CAV: uugieboogie Vs captain_batman_FTW (VOTING OPEN)

• 150 results
Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@captain_batman_ftw said:

This was from justice league #2, batman and green lantern was seeking help from superman to find out more about the mother boxes and darkseid's soldiers. (Forgot their name) This one has a radius that would be impossible for captain america to escape because it goes in all directions it's pointed towards. (Just like when we turn on music or something like that, the sound spreads all around the room)
This was from justice league #2, batman and green lantern was seeking help from superman to find out more about the mother boxes and darkseid's soldiers. (Forgot their name) This one has a radius that would be impossible for captain america to escape because it goes in all directions it's pointed towards. (Just like when we turn on music or something like that, the sound spreads all around the room)

@uugieboogie: The issues of the people on venom and the story itself is from #1-6, and in issue 7-8, he was fighting bane.

The radius and distance between the sonics depends on which one he uses, I'm sure he is not going to use the one he used on superman, but he can use the ones he used against the man-bats. The ones he used on the man-bats was low-level sonics, but it will still hurt captain america.

I kinda made a silly thing a few hours ago. I accidently deleted all of my comics and I had to download them all back, but I'm waiting for them to be finished, but until then, I'm just going to name the issues. In detective comics #19-20, he tossed small pellets that just looked like pellets, but it was sonics that put down the man-bats. When he was fighting another man-bat, he tossed a batarang behind the man-bat hitting the wall, (At first I thought he missed) and what happened after it got stuck on the wall, the sonic got activated. In batman #18, he tossed batarangs at three venom enhanced dogs and two of them ran away and the one covered his ears because the sound was to high and squeqy meaning that it was sonics.

I currently don't have the scans, but you can see batman taking out a talon with a freeze grenade in detective comics #9, if it took out the talon. Also, the scan you posted about captain america getting out of the block of ice wasn't a counter either, really. The scientist or whoever they were was warming up the ice making it taw so much faster. Unfortunatly, there are no scientist tawing out the ice in a match against batman. Also, you know that scan you posted from civil war? where tony was beating up cap and hercules got mad? Yes, Steve barely survived that beat down, batman got blasted by Orm's magic lightning and he got knocked out of course, but his suit didn't get damaged, that lightning was powerful enough to knock out superman and wonder woman. If iron man ever was to try and hit superman, superman wouldn't have flinched, neither would wonder woman, but batman survived the same hit as them.

If you want great batman stories, read Snyder's new 52 run on batman, the series is called batman of course. I have also read three issues on dimension z, I'm currently on the fourth and alongside the other comics, dimension z also got deleted.

I'm not done yet, I'm just going to post some scan from Justice league and one feat from nightwing #30, just to wrap it up.

• The sonics he used for Man-bat fight was that a prepped fight or was it a random encounter?

Random encounter.

• Which Talon was it? Did the Talon have any feats of his own? & was nobody thawing Steve out when the Ice was on his legs, do you have anything that shows how dense or how hard the ice that Batman's grenades produce?

How hard and dense? Mate, it was dense enough to make a talon look like a statue. He only had ice in his legs, not his entire body, the freeze grenades batman was using, covered up the most of the body, that's why the talons couldn't move, now before you say anything, some talons just as strong and fast as the ones Bruce froze was fighting inside of the batcave while it was -20 degree.

• I hope you aren't comparing Batman's durability to Superman & Wonder Woman. That feat is really inconsistent. The stream he used on Batman looks smaller than the one he used on Superman , WW & AM. On top of that the next time he used it on AM he completely tanked it. A lot of ppl dismiss that as a PIS instance.

Actually, it's not PIS seeing as how batman has proven that his armor is strong enough to take blasts like that. Do you know why aquaman survived those blasts? Because he was in the water, that also means that whatever happens, he will just heal back and act as if nothing happened. No, I'm not comparing Batman's durability with Clark and Diana, I'm just saying that he survived the same type of attack. Orm blasted wonder woman and superman with lightning from the sky, but Orm blasted Bruce from the trident, it is still a better durability feat than what captain america has shown by a mile, because everytime Orm blasted aquaman, he got weaker and weaker when he was in the water, batman suvived it and do you know what happened later on when he awakened? He continuted on as if nothing happened, so I believe it's safe to say that batman has better durability due to the armor.

• Okay, I'll upload my last bit of scans after you & we should be done after that.

Yes, and then we'll go over and look at which durability's (I think this one is already set for batman), strenght, speed, skill and equipment is better.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I just saw one of your first post where you asked me some question right now, it didn't come in my notiication.... I'm just going to answer that, then we'll post the rest of our scans and the the votings may be open.

Just one thing, I think that votes from 69-ballz-deep and wenjun should not count. Don't kno if they have seen this thread, but I think it would be fair if their votes didn't count since the don't care how the debate goes and both of them are biased.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

tag please!

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@uugieboogie: The issues of the people on venom and the story itself is from #1-6, and in issue 7-8, he was fighting bane.

The radius and distance between the sonics depends on which one he uses, I'm sure he is not going to use the one he used on superman, but he can use the ones he used against the man-bats. The ones he used on the man-bats was low-level sonics, but it will still hurt captain america.

I kinda made a silly thing a few hours ago. I accidently deleted all of my comics and I had to download them all back, but I'm waiting for them to be finished, but until then, I'm just going to name the issues. In detective comics #19-20, he tossed small pellets that just looked like pellets, but it was sonics that put down the man-bats. When he was fighting another man-bat, he tossed a batarang behind the man-bat hitting the wall, (At first I thought he missed) and what happened after it got stuck on the wall, the sonic got activated. In batman #18, he tossed batarangs at three venom enhanced dogs and two of them ran away and the one covered his ears because the sound was to high and squeqy meaning that it was sonics.

I currently don't have the scans, but you can see batman taking out a talon with a freeze grenade in detective comics #9, if it took out the talon. Also, the scan you posted about captain america getting out of the block of ice wasn't a counter either, really. The scientist or whoever they were was warming up the ice making it taw so much faster. Unfortunatly, there are no scientist tawing out the ice in a match against batman. Also, you know that scan you posted from civil war? where tony was beating up cap and hercules got mad? Yes, Steve barely survived that beat down, batman got blasted by Orm's magic lightning and he got knocked out of course, but his suit didn't get damaged, that lightning was powerful enough to knock out superman and wonder woman. If iron man ever was to try and hit superman, superman wouldn't have flinched, neither would wonder woman, but batman survived the same hit as them.

If you want great batman stories, read Snyder's new 52 run on batman, the series is called batman of course. I have also read three issues on dimension z, I'm currently on the fourth and alongside the other comics, dimension z also got deleted.

I'm not done yet, I'm just going to post some scan from Justice league and one feat from nightwing #30, just to wrap it up.

• The sonics he used for Man-bat fight was that a prepped fight or was it a random encounter?

Random encounter.

1. Okay do you know the radius of the sonic attack?
  • Which Talon was it? Did the Talon have any feats of his own? & was nobody thawing Steve out when the Ice was on his legs, do you have anything that shows how dense or how hard the ice that Batman's grenades produce?

How hard and dense? Mate, it was dense enough to make a talon look like a statue. He only had ice in his legs, not his entire body, the freeze grenades batman was using, covered up the most of the body, that's why the talons couldn't move, now before you say anything, some talons just as strong and fast as the ones Bruce froze was fighting inside of the batcave while it was -20 degree.

1. Yeah but which Talon was this? Are there any feats for the Talon mentioned in the scan?
  • I hope you aren't comparing Batman's durability to Superman & Wonder Woman. That feat is really inconsistent. The stream he used on Batman looks smaller than the one he used on Superman , WW & AM. On top of that the next time he used it on AM he completely tanked it. A lot of ppl dismiss that as a PIS instance.

Actually, it's not PIS seeing as how batman has proven that his armor is strong enough to take blasts like that. Do you know why aquaman survived those blasts? Because he was in the water, that also means that whatever happens, he will just heal back and act as if nothing happened. No, I'm not comparing Batman's durability with Clark and Diana, I'm just saying that he survived the same type of attack. Orm blasted wonder woman and superman with lightning from the sky, but Orm blasted Bruce from the trident, it is still a better durability feat than what captain america has shown by a mile, because everytime Orm blasted aquaman, he got weaker and weaker when he was in the water, batman suvived it and do you know what happened later on when he awakened? He continuted on as if nothing happened, so I believe it's safe to say that batman has better durability due to the armor.

1. He was knocked out by that attack which was different from the attack & it was different from the ones the others were hit with. That doesn't compare really to Cap getting blown up by Gambit, or Cap cutting a whole in his own chest & still being up & mobile. Also lets not forget Cap getting shot in the head & only being down for 12 minutes.
  • Okay, I'll upload my last bit of scans after you & we should be done after that.

Yes, and then we'll go over and look at which durability's (I think this one is already set for batman), strenght, speed, skill and equipment is better.

My replies are numbered & underlined

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

Random encounter.

1. Okay do you know the radius of the sonic attack?

That was a sonic that went in a omnidirection.

1. Yeah but which Talon was this? Are there any feats for the Talon mentioned in the scan?

Unfortuantly, no, that Talon does not have any feats, but it simply doesn't matter, due to the court of owls enhancing all of the talons after William Cobb got defeated by batman.

1. He was knocked out by that attack which was different from the attack & it was different from the ones the others were hit with. That doesn't compare really to Cap getting blown up by Gambit, or Cap cutting a whole in his own chest & still being up & mobile. Also lets not forget Cap getting shot in the head & only being down for 12 minutes.

No, Orm blasted batman with the same blasts he used on Aquaman, aquaman got weakend multiple times, if it wouldn't have been for the water, aquaman would have been knocked out in the first scan. It's still a better durability feat than what cap has shown, in the same comic, do you know what aquaman was doing? He was trading punches with wonder woman without getting knocked out. Him getting weakend by orm's blast when he got hit should show us just how much batman tanked.
Please, it's pretty obvious that it's, lightning blasts > getting blown by gambit. Yes, the one where he got knocked out with a bullet in his head. How is that a durability feat? You just answered that whole feat yourself, He was down for 12 minutes, batman got slammed into a wall of bricks by superman and he didn't get knocked out. Orm used the same blasts he used on aquaman against batman.

My replies are numbered & underlined

My replies are straight under yours.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@matchesmalone21: Thanks... So what he's going to have to prove is which one is really standard equipment for him. & also the radius for the omni directional one

@captain_batman_ftw

• No there isn't anything that says they're faster than bullets but its still an impressive feat since it was at point blank range
  • Someone providing pictures of the sonics that Batman uses. Two were burst in one direction & the other two were Omni_directional. Which ones are standard equipment for him? Also whats the radius on the omni directional ones?
  • And its different because Cap was in a freefall he wasn't jumping around. & again as he showed how good his dodging is in zero gravity.
  • Do you have scans of batman's ice grenades? Also do you know what the radius of it is? I don't see why Cap can't just dodge the grenade.

Of course he can dodge it, but what makes you think that he will use it at the start of the match?

• Instead of those speedsters I have two more scans of him dodging Quicksilver instead & we know how fast Quicksilver is.

Quicksilver isn't that fast, seriously, he is only a mach 5'er for a speedster, it is impressive, but it's too bad I can't use pre-52 feats cause batman dodged a punch from a mind-controlled superman .

• Thats kind of like this scan they saw Cap & aimed their guns at him but before they could fired he vanished & jumped into the tree.
  • This fight in the beginning Cap wasn't even paying him any mind at first. Whats impressive is that Cap's armor isn't like batman's. Batman armor is bullet proof & can't withstand a lot of attacks. Cap armor isn't it was completely blown off he has no wounds & still kept fighting. I was going to save that for my durability section but it was a good fight scene two.

I have the perfect counter for this.

• Its the fact that its two SS fighting him while he has nothing. Remember how frail & fragile Cap was before he has the serum.

No, in the scans the people didn't do shit, and it looked like captain america already knew how to fight, not to mention his courage that makes it so much easier to consentrate. What he actually did in that scan was to go for the gun first and it goes on from there. I posted a similar feat where batman one-shotted multiple people on venom.

• What has Wilcat done that makes him superhuman? I thought he was just peak?

His speed actually, he also has 9 lives or something, his speed and strenght is what makes him kind of above peak human. He already has a good amount of strenght, add up his speed and it's not to be taken like a joke.

• Also the superhuman has a SSS but unlike Cap's it actually made him superhuman & he is a 50 tonner.

Who is a 50 tonner? Sorry, I forgot which scan you were talking about.

• If you posted something similar you would have to repost because none of the scans from your first post can be seen.

Just tell me what I'm going to post again and I'll do it.

• http://www.comicvine.com/tchaka/4005-62659/ & he had the heart-shaped herb which gives them enhanced abilities & connects them with the panther god.

Does T'calla's father have as fast speed, as much strenght and as good agility as him and the same skill? Cause T'challa has the speed of the dead kings, that also means add up his father's speed making him faster.

• If you could show some scans of how strong this new venom is that would help. But was superman serious or was he holding back?

He was holding back, but it actually made him bleed, not to mention that when bane is on this venom, he is stronger.

• Are the magnets in his standard equipment? How often did he use them & how strong were they? Cap has used gravity grips recently in the comics.

ooooh, his magnets are pretty damn strong, he managed to break free from some cables that was made by WayneTech. It's standard equipment, he uses it when nececary, if it comes down to the point where he feels that cap's shield is the biggest threat, I can see him use it.

• No but Onslaught is durable. Also if Cap throws his shield & lets it do the ricochet effect while he's fighting Batman thats both an advantage for cap & a distraction for bats. Cap has been shown to run fast enough to keep up with his shield. A shield toss at batman will cause batman to dodge & Cap is fast enough to be right in front of his face when he finishes dodging.

I'm sorry, but this is just an assumtsion, I might as well go ahead and say that batman can just throw multiple reverse batarangs and make it hit cap cause he can't block them all at the same time. Also, he hit onslaught in the neck? That's a weak spot for basicaly any being that has their necks connected to most part of the body.

• If it was pre 52 than it was kind of pointless to bring up. Has he dodged in speedsters in New 52? I saw him get tagged by Cheetah

What? You saw him get tagged by cheetah? Why is that a surprise, actually? Cheetah has tagged flash before, not to mention that she hurt superman badly.

• I will check out your scans next & do my next post later
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The batmobile is bulletproof, nightwing jumped with batman and the roof of the car got destroyed. Not to mention that when batman kicked nightwing, the windows of the bat-boat got shattered. This was without his armor. Just look at those scans, all of them and look at the punishment he took.

Getting slammed into a wall of bricks by superman, superman actually thought that batman had super powers, so you can't say that he held back by a lot. Not to mention that Clark was using his super-speed.
Getting slammed into a wall of bricks by superman, superman actually thought that batman had super powers, so you can't say that he held back by a lot. Not to mention that Clark was using his super-speed.

The scans I posted with batman's equipment, yes, that. Freeze grenade was random encounter, when he used sonics on the man-bats and superman, it was a random equipment, magnets was a random encounter.
I think I'm done at least, if you have any more scans to show, then do it and then we'll discuss.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By uugieboogie

@captain_batman_ftw: my internet has been acting up the past few days & I can't post anything either . We can start the voting of you want bro

But with batman's sonic & ice grenades there's nothing to show they'll hit him. Without the radius of his sonic grenade we don't know how far out it goes, Cap can clear a few feet in moments. & I can see Cap dodging an ice grenade. He'll think it's a regualr grenade & he spent an entire war dodging those. As for his suits durability, without PIS involved I don't see Batman suit being stronger than Iron Man's or a tank.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Okay, then, it's set. Just go through everyone that has asked to be tagged and tag some yourself, and let the votes commence. Lol.

I can't do it now, cause I'm on my phone.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: lol me neither but I'll do it as soon as I get home . I get off of work in about 2 hours

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, I'll read through the thread and vote in a little bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: ill be able to vote for ya soon gotta go to work soon, but after i can give ya my answer.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gimme a bit to read through it!

Jmarshmallow

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120: Thank you. Thanks for also voting and using your time one this debate :D.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: @captain_batman_ftw:

I've read through this about 3 times now, it's a very close debate and and the counter arguments and well thought out. I think almost all points were backed with good scans. In the end I think captain_batman_ftw had more scans that left questions unanswered, while the Captain America scans were definitive, not to mention how many good examples there were for each category (strength, durability, etc.). Great debate you guys, I gotta give my vote to uugieboogie

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I gotta give it to Captain Batman on this one. My vote was going to go to uugie, but the durability scans were too much to ignore.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brucey_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that uungieboogie did a better job of showcasing captain America's skill set so my vote goes to him

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was very, very close. You both did a good job and each brought great feats to the table. But after reading through it, I have to give it to captain batman. His durability feats for the suit and in general were pretty insane. uugieboogie almost had me convinced halfway through because he showed lots of scans of Cap beating quality opponents, but I simply don't think that uugieboogie was able to come up with an effective counter for Batman's gadgets, particularly the sonics. So my vote goes to Captain Batman.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: alright I'll try to check this out but prepared for an underwhelming answer on who I think wins

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie brought out some great feats for cap, but like Bourne I didnt see an effective counter for Batmans gadgets. You both did a great job, but I'm going to have to give it to @captain_batman_ftw in a vey close argument.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idude said:

@uugieboogie brought out some great feats for cap, but like @thebourneposter I didnt see an effective counter for Batmans gadgets. You both did a great job, but I'm going to have to give it to @captain_batman_ftw in a vey close argument.

I thought I shown a counter for every gadget besides the sonics. All I wanted to know was the radius of his sonic gadgets & which one he carried consistently without prep. I've seen an AoE sonic weapon & a directional sonic weapon. The directional sonic weapon I posted a scan of Cap dodging a sonic blast from an opponent.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By iDude

@uugieboogie said:

@idude said:

@uugieboogie brought out some great feats for cap, but like @thebourneposter I didnt see an effective counter for Batmans gadgets. You both did a great job, but I'm going to have to give it to @captain_batman_ftw in a vey close argument.

I thought I shown a counter for every gadget besides the sonics. All I wanted to know was the radius of his sonic gadgets & which one he carried consistently without prep. I've seen an AoE sonic weapon & a directional sonic weapon. The directional sonic weapon I posted a scan of Cap dodging a sonic blast from an opponent.

You're right it was mainly the Sonics, My bad.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read it twice to double make sure, My vote goes to Uugie imo only because i felt the scans were able to not only support why Cap would win over bat, but showed some excellent feats for cap that i think a lot of us forget. I feel that batman's side was just, and was outstanding on giving us the why batman would win, and i feel due to your scans he should win, i just fee uugie provided some amazing evidence that suppots why in this argument/debate alone that cap would win a majority. Sorry it seems confusing, but if u want me to go more in depth feel free to ask i can try to explain it better. Basically the main point is i felt in this debate the scans uugie provided us would have us view cap winning more than batman ( not thinking about outside information ), but just what was displayed. Anyway great debate and captain batman u did a great job for not being here for very long amazing job.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Mostly what others have said before, your knowledge on cap really shined and you posted better and more relevant feats. Though @captain_batman_ftw did a good job of illustrating batman's versatility, I felt like your feats outclassed his and you gave a better overall opinion. Well done by both sides, could have gone either way really for me.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@uugieboogie: You get my vote too.
I guess the physicals added to the impressive skills are enough to reduce the effectiveness of Batman's gadgets.
I think that the raw advantages of the extreme condition of Batman are a bit under Cap America's enhancements and combat skills.
The versatility of his shield is proved too. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone that read my kast post with scans and such, it was a little messy because I was stressing alot.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Appzashok

@captain_batman_ftw: Both of u were doing an awesome job. This is very close, counter and recounter made.

You get my vote for explaining the versatility of gadgets n unpredictable combat strategy of bats.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By nickthedevil
Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Kingant27

Good debating guys, both of you represented the characters very well.

My vote goes to @uugieboogie: I feel he countered Batman's equipment very well; and showed his superior physical stats, that would give him the edge/slight advantage.

captain_batman_FTW: You represented Batman very well.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 HigorM  Moderator
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

@captain_batman_ftw: @uugieboogie: Can I vote on this? I'd like to make a honest post about your fight..

Yes, of course, those who has not been tagged are also allowed to vote.

Captain_batman_FTW: 7 votes.

Uugieboogie: 6 points.

I counted and this is what has happened this far, you can also check the answer to the votes yourself just to be sure.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 HigorM  Moderator

@captain_batman_ftw: @uugieboogie:

From what I've seen, and considering this was your first CaV, I believe you both did a good job but there's still room for improvement. One thing you must work on is formatting.

When debating, it's always better when you present a clean and organized post with your arguments, specially when it comes with scans. Posting lots of scans only shows you lack real arguments, and tend to polute the topic at the same time that turns it harder to load.

This is important because you are not only debate for yourselves but also for voters, those who will determine the victor based on which one of you debated better. A good tip is to use the spoiler block to hide your scans in order to make it easy for us to see.

I saw that you more than once quoted a already big post full of pictures, which is a bad thing since we don't need to see it so many times, just use the quote function to bring parts of arguments and not scans.

As for the debate, it seems that you relied more on presenting what your character can do, posting their feats of abilites, order than proving howthey are going to win this battle. Remember that in a CaV we choose the best debater, not the one who posted the best "respect feats".

That being said, I believe cpFTW was slightly superior, but barely won.

Hope you guys take this as a positive cristicism from someone who also did not know much at the beginning but that was humble enough to learn from mistakes and accept criticism to improve more each day.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: Thanks for your vote. The main thing about criticism is actually about to learn from your mistakes, that's actually what we needed in our first CaV. I remember my teacher years ago telling me that when you are in a debate, you need to take the criticism and ask people about their feedback, so you can improve yourself in debating and learn from your mistakes. Thanks for your vote anyways. This was our first time, we can always improve and learn from our mistakes.

Captain_batman_FTW: 8 votes.

Uugieboogie: 6 votes.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 HigorM  Moderator

@captain_batman_ftw: Excellent. You can count on me for future guidance if you want, I'll be more than glad to help.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: I'll be needing it, so thanks.