CaV: Poison Ivy (MasterJohn) vs Rose and Daken (Esquire)

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Esquire

Today on Challenge a Viner: The Vixen of Flora vs the Children of Killers: Poison Ivy vs Rose Wilson and Daken Akihiro!

No Caption Provided

Gear:

Poison Ivy: Standard

Ravager: Twin Promethium Swords

Daken: Muramasa Claws

30 Minutes Prep for both sides

Morals Off

Fight takes place at this construction site:

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Esquire

Look okay?

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MasterJohn

@Esquire said:

Look okay?

It looks fine.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MasterJohn

In my opinion, Ivy wins. Even though Rose is a woman, her Toxins still work on them. If Ivy can distract her for a couple seconds, a man eating plant could come up and eat her. However, since she has prep she probably already knows this. But I don't know what can resist Ivy's toxins to be honest.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Esquire

@MasterJohn said:

In my opinion, Ivy wins. Even though Rose is a woman, her Toxins still work on them. If Ivy can distract her for a couple seconds, a man eating plant could come up and eat her. However, since she has prep she probably already knows this. But I don't know what can resist Ivy's toxins to be honest.

Pheromones are a powerful weapon, for sure. But Daken has them as well, and he can also use them to seduce.

No Caption Provided

If it's a pheromones battle you're after, here's how it'll go down: Ivy will seduce Daken and Ravager. Daken will seduce Ivy and Ravager. Daken and Ivy will be desperately attracted to each other, and will fall into each other's arms. Ravager will be desperately jealous, as she wants them both, and will attack furiously, slicing and dicing. Daken has a healing factor to take the punishment. Ivy does not. So in a battle of pheromones, my team should win.

However, both sides are granted 30 minutes of prep, in addition to full knowledge of their opponents. So Daken will take 30 minutes to retrieve a pair of gas masks, and Ravager will get a dose of adrenaline. With her pheromones unable to affect her opponents, do you still think Ivy can win? What will she do with her prep, knowing her opponents' abilities?

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MasterJohn

@Esquire said:

@MasterJohn said:

Pheromones are a powerful weapon, for sure. But Daken has them as well, and he can also use them to seduce.

No Caption Provided

If it's a pheromones battle you're after, here's how it'll go down: Ivy will seduce Daken and Ravager. Daken will seduce Ivy and Ravager. Daken and Ivy will be desperately attracted to each other, and will fall into each other's arms. Ravager will be desperately jealous, as she wants them both, and will attack furiously, slicing and dicing. Daken has a healing factor to take the punishment. Ivy does not. So in a battle of pheromones, my team should win.

However, both sides are granted 30 minutes of prep, in addition to full knowledge of their opponents. So Daken will take 30 minutes to retrieve a pair of gas masks, and Ravager will get a dose of adrenaline. With her pheromones unable to affect her opponents, do you still think Ivy can win? What will she do with her prep, knowing her opponents' abilities?

What can your team do against Ivy's vines? A shot of her pheromones to get them distracted, and then a man eating plant pops up out of the ground and eats them both.

No Caption Provided
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Esquire

@MasterJohn said:

What can your team do against Ivy's vines? A shot of her pheromones to get them distracted, and then a man eating plant pops up out of the ground and eats them both.

I'm glad you asked. Both of my team members have a counter for Ivy's pheromones, thanks to the gas masks Daken procured with his prep. So pheromones are of no use against them. And both have a counter for Ivy's most potent weapon. First up: Ravager!

Ravager, in addition to highly enhanced physicals and impressive skills, has precognitive abilities. She can see the future, and when enhanced with extra adrenaline, which she will be thanks to my prep, she can clearly see the next few seconds of her future, and can react to the events she sees, changing them by her actions. So she'll see that Ivy is summoning a man-eating plant, and will use her enhanced speed and agility to get out of the way. She can continue to do this while she closes the distance to Ivy, who she can then decapitate with her massive h2h advantage.

On to Daken!

Daken has no precog, but he has stealth far in excess of what Ivy can track. He is able to sneak out of an elevator with Frankencastle standing outside the only door.

And he's able to sneak up on Wolverine, even with Logan's enhanced senses.

He can even get through Reed Richards' security system in the Baxter Building.

Added to this is his ability to disappear from plain sight.

With his stealth skills and disappearing abilities, he'll be out of sight as soon as the match begins, and Ivy won't be able to find him until he's cutting her to pieces from behind with his claws.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MasterJohn

@Esquire said:

@MasterJohn said:

I'm glad you asked. Both of my team members have a counter for Ivy's pheromones, thanks to the gas masks Daken procured with his prep. So pheromones are of no use against them. And both have a counter for Ivy's most potent weapon. First up: Ravager!

Ravager, in addition to highly enhanced physicals and impressive skills, has precognitive abilities. She can see the future, and when enhanced with extra adrenaline, which she will be thanks to my prep, she can clearly see the next few seconds of her future, and can react to the events she sees, changing them by her actions. So she'll see that Ivy is summoning a man-eating plant, and will use her enhanced speed and agility to get out of the way. She can continue to do this while she closes the distance to Ivy, who she can then decapitate with her massive h2h advantage.

On to Daken!

Daken has no precog, but he has stealth far in excess of what Ivy can track. He is able to sneak out of an elevator with Frankencastle standing outside the only door.

And he's able to sneak up on Wolverine, even with Logan's enhanced senses.

He can even get through Reed Richards' security system in the Baxter Building.

Added to this is his ability to disappear from plain sight.

With his stealth skills and disappearing abilities, he'll be out of sight as soon as the match begins, and Ivy won't be able to find him until he's cutting her to pieces from behind with his claws.

This seems like a stomp in there favor.

Next time, please, PLEASE pick a fair fight.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vouile

@MasterJohn said:

Agreed. Daken would finish the job pretty well, with an additional, curb stomp.

Vouile

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Esquire

@MasterJohn said:

I'm sorry that you fell this was unfair, and I admit I was expecting something more from Ivy, since you agreed to the fight. I offered you the option of picking a teammate or going 1-on-1, and you said we could do Daken and Ravager vs Poison Ivy. I assumed you had strategies and the like that would allow you to make it a good fight. It appears I was mistaken, so I apologize.

If you ever want to debate a different fight in the future, I would very much enjoy it. I wish you well, sir!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokergeist

@Esquire: I still Battle ya. Infact I have a trick up my sleeve.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Esquire

@CadenceV2: Sounds good. Want to make the OP?