CAV - TTBA (Bane) vs Wolverine08 (Daredevil)

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Welcome, Viners & Vinettes!

Here we have ourselves a wonderful segment of 'Challenge a Viner'. This episode stars two lovely combatants, TheTrueBarryAllen and Wolverine08!

They've both picked a champion and will debate for them to their heart's content! What champions did they pick however? Well if you read the description name you'd know by now, but enough beating around the bush. welcome our champions!

Pre 52 Bane | TheTrueBarryAllen
Pre 52 Bane | TheTrueBarryAllen

VERSUS

Daredevil | Wolverine08
Daredevil | Wolverine08

No Caption Provided

• Markaz Monolith - Battlefield 3 AFTERMATH Location
  • Combatants are allowed inside any & all buildings
  • Daredevil/Wolverine08 starts on the left side of the map [ near building with red sign ]
  • Bane/TheTrueBarryAllen starts on the right side of the map [ near crumbling apartment complex ]
  • Cover is as shown
  • Starting distance is roughly 75 Meters

Rules

• Bane is Pre-52 and has NO VENOM
  • Standard Equipment for both characters
  • Combatants are IN CHARACTER
  • Combatants are NOT BLOODLUSTED
  • Victory via KO/Death
  • No other Viners may post until debating has finished, vote for who debated best for their character, not for which character you think would win due to your own knowledge
  • Play Nice :)

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 everything look alright or should I change something ( such as location, rules, starting distance )?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This should be good™

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

This should be good™

Indeed it will.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

HOLY CRAP...SOMEONE WANT TO USE BANE!!!??

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let the Games begin

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This shall be most interestin

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Everybody's always posting this, I find it hilarious now that it's used on an actual Bane match.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opening Post

I will organize this post into various sections comparing the physical aspects & abilties of our two champions. The setup will be as follows:

• Bane Origin/Biography
  • Strength
  • Speed / Agility
  • Endurance / Durability
  • Combat Skill
  • Location Overview

Hopefully I can write a clear & concise argument as to why I believe that Bane would be the victor when in a fight against Daredevil, let the debate begin!

Meet Bane, he's rather happy to see you.
Meet Bane, he's rather happy to see you.

Origin

Bane was a man born into captivity, the world greeted him on the insides of the Peña Dura prison, located in the Caribbean Republic of Santa Prisca. His father had escaped Santa Prisca's court system, because of this the government decided that his child shall serve out the mans life sentence. Most of Bane's early life was spent in this prison, however it did nothing but benefit him as he increased his physical abilities to incredible heights while working his mind & intellect on a daily basis. He spent a majority of his time reading books to learn new skills and educate himself, the rest of his time was spent fighting other prisoners and working out at the prisons gym.

Due to the harsh nature of the prison Bane learned that to get what you want in life you must fight and survive. At the age of 8 he had committed his first murder, using a knife that he had hidden inside of his closest friend, a teddy bear named Osito. The warden of this prison sentenced Bane to a solitary confinement known as 'The Hole' a location created for the purpose of driving prisoners to madness or to their death, Bane defended himself against both. He spent 10 years in this confinement, each night the cell would flood & Bane would have to cling to the top of the grating in order to survive, his strength and will were unmatched. He survived off of fish and rats, and when he was removed from his small cell he was seen as the King of Peña Dura. Bane killed over 30 prisoners before he was brought in as a test subject for a drug known as 'Venom'.

The testing had killed every subject before him, Bane however survived. He used this as a chance to escape, forcing his vital signs to appear as if he had perished the prison bagged him up in a body bag in preparation to dispose of him in the rough waters nearby. Bane was thrown into the harsh ocean where he escaped the body bag and fought off many predators such as sharks with nothing but his bare hands. Bane then returned to Peña Dura where he killed the warden and saved several of his inmate friends, and with them he traveled to Gotham City where he would begin his rivalry with the Batman.

In this story we learn that Bane has incredible amounts of willpower and determination, valuable assets for any combatant. He has tactical skills and a strategical mind that aide him in combat against various foes. When Bane sets his mind on victory it is victory that he shall obtain, and in this battle against Daredevil he shall be the one who comes out victorious.

Side Note on Venom: Venom is banned from this fight & will not be used. The drug is known to increase Bane's muscle mass granting him an increased physical strength. After the Knightfall saga Bane began to clean himself of Venom & swore to never use it again, in a lot of the scans I will post he will be shown wearing his Venom administering contraption however it is out of sheer habit that he still wears the equipment, not out of necessity. It should also be noted that Banes most impressive feats are indeed OFF of Venom, so it should not be held against him during this battle.

Strength

Bane is incredibly strong for a street level human who is non-meta, he has trained his body to physical perfection as it is nearly at it's peak. When Bane is on the drug known as Venom he is easily able to lift a weight of 2 - 3 tons, or 4000 - 6000 pounds, however Bane will not be on the drug during this battle.

Many people think that Bane requires this drug to be strong, that without it he is weak and like that of a "normal" human. Bane is physically stronger than Batman without Venom's enhancements, and since Batman has been shown to lift 1/2 tons or 1000 pounds during one of his workout regiments ( I can provide the scan if you like but it's rather popular so I assume you've already seen it ) then Bane is capable of lifting slightly more.

Without Venom Bane still packs quite the punch, the impacts from his punches are able to easily break bones, he has the strength to tear arms from their sockets, remove heads from their neck-like throne, and snap spines over his knee. Bane commonly handles combatants that are in the 200 - 300 pound range and throws them like they're nothing, and has been shown to break through walls with ease.

I will now show some of Bane's "Strength" feats without Venom, however he may be wearing the Venom administering apparatus he does this only out of habit.

Here Bane is in captivity, he is wearing special made cuffs to hold someone of his strength level, however as we see several pages later the cuffs fail and Bane breaks free from them rather easily.

Here Bane fights a soldier in an specialized exoskeleton, it doesn't really help the soldier however and Bane shows his love for removing arms from their bodies and then beating people to death with them.

Bane got solitary confinement so he could detox on Venom, then he escapes Blackgate Prison & swims across 'The Rip' which has a current of 30 Knots. 30 Knots is a speed of 34.6 MPH, quite the impressive feat if you ask me.

I've got some more scans if you would like to see them, however I'd rather not turn this into a Bane respect thread. The main gist of this section was to show the amount of Strength & Power that Bane has, if he lands a solid blow on DD then it'll hurt him quite a bit. I'm not so sure that DD's suit is armored like Batman's & probably wouldn't protect him from several impacts all that well.

Speed & Agility

Often times people view Bane as a lumbering brute with no actual speed or agility, he's just a brick. This is a misconception and I'd like people to realize that Bane is incredibly quick and agile for his massive size, we must remember that he contends with members of the Batman Family on a regular basis, if he himself wasn't able to move as quickly and as skillfully as them then he wouldn't stand much of a chance against them.

I will not, however, try and argue that Bane is MORE agile than Daredevil as that would be hilariously incorrect, this section is mainly to show that Bane is more agile that people give him credit for and that he could contend with Daredevil in a fight against him.

Bane might be on Venom in the above scans, it was shortly after his prison break that he entered Gotham & he was still addicted to the substance, however this is more a display of Stealth & being able to sneak up on Batman, I don't have the last scan in the bunch but he leaps into the air and onto a very thin beam as he escapes.

He's also really good at maneuvering around the Gotham rooftops, which is pretty impressive for someone his size.

Once again, he MIGHT be on Venom in the above scans but it wouldn't enhance his sense of balance, as it only increases his muscle mass. He is able to jump onto moving trains, and fight on a very narrow ledge, he even gets the drop on Robin & takes him by surprise AFTER Robin had located him.

While in search for his father he fights some of the Kobra Agents, in the above scans he is OFF Venom and is able to dodge gunfire and catch up to his target where he tackles him before the door closes on him.

Hopefully these scans are accepted, as I know that 2/3rds of them might contain Bane while using Venom ( as Venom was banned from this fight ) yet I don't see how Venom would increase his agility, it generally makes him stronger and probably a little bit faster but nothing to drastically change the outcome of those events, Bane has trained himself to be incredibly strong and quick without the aid of Venom.

Also I'm not trying to say that he could beat Daredevil in the Acrobatics department, I'm just trying to show that he's not a slow, lumbering brute with no agility.

Endurance & Durability

It is here that I feel as if Bane will surely shine, the guy can take quite the punch. Daredevil is going to be able to tag Bane, he'll knock him with a few punches and he'll probably try & hit him with his Baton's quite a bit, but Bane can take punishment far better than DD could.

Bane's durability comes with the fact that he's got incredible amounts of will & sheer determination, along with the fact that he has such a large amount of muscle mass. I don't see Daredevil having much in his arsenal to put Bane down before Bane lays the beat down on him, Daredevil will be able to evade some of the attacks early on but the moment Bane gets him in the beatdown zone it's over.

Without Venom Bane has tanked gunshots, withstood pressure point attacks, has been hit by a multitude of blunt objects, and several stab wounds, however every time this happens Bane pretends that it was nothing and keeps fighting. He ignores the pain and fights until he gets what he wants, and that's what he's gonna do in this fight.

One of the scans I was going to post I sadly cannot find anywhere online & I don't have a scanner present with me, it's in an issue of the Secret Six where Bane faces off against Nightshade. Nightshade hits him with a chop to the neck in an attempt to bring him down with a pressure point attack, however he shrugs it off like it was nothing, she then hits him in the face several times while shouting "Fall, damn you! Go down! You lose! Go down!". When she's finished Bane goes "I will not." and when she explains that she was hitting him he goes "I see, hitting me. Was THAT what that was supposed to be?".

Here Bane effortlessly defeats a gang of soldiers, he even gets shot through the arm and is completely unphased. Catman later tells Bane that he's bleeding out however Bane just looks at the wound and goes "Not without my permission".

Bane survives through some intense torture, being hit with over 500 bricks yet he's still conscious and is actually able to put up quite the fight. Breaking one of his arms free he takes one of his captors hostage, then he bites a chunk out of his neck to kill him.

Bane stuck his hand in the way of a knife to save his date, he then stabs the knife through the attackers head while the knife is still stuck in his hand, hardcore.

He then moves on like it's no big deal, what a great first date.

In the first scan he removes an electric collar that was designed to continue increasing in voltage to the point where it would kill the person wearing it, Bane broke it and took the attack with no harm done.

He also tanked an attack from Lightning without much harm being done, just stating that it kind of hurt.

All in all Bane has the endurance to deal with Daredevil, who will probably get some solid strikes on the Masked Man. However as the fight continues Daredevil will get more and more exhausted and Bane will be mostly unharmed by the assaults, as I don't feel that DD has the ability to put Bane down for good in this encounter. When Daredevil does get tired he'll get a bit slower and less agile, allowing Bane to easily grab hold of him and turn him into a punching bag, breaking his spine over his knee in the process.

Combat Skill

Bane has some fantastic hand to hand combat skill, of course he's not in the DC Top 5 combatants but he's shown his abilities on more than one occasion. While he was in prison he created his own fighting style that was unique to him, mostly a blend of various other styles. His strength allows him to break bones with his punches with relative ease, or toss around his opponents like they're nothing more than a fluffy pillow. I'll try and showcase some of Banes best fights for everyone.

Lays the pain down on JPV/Azrael and his manservent, a single gut punch put Azrael out of commission too.

When he broke free of his handcuffs in another instance he injects JPV with some Venom in order to get him 'addicted'. JPV then wakes up and attacks Bane however Bane quickly gets the upperhand, then the boat they're on crashing into some rather sharp rocks/a cliff. Bane scales the cliff before JPV can and traps him when he makes it to the summat, it's a pretty good durability feat to in terms of surviving that boatwreck.

Another fight against JPV, and he does turn on Venom yet that wouldn't increase his actual H2H skill just his strength. I'm not really banking on this showing but I figured it was a nice display of his H2H skills.

Survives an explosion and nearly kills Bruce Wayne/Batman, however Bruce eventually escapes at the end of the fight ( its a scan I don't have ) but considering the amount of skill that Batman has and all the different martial arts abilities he's mastered it is an impressive display by Bane.

Rather long fight against Hourman, who he then traps and forces to use Venom in order to escape. The building then falls down on Bane yet he survives.

Bane is a tank.

After a previous fight in which he broke Killer Crocs arms Croc wanted revenge. Bane attacks him in his home turf, the sewers, and makes a joke out of him, explaining that he doesn't need Venom to beat him and even continues the fight when they fall into the water. It's also a good showing of his agility while they fight on the narrow path above the rushing water.

Defeats Nightwing without any trouble at all on two different occasions. I think this is a pretty important showing considering that Nightwing is INCREDIBLY acrobatic of a combatant, one of the most acrobatic members of the Bat-Family if you ask me, yet Bane gets a grip on him and tosses him around like a sack of potatoes.

So there are some fights displaying Bane's combat skill, he's a pretty powerful H2H combatant, and with his endurance and pure strength he has the ability to keep fighting for long periods of time. Daredevil is going to have a pretty tough time against him, considering that both of them are going to have to get in close for this fight.

Location Overview

The location of the battle isn't really a close up city environment like Gotham or Hell's kitchen, while it does have several buildings they're not really close together or tight knight, so it's not like either one will have much of an advantage over the other, however I think it would make it more difficult for DD to stay away from Bane's attacks as there isn't much to climb onto or anywhere to really "trap" him.

It's also daytime so neither of them would effectively be able to utilize stealth attacks all that well, which could be a difficult thing for Daredevil seeing as he's more frail than Bane and probably wouldn't want to engage him in a head on attack.

So with that I wait for your opener @wolverine08, I'm incredibly excited for this battle and can't wait to see what you bring to the table.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Sweet opener. Very organized and detailed. Just what I expected from you. I'm a little busy with school this week, so I should be able to respond to this by Saturday or Sunday.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Sweet opener. Very organized and detailed. Just what I expected from you. I'm a little busy with school this week, so I should be able to respond to this by Saturday or Sunday.

Sounds good!

@dondave said:

Sweet

You know it B)

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By reaverlation
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By godzilla44
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine008

@thetruebarryallen:

Nice opener. To open things off, I'll just quickly first touch on physicality, skill, and determining factors that I think will win Daredevil will win this fight before we get into the nitty gritty of our CaV.

Physicality:

To start things off looking at physicals, I am going to straight off the bat admit that Bane does outclass Daredevil in terms physical strength. There really isn't much to argue there. There are only a special few unenhanced street levelers that can match up to or surpass Bane in that category, and my man Matt sadly isn't one them. Despite this, I don't think the advantage Bane holds in that physical category is that massive considering that Matt has turned over a limo and used a 450 lbs. weight bar like it was a bo staff.

Turning over a limo with three people in it:

Using a 450 weight bar as a bo staff:

He is also strong enough to throw his billy club so hard that it goes through what appears to be a concrete pillar:

No Caption Provided

So while I concede that in terms of strength, Bane reigns supreme over Matt, I think Matt has enough strength to compete with Bane and somewhat dilute the advantage his strength brings to this fight.

Now, the physical factor that I am about to touch on and I believe Matt has an advantage in that will allow him take control of this fight is his speed and agility.

I honestly don't think strength would be too important here unless Daredevil decided to try slug it out with Bane, and that my friend is simply extremely out of character for Matt. Due to his radar sense, Matt has developed superhuman agility, and makes full use of it during his battles. His fighting style is based around his top tier avoidance.

Firstly looking at speed, Matt has been able to pull off stunts like disappearing on the scope of a sniper rifle and appearing back right beside his would be assassin before he noticed that he was right there all while putting on his costume and has even dodged lasers that travel faster than his thought patterns.

Disappearing on a sniper scope:

Dodging lasers faster than his thought patterns:

No Caption Provided

Another way in which I will demonstrate Daredevil is by him dodging bullets. I know you are thinking about that dodging bullets is a standard street level thing, but what Matthew does against bullets is completely different than what most street levelers against bullets. Most street levelers we see dodging bullets are just dodging the aim of the gunman, not really the bullets themselves. Matt on the other hand literally reacts fast enough to bat bullets way with his billy club.

How does Matt pull this? Why, that's what he's got this trusty Radar Sense for!

Look at Matt's explanation as to how he bats bullets away in Frank Miller's Man Without Fear mini series.

No Caption Provided

"Focus. Feel the space. Feel the attack before it comes."

This also ties into when Bane and Daredevil are trading fists since Matt has predicted his opponents attacks by feeling the tensing of muscles.

Now, looking at agility. I already noted that how Matt has used that agility in fights to dodge and get attacked as little as possible.

Matt's agility in tight quarters:

No Caption Provided

Maneuvering around machine gunfire easily:

No Caption Provided

And just being agile in general:

No Caption Provided

Let's look at an actual battle situation where it came into play. Daredevil recently stalemated Captain America in the second issue of Mark Waid's Daredevil series.

As you can see, Matthew managed to dodge a majority of Captain America's blows. Looking at Steve, I'd say he's just as if not more skilled than Bane, and his physical superior. Due to the super soldier serum, Steve has been enhanced physically to the point where he benches 1,100 lbs., sees bullets in slow motion due to his enhanced brain, throws his shield hard enough to destroy 16-20 ton tank turrets, pulls down helicopters with ropes, runs at 60 MPH, etc, and despite his superior physicals, Matt kept up with and evaded him at every corner. And this was all while Steve was taking a more aggressive, "juggernaut like" approach to the fight. It also should be noted that Matt was at a disadvantage in this fight since Steve had set up anti radar sense chaffs to mess up Daredevil's radar sense.

Fighting skill:

I think you did a great job demonstrating Bane's skill in your opener. I do still think that Daredevil is a bit more skilled because he's had more formal training from the likes of the Hand Leader Stick (I believe Bane created his own fighting style), has shown more knowledge in marital arts using different styles like boxing ninjutsu, jiu juitsu, etc. and has fought some slightly more impressive opponents.

Looking at Matt's performances against skilled fighters:

Here, Daredevil managed to stalemate Iron Fist, one of the Marvel universe's best fighters who has a vast amount of technical skilled he has gathered from the Book of Iron Fist. Granted, Danny was trying to mimick Matt's particular fighting style throughout the fight and was having a bit of trouble doing it, but it is still an impressive performance on Matt's part.

He has also managed to gain the Black Panther. Black Panther is also one of the Marvel Universe's best fighters who has noted to have studied every fighting style known to man and mastered the art of deadly combat by the age of six years old. I'd also like to not that like Captain America. Black Panther is someone who I would call physically superior to Bane. The heart shaped herb he took when he became the king of Wakanda enhanced him to the point where he has wrested with and killed a 10,000 lbs. rhino, knock the ten tonner Man Ape out, throw three punches in the time needed to throw one, knocked off the enhanced human Red Skull's jaw with four punches, etc. And Matt still managed to shortly get the upperhand on him.

Matt has even managed to fight 100 Yakauza gang members armed with swords, bats, guns, etc. and physically enhanced on a drug called MGH for under three minutes before the FBI interrupted.

Looking further into Matt's high level of skill, he is one of the premier pressure point users around Marvel Land, and has even used them to drop the class 70 Thor villain Mr. Hyde.

No Caption Provided

Daredevil even knows how to perform sharp blows that can paralyze a man when executed correctly.

Deciding factors:

Looking at this fight, I believe Daredevil has some advantages that he holds that should win a close fight with someone as dangerous as Bane. Physically, he can compete aptly with Bane in the strength department, and even beats him out like reflexes and agility. Daredevil's extremely acrobatic and avoidance based fighting style will allow him to avoid taking hits from the physically stronger Bane and avoid getting into a slugfest that would favor Bane. That high level of agility and borderline precognition Daredevil gets from the Radar Sense will most likely allow him to get more blows in. I also feel Matt's superior display of raw technique will help him make all the hits he gets in count big time with things like devastating nerve strikes.

Well, that's my opener. I can't wait to continue this debate with you :)

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolverine008
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26 HigorM  Moderator

this is nice, I like this :D

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. All the scans I expected to see, and in good context too. Slight disagreement with Black Panther's physicals in regards to Cap America's, but its horses for courses :P.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice debating so far, and cool matchup. Link me me when voting starts, i'll be watching.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolverine008

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

@godzilla44: Thanks!

Agreed. All the scans I expected to see, and in good context too. Slight disagreement with Black Panther's physicals in regards to Cap America's, but its horses for courses :P.

I actually think T'Challa beats out Steve physically in places like strength. Things like reaction time are debatable due to Steve's enhancements.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: You put Bane against a guy who can fight against a 70-Tonner?!

AHH MAHH GAAAAAAAD.

Only kidding, I'll hopefully get to this within 1 - 3 days, lovely opener by the way :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Wait, Bane a 100 tonner? He's going to stomp with those massive biceps of his!

And take your time man, school kind of delayed me in getting this response up as well.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

It can wait.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

It can wait.

OR WHAT!?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#35 god_spawn  Moderator
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By ComicStooge

Damn, this looks like it's going to be a great debate.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Alright, now that we've both presented some aesthetically pleasing & highly informative openers it's time to dive head first into this debate, looks like we've gathered quite the audience too, we should've made tickets & had them pay for admission!

Responses to your Opener

Lovely & fantastic, I'm just going to note down a few things so that I can look back at them while writing this post

• Bane > Daredevil [ Strength ]
  • Bane < Daredevil [ Agility ]
  • Bane < Daredevil [ Technical Fighting Ability ]
  • Bane > Daredevil [ Durability / Pain Resistance ]

I think we've come to the conclusion that Bane is the physically stronger & more durable combatant in this fight, his large muscles have shown great displays of strength while also providing Bane with enough padding to soak up lengthy durations of physical damage.

We've also come to the conclusion that Daredevil is more agile than Bane, his slim size & training will allow him to evade some of Bane's more sluggish attacks & climb around the environment with more ease. Daredevil also has more knowledge of fighting skills in terms of technicality & studies, you were right when you said that Bane created his own style, he had done so while in prison.

With this being said, I still believe that Bane has what it takes to bring down the 'Man Without Fear' and show him that he truly fears Bane.

Location Analysis

I think the location is actually quite important in this scenario, Daredevil is commonly seen fighting thugs & baddies while in Hells Kitchen, a very Gothic looking city with enclosed alleyways and close knit rooftops. From what I've seen he also enjoys fighting in the shroud of darkness granted to him by the nighttime compared to the bright light of the daytime, though this may just be because he's a lawyer by day & crime fighter by night, it may also aide him in his stealth.

When we look at the arena, Markaz Monolith, we realize that it's partially destroyed due to war & there aren't that many buildings or close quarters locations. It's also daytime during this fight, so Daredevil & Bane are going to stick out like sore thumbs to the other, making "stealth" a tad bit more difficult.

It should also be noted that due to the lack of close buildings & alleys that there isn't much to jump onto/off of & leap around. While Daredevil is incredibly agile he will have to engage Bane in a more open location, possibly reducing the effects of his agility & speed. Daredevil could attack with his Baton from a longer range, trying to smack Bane around a bit with it but if Bane snatches it & tugs then it'll topple DD & eliminate the long range combat, forcing the two to enter a grueling H2H brawl.

The open field definitely does more to benefit Bane than it would Daredevil, and I don't think that it's a deciding factor, but it's important to analyze the surroundings & look at where these two combatants will be fighting.

Speed vs Durability

This fight is most definitely broil down to Daredevil's agility versus Bane's durability.

As I admitted earlier, Daredevil does have the agility edge, he will be able to bob & weave some of Bane's more sluggish punches & strikes but that doesn't mean that Daredevil is going to take Bane out with ease. While Daredevil has great speed Bane has great endurance, from the selection of scans I posted in my opener we've seen that Bane can take bullets, blunt objects, and martial arts to the face & come out just fine, in fact he actually tends to ignore the attacks & jokes about them actually being attempts to stagger him.

When Catman was trying to do a play by play of the Batman vs Bane fight that had taken place before Bane joined up with the S6 he began dealing some killer martial arts move against Bane. Bane continued to walk & ignored the attacks like nothing was happening, he even remarked "It was nothing so dainty" as Catman punched him with a right cross across the face. Catman then kicked him in the face, bashed him with an uppercut, punched him in the stomach, and then Bane got sick of it and caught the next punch with ease, then crushing Catman's hand.

Considering that Bane also goes up against opponents who are traditionally more agile than him ( Bruce & Dick ) yet still has lengthy brawls with Bruce & has 1-shotted Nightwing on two different occasions I don't think that Daredevil agility will be enough to break the durability & strength that is within Bane.

I personally see Bane tanking enough damage allowing him to catch DD when he begins to tire, DD has the agility to dodge Banes punches at first but as the fight drags on it'll be harder and harder, and Bane does indeed have the endurance to keep fighting through any pain that DD can cause long enough to tire Daredevil.

Pressure Points

They were mentioned, it was destined to be mentioned, the almighty pressure points.

As I discussed earlier Bane has shown resistance to the crippling pressure point attacks, I don't have the scans on me just yet (but I'll be getting my scanner back on Saturday so I can upload them then).

Fighting Style

I've always wondered how important fighting styles were during debates & comic battles, we always hear ridiculous amounts of martial arts styles that Batman or Iron Fist have mastered, but how important are they really?

Batman knows & has mastered (127?) different styles but he still struggles with Bane during their encounters, Bat's also knows pressure point moves that could paralyze people or even possibly kill them if done incorrectly but he's never broken them out as a first move against the towering behemoth known as Bane.

While Daredevil is highly educated in the technical arts of combat Bane has plenty of knowledge, at least enough to stand toe to toe with Daredevil in a long & lengthy brawl, and I've never seen that either combatant is susceptible to a certain form of combat. It's not like Daredevil is weak against Tai Kwan Do or that Bane will always lose a match against someone who uses grapples or throws.

Overview

Daredevil will be able to get the first hit against Bane, he'll probably get the first handful of hits against Bane, however they won't be enough to bring down the beast.

Daredevil could throw his baton at Bane and try & cause some pain that way, but the chances are Bane could catch the weapon and use it to throw DD off guard, Bane's strength would allow him to win the tug of war & disarm DD, causing the fight to enter into a fierce H2H showdown.

While Daredevil jumps around Bane hitting him with numerous attacks Bane would shrug the damage off, not focusing on any pain he'd be searching for a pattern in DD's attacks, waiting for the right moment to strike. When the time comes DD would launch into another attack, hoping to stagger the brute, but it'd be too late & Bane could grab his fist or his foot, whatever he throws at him, and crush it in his hand. Using his other free hand he'd begin to lay the smack down onto DD, who is trying to break free of Bane's grasp.

DD may escape after suffering some deadly blows, but it'd be too late. The blind hero is too exhausted to continue the fight, he tries to dive around his foe but his movements are becoming slower and slower. Bane would catch the hero in his last attack and lift him high into the air, slamming him down hard against one of his knees, breaking his back and thus finishing the fight.

( Sorry, I like envisioning fights and just kind of had fun writing that, I look forward to your next post because this is a fun debate )

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Nice post mon'. I'll get to this by Friday or Saturday. You're definitely giving the intensive debate I expected from you. Should be fun.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Sounds good :) No rush from me by the way, I know it can be hard with school & stuff.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Wolverine008
Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers