No Caption Provided

Daredevil // Wolverine08

No Caption Provided

Tale of the Tape [ Stolen from Sovereign91001 ]

DeadshotDaredevil
Name: Floyd LawtonName: Matthew Murdock
Affiliation: MoneyAffiliation: Good
Profession: AssassinProfession: Lawyer + Vigilante
First Appearance: Batman #59 (1950)First Appearance: Daredevil #1 (1964)

Rules & Regulations

• Random Encounter
  • Starting Distance: 50 feet
  • Combatants are in character
  • Pre 52 + New 52 feats allowed for Deadshot
  • Standard Gear
  • Winner by KO, Death, or Incap.
  • Battlefield is vacant - no citizens or inhabitants besides the combatants themselves

No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have a feeling this will not finish because your guys last CaV is incomplete.

But awesome nonetheless

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Awesome, tag for votes. Please.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

@wolverine08: I wish you the best of luck, though you'll probably spout off something about how you're the best there is and you don't need luck and then follow it with a gif of a wrestler making a face while he throws his arms into the air.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolverine008

But awesome nonetheless

DESTINY WILL HAVE US FINISH!

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

But awesome nonetheless

I will always hold that against him - if that happens again it'll make ME the best there is!

Awesome, tag for votes. Please.

Since you asked so kindly, I'll be sure to do so :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I wish you the best of luck, though you'll probably spout off something about how you're the best there is and you don't need luck and then follow it with a gif of a wrestler making a face while he throws his arms into the air.

No Caption Provided

BEST.THERE.IS.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tag for votes, after the 2 pages of wresting GIF's.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: The last CaV says otherwise, especially since in the last one, you used Matt as well :P

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Due to the fact that I began reformatting my library of scans [ I've got 20GB of em that I've been sorting through, cleaning up, and organizing ] I've realized that I don't have any of my Deadshot scans.

I can easily reaccquire them within 1-2 days; however, if you wouldn't like to wait that long feel free to create an opener. If not - then I'll have something up [ hopefully ] by Saturday.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shplag for votes please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Hook me up with a tag please.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Due to the fact that I began reformatting my library of scans [ I've got 20GB of em that I've been sorting through, cleaning up, and organizing ] I've realized that I don't have any of my Deadshot scans.

I can easily reaccquire them within 1-2 days; however, if you wouldn't like to wait that long feel free to create an opener. If not - then I'll have something up [ hopefully ] by Saturday.

Hey man, you still on this for around Saturday/Sunday?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

Yes - I'm sorry, I had to pick up an extra shift at my job which was on the day off I had originially planned to get my opener up for this. I promise you I'll have something by the end of the weekend.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be good™

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

Yes - I'm sorry, I had to pick up an extra shift at my job which was on the day off I had originially planned to get my opener up for this. I promise you I'll have something by the end of the weekend.

It's all good man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dondave said:

This should be good™

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dondave: I was just sort of like "Ayy the trademark is back" :p

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Remember to tag me

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

23 posts, no debate. lol.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

23 posts, no debate. lol.

Pre fight hype!

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post 001 // Introduction - Floyd Lawton | Deadshot

No Caption Provided

Biography // Back Story

Floyd Lawton was the youngest of two brothers - his older brother being Edward Lawton. In the town that he grew up in his brother was more popular, got fantastic grades, and was an expert at woo'ing women; however, Floyd was not, and he was upset that others expected him to grow up to be just like his brother. Yet - Floyd still idolized his older brother and respected him for all of his life's achievements. When Floyd was close to adulthood his mother asked both him and his brother to kill their abusive father, Floyd turned the offer down even though he hated his father and was promptly locked within a shed by his brother. In an attempt to prevent his brother from making a terrible choice that would alter his life forever Floyd broke out of the shed & climbed a tree that was overlooking the house - rifle in hand. Floyd was meaning to shoot the gun out of his brother's hand; however, at the last minute the tree branch he was on snapped and the shot ended up killing his brother.

Floyd went through several stages in his life after this, attempting to be a hero in Gotham, ending up an enemy of the Batman, becoming an assassin for hire, and eventually earning himself a slot on the Suicide Squad.

Equipment // Standard Gear

I'll list Deadshot's standard gear for this fight - just so everyone knows what he'll have on him.

• Twin Wrist Gauntlet Guns - The trademark weapons of the DCU Assassin, Deadshot has a pair of guns mounted to his wrists. They have various firing modes [ can be semi or fully automatic ] along with several different ammunition types that can be switched via voice activation - these ammo types being Armor Piercing Rounds, Incendiary Rounds, Explosive Rounds, and Non Lethal Rounds.
  • Body Armor - Deadshot has a very durable suit of armor that he wears - the suit is insulated and has a special 'blood layer' to trick his foes into thinking they've killed him if the suit suffers enough damage. The suit itself is bullet proof - Deadshot has survived a sniper round directly to his head, though the impact did KO him for a short period of time, it's still impressive.
  • Visor - Deadshot's visor enables him to see in a variety of different visions & is connected to a network of radios so he can listen in on other's conversations or intercept transmissions.
  • Hidden Boot Gun - Deadshot keeps a small, single shot pistol in the sole of his right boot. He used the weapon to shoot Harley Quinn through the stomach in the New 52 Suicide Squad.

Attributes Showcase | Feats

Now that you know who Deadshot is & what he's carrying on him - it's time to display what he can do. I'll break this down into different sections:

• Durability
  • Accuracy
  • Reflexes
  • Hand to Hand

Durability

Deadshot isn't a meta human nor does he have an enhanced durability of sorts. His physicality would put him in the range or grouping of an incredibly athletic adult male - so I'll show what he can take without his armor on first.

Deadshot vs Catman | Cheap Shots

Catman smashes Deadshot's face through a computer monitor - Deadshot responds by punching Catman in the family jewels.

Deadshot vs Scandal Savage | Cheaters never Prosper

So Deadshot get's caught cheating on Scandal Savage and... she isn't too please about it. Deadshot doesn't make an attempt to fight back, he just takes the beating and it's a pretty SAVAGE one at that. This fight isn't meant to show anything but the fact that even without his armor he can take a beating.

However; I don't see Daredevil getting Deadshot's armor off - so how does Deadshot fare WITH his armor?

Deadshot vs Deathstroke | Bulletproof

As I mentioned earlier - Deadshot's armor is bullet proof. Here he faces off against Deathstroke in an ol' Western Style shoot out and the two pump each other full of lead. Deadshot takes a barrage of Uzi bullets straight to the chest but his armor protects him from death. He's most likely got a handful of broken bones but he'll live - even Black Adam says so.

Deadshot vs Closer | Screw your Super Strength!

Deadshot goes up against a bullet proof foe named 'The Closer' who he had worked with in the past. Closer is one of those generic types with Super Strength and enhanced durability - thus making him pretty deadly in the CQB game. Deadshot takes a handful of his punches and uses the close up advantage to shoot his eyes out, shoot him in the mouth, then blast him with a wrist mounted rocket.

I've got more - but I'll save them for when things get hairy - I'm confident enough that Deadshot can take this before it even get's to a close combat brawl.

Accuracy

You don't become one of the top assassins within the DCU if you've got lousy accuracy - so just how good is Deadshot? Well - I'm here to show you.

Deadshot vs Batman | Grappling Hook - Disabled

Here we see Deadshot's visor at work - analyzing the materials that Batman's suit and grappling line are made of. Seeing that Bruce is in a Kevlar suit he decides to go for the more delicate grappling hook line - shooting Bruce out of mid air with ease.

The visor should be pretty useful in this fight too - in that encounter we see that it's dark & raining - yet Deadshot can see with no hindrance.

Gang Warfare | Violence solves Violence

During the Deadshot miniseries he heads to Star City [ Green Arrow's turf ] and combats two rival gangs by himself. Notice that all of his shots are kill shots - either hitting his targets in the head or the heart. Deadshot also displays his wrist mounted RPG again.

Deadshot Freefall | That's not flying - it's Falling, with Style.

A feat from the New 52 - Deadshot manages to sink two bullets into the SAME exact spot [ the second bullet goes in the hole made by the first bullet ] while free falling from the sky. This is honestly one of the best feats of accuracy I've seen in a comic - not only that but Deadshot then disposes of another target with his wrist gauntlet while falling.

Again - I've got more of these but I don't want to drop a respect thread here - just enough to get a feel for the character.

Reflexes

Deadshot wouldn't be half the marksman he is without his killer reflexes - literally!

Sniper Dodge | Sniper no Sniping!

First Deadshot brings down a jeep that's speeding towards him - but then he hears the sound of a bullet being loaded into the chamber of a sniper rifle. Recognizing the sound he quickly turns - dodging the sniper bullet while also shooting the sniper in the head.

Deadshot vs Fire | [ Clever Remark Here ]

Deadshot goes up against Fire of the JLA and dodges her energy blasts - displaying some fantastic reflexes and some stellar agility to boot. He then shoots a propane tank to bring her down & shoots the gun out of a Checkmate Agent's hand - I do not know the name of this second person, but the main feat here is his reacting to Fire.

Deadshot vs Owen Mercer | Speedster's ain't Nothin!

Deadshot is able to keep his eyes trained on Owen Mercer - who has a connection to the Speed Force [ son of Digger Harkness and Meloni Thawne ] and can access quick bursts of speed. This is the same guy who took down a Jay Garrick Clone by tagging him with several explosive boomerangs and even caught WALLY WEST off guard with a Boomerang - yet Deadshot proves that his reactions are top notch.

Considering Daredevil isn't a speedster - I don't think that Deadshot will have a hard time tagging him, even if he has shown the ability to dodge bullets or thrown projectiles in the past, Deadshot's reflexes & accuracy are just too good!

Hand to Hand

I'm going to admit this right off - Daredevil surpasses Deadshot when it comes to hand to hand skill. Deadshot is not a martial artist, he's an assassin who uses guns and is darn good with em'. This section is only to show that if Daredevil DOES get close enough to Deadshot that Deadshot will be able to momentarily hold his own before he creates some more distance between the two of them.

Deadshot vs Robber | Let me show you how it's done!

Deadshot disarms a man who has a gun to the back of his head and then explains the proper way to rob a gas station - learn through example as they always say!

Deadshot vs 4 Cops | Freeze?

Not only does Deadshot doge the pistol fire from 4 cops in a point blank setting - he also combines CQB fighting with his wrist pistols to create a devastating effect. If Daredevil DOES get close enough to Deadshot then he'll be swinging punches while firing off some hot lead.

However; I feel as if this introduction post is long enough - I won't really get into the battle all that much until after your first post so I can see what Daredevil brings to the table.

I look forward to this CAV @wolverine08 - I know you're pretty darn good & I do apologize for being so late with my introduction. Real life can be a pain sometimes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You two at it again? Cool.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

You two at it again? Cool.

He fled from Bane in our last encounter - so to make sure he didn't escape I sent Deadshot after him :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tag me for voting plz

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wolverine008

@thetruebarryallen: Game time son!

No Caption Provided

Round 1:

No Caption Provided

Equipment // Standard Gear

I'll list Deadshot's standard gear for this fight - just so everyone knows what he'll have on him.

• Twin Wrist Gauntlet Guns - The trademark weapons of the DCU Assassin, Deadshot has a pair of guns mounted to his wrists. They have various firing modes [ can be semi or fully automatic ] along with several different ammunition types that can be switched via voice activation - these ammo types being Armor Piercing Rounds, Incendiary Rounds, Explosive Rounds, and Non Lethal Rounds.
  • Body Armor - Deadshot has a very durable suit of armor that he wears - the suit is insulated and has a special 'blood layer' to trick his foes into thinking they've killed him if the suit suffers enough damage. The suit itself is bullet proof - Deadshot has survived a sniper round directly to his head, though the impact did KO him for a short period of time, it's still impressive.
  • Visor - Deadshot's visor enables him to see in a variety of different visions & is connected to a network of radios so he can listen in on other's conversations or intercept transmissions.
  • Hidden Boot Gun - Deadshot keeps a small, single shot pistol in the sole of his right boot. He used the weapon to shoot Harley Quinn through the stomach in the New 52 Suicide Squad.

There really isn't much that I can touch on in regards to Daredevil's equipment. Matthew simply has one piece of equipment on him, his billy club:

No Caption Provided

He has a string attached to it so he can pull it back after throwing it. I'll expound later on how it can be a little bit of a game changer for Matthew in this fight.

Durability

Deadshot isn't a meta human nor does he have an enhanced durability of sorts. His physicality would put him in the range or grouping of an incredibly athletic adult male - so I'll show what he can take without his armor on first.

Deadshot vs Catman | Cheap Shots

Catman smashes Deadshot's face through a computer monitor - Deadshot responds by punching Catman in the family jewels.

Deadshot vs Scandal Savage | Cheaters never Prosper

So Deadshot get's caught cheating on Scandal Savage and... she isn't too please about it. Deadshot doesn't make an attempt to fight back, he just takes the beating and it's a pretty SAVAGE one at that. This fight isn't meant to show anything but the fact that even without his armor he can take a beating.

Well, for starters, are these guys as strong as Matthew. Granted, taking a beating is impressive any which way you cut it, but here in out, if Daredevil manages to get in close, Floyd will have to be dealing with blows from someone strong enough to turn over limos:

And use a 450 barbell like a bo staff:

However; I don't see Daredevil getting Deadshot's armor off - so how does Deadshot fare WITH his armor?

Deadshot vs Deathstroke | Bulletproof

As I mentioned earlier - Deadshot's armor is bullet proof. Here he faces off against Deathstroke in an ol' Western Style shoot out and the two pump each other full of lead. Deadshot takes a barrage of Uzi bullets straight to the chest but his armor protects him from death. He's most likely got a handful of broken bones but he'll live - even Black Adam says so.

Daredevil doesn't particularly need to take Deadshot's armor off to bring damage upon him. The durability granted to Floyd via his armor can be circumvented through Daredevil's vastly superior martial talent. Firstly and most importantly pressure points. Pressure points are made to bypass durability. This is why Wolverine can incapacitate a class 100+ Stronation Kid Gladiator whom soaks Venom blasts from Spider Woman that have made class 100's scream using a pressure point applied through his index finger:

No Caption Provided

or why Black Panther can incapacitate a bullet proof Luke Cage via his knowledge of nerve strikes:

No Caption Provided

Daredevil, being one of the best martial artists Marvel has to offer is no stranger to pressure points. He's used them to stop the breathing of a class 70 Mr. Hyde:

No Caption Provided

Punisher, some with pain tolerance great enough to fight through injuries such as a cut off calf, broken leg, throat slash, etc. while fighting Daken has screamed due to Daredevil's application of pressure points:

No Caption Provided

He also knows specific areas to strike as to paralyze somebody:

So let's just say that Daredevil has the damage output to cause Deadshot serious trouble once he lands blows in melee.

Deadshot vs Closer | Screw your Super Strength!

Deadshot goes up against a bullet proof foe named 'The Closer' who he had worked with in the past. Closer is one of those generic types with Super Strength and enhanced durability - thus making him pretty deadly in the CQB game. Deadshot takes a handful of his punches and uses the close up advantage to shoot his eyes out, shoot him in the mouth, then blast him with a wrist mounted rocket.

I've got more - but I'll save them for when things get hairy - I'm confident enough that Deadshot can take this before it even get's to a close combat brawl.

Instead of someone whom is in your own words, a generic type with super strength and enhanced durability, why don't we bring out Captain America, a bonafide metahuman whom has outraced bullets after they had been fired, runs at 60 MPH per hour, see bullets at en enhanced rate, and instead of Daredevil tanking hits from him, he simply uses his avoidance and agility to outmaneuver him in close quarters and manages to go untouched:

I would also remind you that Captain America is one of Marvel's best close quarters combatants. Knowing how to adapt to an opponent's fighting style, having mastered numerous martial arts like judo, boxing, etc. and having a varied knowledge in pressure points.

Reflexes/Avoidance:

Considering Daredevil isn't a speedster - I don't think that Deadshot will have a hard time tagging him, even if he has shown the ability to dodge bullets or thrown projectiles in the past, Deadshot's reflexes & accuracy are just too good!

While Deadshot's reflexes are indeed impressive, it doesn't necessarily equate to him not having that much trouble being able to tag Daredevil with his bullets. For one thing, it's not like Daredevil isn't extremely impressive reflex wise himself. Like Floyd, he's dodge a sniper rifle after it had been fired:

With an injured arm hindering him, he's still managed to react to a sniper rifle shot aimed at him and Spider-Man, even though Peter himself is rocking Mach 4 reaction time.

And for another showing of combat speed, Daredevil has managed to be on a sniper rifle, but not only disappear in plain sight while on its scope, but end up on the building of the man pointing the weapon at him while putting on his costume:

Matthew also has a good history of straight up deflecting bullets after they have been fired:

Daredevil has also has another apex, critical over reacting to and evading Deadshot's gunshots that people like Owen Mercer. Radar Sense. For those whom don't know, Radar Sense was the main result of the chemical accident Matthew experience when he was 12. It is essentially echolocation for human beings. That allows him better depth and perception of the surroundings in his environment. He's described Radar Sense as walking into a room and touching everything at once.

No Caption Provided

He also described it as feeling everything again after he retrained the effectiveness of his Radar with Stick:

No Caption Provided

In terms of combat, the Radar does this like let him feel bullets before they are even fired, which allows him to react and bat/evade them.

No Caption Provided

And if we don't want to settle for the incredible edge Radar Sense has given Daredevil, we can also look at the fact that extremely talented marksmen have had their aim trumped by Daredevil's Radar Sense avoidance capabilties. Let's start off with Frank Castle, AKA, the Punisher. He's one of Marvel street land's best shooters, and he has feats to back up the hype. Just like Deadshot, he's hit a speedtser. Burnout, and the guy was confirmed to be moving at Mach 2:

No Caption Provided

He's also tagged Spider-Man, albeit with rubber bullets:

No Caption Provided

Like I already mentioned, Peter does have Mach 4 reaction time:

No Caption Provided

But Daredevil has managed to dodge gunfire from Frank in close range, like here:

No Caption Provided

Or here:

No Caption Provided

or here:

No Caption Provided

There are more infamously sharp marksmen that have missed the mark when trying to tag Daredevil, but I'll stop here for now.

I'm going to admit this right off - Daredevil surpasses Deadshot when it comes to hand to hand skill. Deadshot is not a martial artist, he's an assassin who uses guns and is darn good with em'. This section is only to show that if Daredevil DOES get close enough to Deadshot that Deadshot will be able to momentarily hold his own before he creates some more distance between the two of them.

Deadshot vs Robber | Let me show you how it's done!

Deadshot disarms a man who has a gun to the back of his head and then explains the proper way to rob a gas station - learn through example as they always say!

Deadshot vs 4 Cops | Freeze?

Not only does Deadshot doge the pistol fire from 4 cops in a point blank setting - he also combines CQB fighting with his wrist pistols to create a devastating effect. If Daredevil DOES get close enough to Deadshot then he'll be swinging punches while firing off some hot lead.

I don't think any of this really proves that Floyd can momentarily hold his own in the likely case that Matthew can manage to get himself into a close range fight. For one, Daredevil is supremely more agile/mobile than Deadshot. If examples like being able to go untouched by a metahuman top tier martial artist like Captain America don't show that, then examples like so:

No Caption Provided

or so:

No Caption Provided

This agility means he can set the tempo, determine the path of the fight and such, and the fact remains that Daredevil has matched and overcome people far more dangerous in terms of melee combat than Floyd and simply is on another level in terms of technical skill in melee combat. He knows specific blows to paralyze a man, he knows how to use pressure points to stop breathing, incapacitate, has modified pressure points, has identified fighting styles with glances, etc. In terms of performances, he has trumped legit high end martial artists that are substantially deadlier melee combatants than the fodder cops and robbers Deadshot honestly has as his best melee showcasings. Captain America has already mentioned, but Daredevil has also gotten the upperhand on Black Panther, someone whom has mastered/studied every fighting style known to man, knows 32 different pressure points meant for death, can bring about sleep with pressure points, etc. in a H2H bout:

I'd also add that Black Panther reps metahuman stats great enough to bulldog and kill 1.5 ton Rhinos and keep pace with metahumans with Spider-Man speed wise due to physical enhancements from the heart shaped herb.

He also recently outdueled Psylocke, a skilled H2H combatant in her own right skilled in numerous martial arts in a fight and showcased his technical skill by picking her fighting style:

If Daredevil can hold his own and get edges one on one with martial artists of this caliber in close quarters, if he gets into a close quarters fight with Floyd, it's over. And in regards to Deadshot pumping off lead while in melee, like I already showed, Daredevil has shown himself capable of evading speedster tagging marksmen like Punisher in melee while still pushing the offensive, so I think it's safe he can do so here with Floyd.

Well, that's it from me for now. I'm looking forward to your next post. Best there is, out!

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Woah dude - I never got a notification from this & I had been so busy these past two weeks I've forgotten to check it. I'll have something up either Sunday or Monday. Sorry for making you wait this long, man!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pettus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be satisfying to my taste buds. Feed me a tag please.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pettus: Will do - when the time comes :)

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Alright - let's bring it in for Round 2

Post 002 // Rebuttals & Comparisons

No Caption Provided

You've laid out quite a lot there in your first post - and after reading/reviewing it over and over I do declare that this should be a fantastic battle of sorts. Since I had created "categories" such as durability, strength, etc... I've decided it'd be best to respond to that in sort of a "Deadliest Warrior" format in which I compare the two's showings & stats to decide who I believe fares better in each department.

The categories are as follows:

• Durability
  • Strength
  • Reflexes
  • Speed // Agility
  • Close Quarters Combat // Hand to Hand
  • Long Distance Combat // Accuracy

I think these are truly the "main" categories in any fight - so I'll be sure to carefully evaluate them. Now I may not directly quote everything you've mentioned but I'll try to respond to it in one way or another - be it agreeing with what you've stated or with a disagreement followed by a counter and/or rebuttal.

Durability

When it comes to a fight durability is always important, especially since we're dealing with two combatants who can dish out some serious damage be it with bullets or fists.

Now none of our characters have any form of enhanced durability via metagenes or super powers; however, Deadshot has a fantastically armored suit that's protected him from a vast amount of lethal blows, firearms, and explosions. It's the armor that I believe truly gives Deadshot the edge in this category.

Daredevil is - in the end - only human when it comes to his durability. His willpower & experience might allow him to take more hits & keep going longer than an Average Joe, but his skin isn't any tougher and his costume isn't anything truly "protective" against the piercing strikes of Floyd's bullets or the explosions from his Explosive Rounds.

If you'd like to contest this - feel free, but I think it's clear that Deadshot has the durability edge, ultimately due to his armor.

Edge: Deadshot

Strength

Now - Floyd has never been shown to be a fantastic combatant when it comes to using only his fists - and since he uses projectile weapons that only require him to aim and pull a trigger he hasn't gone through any extensive strengthening regiments nor does he have "strength" feats so to speak.

I'd put Deadshot in the strength range of an athletic adult male - but it's pretty clear from your scans that Daredevil is above that but below peak human.

I'm easily willing to give Daredevil the edge when it comes to physical strength.

Edge: Daredevil

Reflexes

This one is tough, truly it is.

Daredevil has some FANTASTIC reflexes due to his radar sense - but Floyd is no slouch either, I've shown him dodging point blank gunfire, reacting to a Sniper Round AFTER it had been fired, and being able to track & tag incredibly quick foes such as Fire and Owen Mercer, the second Captain Boomerang who was able to take down a clone of Jay Garrick who was able to stomp the Outsiders.

Scans Explained - So in the scans above [ 1 - 12 ] we've got a figure in Dark Armor absolutely DESTROYING the entire Outsider's roster. I think one of the most impressive feats of speed here from this Garrick Clone is the fact that he was able to let loose 25 THOUSAND punches straight to Grace Choi's face before anyone on the team can react. Eventually the entire team goes down - Grace, Katana, Metamorpho II - it all comes down to Captain Boomerang Jr. [ Owen ] who is able to launch an array of explosive boomerangs that ALL make contact with the Jay Clone and end up bringing him down. The last two scans [ 13 - 14 ] are there to show that the figure was INDEED a clone of Jay Garrick.

So while DD may be a bullet dodger - so is Floyd, I've shown it above. DD's radar sense gives him some enhancements - but Floyd's ability to use BOTH his guns to maximum efficiency are what I see turning the tides here. While DD might be able to dodge Floyd's shots if he only had one weapon trained on him - but with one gun to aim directly AT Daredevil forcing him to dodge and the other gun aimed at where Daredevil will move to... I see Floyd gaining the edge.

You'll probably want to contest this one - but as for now - Floyd has the edge.

Edge: Deadshot // Potential Stalemate

Speed // Agility

Another one I won't contest that much - Daredevil is an incredibly skilled acrobat, he's got more moves than Floyd does.

I don't think movement speed matters much in this - and if so neither competetors have any meta gene or super speed [ when it comes to running/moving ] that would give them much of an advantage.

So when it comes to the agility factor - Daredevil has it.

Close Quarters Combat // Hand to Hand

I'd be a fool if I tried to make this entire debate about Deadshot punking Daredevil when it comes to fighting with fists - Deadshot's claim to fame is his skill with a gun, a long ranged tool of destruction. He's skilled enough to dominate fodder and punk nameless thugs - but he's not a master of martial arts.

While I think that Deadshot could contend long enough to gain some distance [ if the two even GOT that close ] I know for a fact that Daredevil is the superior martial artist, and thus, is a better hand to hand fighter.

Long Distance Combat // Accuracy

Deadshot is more accurate with projectiles than Daredevil - if you'd like to argue this we can but Deadshots entire claim to fame is the fact that he's one of the DCU's best marksmen [ I honestly put him at Number 1 ] so I don't think DD can truly shake a stick at Deadshot when it comes to hitting targets from a distance.

Daredevil has his billy club - but Deadshot's got two high powered wrist guns that have multiple ammo types, and can switch from a semi-automatic firing mode to a fully automatic mode - thus granting Deadshot some top notch versatility when it comes to long range fighting.

Daredevil's martial arts and pressure points don't really come into play when he can't touch Deadshot - but all of Deadshot's training & feats are applicible from a distance, so it's fair to say my verdict on this one is that Deadshot has the edge.

Edge: Deadshot

Tallying the Votes

It's a tie 3 to 3, and I figured this would happen but now it's time to get into the battle itself. How are these statistics applicable to the fight and how can Deadshot take full control of his advantages while making sure to cover his weaknesses, well - that's for me to show.

The Battle

Alright - enough Deadliest Warrior - it's time to run the simulations and prove why I think that Deadshot is the clear victor in this encounter. I'll address some of the points you've brought up [ such as pressure points ] and answer any questions you had to the best of my abilities.

Pressure Points

At first glance this can seem like a true tide turner - the fact that Daredevil can disable his foes with a simple nerve pinch or a quick flurry of strikes really makes him an intimidating foe, but then I looked closer at those scans and realized something.

None of the people that had Pressure Points used against them had any sort of protective clothing or armor.

• Luke Cage | Wears a T Shirt that provides no protection to his nervous system. His skin is easily accessed.
  • Mr. Hyde | Wears a strange cloth outfit, once again it displays no protection to his nervous system. Skin is easily accessed.
  • Punisher | Wears a suit possibly made out of cloth or leather - no protection or padding to protect from Nerve Strikes.
  • Kid Gladiator | Skin is exposed - no protection in certain areas to nerve strikes // pressure points.

So this is where Deadshot's armor comes into play - the dude was tanking hits from 'The Closer' who as I mentioned had a high degree of super strength & super durability. Deadshot's armor didn't tear or break nor did Deadshot suffer any fatal wounds, he might've been a tad shook up but the blows didn't do anything to change the tide of battle.

If you're going to argue that Daredevil's strength & striking power is above that of Closer - then feel free, it's an argument I honestly don't see you winning.

So this brings us to the fact that Daredevil cannot breach Deadshots armor - which then means that he doesn't have access to Deadshot's skin or any access to the pressure points.

Pressure points are a non-factor in this battle since Daredevil can't harm Deadshot through his armor - if you need more durability scans feel free to ask, but it takes a high caliber bullet to even phase the armor - and even then most bullets don't create any openings.

I don't see Daredevil getting to 1 shot Deadshot with pressure points.

Tagging Daredevil

You've also mentioned that Daredevil has an incredibly good reaction ability - his Radar Sense - and showed some scans of him dodging bullets & even deflecting bullets and returning them to sender.

I have a question for you - has Daredevil ever deflected automatic gunfire coming from someone who wasn't just a fodder character or a nameless gangster - because while it's cool to see - none of those guys have accuracy feats even close to Deadshot. I'm sure if I was armed with a handgun or an assault rifle and I began shooting at Daredevil he'd be able to block my shots because I'm not skilled or trained with the weapon - I'm just an average guy.

I mean - Daredevil's been tagged by projectiles before - in his bouts with Bullseye, and Bullseye toys with DD and uses uncommon projectiles like boogers & paper Airplanes whose speed pales in comparison to a bullet.

Daredevil vs Punisher

What storyline are those scans of the DD // Punisher fight - it honestly seem's like Punisher's gone off his rocker and really isn't all there if you know what I'm saying. He's pretty much snapped and gone berserk - not really a calm, cool, and collected shot that'd be required in order to tag Daredevil.

Truthfully - from what I've seen of Punisher he fights dirty and his marksmanship doesn't stand up to Floyd' reputation. In that scan of tagging Peter he literally had the shotgun held up to his chest before firing the blast - I think it'd be more impressive if he had tagged him from a distance.

Daredevil vs Bullseye

I'm figuring that you'll bring up Daredevil's victories over Bullseye to combat Floyd as a means to show that DD could dodge his shots. Typically it's known that Bullseye is more sadistic & cruel - he toys with Matt in his fights, spending his time doing the classic villain monologue while using projectiles such as arrows, knives, ninja stars, or even his teeth - a serious disadvantage compared to a bullet, especially since a bullet would travel much faster than anything Bullseye could throw.

Plus - as I mentioned above, Bullseye's tagged DD with a paper airplane, and in my book's bullets >>>>>> paper airplanes.

Anyways - back to the main point.

Deadshot is a no nonsense combatant - and he doesn't have anything holding him back from headshotting Daredevil right from the get go, sure DD might be able to dodge the automatic gunfire from ONE of his wrist pistols, but the dudes got two of em. He can easily aim at DD with one of them - and then aim the other one where DD is going to move to dodge, thus causing DD to dodge INTO more gunfire.

I'll even draw a super fancy diagram so people can see what I'm talking about.

No Caption Provided

So while he could dodge one well trained gun - I don't see him dodging both.

IF Daredevil Closes the Distance?

Well I don't see this happening - it's always good to discuss what'd happen if DD managed to get close to Deadshot.

I've already ruled out pressure points - but Floyd wouldn't be a happy camper to have DD landing punches on him over and over and if he needed to create some distance the answer is clear... EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS.

See - Floyd can take several explosive rounds - or at least the AOE aspect of them - due to his armor, wherase DD is gonna be hurting something serious.

Combine that with the incredibly loud noise caused by the explosives and I see DD's super hearing turning into a disadvantage more than an actual advantage.

So if DD manages to get close without getting tagged [ not likely ] then Deadshot can launch off some explosive rounds to force Daredevil to move away & once again create some distance between the two of them.

If Daredevil attempts to throw his billyclub I see it getting shot out of the air like Deadshot did to Green Arrow's projectiles, and Green Arrow is a much better marksman than Daredevil - or the wire cable would just get shot apart like Deadshot did with Batman's grappling gun.

My [ Current ] Verdict

While Daredevil would lay quite the beatdown if this was a purely H2H battle - it isn't.

Deadshot's got a lovely starting distance apart from Daredevil of 50 feet - he can easily get off enough shots to tag Daredevil - and since Floyd goes for killshots one shot is all he needs.

No Caption Provided

If Daredevil manages to get close - Floyd can create more distance with his explosive rounds - something DD can't handle due to a lack of armor/durability.

It'll be a hard fight for Daredevil in all honesty - but I look forward to seeing what you're gonna bring to the table, Wolvie.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

woah its Wolverine08 but its not Wolverine... something is wrong here

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: I think it's actually his twin brother that wasn't injected with the Canadian Gene.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: I think it's actually his twin brother that wasn't injected with the Canadian Gene.

When he spoke his first words and the utterance "Bub" didn't come out of his mouth, he was made an outcast.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

When he spoke his first words and the utterance "Bub" didn't come out of his mouth, he was made an outcast.

You're like a modern day Spartan - removing the weak from the family line ASAP.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

Naw, I'm just:

No Caption Provided

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@thetruebarryallen said:

@wolverine08 said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

Naw, I'm just:

No Caption Provided

oh my gosh this is why i love you guys... but no Homo

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpin' this again - unless W08 is finally going to admit that TTBA is truly the best there is?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpin' this again - unless W08 is finally going to admit that TTBA is truly the best there is?

Ah, sorry about this man. Been having some family problems that make getting out extended posts a pain. Would it be okay if I got this out by the first week of August?