CaV- Veitha vs Funsiized

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funsiized

Today we have a great debate of the day! On one side we have a pitch-patch team of Fighters, Mutants and Witches, Represented by the one, the only.....

Veitha!

Frau Totenkinder

No Caption Provided

Rouge

No Caption Provided

Bigby Wolf

No Caption Provided

Snow Queen

No Caption Provided

Vs

The team of misfits, runaways, and teenagers with a 'tude represented by the great and magnificent

Funsiized!

Nico Minoru

No Caption Provided

Karolina Dean

No Caption Provided

Aspen Matthews

No Caption Provided

N52 Wondergirl

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rules/Stipulations

• Standard Morals
  • Basic Knowledge on everybody.
  • Standard equipment
  • Nico has Her staff command reset but is still at post Resurrection power levels.
  • Play nice but carry a big stick.
Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Funsiized
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine008

Some nice looking female combatants here!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be good

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: yeah, everything's fine.

I'm going to sleep now then tomorrow morning I'll post an intro to my team, ok?

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Funsiized

@veitha: Well, here's my opener, just a rundown of my characters

Nico Minoru(Sister Grim)

No Caption Provided

Once called Sister Grim, she is part of the Marvel comic book group "The Runaways". this group consist of Teenagers that soon discovered their parents were actually supervillains that had been sacrificing people in order to destroy the world to create eternal peace for themselves. Lets just say their children(Save one) did not feel the same way about the situation. After a big fight wherein they fought, lost killed, etc. they finally vanquished their parents control over the City of Angels. The problem was they created a huge Power Vacuum that other villains wished to fill, so now, that's what the runaways do, keep the city safe from them. I am using Post Resurrection version of her.

now enough about background, here are the good parts.

As her parents were black Mages, Minoru has some magical aptitude, but she has never received proper training. So far she has relied on the Staff of One to work magic. After her encounter with Witchbreaker her abilities were augmented so that she can create smaller magical effects without the aid of the Staff. She can freely float, although this ability is not as useful as actual flight which requires a spell. She was seen moving objects with her mind to clean the Runaways new home.

• Flight: She can fly with the Staff of one.
  • Magical Telekinesis: She can levitate and move objects with the mind magically nor psychokinetically.
  • Witch Arm: The new arm itself works similar to her using the Staff of One to cast spells.

She cannot repeat spells with the Staff or they either won't work or will cause a random effect. This was evident in the early period of the Runaways escape from their parents when Nico attempted to use the "freeze" spell she had used on Stacey Yorkes and accidentally conjured a flock of pelicans. The use of different languages and the extent of her vocabulary permit her to perform more spells.

The Staff of One: This ancient magical item has become a part of Minoru. She can call it forth by shedding blood (through cutting herself, menstruating or being wounded) and reciting, "When blood is shed, let the Staff of One emerge." The staff appears out of her chest, passing through her skin and clothing without harm. Once summoned, the staff used to work for anyone. But as evidenced by the confrontation with Val Rhymin's magician the Staff has recently developed the ability to defend itself in a violent manner. Minoru can cast spells by invoking painful memories, thinking of an effect, and giving the spell a name. There are no "standard" spells; in fact, casting any spell a second time produces an unpredictable (and usually undesirable) effect. Minoru's spells can affect the elements (earth, air, fire, water), time and/or space, matter and/or energy, light, biological processes, and mental processes, and can apparently summon creatures from other dimensions; in short, the staff allows Minoru to do anything she can imagine, short of raising the dead. After the staff has expended a certain amount of power, it disappears inside Minoru again. The Staff has been recently updated into a version of the Witchbreaker's Staff, Nico's magical powers considerably augmented.

Karolina Dean(Lucy in the Sky)

No Caption Provided

She is part of the Original Runaways with Nico Minoru, But her parents were Aliens from the Planet Majesdane, and as such, Are capable of absorbing solar radiation to exist in Light forms. This grants her a few powers.

Majesdanian physiology allows for several powers and special adaptions including:

• Solar Energy Manipulation: They is able to absorb solar radiation and convert it into a unique energy type which she can manipulate for various uses. Power level is related to exposure to sunlight. It is possible this is absorption of some sort of cosmic energy. This solar energy is stored in every cell of their bodies, even blood.
    • Bioluminescent: In their natural state, Majesdanians' skin and hair are luminescent with shimmering, rainbow-colored light of solar radiation. This vibrant appearance can be suppressed to appear human through training or through specific types of metals.
    • Light Energy Blasts: Majesdanians can also project the solar energy in a beam of variable intensity and diameter, from a wide concussive blast to a thin laser-like cutting beam.
    • Force Fields: Majesdanians can control the projected energy forming defensive barriers, enfolding shields, or restraining people.
    • Heat Manipulation: Majesdanians can both withstand extremely high temperatures[1] and emit warmth.
  • Flight: Majesdanians are able to propel themselves into the air leaving a rainbow-like trail behind.
  • Enhanced Strength: Majesdanians also appears to be stronger than an average human.

Aspen Matthews

No Caption Provided

Aspen is a unique being in the world, the only person to be born of a union of the races of the Blue and the Black. As such, she has the ability to manipulate water and energy for a variety of effects. Aspen is also a world renowned marine biologist, and of course a bit of a genius.

Aspen's unique heritage provides her with amazing powers. Like all Blue, she can manipulate water, but since she is also a Black she can do this to a much greater degree than other Blue's. She can instantly form massive waves and tsunami's without even thinking about it, as well as control the oceans if storms or other things cause them to become destructive. Her powers doesn't only work on a large scale though, she can form water into solid shapes or even make it sturdy enough to walk on. Aspen can control all liquid, allowing her to even change the flow of blood in someone's body or rip it out to kill them. She can change her physical body into water, letting it disperse and being able to pull herself back together. She also has the potential for massive amounts of ice control, though it hasn't been shown yet. As a Black she is capable of healing wounds (even fatal ones), shooting blasts of energy from her hands and becoming energy herself. She has been shown to have had her body destroyed and to remake it out of energy and water. She also has telepathy, but she's only used it with the Blacks, who are telepaths themselves.

Aside from her powers, Aspen is physically in great condition. Even before she knew about her powers, she was an Olympic swimmer and always kept in shape. Her basic biology is slightly different than other humans in that she has some additional brain tissue, her red-cell density is twice the average, she has the more flexible bone structure of someone still growing, and she naturally has 5 times the lung capacity of an Olympic swimmer. Aspen is also very intelligent and extremely knowledgeable about things involving water and the ocean thanks to her extensive education and experience as a marine biologist.

N52 Wondergirl

No Caption Provided

Following the DC wide reboot into the new 52, Cassandra is one of the founding members of the Teen Titans, a group of teens who came together under the direction of Tim Drake so that they can escape capture by a mysterious organization. Much of her personal history and background remains unexplored, though she still has a connection to the gods based on her boasts during her fight with Superboy.

Thus far in the new 52 her powers are both changed and ill defined. She still has the abilities of strength and flight and has been shown to stand off at relative power levels to powerful beings such as Superboy. Her powers do now seem to much more based on her equipment. For instance, her bracelets can create a force field when she holds them crossed in front of herself. While her items seem to be the source of at least some of her power it is not yet clear exactly how much of her own power that is. She also employs a lasso as before, but this lasso is also of undefined abilities, aside for being unbreakable. It is revealed that her powers are derived from an invisible armor that is referred to as the Silent Armor

uh, yeah.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Veitha

@funsiized: here's the intro. First of all, I've never used Fables characters in a CaV and maybe this is the first time they're used in a debate here on CV, and the debating style with them doesn't rely on feats, but more on tactics and the way they will use their powers. I'll show you later with our openings what I mean.

Frau Totenkinder

Frau Totenkinder, the Leader of the 7th Floor Witches

In the Fables universe there are some characters that are the phisical manifestation of some concepts or of large groups of characters with no names sharing some characteristics. For example, Jack of Fables represents every Jack ever appeared in any fable, he is every single Jack appeared in every fable.

Frau Totenkinder instead represents every nameless witch ever appeared in every fable. She is the first witch, and this makes her the most powerful witch in the entire Fables universe. She is Rapunzel's witch, Hansel and Gretel's witch and the Black Forest witch and so on.

She was born in one of the Homeland worlds during Prehistory and when she first manifested her powers she was banned from her tribe from her lover, who had gotten her pregnant. Then she killed her own baby to gain enormous powers, destroyed her tribe and started sacrificing more and more babies every year, to the point that she became the most powerful witch in the Homelands. When the Fables went into our "Mundane" world, she started financing abortion clinics to gain more and more power, to the point that she became essentially unbeatable on the magical side. She is a master of prep and she's for sure the smartest person here.

Her true form is of a beautiful, young woman. In fact she prefers staying in her "old lady" form because she thinks that being old deprivates people of dangerous feelings, but when she enters a battle she gets into this powerful form, in which her body gets younger, her crochets become knives and her rocker becomes her home(being it a tower or a candy house) or a teleportation door:

Bigby Wolf

Bigby Wolf, the Sheriff of Fabletown

He is a very smart man, a keen detective and a very good soldier, but first of all, he is the son of the North Wind, one of the Abstract beings of the Fables universe, and a female wolf.

He was the last of the children they generated, and he was the only one who refused to learn to use his shapeshifting abilities, and decided to learn just how to turn into a wolf and into a human being, since he hated his father because he let his mother die.

He is the Big Bad Wolf who tried to ate the Three Little Pigs, the one who ate Red Riding Hood and every other wolf ever appeared in a European fable. Because of this, he cannot get near to the Farm, the place where every animal Fable lives.

He is old and smart, he will live as long as someone in the Mundane World will remember who the Big Bad Wolf is(this is how the Fables universe works: the more famouse a Fable is, the most difficult to kill it gets), and he can shift easily from his human form to his giant wolf form. He is also able to manipulate and to speak with winds, who are always ready to obey him(since he is the son of the North Wind).

This is called the Huff-And-Puff
This is called the Huff-And-Puff

Lumi, the Snow Queen

She is also related to the North Wind, but we still don't know how exactly(but she could possibly be one of his daughters). She is the physical manifestation of Winter, in all of his characteristics. Wherever she goes, she can bring winter, with snow, cold winds and ice.

She is the one of the few European Fables who kept her own Realm of ice and snow, populated by Ice Giants, by becoming an ally of the Adversary.

She can bring worldwide Winters and reduce entire populations to death thanks to her powers, and she is also a powerful witch, being able to shapeshift and summon other powerful entities.

No Caption Provided

Rogue

The X-Man from the South, she can absorb powers, energies and memories from anyone she touches, and she's become quite good in managing to use other people powers and adapt to them.

In this particular battle we agreed for her to have:

• Monet St.Croix Strenght, Durability and Flight: 10 tonner, supersonic flight and invulnerability from physical attacks.
  • Cyclops' optic blast;
  • Wolverine claws and healing factor:
No Caption Provided

So here's my team. You can post the first battle post, if you want :)

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Veitha
Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: YO!, Sorry for that, I was doing some stuff with school and things just got completely out of hand. I want tog et this out as fast as possible, so not many feats if any upfront. Just ask and i will deliver.

Battle

To start off, i'm going to have Aspen Jump into the Water and Merge with it. Her Water controlling abilities will allow her to prevent Lumi from Freezing it and allows her to truly go incorporeal. Then, Nico will make the entire team Invisible. Then it's just a matter of systematically dismantling your team.

To deal with the fact that any thing we attempt to do to Rouge will simply not faze her. Wondergirl works on her, Having similar Strength, Speed, And flight. She is the best match for her. Plus, her armor should protect her from Cyclops blast and if it does not, I have an idea for that. Over all, all she has to do is wrap Rouge up in Her Lasso which is unbreakable.

If Lumi attempts to create a never winter(see what i did there) Nico can simply suck it up and redirect it to another one of your compatriots. If she directs a blast of cold at anybody, and over all, she can simply say "snow globe" and Completely isolate her from everything else.

Bigby is tricky, an i don't have anything to counter him specifically. My best bet I'm assuming would be to send Aspen after him in her Water form. She can Simply drag him into her Territory and completely overwhelm him. Should he attempt to Use wind attacks, Nico can redirect them.

Karolinas Main job is to keep Frau occupied so that she can get some help and they can eliminate her most effectively. Considering i have no idea if Frau is about to pull some Reality warping out of nowhere, i'll just say Karolina blast her some and leave it at that.