CaV Tparks (Turok) vs Gojira2014 (The Crow)

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gojira2014
No Caption Provided

Turok the Dinosaur Hunter

No Caption Provided

The Crow

Rules:

Both characters are composite versions.

Death or KO

Random battle.

Standard gear.

Start 50 feet apart here.

No Caption Provided

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Tag for votes

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Tag me for votes too.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

me too

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tparks

Sweet. I'll start getting scans ready, and put an intro up tomorrow. Doesn't matter to me who posts firsts though, so if you're ready, you can go ahead.

No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does it look like Blade in that pic for Turok?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MonsterStomp

That Crow pic is outstandingly beautiful.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does it look like Blade in that pic for Turok?

Because for some reason the video game reboot Turok needed to have a mohawk so he was more edgy. I guess killing gun toting dinosaurs isn't edgy enough. Lol.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Crow pic is outstandingly beautiful.

I like that picture too.

@tparks said:

Sweet. I'll start getting scans ready, and put an intro up tomorrow. Doesn't matter to me who posts firsts though, so if you're ready, you can go ahead.

You can go first as I have nothing to base on your characters other than a video game I never finished, I also have work in a half hour lol.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tag me please. Looks interesting.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tparks

@night4345 said:

Tag me please. Looks interesting.

@gojira2014

You can go first as I have nothing to base on your characters other than a video game I never finished, I also have work in a half hour lol.

Ok. I'll get this started with a brief intro.

Turok

No Caption Provided

I'll be using a composite Turok, but I'll mostly stick to his Valiant stuff from the 90's. I'll draw a little from Gold Key, Dark Horse, and the current Dynamite series to supplement if need be, but this will mainly be Valiant. I will not be using any video games, since those were not really a great depiction of his comic self.

Anyways, there's a few themes that ring true with all the versions of comic Turok though.

1. He's a bad@ss archer.
  2. He's a bad@ss.
  3. He's killed more dinosaurs then the ice age

Since I'll be using mostly Valiant Turok, and he was a comic born straight out of the 90's, he carries more gear then what should be humanly possible. He pulls a lot of guns out of thin air. Here's the gear he'll be packing:

1. Mother Bow
  2. Quiver with 15 poison arrows, and 5 electric arrows (trick arrows)
  3. Assault Rifle with grenade launcher attachment with 30 rounds, extra clip, and 1 grenade
  4. 2 Pistols with 16 rounds each
  5. Knife

Since you said you're clueless of Turok, I'll give you a brief Turok 101 origin. It's not really crucial to this debate, but if anyone reading this wants the quick breakdown to learn more about this classic character, click the spoiler block.

Here's the valiant origin:

Turok is an 18th century Native American. He and his apprentice, Andar, became lost in a cave, and end up in the Lost Lands. The Lost Lands are a separate universe, with it's own self contained timeline. Millions of years can pass outside of this Lost Land, while time seems to have no sense of direction in the Lost Lands. That's why you'll see dinosaurs, aliens, demons, lovecraftian beings, and even the other Valiant characters making several appearances within this Universe because the flow of time can draw characters from any time or space.

Anyways, the Lost Lands are ruled by a highly powerful being known as Mothergod. She convinced Turok to be her champion, and outfitted him with the motherbow, and his electric arrows so he could control the rebellions against her. In the crossover event, "Unity" all of the Valiant characters are fighting against Mothergod in the Lost Lands, and Turok eventually sees that Mothergod is evil, and joins Magnus and his rebellion against Mothergod.

As an intro, I'll keep this brief for feats, and only post a single scan at this point about his archery skill, so you get a general feel for Turok. His best overall skill is in archery, and it's a good place to start. I'll go more in depth later with his archery, as well as his other areas of combat like knife fighting and guns.

Archery

No Caption Provided

This is Turok's best overall skill. He has feats that compare to Green Arrow and Hawkeye.

Turok shooting an antelope in mid-stride from hundreds of yards away. Looks to be maybe half a mile at least.
Turok shooting an antelope in mid-stride from hundreds of yards away. Looks to be maybe half a mile at least.

Wiki says that Antelope run around 50mph, so he can hit fast moving objects from very far distances.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gojira2014

@tparks: Ok I guess I will put down some info.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Crow is a character created by James 'Obarr. The concept is a victim of murder who is so angry that they cannot find peace in death. Crows are farriers of the dead, and can use supernatural powers to bring the dead back to gain revenge.

No Caption Provided

The orginal story of the Crow's origins. However unlike Turok who is the same guy in all his comics, the Crow characters in most comics are different victims brought back for revenge. Most of the stories are still written by IDW and O'Barr himself. The Movies are also base on the comics. The most popular Crow character that has appeared in many versions of the same story is the original one himself, Eric Draven. What can I say of Eric Draven? He was a simple punk rocker kid who was cut down in his prime after watching the burtal rape and murder of his lover. He comes back from the dead to exact revenge, and god help anyone in his path.

No Caption Provided

Gear wise the Crow carries two types of weapons. Swords, and Guns. Various Crows also used Axes, Knives, Explosives, whatever they can get their hands on, but Eric here has used Swords and Guns so that is what he has.

Being a Crow also comes with Super Natural perks.

• Super Strength.
  • Super Durability.
  • Super Regen.
  • A Undead Body.
  • Telepathic link to their crows.
  • The crows themselves are helpers in knowledge and such.
  • Empathy abilities and attacks.
  • Crow Summoning abilities.
  • Innate Skill and Knowledge.

Just to name the basics. In the end the only real way to kill a Crow is to kill the bird. Not to say they cannot be KOed, but that is easier said than down.

No Caption Provided

With that said I await your opening moves.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tparks

@gojira2014: Cool. Nice post.

Here's how I see this going down:

Turok's "go to move" is always going to be his bow to start. I already showed his range from the first post, where he tagged the pronghorn while it was fleeing from a very long range, but here's another just to support this.

Sticks a bird in mid-flight from long range.
Sticks a bird in mid-flight from long range.

While the scan above is impressive enough in and of it self, because of how small his target was, how it was in mid flight, and how far away it was, what really makes this impressive is that Turok is suffering from a severe injury on his drawing shoulder. He was mauled by a bionisaur (more on these guys later), but still is able to shoot accurately like this. Also, if Turok somehow figures out the crows weakness that flies around him all the time, he has the accuracy to drop this. I'm not going to make the argument at this time that Turok will do that right away, but he could eventually figure this out if the Crow is constantly following this battle. Either way, Turok has other options besides putting the crow down anyways.

I should also note at this time, that Turok's arrows are poison, and capable of dropping even the largest of dinosaurs.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This shows that a character of normal size like the Crow should drop quickly if dinosaurs that are way bigger then a human are effected almost instantly by a single arrow. Obviously, poison is going to mean next to nothing to a dead guy like the Crow, so this would seem pointless. This actually is a pretty big factor to this battle though. Turok is going to be clueless of Crows ability to survive almost anything going into this. After he sticks Crow with a few poison arrows though, and notices that the Crow isn't dropping from either the damage done by the arrows, or his poison, he's going to figure out that the Crow is no normal human. He's going to realize that it's going to take something much more to put down the Crow then simple piercing damage.

That's where his electric arrows come in, but I'm getting ahead of myself. I should probably show a bit more that Turok is going to actually be hitting the Crow with his poison arrows before I get into the next step of how I see this playing out. I've already shown what he can do from long range, now I'll show a little bit of what he does from mid range.

Turok targeting necks and heads
Turok targeting necks and heads

Turok never aims to wound. As you can see from the scan above, he aims to kill. He sticks a bionasaur through the neck and through the head.

You're probably thinking that shooting dumb dinosaurs isn't really all that big of a deal. Sure they're fast and strong, but they're just stupid beasts. This is actually not the case in the Lost Land. Mothergod gave all of the dinosaurs human intelligence and they are now called bionisaurs. They talk, and they use strategy just like a human army would. Their leader is Mon-Ark, and he has an even higher intelligence and commands his bionisaurs in a war against Turok.

Here's a drug cartel, explaining how their cartel is being mowed down by the bionisaurs, and even though they are packing a small armies worth of guns, that they can't keep the dinosaurs back.

No Caption Provided

As you can see from the scan, their only hope of not being slaughtered is Turok. Turok ends up taking a job with the cartel in exchange for a steady supply of guns and ammo to supplement his bow. He proves to be a better fighter then an entire drug cartel armed to the teeth.

They try to intimidate Turok into joining the gain at first, but Turok is more then just a Dinosaur killer, he's pretty effective at killing humans too.

Turok sticking his enemy in the neck, then Knocking out two people with a single punch.
Turok sticking his enemy in the neck, then Knocking out two people with a single punch.

So obviously Turok wasn't too scared of the mob when they tried to pull this on him:

No Caption Provided

Turok has two mob enforcers draw guns on him, and he doesn't even flinch. He's confident he could take them out even if they try and attack. His comment is "They're slow". While this isn't necessarily a speed feat, it at least shows that Turok assumes himself to be faster then two humans holding guns, and shows no fear in front of guns.

I haven't dug into Turok as much as I'd like to yet, but I'm still going to stop this post here. I'll get into Turok's closer range feats, and some of his other weapons depending on where you go with your post. I don't want to clog this thread with scans that don't apply yet, before I see a little more Crow action.

Looking forward to your response. :)

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gojira2014

@tparks: So far from what i seen I feel Crow has the huge benefits here. Sure he does not kill Dinosaurs, or fought other heroes, but the Crow has fought some supernatural human beings as well easily wiped out small armies of criminals, and he does it out of love :)

No Caption Provided

One thing I like to dispel right now is the possible ease of the crow bird being shot. The crow bird maintains a TP link with its Crow that is limited only by line of sight. The only people who ever shoot the bird are people with knowledge of the link too. the Crow can and does provide a bit of clairvoyance as well info on targets.

The bird feeds info to Eric on possible weapons, and medical conditions of targets.

No Caption Provided

The crow warns Salvador of the unseen threats approaching.

No Caption Provided

The crow announces the death of a man in a hospitable far away.

No Caption Provided

The bird itself informs this helping detective the true gritty history of this murdered little girls family.

Bird warns Joshua of events happening to a woman far away from where he is.

So I see no reason for Turok to notice or take time from being attack to shoot a bird who could be just watching the battle and waiting for a dead carcass to feed on. Meanwhile the bird itself is a constant wealth of knowledge and help against Turok.

As for the battle itself, the Crow will close the fighting distance dang quick!

Their great strength grants them the ability to jump super distances and run real fast.

Eric traveling great distance by jumping and running on varying roof tops.

No Caption Provided

Joshua outpacing in pursuit cops with his speed and jumping.

Jamie making large jumps across roofs and onto Helicopters to get around.

So Turok playing range and realizing poison arrows will not work will be too little to late as Crow closes the distance.

This is not including the superb marksmanship Crow's shown either.

Eric easy takes out criminals in a shoot out real quick.

This even states how Eric has unatural aim and accuracy when one of the criminal enforcers states it.

This goes hand to hand of the innate knowledge and skill. Eric Draven never shot a gun much less used one, and he is a dead shot.

In fact lets show too how Innate Knowledge works with crows.

Joshua is a Indian from the Civil War days that was resurrected.

Hours of being alive he shows knowledge and skill in operating a Car as well motorcycle.

The bird grants the skills needed.

I think the Erik so far can easy close the distance, if not outright win a shoot out. Any Damage taken will be brush off in a early shoot out.

No Caption Provided

So imo right now this is Turoks fight to lose.

No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tparks

@gojira2014: Almost forgot about this!

Anyways...

One thing I like to dispel right now is the possible ease of the crow bird being shot. The crow bird maintains a TP link with its Crow that is limited only by line of sight. The only people who ever shoot the bird are people with knowledge of the link too. the Crow can and does provide a bit of clairvoyance as well info on targets.

Fair enough. I won't push this point that Turok will be bird hunting. He'll have to rely on good old fashion violence.

As for the battle itself, the Crow will close the fighting distance dang quick!

Their great strength grants them the ability to jump super distances and run real fast.

So Turok playing range and realizing poison arrows will not work will be too little to late as Crow closes the distance.

This is not including the superb marksmanship Crow's shown either.

No doubt the Crow is fast, but Turok's arrows are going to slow him down to an extent just because of the actual force his arrow produce.

No Caption Provided
  • Turok hits Magnus with an arrow. It doesn't penetrate Magnus, because Magnus' skin is as hard (if not harder then) as steel, and his tunic is near invulnerable, but it does knock Magnus down.
No Caption Provided
  • Turok hits Magnus again, and knocks him over in mid sprint.

The last two scans show Turok shooting Magnus with arrows. Neither arrow penetrate Magnus, because of his insane durability, but both arrows put Magnus down. This leads me to believe that this would greatly slow down the Crow, or at least knock him down when he is hit, because the Crow's physicals, while surely superhuman, are still no where near the level that Magnus is. This should keep the Crow from making a mad dash right at Turok as fast you might think, because every arrow Turok hits the Crow with is going to be knocking him off of his feet.

Since Magnus is such an unknown character, I'll throw some feats of his strength and durability in the spoiler block below to support my claims, and to show how he would not be slowing down by normal arrows, but Turok's are able to put him to the ground.

Strength

No Caption Provided
  • His strength lets him scale walls by gripping straight through the grav-tubes, and then he carries a large generator with one arm with ease.
No Caption Provided
  • He can rip through steel with only his bare hands
  • Lifts and throws massive HammerClaw unit
No Caption Provided
  • Lifts giant steel pipe

Durability

• Tanks a steel pipe to his head immediately after giving himself brain surgery
  • Tanks several attacks from the superhuman Rai - including being smashed through a large steel pipe and wall
  • Tanks strike from XO armor
No Caption Provided
  • Survives blast from XO armor. XO armors have the power to nearly kill Solar: Man of the Atom in classic Valiant.

I think Turok should be able to slow the Crow down with his normal poisoned arrows and learn that the Crow is no mere human, because he is surviving arrows that are lethal to much larger creatures. That's when Turok will pull out his electric arrows.

No Caption Provided

I've already shown the scan above, but I want to highlight the explosion in the middle panels. That's from one of Turok's electric arrows. As you can see, it causes a pretty damaging explosion that blows apart two bionisaurs. When he switches to these arrows, it should blow apart the Crow, even with his high level of damage soak.

Turok is even able to rebound these arrows when he doesn't have a clean shot.

No Caption Provided

In the scan above, Turok didn't have a clean kill shot because of the Bionisaurs armored head, so he rebounds an electric arrow off of the dinosaurs head and into a tree right next to it. The explosion is still powerful enough to kill the dinosaur and leave him in flames.

I'll cut this short here, and let you reply. Depending on where you go from here, will determine whether or not Turok will need to use his guns, knife, or both along with his bow.

Looking forward to your response!

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gojira2014

@tparks: Sry for procrastinating, I had to amp myself up with more Crow awesomeness to get back into the swing of things :)

Most of what I posted above sort of works against arguments here.

Turok will have to notice quick the Crow is immune to poison, and decide to switch arrows. As I showed above, he can cover distance real fast. Not alot of time for Turok to play with.

The crow bird itself can possibly give the knowledge to Draven here to use about the weapons and threats Turok has as i posted above. More specifically like this. BTW the bird in not actually on his shoulder, its represented as next to him, but never shown in the room.

No Caption Provided

While arguable that Turok can maintain distance against Crow by knocking him down, its just not that simple. Crow has excellent marskmen accuracy as the feats I showed, and will be shooting as well running.

Loading Video...

Look at the insane accuracy here.

Eric shows the skill of super human accuracy and reaction to this professional knife thrower while Eric uses apples.

That Inherent Skill I talked about is no joke.

While the Electric Arrows might blow him up, its arguable. Electricity does not work that way from my understanding of science. Either way I think Crow's have shown good resistance to booms anyway.

No Caption Provided

Here the Crow known as Iris sits in the middle of a large gas explosion with no damage.

It takes alot to blow up, or explode apart with force.

Crow hit by a big rig truck without being KO.

Joshua shrugs off a hit from a subway train. Then runs back to his grave before the Cops could noticed.

So I am not seeing the ease of the Electric Arrows blowing him apart off the bat. That is assuming he can resort to those Arrows when Crow in on top of him. Once in close combat, Crow really shines. He is stronger by far, and maybe near in skill.

Loading Video...

Again 90% of these Crows are average people who have no history of fighting or shooting, and come back skilled in both, or with the knowledge to operate tech 100s of years ahead of their time with skill.

He also has a nasty ability or two I have not brought up yet. Although I am sure you know which two abilities they are lol.

No Caption Provided

With that said I still think this is Turok's fight to lose. He will be just another victim :)

No Caption Provided