CaV Serrure vs Jwalser3 (Voting)

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By serrure

Master Order and Lord Chaos have chosen to battle for Supremacy...

No Caption Provided

Master Order (Jwalser3)- IG-88

No Caption Provided

vs

Lord Chaos (Serrure)- X-23 and Gambit

dat Cleavage doe!
dat Cleavage doe!

The Rules

Standard Gear for all

Morals On

No Trigger Scent with X-23

No BFR if possible

Battle Field

No Caption Provided

abandoned New York

The Judge

someone must judge the match...

No Caption Provided

The Grandmasters Rules

1. The Grandmaster will not tolerate ignorant comments similar to the likes of "This will be a stomp" or "_____ should win" plz wait until the end of the match to give the grandmaster your opinions (votes)
  2. The Grandmaster will tolerate no major intrusions in this match. spectators are of course allowed and conversation during the fight is expected but keep it to where our contestants are not distracted (no major derailing of thread)
  3. The Grandmaster has trouble remembering everyone who wants to watch the match after its completion. letting him know while the match goes on is perfectly acceptable (if you want to be tagged for votes let me know)
  4. The Grandmaster would like to remind everyone that this match will have no affect on reality after its completion. (Its comics people lets have fun, not get into fights.)
  5. Violations of the above rules will not be tolerated and if the Grandmaster must call in a higher power he will (dont make me call a mod plz.)

The Grandmaster would like to remind everyone...

No Caption Provided

Thank YOU!

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jwalser3

@serrure: Alrighty alright, lets get this show started!

IG-88

No Caption Provided

Just who, or rather what is IG-88? IG-88 is one of the most deadliest assassin droids in the galaxy. He has been considered the second best bounty hunter next to Boba Fett. He has over 40 warrants to be Dismantle on site. This droid is feared and is not some cheap piece of metal.

Can he take on these two Marvel heroes? Let us find out!

Stronger in Numbers

I'm sure you're thinking that just because you have two characters this will be easy and that 88 can't keep focus on both. But my little droid has a 360 head, eyes consistently looking all around him.

Each IG's blaster resistant armor stood 2 meters tall. A cylindrical head, studded with glowing red sensors allowed the unit to see in all directions at once. The droid lacked olfactory sensors, but compensated with advanced auditory, rodionic, movement and temperature sensors.

-The Essential Guide to Droids.

So flanking or getting the drop on 88 will be difficult.

"He looks rather slow..."

Now sure, IG-88 is a droid, but he isn't some clunky bot like C3PO. He's actually very fast and agile.

Here he moves a blurring speeds:

As the first technician-Target Number One- lunged for the emergancy alarm, IG-88 moved with blurring speed to the component lab table.

-I think, therefore I am.

Here IG-88 quickly shoots in multiple directions.

No Caption Provided

Just to give you an idea.

ATTACK!

So how exactly is IG-88 going to bring down these two skilled fighters? I mean he's just one droid!

The IG's weapon compliment was astounding, especially when one realized that the entire arsenal was integrated directly and unobtrusively into the standard body structure. Each forearm consisted of a repeating blaster cannon, a concussion grenade launcher built into the left hip. And behind various panels and ports, lurked a flamethrower, a sonic stunner, paralysis cord, an array of throwing flechettes and a rack of poison gas canisters.

- Essential Guide to Droids

Yeah. This bot is a walking arsenal.

A mixture of sonic stunner + poison gas + flame thrower should easily do damage to your duo.

"Some have suggested that IG-88 would have been the perfect weapon to battle the Yuuzhan Vong. His flamethrower, repeating blaster, paralysis cord and poison canisters would make short work of any opponent, and the finishing touch would be the irony of having a droid decimate the antitechnology Yuuzhan Vong fanatics."

- New Essential Guide to Characters.

This is impressive because the Vong give Jedi problems.

Round up 1

Your team is fast and agile, it'll be awhile before IG-88 can bring down X-23. But with sonics and a flame thrower I believe he can finish her. Gambit is fast, but IG-88 has some sweet accuracy feats up his arm plate. Of course this won't be an easy fight for either side.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By serrure

@jwalser3: sorry for some reason i missed the tag

Gambit

the card slinging mutant owns all

No Caption Provided

he literally has spider-man lvl agility and reflexes but he doesnt have the spider sense. its ok he makes up for it by being able to blow sh!t up

Speed

he dodges lasers, missiles, bullets, repulsars (he dodges everything)

the 3rd scan is important, he pulls a matrix on automatic gunfire

Fighting Skills

Gambit often doesnt get the respect he deserves here

Gambit was able to go toe to toe with daredevil and if you ask me he looked slightly better at the end of it

hes able to floor blade rather easily.

Cards/Kinetic Charging

the key reason why he's here is this. the destruction hes capable of is important. and because IG-88 is a machine he wont be holding back quite as much

he takes down a Sentinel with them, Sinister goes bye bye, Moonstone is taken to ouchtown with them, and Moonknight is pretty much floored by them

these are just a few examples of how dangerous his cards can be, now lets move on to accuracy

1.he snips the wire of a bomb (thats a bullseye lvl feat)

2. 3 cards, 3 headshots

3. this doubles as a reaction feat because he shot Spidermans webs out after Spidey shot them

4. puts a card in sabertooths mouth (like a total boss)

X-23

No Caption Provided

shes a clone of Wolverine, and that means she's a real b!tch to put down for an extended period of time

Healing Factor

this pretty much puts a downer on your flamethrower theory, you'll have to do more to put her down

she also tanks an explosion pretty easily

while under the trigger scent she was able to just push her legs back in socket.

shes a real tank

Skill

she was able to beat Lady Deathstrike, and fight pretty evenly with Daken (the fight was longer but they were both chopping each other up)

No Caption Provided

and on a final creepy note look how quick she moves

Attack

so X-23 is gonna bull rush but shes pretty quick... now obviously IG-88 could simply shoot her out but hes gonna be pretty busy dodging explosives Cards from Gambit

in a 2 on 1 its very hard to keep someone with the range of Gambit moving while keeping someone with the damage output of X-23. obviously X-23 is the biggest threat due to her claws being able to slice through anything, but you cant ignore the guy carrying 52 grenades

the 2 fer of keeping IG-88 on the move with cards while letting X-23 keep IG-88s full attention will eventually allow Gambit to get cards in or X-23 taking out a few arms and legs

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jwalser3

@serrure: Great rebuttal pal! But you'll see why I'm cooler.

No Caption Provided

So of course Gambit is agile. I knew this from the beginning lol. Same goes for X-23. How is my little bot ever going to handle these two fighters?

Processor Speed

IG-88 can think and calculate faster then your duo here.

As the bolt roared toward him, IG-88 assessed his body parts, chose the smooth reflective portion on the palm of his left hand, and raised it in a flash, calculating the precise angle of incidence. The burning laser bolt struck the mirrorized hand and sprang back toward Loruss. The beam struck her in the center of her bald forrehead, and her skull popped in an explosion of wet black-and-red smoke.She tumbled.

- Taken from I think, therefore I am

In this feat he not only blocks a blaster bolt with his reflector but he actually calculates. He was able to do all this while the projectile was flying at him. So not only should IG-88 be able to react to your movements, he should also see Gambit's cards in slow mo.

Just to give you another showing of his processor.

Internal chronometer activated. BEGIN

Electricity flooded through circuits, a power surge racing through a billion neural pathways. Sensors awakened, producing a flood of data- and with it came questions.

Who am I?

His internal programming finished the tedious two-second long initialization procedures and poured out an answer. He was IG-88, a droid, a sophisticated droid-an assassin droid.

Where am I?

A microsecond later, images from his exterior sensors snapped into focus. IG-88 had no sense of smell, and no eyes and ears as humans understood them, but his optical and auditory sensors were far more efficient, able to absorb data in a broader range than any living being. He froze a static image of his surroundings and studied it, collating more answers.

He had awakened in some sort of large laboratory complex, white and metal, sterile, and-acording to his temperature sensors-colder than humans generally preferred. IG-88 noted mechanical components strewn on silvery tables: gears and pullets, durasteel struts, servomotors, an array of delicate microchips from frozen into a slab of transparent protective gelatin. Struck motionless in a pinpoint of time as his extremely fast neural processors digested the details, IG-88 counted fifteen scientists/engineers/technicians working in the laboratory. With infrared scan he observe red their body heat as bright as silhouettes in the coldness of his birthplace.

Interesting, he though.

Then IG-88 detected something that focused his entire attention. Four other assassin droids, apparently identical to his own bodily configuration-a bulky structural skeleton, armored arms and legs, a torso plated with blaster-proof armor sidling, a cylindrical head that was rounded on top and studded with sensor nubs providing him 360 degrees' worth of precise observation.

I am not alone.

IG-88 recognized each droid's full complement of weapons: blaster cannons built into the structure of each arm, concussion grenades and a launcher attached to his hip, as well as other weapons not easily recognizable into the body structure-poisonous gas canisters, throwing fletchettes, stun pulser, paralysis cord… and a computer input port. IG-88 was pleased with his list of capabilities.

IG-88's first round of questions had been answered. He had only to study his memory banks and his external sensors. He was designed to be self-sufficient. He was an assassin droid, resourceful. He had to accomplish his mission… though, checking his newly initialized programming, he saw that he had not yet been given a mission. He would have to acquire one.

Three seconds had already passed, and another important question surfaced in his burning-awake brain.

Why am I here?

- I think, therefore I am.

In the space of 3 seconds he asks himself a number of questions and answers them by absorbing every single little detail around him. Thought process and ability to absorb information works in microseconds.

It should be noted "His internal programming finished the tedious two-second long initialization procedures and poured out an answer. He was IG-88, a droid, a sophisticated droid-an assassin droid."
That it was only 3 seconds because of IG-88'S boot up. He was still thinking and scanning within micro seconds.

Gambit and his POW!

Of course Gambit was able to damage Sentinel, Sinister, Moonstone, etc. He knew he needed a little extra punch behind his attack. He doesn't know how tough IG-88 is. I'm assuming he'll start with slightly charged cards and amp them up within time. But by that time it'll be to late. IG-88 has already proven himself fast physically and mentally to handle this bounty. IG-88 can even calculate if the explosion will hit him.

He halted three meters from the scabbed surface of the armor-plated doorway and launched his first con-cussion grenade. He calculated that even from here the Shockwave wouldn't damage him.

-I think, Therefore I am

He should also be able to handle low level attacks from Gambit.

Bringing down the kitty

this pretty much puts a downer on your flamethrower theory, you'll have to do more to put her down

Actually it doesn't really. When IG-88 tags her he'll know instantly of her healing ability when she heals of course, lol. So he may try to bring her down another way. I had actually mentioned sonic s for this strategy. Seeing how she's a clone of Wolverine, she also has his enhanced senses. Tsk. Tsk.

EEEEEEE!
EEEEEEE!

Not only will this effect Gambit it'll do worse to X-23. This combo will be very effective actually.

Something like this could happen. Or IG-88 could just continue till she's a skeleton.

I know I know, non canon. The theory is still good though.
I know I know, non canon. The theory is still good though.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By serrure

@jwalser3: i cant make it too easy for you now, though IG-88 is a legit BA no?

Round 2

No Caption Provided

In this feat he not only blocks a blaster bolt with his reflector but he actually calculates. He was able to do all this while the projectile was flying at him. So not only should IG-88 be able to react to your movements, he should also see Gambit's cards in slow mo.

Impressive no doubt (and on a side note can i say thank you for underlining the key parts, do you know how awesome that is, anyways good guy award goes to you bro!)

while thats extremely fast Gambit and his cards will still be going pretty

No Caption Provided

c'mon Spider Man is Spider Man ;) i mean i could calc the fact that spidey was able to dodge a sniper bullet and stuff but thats hella-lotta work. hes hella fast dawg

X-23 has some lesser showings with Spidey but ya know things will come as they come

Of course Gambit was able to damage Sentinel, Sinister, Moonstone, etc. He knew he needed a little extra punch behind his attack. He doesn't know how tough IG-88 is. I'm assuming he'll start with slightly charged cards and amp them up within time. But by that time it'll be to late. IG-88 has already proven himself fast physically and mentally to handle this bounty. IG-88 can even calculate if the explosion will hit him.

you forget Laura is with him... when it comes to protecting the people he cares about he tends to not start off as lightly. especially against Machines. (which he is intelligent enough to determine... at least i think)

Also IG-88 was able to measure his own explosion but Gambit's card vary in severity of explosions. no 1 card is exactly the same. theres no way he'll be able to 100% calculate Gambits explosions

Actually it doesn't really. When IG-88 tags her he'll know instantly of her healing ability when she heals of course, lol. So he may try to bring her down another way. I had actually mentioned sonic s for this strategy. Seeing how she's a clone of Wolverine, she also has his enhanced senses. Tsk. Tsk.

I dont know how i feel about calling her "kitty" but ill roll with it for now :P

the sonics may harm her for a second but that scan doesnt show him being able to do this on the move and theoretically Gambit could takes these out with his cards

No Caption Provided

if you need to know how far Gambit can throw these cards well... HELLA FAR bro.

Not only will this effect Gambit it'll do worse to X-23. This combo will be very effective actually

It doesnt seem like it affected the humans that badly. not something neither Gambit nor Wolver erk* i mean X-23 couldnt tank through and blow up

But i do question how often he uses this, theres no way he should reasonably no that sonics are a weakness of X-23s let alone Wolverines...

Something like this could happen. Or IG-88 could just continue till she's a skeleton.

Given that X-23 was still fighting while her skin was melting off i dont see how thats gonna stop her especially since IG-88 has more than one opponent

No Caption Provided

just an excerpt of a fight i posted already

despite the speed advantage of IG-88 X-23 and Gambit should still be able to take this bounty hunter down

splitting his combination against these 2 can be deadly, if he loses sight of either for even a moment it can cause serious problems

but i will admit they will be nursing their wounds fo sho

well Gambit will

No Caption Provided

X-23s healing factor is better than Wolverines

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jwalser3

@serrure: Nice post, nice post.

No Caption Provided

Lets finish this up.

you forget Laura is with him... when it comes to protecting the people he cares about he tends to not start off as lightly. especially against Machines. (which he is intelligent enough to determine... at least i think)

Also IG-88 was able to measure his own explosion but Gambit's card vary in severity of explosions. no 1 card is exactly the same. theres no way he'll be able to 100% calculate Gambits explosions

Mhm, you're right. I still don't believe he'll go Sentinal level from the get go. While I still believe he can dodge them let me show you some durability.

You're right. He could calculate the possible volly of the explosion. But let me show you have durable IG-88 is..

He strode down the dark corridor, knowing that even now the target would be rallying his defenses, set-ting up ambushes along the way. But IG-88 knew the path he must take. Blueprints of the stronghold as well as locations of weapons emplacements and comple-ments of mercenary guards had been on Grlubb's datadisk.

From a fortified cul-de-sac, five guards began firing at him with blaster rifles. Their bolts spanged off IG-88's duraplated armor. No simple energy weapon could damage him unless the beam struck exactly the right spot-only a few of IG-88's original designers knew such vulnerabilities, and most of those designers had been slaughtered at the Holowan Laboratories' massa-cre.

-I think, Therefore I am

Just an idea.

What's the noise???

he sonics may harm her for a second but that scan doesnt show him being able to do this on the move and theoretically Gambit could takes these out with his cards

While that's the only feat of him actually using it, I would like to say he can move and use it; since it is emitting from him. But lets say he can't, the soft disrupter should be enough to at least phaze X-23. It did hurt the ears of normal humans.

And I never tried implying that IG-88 would know about the enhanced hearing, just that if he used them X-23 would be in more pain then Gambit.

Accuracy

I never got to show off IG-88's accuracy. While he doesn't do what Gambit and Bullseye do, he's pretty up there.

You know how tiny Astromechs are?

He snipes an Astromech from a pretty long distance, while moving.

Weapon eXterminated (90s much?)

Given that X-23 was still fighting while her skin was melting off i dont see how thats gonna stop her especially since IG-88 has more than one opponent

I would like to think that IG-88 would do this after defeating Gambit. IG-88 can still bleed her out, sonic stun her, use his paralysis cord, or choke her out with poison smoke grenades. The paralysis cord with wrap around her until she can't move, and with any sort of struggle the cord will electrocute her.

So IG-88 has a few ways of putting her down. It won't be easy, but it's not impossible.

I see you...both

despite the speed advantage of IG-88 X-23 and Gambit should still be able to take this bounty hunter down

splitting his combination against these 2 can be deadly, if he loses sight of either for even a moment it can cause serious problems

Aaahhh. Keeping track on both, again, should prove to be easy.

A cylindrical head, studded with glowing red sensors allowed the unit to see in all directions at once. The droid lacked olfactory sensors, but compensated with advanced auditory, rodionic, movement and temperature sensors.

-Taken from The Essential Guide to Droids.

An antenna on the head intercepts and decodes transmissions, and a sensitive sound sensor at the base of the head also detects any sounds its intended victim may make.

- Taken from Faces of Evil

No Caption Provided
  • 360 degree view
  • Differnt Optic scanner
  • Life Form Sensor

IG-88 will be able to track both of your duo.

What I got, what you got

This would sell out tickets if this fight happend, it'd be long, tough, and bloody. But I feel IG-88 will collect this bounty.

IG-88X-23 & Gambit
StrengthNumbers

Durability

Healing Factor
GearAgility
Proccesing Speed

IG-88 is packing enough wild card weapons to handle them both. He and 4 other IG-88 were able to tear apart a large 9 ton door so he would have the strength, and he can just process and move faster. I see few things your team has besides pesky healing factor and numbers.

Well that pretty much ends it for me, would you like to start voting?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tag for votes please

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Tag me 4 my votes

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jwalser3
serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By serrure
serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By serrure

Round 3

Ready FIGHT!

No Caption Provided

Mhm, you're right. I still don't believe he'll go Sentinal level from the get go. While I still believe he can dodge them let me show you some durability.

You're right. He could calculate the possible volly of the explosion. But let me show you have durable IG-88 is..

tanking blaster fire is no small feat those things tear through durasteal armor often. however they lack the certain explosive damage that charged cards or objects posses

No Caption Provided

now obviously this will be on a lesser scale with cards but the reason i bring it up is because in an abandoned New York there will be plenty of objects on the ground (Cuz New Yorkers are pigs... well most of them. There are a few good ones)

I never got to show off IG-88's accuracy. While he doesn't do what Gambit and Bullseye do, he's pretty up there.

thats pretty god dang (lul im trying to censer myself as best as possible) impressive.

I would like to think that IG-88 would do this after defeating Gambit. IG-88 can still bleed her out, sonic stun her, use his paralysis cord, or choke her out with poison smoke grenades. The paralysis cord with wrap around her until she can't move, and with any sort of struggle the cord will electrocute her.

So IG-88 has a few ways of putting her down. It won't be easy, but it's not impossible.

while this plan would work it would be allot harder to kill Gambit if you have someone with Adamantium Claws closing in on you. she can slice through like Swiss Cheese

i mean Gambit is incredibly agile

No Caption Provided

context this is an older unmanned Iron Man armor... and hes pretty BA

he'll have to work to hit him while keeping X-23 away from him

• · 360 degree view
  • · Differnt Optic scanner
  • · Life Form Sensor

IG-88 will be able to track both of your duo.

so he'll know where they are and even if he can target them both at the same time his attention will be divided. he wont be able to focus on either 100%

IG-88

X-23 & Gambit

Strength

Numbers

Durability

Healing Factor

Gear

Agility

Proccesing Speed

you forgot to add a very large amount of explosives for my team

IG-88 is packing enough wild card weapons to handle them both. He and 4 other IG-88 were able to tear apart a large 9 ton door so he would have the strength, and he can just process and move faster. I see few things your team has besides pesky healing factor and numbers.

yeah all those weapons annoy the sh!t out of me. i hate them. with a burning passion. but claws with the ability to cut through anything and high powered explosives should win the day

im down for votes but i want final confirmation (and if you want to do an exposition im down since i introduced new stuff... I think)

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump bump bump.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Impervious

I'm voting jwalser3. Both did a really good job of debating their chosen combatants and their capabilities but I believe that jwalser3 just took a slight edge in the end for me

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to vote jwalser3. I didn't think much of IG-88, but he was very impressive here. I think jwalser3's demonstration of IG-88's gear was most impressive. So while I think that the team would win in a real fight, and serrure did a great job, I give my vote to jwalser.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shot

Great sportsmanship by both of you. You should pat yourself in the back. I'm voting jwalser3, taking the majority. He kept it strong despite the odds.