doesn't say what manner he just so happens to be in at the time.

That still shows the sword is fully capable of slicing through the celestial, therefore properly interpreted as Celestials being hurt.

Thats how i see it. I dont think Odin sword could actully defeat a Celestial, if it could Odin wouldnt have to yeild in front of Celestial, or go into a long term research looking for a blood curse, which was used to empower Thor's axe.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: The blue Celestial was actually the One Above All, leader of the 4th host. I believe the other one is Ziran.

I am honestly not entirely clear on what a "durability gauntlet" means. I took it to simply be whether or not the force/weapon in question was capable of damaging the Celestials to some extent, rather than destroying them.

One thing with the Gauntlet though, is that it should work pretty much entirely off thought. There is no reason for Thanos to need to use any sort of physical gesture with it, be it a finger flick, finger snap, pointing, or anything else. So he should be capable of making a "finger flick" as powerful as he wants to; he wiped out half of all sentient life in the universe by snapping his fingers, and devastated a quarter of a galaxy by clenching his fist and yelling in anger. I think he could hurt a Celestial with his fingers if he wanted to.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lol

bump