CaV Wolverine08 (Kaine) vs ICFTW (Wolf Man) (Voting)

• 62 results
IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@wolverine08 said:

Wolverine: 6

Indie: 0

Wow, I am either really sucking lately, or just gotten worst with these new characters I used.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Have to go with @wolverine08 here. Great debate on both sides though!

Traitor!

@lvenger said:

@indiecomicsftw: I know you didn't mean to but as I read it, you used the logic that since Kaine had been tagged by far weaker werewolves in comparison to Wolf Man, Wolf Man would be all over him. That part of your argument neglected Kaine's vastly superior stat showings on other occasions and how he'd be more likely to perform in the fight rather than based on his fights against similar opponents to Wolf Man. That's what let your argument down for me. I can quote exactly where you do it if you want me to.

Thing is I am getting irritated about this, and many people have said in other debates I been lowballing. It seems everyone else can tear down characters I use with lowball statements (I honestly felt Super Soldier lowballed the whole Buffy Verse in my last debate) and thats fine, but the moment I do the same with explanation why I think it is like that, Im a lowballer.

The whole being accused of Lowballing is just grinding my gears. To me lowballing is someone who uses PIS or CIS feats as proof of the norm. Something I am trying very hard to avoid now.

Scarlet Spider was tagged by Marvel Werewolves who are in no way superior to the greatest Werewolf Werewolf By Night, who I am a huge fan of and have most of his comics. I seen Wolverine nearly disembowel Khain in there fight. It seems consistent that Wolf Man will get his hits in. I acknowledged Kaine's insane speed (Maybe Mach 3 or 4 like Peter) but believed the lack of Spider Sense means he cannot use it as well which is why he has these showings.

I do not felt I lowballed anywhere and praised Kaine's speed.

I am not arguing either to change your vote, I am just irritated of the word Lowball being used again about my debating :/

End Rant.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By jashro44

@indiecomicsftw:

Scarlet Spider was tagged by Marvel Werewolves who are in no way superior to the greatest Werewolf Werewolf By Night,who I am a huge fan of and have most of his comics. I seen Wolverine nearly disembowel Khain in there fight. It seems consistent that Wolf Man will get his hits in. I acknowledged Kaine's insane speed (Maybe Mach 3 or 4 like Peter) but believed the lack of Spider Sense means he cannot use it as well which is why he has these showings.

I'll be honest and say I didn't read the entire debate but what is the underlined part based on? The Lobo siblings don't have much feats outside of there fight with Kaine....How can you form a conclusion about them being inferior to were wolf by night, without proving that either could replicate what the lobos did to kaine? Them being able to fight Kaine can be argued as evidence of them being suepioer to were wolf by night.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#53  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I'm going to admit, I read through this knowing nothing of Wolf Man and loving Kaine, so I had some bias. By the end of it, I think Wolf Man actually might give Kaine some trouble. In the end though, I like @wolverine08 made a slightly better argument for Kaine. Admittedly, that my still be character bias on my part.

However, I totally want to read Wolf Man's stories now. Where is a good place to start and does he have any TPBs?

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

I'm going to admit, I read through this knowing nothing of Wolf Man and loving Kaine, so I had some bias. By the end of it, I think Wolf Man actually might give Kaine some trouble. In the end though, I like @wolverine08 made a slightly better argument for Kaine. Admittedly, that my still be character bias on my part.

However, I totally want to read Wolf Man's stories now. Where is a good place to start and does he have any TPBs?

Wolf Man has only 4 Graphic Novels as a 25 issue mini series. Start with Vol 1-4. He has a few appearances in Invincible, but nothing to write home about.

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw:

Scarlet Spider was tagged by Marvel Werewolves who are in no way superior to the greatest Werewolf Werewolf By Night,who I am a huge fan of and have most of his comics. I seen Wolverine nearly disembowel Khain in there fight. It seems consistent that Wolf Man will get his hits in. I acknowledged Kaine's insane speed (Maybe Mach 3 or 4 like Peter) but believed the lack of Spider Sense means he cannot use it as well which is why he has these showings.

I'll be honest and say I didn't read the entire debate but what is the underlined part based on? The Lobo siblings don't have much feats outside of there fight with Kaine....How can you form a conclusion about them being inferior to were wolf by night, without proving that either could replicate what the lobos did to kaine? Them being able to fight Kaine can be argued as evidence of them being suepioer to were wolf by night.

Base on the fact that in Werewolf By Night, his family Werewolf curse is the original and most pure form of the Curse. Werewolves is all resulted in the Russel family curse from the Elder God C'thon Darkhold book. All other werewolves are poor diluted version of the original curse.

Add to that WbN feats are better than anything the Lobos wolves shown. WbN has fought powerhouses like Frankenstein, Grey Hulk, Savage Hulk, Dracula, and Ghost Rider. All those guys have strength > Other Kaine's strength. Yet WbN was never torn apart or maimed as bad as the lobo wolves. Also WbN Healing factor > Lobos wolves.

Feats > over assumptions :)

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@indiecomicsftw:

Thank you so much. You completely intrigued me to this character.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm going to admit, I read through this knowing nothing of Wolf Man and loving Kaine, so I had some bias. By the end of it, I think Wolf Man actually might give Kaine some trouble. In the end though, I like @wolverine08 made a slightlybetter argument for Kaine. Admittedly, that my still be character bias on my part.

Naw, I dominated :D

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw:

Base on the fact that in Werewolf By Night, his family Werewolf curse is the original and most pure form of the Curse. Werewolves is all resulted in the Russel family curse from the Elder God C'thon Darkhold book. All other werewolves are poor diluted version of the original curse.

Your argument falls apart with the fact the lobo's are mutants.

Add to that WbN feats are better than anything the Lobos wolves shown. WbN has fought powerhouses like Frankenstein, Grey Hulk, Savage Hulk, Dracula, and Ghost Rider. All those guys have strength > Other Kaine's strength. Yet WbN was never torn apart or maimed as bad as the lobo wolves. Also WbN Healing factor > Lobos wolves.

Yea but what evidence do you have that werewolf by night is as fast as the lobo's? You were using the lobo's as evidence that astounding wolfman can tag kaine right? What I am trying to say is it shouldn't matter what the lobo's do. Because astounding wolfman aren't the lobos. If you could prove the Lobo's weren't that fast it would be different.

Agreed.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw:

Your argument falls apart with the fact the lobo's are mutants.

Yea but what evidence do you have that werewolf by night is as fast as the lobo's? You were using the lobo's as evidence that astounding wolfman can tag kaine right? What I am trying to say is it shouldn't matter what the lobo's do. Because astounding wolfman aren't the lobos. If you could prove the Lobo's weren't that fast it would be different.

Agreed.

..... wait what? They are mutants? They are stated as .... werewolves. WTF!!! I never read the series, only the scans of the battles and Strider always said they are Werewolves!!!

My info was based on my knoweldge of Marvel Werewolves which was stated in the scans. Not mutants!

****ing sweet baby Jesus Marvel is so damn retarded!

No Caption Provided

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

I'm going to admit, I read through this knowing nothing of Wolf Man and loving Kaine, so I had some bias. By the end of it, I think Wolf Man actually might give Kaine some trouble. In the end though, I like @wolverine08 made a slightlybetter argument for Kaine. Admittedly, that my still be character bias on my part.

Naw, I dominated :D

I think I will call it. I like to play by the shool house rules of Double to nothing, you win. First to 10 and I have 0 to your 6 lead :)

You got me in this.

Also wth! Why did you never mention the retarded Lobos were mutants! You strung me along!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jashro44

@indiecomicsftw: LOL!

I don't think it was mentioned in scarlet spider that the Lobo's were mutants. I think it was in there earlier appearance in amazing spider-man IIRC. I just double checked on comicvine and they are ranked as mutants there too.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw: LOL!

I don't think it was mentioned in scarlet spider that the Lobo's were mutants. I think it was in there earlier appearance in amazing spider-man IIRC. I just double checked on comicvine and they are ranked as mutants there too.

Still I say this. "**** you Marvel" You Make Werewolves into Mutants and angels into Aliens! ****ing *** hat son of a ***** Marvel!

So done with Marvel Comics!