CaV Sherlock (Link) vs CadenceV2 (Ult. Wolverine)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

VS

No Caption Provided
  • Link's Gear: Master Sword, Hylian Shield, Goddess Bow with Bomb, Fire, and Normal Arrows
  • Wolverine's Gear: None
  • KO or Death
  • Starting Distance 50 feet
  • Battle Ground

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pokergeist

Ill post scans tomorrow, bed time for now.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sherlock
@CadenceV2: No sweat.Before you go to bed can i get a starting distance?Just want to know if i can utilize the bow at all before it comes to H2H
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sherlock: edited.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sherlock: Alright I'm back.

Ultimate Wolverine is in alot of ways same as 616 Wolverine. Few Minor Differences. Ultimate Wolverine Mental Resistance from Weapon X is top notch. Xavier cant read his mind at all while he is conscience. Only Ultimate Phoenix could by pass his training and then only glimpse. Also he is built to be Radar Proof. Also Wolverines Adamantium DOES NOT coat his entire body like 616. He can be and has been pulled apart at the joints.

Doesn't matter here.

What does matter is his speed, skill, and Healing Factor.

Healing Factor is as good as 616 Wolvie.

Dazzler hits Wolvie with all she has. she destroys Mutiple Sentinels with those blast. North Star send him to another state. Considering how quick Iceman was rush to the Infirmary and had Scans done (usually few hours in a ER thats busy) Wolverine makes it back to the school. I doubt it KO him at all to make it back that fast.

Wolverine Wolverine takes bullets like a champ. Middle Scan is him having Steel melt off his body by Phoenix. Last one is a shotgun to the head. Still good to go.

Wolverine's Healing Factor vs a Mutant who disintegrates organic matter.

No Caption Provided

One of the best feats of Healing is Ultimate Wolvie. After having his head pulled off by Hulk he is still alive. Basically immortal.

Ignore the Play of Words as adamantium being broken. It wasn't. I seen a Cross Bow Bolt go through 616 Wolverines Adamantium Skull. This is WIS. Either way this is a good feat of the damage Wolvie can suffer and still climb a mountain.

Now onto Speed.

Ultimate Wolvie takes on a Anti Mutant terrorist with a detonator. Not only does Wolverine close the distance but clearly shows superior speed to how mans reaction time. Next is a Mob Boss threatening to kill Wolverine before having his gun cut before he can pull the trigger. Finally Ultimate QS qho is 10+ Mach speed is not only reacted to by Wolverine but could not react fast enough to dodge his attack.

Wolverine is very fast.

Next up is is some display of skill. Best for that is Ultimate Cable.

Ultimate Cable is Wolverine in the not too distant future. Wolverine however lost his Healing Factor to Apocalypse. Yet with skill alone overcomes the entire veteran X-Team. its a great showing of Skill when he fights his younger self.

Xavier pits wolverine against his Newly form X-Team. This is a Danger Room Sim however the Sim design with TP input by xavier himself on the strength levels and skills of the Team. Wolverine decimates.

I can see Wolverine using trees to dodge in and out of shots and close the distance quickly. Then its who can cause the most damage at that point.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sherlock
@CadenceV2: Must say i never knew that Ultimate Logan didnt have the Adamantium poison problem.Interesting info 

Question about the skill feats.The one in the danger room when was that?Beast didnt have his fur and Storm has her long hair.It must have been pretty early.If you are completely serious about "Newly Formed" then the feat isnt much since basically none of them have my ability as of yet 

The Cable feat is great for Cable but useless for Logan.Cable as you said is in the future.Logan has never done any of those things so for this battle the feat is irrelevant. 

My own opener 

So a quick demo on gear. 
The Hylian Shield and Master Sword are both indestructible so blocking claws wont be a problem.Another Property of the Master Sword is the power to Vanquish Evil (Not really useful here but its in the power list).It can also fire magical blasts a good range 
The Goddess Bow is just a bow with good range.The bomb arrows make an explosion powerful enough to destroy stone walls easily.The rest is self evident 

Now for some serious feats. 

For a nice little starter we have a cannon fodder feat since every master martial artist needs one.This one is slightly different than what you normally see however.Lets make a note of just how many of the little red dummy faces there are.Thats going into the upper hundreds easily.Thats a lot of bodies!Lets also notice the Archers and Kamikaze Bomb guys.As anyone could tell you fighting while being shot at is no picnic.Bombs just make that worse.And lets not forget the Giants and Stalfos.As you can imagine Link wipes the floor with these guys but its not over yet

This takes place directly after that little powwow we just saw.Meet the Demon Lord Ghirahim(AKA Ziggy Stardust).Guy has some serious anger management issues so let the therapy session begin.Ghirahim is a powerful magic user capable of creating solid constructs and weapons (Some of which he can control via TK).He also has the ability to teleport.He is also super humanly durable to the point of being all but impervious to attack as well as having a degree of super speed. He is also a competent swordsman. 

Now i know you must think that after beating a guy like that it must be over.Unfortunately for Link its not.You may have seen Ghirahim mention his master in the last video.Meet Demise.This is the final baddie of the game.To him Ghirahim is merely a tool,literally.See that giant Sword hes using.Yep thats Ghirahim in his true form 
Lets make a special Note of when Demise says he will rise again.Hes not kidding about that. 

So this particular video is part three of the overall battle.The other two are relatively uninteresting but if youd like to view those as well here they are here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpfn8f1jjHY&feature=relmfu  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AURERcWLbzw&feature=relmfu

Now onto this video.You can see that smoldering pile of ugliness.Thats Ganondorf,Demise incarnated.As you can see he got a major beat down courtesy  of our boy Link.Now lets divert our attention to the hovering little green Girl.This is Midna and she is not at all pleased with Ganondorf.As you can see she can change into a giant hulking green monster thinggummy.The two of them completely destroy Hyrule Castle in their battle.Thats a very large construct BTW.Needless to say though even with all that hulking monster power Ganondorf smacks her down without too much strain,leaving Link to pick up where she left off. 

Finally onto the final battle.I particularly love the music at this part.This video is pretty self explanatory. 
Another quick video to show what Midna is capable of which in turn shows why its no small feat to take her out 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6_dSwFGTmg 

Finally to finish it up an archery feat 

20 shots 20 bullseyes all from horseback 

This is just basic stuff ill get a strategy up in few.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sherlock said:

@CadenceV2: Must say i never knew that Ultimate Logan didnt have the Adamantium poison problem.Interesting info

Question about the skill feats.The one in the danger room when was that?Beast didnt have his fur and Storm has her long hair.It must have been pretty early.If you are completely serious about "Newly Formed" then the feat isnt much since basically none of them have my ability as of yet

The Cable feat is great for Cable but useless for Logan.Cable as you said is in the future.Logan has never done any of those things so for this battle the feat is irrelevant.

My own opener

It is interesting but maybe Adantium is of user friendlier stuff :)

The Danger Room was when the team first got together. Jean and Cyclopes were the only 2 already Train. Beast was also already heavily train from birth as he been attacked and shot at since he could walk. Colossus had training in killing since he was the Russian Maffia head enforcer. He is no slouch. Storm was a complete noob.

So Wolverine dispatch 4 train mutants and 1 Noob with ease. Valid feat for his skill level then. He only got better.

Also I think the Cable feat is valid as Cable says he had to rely on his skill more so than powers when he lost them. Skill didnt came overnight. It was skill Wolverine possessed before hand.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sherlock
@CadenceV2 said:

@Sherlock said:

My own opener

It is interesting but maybe Adantium is of user friendlier stuff :)

The Danger Room was when the team first got together. Jean and Cyclopes were the only 2 already Train. Beast was also already heavily train from birth as he been attacked and shot at since he could walk. Colossus had training in killing since he was the Russian Maffia head enforcer. He is no slouch. Storm was a complete noob.

Cyke and Jean were noobs at it as well though.They had training but not much.Jean especially had very little control of her abilities for most of the early times. 
Beast had none.Being shot at isnt training its surviving.he did well in that since hes alive but he still had no real H2H training. 
Colossus is a good one but again being a leg breaker isnt tough especially not when your a 100 toner with impenetrable skin.So no not a slouch by any means but most of that comes from his powers not his skill 
I figured Storm was.She should have owned him easily.Cant kill what you cant hit. 

Also I think the Cable feat is valid as Cable says he had to rely on his skill more so than powers when he lost them. Skill didnt came overnight. It was skill Wolverine possessed before hand.

Cable is Logan in the future yes?Then the character you are using has never done any of that.That in and of itself makes the feat useless for the Wolverine you are using. 
As a matter of fact Cables skill did not come over night.Allow me to repost one of your scans 
No Caption Provided
 As he said his skills came from 30 years without his healing.Your version of Logan does not have this 30 years to make him this good.The feat is inadmissible when being used for anyone but Cable
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sherlock: Yeah I will let that Cable showing go. I forgot it was 30 years and still thinking DKR Batman feats to All Star. Still had mad skill to survive 30 years to gain more skill. LOL.

Also Beast was FAR from lacking in skill.

Thats a good showing of Skill before he ever met the X-Men. Surviving a world that hates you since you were Born with the powers you have allows for some skill.

Also Jean was in full control at the time as Xavier still had her powers in control. She was nowhere near as powerful but definatly skilled enough for this.

TP is top Notch.
No Caption Provided

TK can obliterate a Sentinal with ease. This is Shortly (like a week) after the Danger Room Sim.

Point is Wolverine showed mad skill. No way he could do that now at all. Then he effortlessly was the best of them by leagues.

As for recent Skill we look at guys like Sabertooth.

Sabertooth has Superhuman Strength and takes down Beast and Storm with 1 shot each. The fight here (Wolverine first appearance) shows Sabertooth as the superior.

Yet later...

No Caption Provided

Wolverine One Shots him.

Another good display of his skill is fighting thru the Reality Warp Spawn Brotherhood of Mutants to easily end the very skilled Magician. All this while Healing.

He has mad skills.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sherlock
@CadenceV2: Im not trying to discredit his skill level,just the scans you posted.TBH neither of the original ones showcase much skill. 
Im still not convinced of Beast.Its common knowledge that he has natural acrobatic ability and speed.None of that really showcases any real prowess in H2H.Logan taking on the team of Xmen is good but again all of them were new to this and Logan was not.Beating them isnt his best showing by far. 

As of now its pretty apparent that this will end in H2H.Link may get one or two hits with explosive arrows (Which as i said will hurt but i doubt they will put him down) but that about all the range fighting that will take place.
As shown Link has extraordinary skill in Sword/Shield combat,taking on beings far exceeding him in overall power output.The scans you posted of Logan going to down Sabretooth earlier show that he can in fact be put down by physical means. 
Links weapons as stated wont be cut up by Logans claws so blocking them wont be a problem.Sword and Shield style is perfect for this kind of combat.Logan can easily dispatch Link with one good strike (And pretty much anyone else Adamantium claws will do that).Since he wont get through the shield that gives Link a perfect defense for his indestructible claws.A perfect example for shield based combat is Deadliest Warrior.As much as i dont like most of what they do on that show they got the Spartan right.Getting through a shield is difficult.Eventually you leave yourself open and you get hit then the whole thing starts over. 
Link also has a multitude of techniques for getting hits quickly and avoiding being hit in the process 

These are all the hidden skills as Link learns them in Twighlight Princess.Most of them are useless here but the Helm Splitter and Backslice would be very useful.The Backslice especially since you have already demonstrated that Logan can be decapitated.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sherlock: I love deadliest warrior. Spartan beats Samurai :)

Also quick note Logan wasn't decapitated at all. His head can be pulled off as well any part of his body with joints. Since link doesn't have Hulk strength I don't see that tactic working.

More notes on Wolverine Skill. He can easily dispatch multiple Brotherhood Mutants while holding a Conversation.

Here wolverine fights Yuri. She has a Healing Factor better than Wolverines and Claws sharp enough to cut a Vehicle (Engine Block and All) in half. Only thru her knowledge of Wolverines one Weak spot (and explains Adamantium doesn't coat his entire Skeleton 100%) and hits it. Whats good about this even tho she has 2 forms of weapons as well wide defense she get her throat cut in One Panel.

Since Link cant reach same spot as she can I'm not worried.

Sabertooth 2nd match with Adamantium this time. wolverine Starts Tied Up. Thru skill gets his ropes cut and battles his equal. He can take alot of damage and its only thru Sabes Brute strength that Temporarily KO Wolvie who was already shot up.

This is another good showing of Skill and Tactics vs Multiple Sentinels. He not only finds smart ways of beating them but he shreds alot of them on his own.

Here is a Speed showing. Wolverine kills a small army of Zombies in a flash.

Im confident in Wolverine's Skill, Speed, and Healing will be too much.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By renamed040924

Link me to this by the end, I'll be sure to vote.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sherlock

I haven't forgotten this I'm just majorly busy with the holiday week.Ill get a reply up as soon as possible

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sherlock: Thats cool.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sherlock
@CadenceV2 said:

@Sherlock: I love deadliest warrior. Spartan beats Samurai :)

Also quick note Logan wasn't decapitated at all. His head can be pulled off as well any part of his body with joints. Since link doesn't have Hulk strength I don't see that tactic working.

I see that makes a bit of a difference. 

In all of the scans you posted of Logan duking it out he takes a lot of hits.It works for him because he can tank those hits but that kind of reckless attitude isnt always the best method of fighting.Link cant take a shot to the head (Be it with adamantium or normal metal) so he has to avoid taking those hits all together.Thats where the shield comes in.Being a master sword and shield fighter he well aware of how to use the shield to its full potential.That potential being using the shield to ward off any and all attacks until an opening is revealed.Its basic and easy to utilize.Logan may have healing abilities but taking hit after hit after hit after hit is going to take its toll healing factor or not. 

The fight with Dark Link.Ever played a game with a boss that literally did everything you did?Thats this guy 

The Darknut.This showcases a bit of the profits of being a sword and shield fighter.

A strength feat here.I know you kept saying that Sabretooth only KOs Logan via strength.Just take a look at this guy Gorons are ridiculously strong to begin with though most of them arent nearly as big as this guy.Link can grab him and throw him easily enough. 

Another crazy powerful magic user and teleported.Zant was a wicked difficult battle if i do say so myself.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sherlock: Your absolutely right about Wolverine Tanking hits to get hits. but it work well for him.

He uses it well to beat Sabertooth and Cornelius. Allowing Cornelius to Stab him. This cause Cornelius to loose a weapon vs Wolverine 2 Weapons.

So in theory Link Stabs and Wolverine snags his sword in his body means he can use his 2 sets of claws vs Links 1 Shield.

Wolverine was decimated by ultimate Hulk but he shows he was more than conscious for the main hitting attacks and slams.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sherlock
@CadenceV2: I understand it works for him.All im saying is that tanking<avoiding.He may be able to take a good bit but Link can avoid just as much via his shield. 

Getting Links Weapon from him wont be easy.As i said he is a master swordsman.Not to mention the only place to grab is the blade.I cant say iv ever grabbed a blade but id assume its sharp. 
You Grab it and the wielder pulls it back who do you think has the better grip there?I tend to think the wielder would win that one. 

Hulk is stronger than Link and im not fanboy enough to deny it. 
You did however show a scan of Sabretooth KOing Logan.You also said that it was only Sabretooths strength that put Logan down.You have to take the bad with the good.I think iv shown that Link is at least as strong as Sabretooth (And if not ill supply more feats).Im pretty sure Link can get a KO here due to his fighting style. 
I say again a sword and shield style is perfect for someone like Wolverine (In any form time or universe).All Link needs to do is keep his shield up until Wolverine is open then strike.Hes shown in my video that he can keep this up for a prolonged period and rack up enough badily damage to knock him out
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sherlock: Im almost out of Scans for this debate. But I will add these for fun anyway.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wolverine is the slayer of Bears!

Im done. :)

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sherlock

@CadenceV2: That with the Panda is on of the funniest things iv ever seen!I fell out of my seat i laughed so hard

My last feats.Been rebeating several of my games.Its astounding which bosses you forget about completely

So first is the fight with Koloktos.Giant metal guy with six arms swinging giant freaking swords.Kinda scary if i say so myself.

So the first thing to note is the size of this guy.Anything that big is going to be strong.He also knocks out those stone pillars pretty easily.Next is the speed at which he swings said sword.Anything showing after images like that is going at some serious speeds.That right there is a great showing of reflexes.Finally you have the size of the sword.Link can not only pick up a sword a big as he is but he can swing it pretty damn well.I would love to see Sabretooth doing something like that

The only thing really note worthy here is at about 40 seconds.Very high speed feat for Ghirahim.The guy is fast as hell making Link being able to dodge him at all very note worthy

Now if thats all you got for feats then ill call in some voters

Anyone else can vote as well ;-)

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wolfrazer

Going with Sherlock/Link here, given not only what Sherlock gave out. But Link is able to think on is feet in combat very quick, and could really cause some damage with his bow and arrows, and with the master sword and his shield he is a master in using both, hes pretty similar to Batman in certain areas. 

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sherlock

Bump for votes

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist

Lets not forget lol.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By laflux

@CadenceV2 said:

Lets not forget lol.

lol thanks, let me read through the scans and videos and I will vote later.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sherlock

Still no more votes?Bah!

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By renamed040924

Fun debate, I never thought much of Ult. Wolvy but Cadence changed that right now.

Gotta give it up to Sherlock though.

Don't be sad Cadence, bringing character awareness is better than winning :P

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pokergeist

@nickzambuto: You need to read those One Piece Manga so we can do our Ultimate Wolvie vs Zorro debate.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By renamed040924

@CadenceV2 said:

@nickzambuto: You need to read those One Piece Manga so we can do our Ultimate Wolvie vs Zoro debate.

lol, you still on that? If either could get past that healing factor, I could do either Vamp, Wesker, or Gray Fox vs Wolverine. Or hell, how about 616 vs Ultimate?

If you're in an Ultimate Spidey mood we can do him vs Daredevil.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokergeist

@nickzambuto: Im actually upgrading my Ultimate Spidey collection to include... every Ult. Spidey Book. l will hold off on Spidey.

Ill do Vamp vs Ult. Wolvie.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pokergeist

@nickzambuto: Oh how about Ult. Saber Tooth and Ultimate Wolvie vs Vamp and Wesker?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By renamed040924

@CadenceV2 said:

@nickzambuto: Oh how about Ult. Saber Tooth and Ultimate Wolvie vs Vamp and Wesker?

I'm still scared of their healing factors... but apparently Sabretooth could KO Logan? How strong is Sabretooth?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pokergeist

Strong enough to ko Logan..... cough cough.....