CaV: Superman (TheNewBlueBeetle) vs Quasar (cosmicallyaware)

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Injustice Superman - represented by TNBB

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Quasar (Vaughn) - represented by cosmicallyaware1

No Caption Provided

Stipulations

No Caption Provided

• Injustice Superman has his Yellow Power Ring
  • Quasar has his Quantum Bands
  • Both are in character
  • Voters must have over 500 posts to vote. No exceptions will be made.
  • Battlefield:
Abandoned New York City
Abandoned New York City

T4Vs

• Thor_Parker82
  • Simon_the_digger
  • RPgesus
  • OceanMaster21
  • Jacthripper
  • KingAnt27
  • BullPR
  • Ancient_god

FIGHT!!!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tag me for votes please

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is another interesting one T4V please.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rpgesus

Tag for a vote interested too see more about quasar

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#8  Edited By cosmicallyaware1
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: alright I received your tag in that other thread and here we go:

this shall be fun as I have not fully had the chance to represent this character as of yet.

Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)

No Caption Provided

Quick Biography // Character History

Quasar wields two immensely powerful Quantum Bands in his role as the Protector of the Universe.

He had served in the army with distinction, and had applied at SHIELD with the intent to be a field agent. Vaughn lacked a certain ‘killer instinct’ required and instead worked as security for Stark International. He was posted at the main door to the lab and while there, watched as test pilot William Wesley was shown a pair of bracelets apparently made of a highly durable metal named as the Power-Bands; Unfortunately Wesley was unable to remove the bands and was killed by an energy emission.A.I.M attacked at that moment and Wendell’s first thought was to protect his father who worked there as a scientist. They both ducked down behind the console that held the bands in clamps and Dr. Vaughn was horrified as he watched his son put the bands on his own wrists to protect them. Wendell saw an atmospheric dome covered city; and felt an ancient alien intelligence before single-handedly defeating the AIM attack force. In order to protect the scientists, his fellow agents, and his father, Wendell flew as high as he could to minimize the damage caused by his probable explosion. He calmed down and went with the flow of the energy currents and was astonished when the energy build-up dissipated. His lack of ‘killer instinct’ had actually saved him. Nick Fury offered Wendell a new job and he became a founding member of theSHIELD Super-Agents.

After joining the Super-Agents of SHIELD, Wendell was named Marvel Man and began training with theFalcon along side of theTexas Twister, Vamp, and Blue Streak. However when Vamp and Blue Streak turned out to be double agents and the Texas Twister quit, which left Marvel Man to assist Captain Americain rescuing the Falcon from the Corporation which was responsible for Vamp and Blue Streak. It was during this mission that Wendell showed Cap that he had great potential. He changed his name to Quasar when a group of children laughed at his Marvel Man code-name and became chief of security at Project: P.E.G.A.S.U.S.

As the character has evolved, Quasar has had an interesting career. He has been a member of the Avengers, and has ever been the epitome of a "cosmic" character. He has saved the lives of Watchers, battled Galactus with the FF, succeeded Mar-Vell as protector of the Universe, defeated "the presence", fought in the Infinity Gauntlet, wielded the Starbrand, fought in Operation Galactic Storm, fought in the Infinity War, his "death" at the hands of Annihilus in Annihilation, his resurrection and time in the Thanos Imperative / tenure in the team of Annihilators (upper echelon cosmic team consisting of Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Ronan, and Gladiator) and the Earthfall series.

Quasar is a foe to be reckoned with, and Herald level in credibility to say the least.

Powers and Abilities // what makes Quasar unique...

Quasar's Quantum Bands allow him to control all forms of energy and generate constructs of any shape including force fields, giant weapons and a suit of protective armor. The bands allow him to fly, create teleportation portals into the Quantum Zone and protect him from mental attacks/telepathy.

Primarily, the bands are tools for manipulating forms of energy. A bearer of the quantum-bands can affect, alter, absorb, and channel any form of energy found in the Electromagnetic spectrum, from Gamma Rays to Radio Waves, and this also includes visible light.

No Caption Provided

The bands can construct anything the wearer can imagine from "Quantum energy", This energy is derived from the Quantum-Zone, although the bands can absorb energy from all known sources. The Quantum Bands bond with their bearer upon contact interfacing the bearer's mind with the Bands allowing for mental control. Permanently affixing themselves generally to the bearer's wrists, the flesh and bone within rendered indestructible so long as the bond with the bands persists. The bond can only be broken upon the bearer's death, at which point the bands could be removed easily.

Foes who manipulate matter, psionically or otherwise, the Quantum Bands cannot effect their powers. They deal with energy, not matter. The Molecule Man, Sersi,Phoenix,Her, and theSilver Surfer, among others, affect matter in a way that a bearer of the Q-bands cannot. However, Her, Sersi, and the Silver Surfer use cosmic energy to power their matter manipulation abilities and therefore a practiced bearer could affect the energy source, but not the ability itself

What he brings to the table......

Simple. Any energy based being or being that is using energy based attacks is rendered inert by Quasar (that yellow lantern ring? useless. Superman's solar fuel? hahahahaha). He also employs incredibly strong shielding capabilities, energy constructs (such as GL's) used offensively and defensively, respectable speed capabilities, and is protected against TP based attacks (even though that won't apply here). I will go into deeper detail on this in the debate itself.

and with that it's time to dive into the debate!

No Caption Provided

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting please.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ancient_god
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Introducing...

No Caption Provided

INJUSTICE SUPERMAN!

Bio

I assume I don't need to tell Clark Kent's origin story. I will however give a brief introduction on the Injustice storyline and what makes him different from standard Pre/New 52 Kal-El. Skip this part if you don't want spoilers.

In Issue 1, the Joker decided that "playing with Batman was no fun," so he decided to torment the less psychologically resilient Superman instead. He killed Jimmy Olsen, and set up a trap for Superman, a submarine filled with Kryptonite gas and Scarecrow's fear gas. He also abducted Lois Lane.

So under the influence of the gas, Superman thought Lois was Doomsday, and in order to protect Lois, he brought "Doomsday" into space to fight. But by this time, the gas had worn off and he'd realized what he'd done, too late as Lois suffocated.

In addition, Joker had laced Lois's heart with a trigger to a bomb, and when it stopped beating, the bomb destroyed Metropolis and everyone in it.

Following this incident, Superman decided to take security into his own hands, and became dictator of the fascist state that was Earth. Injustice follows his exploits, and those of Batman who tries (unsuccessfully for five years) to stop him.

Significant character arcs include Injustice, Years 1, 2, and 3 (and perhaps 4 if this CaV goes on long enough) and the Injustice Video Game.

Paraphernalia // The Yellow Lantern Ring

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superman hasn't shown much prowess with creating constructs or blasts, but the Yellow Lantern Ring he received from Sinestro further enhances his already incredible stats.

Powers with the Ring

• Constructs
  • Further enhanced stats

Just to Show that Superman is Evil, and has no morals...

To display Superman's lack of restraint, and validate a speed-blitz scenario, let's check out Convergence #1:

No Caption Provided

Here, Superman refuses to aid the denizens of Gotham city, simply because they stood against him in his war with Batman.

Clark isn't going to hold back here. He will use the tactic referred to as a speed-blitz to kill Quasar.

Stats

Clark is primarily a physical being. He uses heat vision yes, but his pure speed and strength combined with freeze breath comprise his battle playbook.

This section will simply give a preview of Superman's prowess in physical categories.

Speed

Superman has an entire conversation with Flash while time looks frozen around them.

You may think it impressive, but this is FAR from his best feat. This is back in Year One, when he hadn't fully descended into madness and thus did have restraint.

What I'm getting at:Superman is immensely fast, and Quasar cannot react to him.

Strength

Injustice Superman is a legitimate planet buster, and can probably kill Quasar with a few punches.

Injustice Year One, Issue 16
Injustice Year One, Issue 16
Injustice Year One, Issue 9
Injustice Year One, Issue 9

He tears through Grundy like wet tissue paper, and oneshots Ares, the God of War. While neither has particularly impressive feats, this is simply a taste, a preview of Superman's prodigious strength.

Durability

No Caption Provided

Out of everything in Injustice only three things have physically incapacitated Superman.

• Kryptonite
  • Sonics
  • Super-Pills made from Kryptonian Tech

Most other attacks are unable to harm him, at all, as shown in Year 3, Issue 9 when he takes a blast from Sinestro without showing any signs of strain.

This section was meant to be a preclude to my showcasing of Superman's true strength feats. If you're unimpressed, just keep that in mind.

Draining

I can already tell from your previous post that draining will be a big part of your argument. However, it's not going to have as big of an impact as you think.

With the Yellow Lantern Ring, Superman's power source is the fear of more than 7 billion people. You'd have to literally be able to suck the planet dry of all emotion to drain him that way.

And if you try to drain his solar cells, Superman will simply fly to the sun like he did in the finale of Year Two; once there, you'd have to drain the entire sun to incapacitate him that way.

Why Will Superman Reign Victorious?

• Superman is much, much faster than Quasar. There's no conceivable way that Vaughn could react to a speedblitz.
  • Aside from draining, nothing that Quasar can unleash will even slow Clark down.
  • Draining will not work either, because of Clark's ring and his strategy of going towards the sun.
No Caption Provided

What Quasar are going to look like at the end of the fight (the Joker) ^^^^

@cosmicallyaware1: you're up!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

tag for votes

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what happened? Where's the rest of the debate?

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool man. I'm trying to get back into the full swing of things again and be a presence on the vine once more. I will "knock the dust" off of my post I was working on for a response and get this up ASAP man (and not months later lol...)

Darth_Wayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

cool man. I'm trying to get back into the full swing of things again and be a presence on the vine once more. I will "knock the dust" off of my post I was working on for a response and get this up ASAP man (and not months later lol...)

Lol.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: hey man, school's over for me on Thursday. You feel like typing up a post here, and I can hopefully respond to within about a week? It might take a while to compile Superman's feats, but it'll be worth it

I'm dying for a debate lol

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: actually forget it man, just realized there are a few assignmnts I missed that I need to get done

sorry

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: actually forget it man, just realized there are a few assignmnts I missed that I need to get done

sorry

hahahah, no worries my man. I actually would love to continue this. BUT I was really in the mood to rep Quasar at the time and now that has changed. Allow me to switch out the character when we continue this?

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers