Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hulkage

Hulkage vs Arcus

No Caption Provided

Team Hulkage: Percy Jackson, Frank Zhang, Nico di Angelo, Jason Grace, Leo Valdez, Hazel Levesque, Piper Mclean

No Caption Provided

Team Arcus: Green Scarab (YJ), Miss Martian (YJ), Zia Rashid (KC), Hawkgirl (JLU), Sadie Kane (KC), Carter Kane (KC)

Layout:

This is a team battle consisting of 7 different members. I will pick one of my characters and Arcus will choose who he wants to battle said character, to make it fair it will alternate each round (Arcus picks a character and I get to choose her opponent). Each member will face an opponent in a 1v1 battle. Votes can be cast on each round to determine the winner. Then the eighth and final round is an all out battle between the two teams. The winner of this debate will be the debater with the most victories.

Rules:

• Morals On/Completely In Character
  • Win by KO/Incap/Death
  • No Prep
  • Items may be used, Temporary/Permanent Amps allowed
Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hulkage
comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By comicace3

Interesting matchup.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish you had Amos though, @arcus . Although still a good matchup.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't mean to annoy, but I believe Eragon is pictured on @Arcus: ' team, which would give him 7 members, but @Hulkage: has only listed 6 of his team members.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Are you using Eragon? Tag me either way

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I would personally back Eragon against the 7 on his own, much less with a team, it all depends on how you represent him though.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus So first off Frank Zhang vs.....?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO Eragon is too powerful, but I'm excited to see this. Tag for votes por favor :D

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arcus1

@stormdriven: I checked if Eragon was ok with him, and he said he was so he must have a plan

Will do!

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@stormdriven: I checked if Eragon was ok with him, and he said he was so he must have a plan

Will do!

That's cool. And thanks. Good luck to the both of you!

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven:

Thanks! First posts should be up tonight

We're gonna do one post each for the individual match ups to lay out out case and have people vote on each matchup (at least that's the plan)

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stormdriven

@arcus: Interesting. I'm looking forward to it :)

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hulkage

No Caption Provided

Frank Zhang:

Hawkgirls speed, strength, and large array of Thanagarian weapons make her a formidable foe, even in the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited universe. She is a great character and my favorite Justice League arc is still Justice League: Starcrossed, if you haven't seen it you should give it a look, seriously. But unfortunately for her she has met an opponent that she cannot defeat. "Wait a minute hulkage. What can this teenage boy possible do to Hawkgirl?" Well the questions should be, "What can hawkgirl possibly due to Frank Zhang?" but we'll get to that a little bit later on. Frank is one of the most powerful demigods in the whole series mainly due to his double-god heritage. He is the son of Mars, the roman version of Ares, and a direct descendant of Poseidon. He is also a descendant of the Argonauts which make his family history very rich in power. He is a natural born leader and would die protecting his friends and ensuring their safety. He is also willing to kill though he finds no pleasure in it. "Hulkage, what are you trying to get at? All of that is great, but what makes this kid so special?" Well if you bear with me (pun intended). I will prove to you why Frank Zhang will beat this incarnation in a fight.

Animal Shape Shifting:

Frank discovered that due to his direct lineage to Poseidon and the Argonauts, he has the ability to transform into any animal, fictional or nonfictional at will. He has even turned into a fire breathing dragon on more than one occasion.

Romans screamed and scattered as a full-sized dragon charged through the forum—a beast even scarier than the bronze dragon figurehead on the Argo II. It had rough gray skin like a Komodo lizard’s and leathery bat wings. Arrows and rocks bounced harmlessly off its hide as it lumbered toward Piper and Jason, grabbed them with its front claws, and vaulted into the air.

"Is that… ?" Annabeth couldn’t even put the thought into words.

"Frank," Percy confirmed, a few feet above her. "He has a few special talents."

"Understatement," Annabeth muttered. "Keep climbing!"

He has turned into plenty of heavy hitting beast like lions, bears, rhino's, and elephants. And with the large array of animals with different abilities he should have around ten to twelve different senses that he could use (for example, spiders have a precog, some birds can see ultraviolet light, this should help http://www.cracked.com/article_18837_7-superpowered-animal-senses-you-wont-believe-are-possible.html ). Then there are the speedy or agile animals: birds, snakes, etc. Some birds have even been clocked at over 200 mph (falcon). He can even turn his clothes and weapons into the animal as well. He became so profficient in this ability that in the House of Hades....well read for yourself:

Later, he couldn’t remember the details clearly. He sliced through monsters until he was ankle deep in yellow dust. Whenever he got overwhelmed and the clouds of gas began to choke him, he changed shape

—became an elephant, a dragon, a lion—and each transformation seemed to clear his lungs, giving him a fresh burst of energy. His shape-shifting became so fluid, he could start an attack in human form with his sword and finish as a lion, raking his claws across a katobleps’s snout.

But in my opinion his best feat using this ability was attacking as a swarm of bees. He transferred his consciousness into multiple small animals and was able to attack with each separate one. How does Hawkgirl fight a swarm of bees? Punch it? No, the ability isn't intangibility in the sense of phasing, but what does Hawkgirl possess something would suggest that she could kill all of these bees quickly enough without Frank changing shape? The technology from her Thanagarian weaponry might help but the AoE would have to be large enough to take out every single one. Lets think on this. Hawkgirl rushes in to punch or swing a sword (which is very much in character) and she ends up scattering a swarm of bees. No damage done to Frank at all. The bees might not be able to harm Hawkgirl but the same is true vice versa.

Blessing of Mars:

Lets say that she could easily bypass her bee situation. I mean come on that's just silly right? Your best defense was bees? No my best defense was a little ability called the blessing of Mars. This blessing is a gift from Mars/Ares that is given to all those who are deemed worthy. It can also be awakened with great rage. Luckily for Frank, at the end of the book, House of Hades, Frank is able to activate this ability at will. "Hulkage, once again, get to the point." Fine, I will if you don't appreciate a good backstory. This ability gives the opponent temporary nigh invincibility coupled with superior strength and speed. Clarisse, with the blessing was able to solo a drakon (dragon on some serious steroids with acid spit and flame breath) and could survive getting frozen solid. This isn't about Clarisse and I understand this but Frank receives the same power.

The monsters kicked with their hooves. They breathed noxious gas and glared straight at Frank

with their poisonous eyes. He should have died. He should have been trampled. But somehow, he

stayed on his feet, unharmed, and unleashed a hurricane of violence.

He didn’t feel any sort of pleasure in this, but he didn’t hesitate, either. He stabbed one monster

and beheaded another. He turned into a dragon and bit a

katobleps in half, then changed into an

elephant and trampled three at once under his feet. His vision was still tinted red, and he realized his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him. He was actually glowing

—surrounded by a rosy aura.

He didn’t understand why, but he kept fighting until there was only one monster left.

Frank faced it with his sword drawn. He was out of breath, sweaty, and caked in monster dust,

but he was unharmed.

This is especially important because these klatobeps had petrification vision and released a poisonous gas. He not only shows resistance to both of these techniques, but he flat out isn't affected at all (aside from him being exhausted but he just killed over 200 monsters, give him a break, sheesh). He even got a permanent amp to his base after mastering this blessing.

"But…" Hazel gripped his shoulders and stared at him in amazement. "Frank, what

happened to

you?"

"To

me?" He stood, suddenly self-conscious. "I don’t…"

He looked down and realized what she meant. Triptolemus hadn’t gotten shorter. Frank was

taller. His gut had shrunk. His chest seemed bulkier.

Frank had had growth spurts before. Once he’d woken up two centimeters taller than when he’d

gone to sleep. But this was nuts. It was as if some of the dragon and lion had stayed with him when

he’d turned back to human.

"Uh…I don’t…Maybe I can fix it."

Hazel laughed with delight. "Why? You look amazing!"

Weapons and Special Items:

Bow: This is Franks favorite weapon and he is a master archer. He is even compared to the Apollo kids at camp half blood. His bow turns into a backpack when put on his back and the items inside disappear to god knows where. His arrows include rope arrows, net arrows (tie people up), exploding arrows, imperial gold tipped arrows, and smoke arrows.

Mars' Spear: This spear is tipped with a dragon tooth, it can be used as a regular spear, but when stabbed into the ground it creates a skeletal warrior. These warriors have only been killed by banishment by a child of Hades and have super strength, speed, and a ridiculous healing factor (see: edo tensei).

Diocletian's Sceptor: Can summon undead legions of Roman armies that are completely under his command. Needs a child of Hades for use.

Life Stick: Frank can't die until his life stick is burnt up. The fates won't allow it and his fate is tied to this piece of wood. He can be KO'd and incapped, but he will not die until his stick is all the way burnt up. A downside is that once it is burnt up, he dies. So he keeps it in a fire proof bag courtesy of Leo that is kept with Hazel at all times.

@arcus In conclusion, the Blessing of Mars coupled with an Animal Shifting Ability make him a tough person to put down. He can augment his strength to high levels whether its in his human form or in the form of an animal (elephant) which should be sufficient enough to her down, her durability wasn't all that great in the show. Then she will have to deal with all of the many amazing senses that animals have evolved to have in order to better survive or hunt. Hawkgirl will have to figure out a way to even damage Frank, must less beat him.

Ball is now in your court.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eragon is in this?

One-man army coming through~

Gl to you both ; 3;

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shayera Hol: Hawkgirl

Loading Video...

Well let's get this started. Above is a sample of some of Hawkgirl's fight scenes, I think it largely speaks for itself. As you can see, Hawkgirl is a fast, agile flyer, and a very capable combatant who hits hard enough to stagger Superman-level characters. She is more than a match for Frank

Physicals:

As a Thanagarian, Hawkgirl has above human physical stats. Hawkgirl doesn't often make her strength evident because she's usually hitting things with her mace (which is another matter entirely), but she does have a few instances to make it clear she's superhuman. For example, in the above video at 9:30 she picks up a supervillain almost twice her size then proceeds to slam that villain into the ground. She's also got some nice showings of strength and durability in her and Vixen's fight with Wonder Woman. Some of that fight is above, put I'll go ahead and post the whole thing

Loading Video...

As you can see, she takes repeated blows from Wonder Woman (who's much stronger than Frank) and even manages to affect her with some hits of her own without her mace (obviously she's not in Wonder Woman's weight class though)

Flight

I don't have any videos that will add anything to this that hasn't been shown already. Hawkgirl is fast, agile, and a very capable aerial combatant, more capable than anything Frank has demonstrated. If the fight gets into the air Hawkgirl will have an advantage, and even if Frank stays on the ground her flight will help her avoid attacks and land her own (see her fight with Solomon Grundy, a video focused on that is coming)

The Mace:

Hawkgirl only uses one weapon, but it's incredibly potent: her mace. As you've seen in the videos, Hawkgirl hits way out of her weight class with her mace, staggering characters more durable than any animal (even Frank's dragon form doesn't have any notable durability feats to make it more durable than Superman-levelers unless you have something notable I don't know of).

The mace is also electric, which could give Hawkgirl an added edge. She can use it to shock people (top video 1:16), and even release short range electric shocks (In "The Balance" where Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl went to fight Faust she used that ability to set fire to the library)

However, the mace's most potent ability is that it nullifies magic-any magic. She's hurt or beaten Dr. Fate, Chaos Magic Grundy, and the Annihilator armor with her mace even when other, stronger characters were useless

Here it's shown that Hawkgirl's mace could harm the Annihilator Armor: a weapon created by Hepheastus for Ares that was blessed to be unstoppable (hmm...wonder what that sounds like?)

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

The video above doesn't explain itself as well: this is Chaos Magic Grundy, who was enhanced to the point of being basically invincible. Only Hawkgirl's anti-magic mace could nullify the enchantment and end Grundy's life

How She's Going to Win:

Well now that I've laid out Hawkgirl's abilities, let's get down to buisness. Here's how she's going to win

• Hawkgirl hits harder than almost everyone, if not everyone, Frank's encountered (going by actual feats of course). She certainly hits harder than Frank. There's no earthly animal that could stagger Superman level characters (even DCAU level Superman) the way she does, and unless there's something amazing in the last book neither does any mythical animal that Frank's shown the ability to turn into
    • Just a side note: you said Frank can turn into a fire breathing dragon. Has he ever actually breathed fire in that form?
  • Hawkgirl can take a beating from a character far stronger than Frank (Wonder Woman) and keep going. She might take some hits from Frank, but she can handle it
  • Arrows are nice, Hawkgirl regularly deals with lasers and bullets. In the first video you see her blocking Star Sapphire's blasts at the beginning. She can deal with arrows
  • The skeletal warrior's good, but it's also grounded. It was also damaged by the basilisks, so it's not impossible to suggest that Hawkgirl could damage it, especially with her magic-disruption
  • The whole bee swarm thing is nice, but there's some problems. First, how often does Frank even turn into bees in an actual fight? Usually he favors something big. Second, bee stings aren't going to take down Hawkgirl. Third, Hawkgirl's mace's electricity could shock Frank in bee form (if she doesn't just swat the bees with her mace)
  • Now, you said the blessing of Mars was Frank's biggest defense, and normally it would be. However, Hawkgirl's mace is perfect to counter it. Now you might say "but the blessing of Mars isn't magic!" The power of the Greek gods in PJ has been referred to as magic before. There's also the Annihilator armor, a creation of the DCAU versions of Hepheastus and Ares that was blessed to be invincible. In it's first appearance it was taking bullets, explosions, punches from Wonder Woman, and everything else without the slightest hint of damage. Supposedly, the only way to stop it was by not fighting, but then Faust took it over and removed that weakness. Then Hawkgirl came along and smashed a hole in it. Hmm...empowered by Ares (Mars), invulnerable, strong in combat...kinda sounds like Frank with the Blessing of Mars, doesn't it? Obviously it won't be spelled out for us, but this seems to be about as close of an indication as we're going to get that Hawkgirl's mace can disrupt godly enchantments, meaning Frank's now vulnerable. Without the blessing of Mars, he can't take many hits from Hawkgirl, and she's more than experienced enough to land hits on him.
    • The best part is, Frank has no idea her mace has this power. He's going to charge into battle, confident in his invulnerability (not that he'll be reckless or anything, but he's not going to be focused on evading Hawkgirl's mace like the plague), and then Hawkgirl will put him down hard

Well I believe that covers everything.

So what we're doing here is a post each on each 1v1 match then opening it up for votes. After the 1 on 1's we'll have a longer debate for a team battle. With that said, the first 1 on 1 is done, so with @hulkage's agreement voting for Frank vs Hawkgirl is now open

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

@hulkage: Tag for votes.

Eragon may be a little much though, imo.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: Tag for votes.

We're doing 7 mini-rounds with 1v1 matches, the first one (Frank vs Hawkgirl) is done (we're just doing one post each) and ready for voting

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Good post....let the votes begin.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage said:

@arcus: Good post....let the votes begin.

thanks, you too

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@arcus: @hulkage: I'll give it a read, retag me in the morning if I don't vote by then.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miss Martian solos

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: we're not at that point yet, we're debating 7 1v1 matches first with a post each. The first one (Frank Zhang vs Hawkgirl) is done if you want to vote

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Annabeth Chase?

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblondegod: Everyone here is more powerful and honestly I can think of at least two more people that I would pick over her...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblondegod: would you like to vote on the first 1v1 matchup, Frank vs Hawkgirl?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to go against any HoO character, but I'm gonna have to go with @Arcus because he countered Frank perfectly.

I think it's kinda weird your only doing one post per character though. That doesn't really allow for any counters and would often make the last debaters post sound better because it wouldn't be able to be debunked.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: my thinking was to alternate who goes first, and we might change how this works depending on how it goes. There's also the final team battle that'll be multiple posts

Thanks for the vote!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I'd recommend it to be two post so that both of you get a chance to counter each other, but that's just me.

No problem!

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Arcus1
Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll hold my vote until you guys decide

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage said:

@theblondegod: Everyone here is more powerful and honestly I can think of at least two more people that I would pick over her...

I was just looking for her bc she's in the picture lol. Anyways, I agree with you. Even Piper is powerful enough just with her Charmspeak.

@arcus said:

@theblondegod: would you like to vote on the first 1v1 matchup, Frank vs Hawkgirl?

Hi, thank you for the tag. Yes, I'd love to. As much as I can see Hawkgirl's complexity I would think of her as one of the threats in this battle. So I vote for Hawkgirl. Tag me for another matchup, please. I would love to see this end. Thank you.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Yeah my second one will be up tomorrow morning.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: I know it's not time for the next round yet but who would you like to do next? That way we can start thinking/preparing anything

Here's what I was thinking for the individual matchups (in no particular order):

• Percy vs Eragon
  • Jason vs Carter
  • Nico vs Sadie
  • Leo vs Zia
  • Hazel vs Green Beetle
  • Piper vs Miss Martian

Those sound acceptable?

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus@hulkage:

I vote for Hawkwoman, the mace thing is a good argument

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

Shayera Hol: Hawkgirl

Well let's get this started. Above is a sample of some of Hawkgirl's fight scenes, I think it largely speaks for itself. As you can see, Hawkgirl is a fast, agile flyer, and a very capable combatant who hits hard enough to stagger Superman-level characters. She is more than a match for Frank

Physicals:

As a Thanagarian, Hawkgirl has above human physical stats. Hawkgirl doesn't often make her strength evident because she's usually hitting things with her mace (which is another matter entirely), but she does have a few instances to make it clear she's superhuman. For example, in the above video at 9:30 she picks up a supervillain almost twice her size then proceeds to slam that villain into the ground. She's also got some nice showings of strength and durability in her and Vixen's fight with Wonder Woman. Some of that fight is above, put I'll go ahead and post the whole thing

As you can see, she takes repeated blows from Wonder Woman (who's much stronger than Frank) and even manages to affect her with some hits of her own without her mace (obviously she's not in Wonder Woman's weight class though)

Frank has taken blows from Giants, who are legitimate mountain tossers. This puts them on par with JLU Wonder Woman if not above.

“Be nice!” Ephialtes scolded. “At any rate, my girl, you’re absolutely right, but this hypogeum is much more than the stageworks for a coliseum. You’ve heard that in the old days some giants were imprisoned under the earth, and from time to time they would cause earthquakes when they tried to break free? Well, we’ve done much better! Otis and I have been imprisoned under Rome for eons, but we’ve kept busy building our very own hypogeum. Now we’re ready to create the greatest spectacle Rome has ever seen—and the last!”

At Otis’s feet, Nico shuddered. Percy felt like a hellhound hamster wheel somewhere in his chest had started moving again. At least Nico was alive. Now they just had to defeat the giants, preferably without destroying the city of Rome, and get out of here to find their friends.

“So!” Percy said, hoping to keep the giants’ attention on him. “Stage directions, you said?”

“Yes!” Ephialtes said. “Now, I know the bounty stipulates that you and the girl Annabeth should be kept alive if possible, but honestly, the girl is already doomed, so I hope you don’t mind if we deviate from the plan.”

Percy’s mouth tasted like bad nymph water. “Already doomed. You don’t mean she’s—”

“Dead?” the giant asked. “No. Not yet. But don’t worry! We’ve got your other friends locked up, you see.”

Piper made a strangled sound. “Leo? Hazel and Frank?”

“Those are the ones,” Ephialtes agreed. “So we can use them for the sacrifice. We can let the Athena girl die, which will please Her Ladyship. And we can use you three for the show! Gaea will be a bit disappointed, but really, this is a win-win. Your deaths will be much more entertaining.”

Jason snarled. “You want entertaining? I’ll give you entertaining.”

Piper stepped forward. Somehow she managed a sweet smile. “I’ve got a better idea,” she told the giants. “Why don’t you let us go? That would be an incredible twist. Wonderful entertainment value, and it would prove to the world how cool you are.”

Nico stirred. Otis looked down at him. His snaky feet flicked their tongues at Nico’s head.

“Plus!” Piper said quickly. “Plus, we could do some dance moves as we’re escaping. Perhaps a ballet number!”

Otis forgot all about Nico. He lumbered over and wagged his finger at Ephialtes. “You see? That’s what I was telling you! It would be incredible!”

For a second, Percy thought Piper was going to pull it off. Otis looked at his brother imploringly. Ephialtes tugged at his chin as if considering the idea.

At last he shook his head. “No…no, I’m afraid not. You see, my girl, I am the anti-Dionysus. I have a reputation to uphold. Dionysus thinks he knows parties? He’s wrong! His revels are tame compared to what I can do. That old stunt we pulled, for instance, when we piled up mountains to reach Olympus—”

“I told you that would never work,” Otis muttered.

This shows that Otis and Ephialtes where strong enough to cause earthquakes and stack mountains. The special affects thing that we have argued on extensively isn't even addressed. "But the twins weren't battled by Frank, they were battled by Jason and Percy, who are separate characters with separate feats." Yes, I know this, but the twins were outright stated to be the weakest Giants. They are even physically dwarfed in stature, standing at about 12 feet, when the average is 25-30. Frank fought Alyconeous in Alaska, one of the stronger giants and the eldest, trading blows with him using a sword (well Hazel's spatha, which is basically the same thing). He was also able to take direct hits from him and the giant in the House of Hades and continue fighting (for the latter he was using the blessing of mars, the first one he wasn't). This shows that he should be capable of dealing with Hawkgirl's maceless blows.

Flight

I don't have any videos that will add anything to this that hasn't been shown already. Hawkgirl is fast, agile, and a very capable aerial combatant, more capable than anything Frank has demonstrated. If the fight gets into the air Hawkgirl will have an advantage, and even if Frank stays on the ground her flight will help her avoid attacks and land her own (see her fight with Solomon Grundy, a video focused on that is coming)

Hawkgirl is a very competant aerial combatant.But even she will have a tough time dealing with a guy who can quite literally start an attack, in the air, as a bird and end it as, let's say a rhino, and end it as a bird in a few seconds. Also, if he stays grounded the Hawkgirl will try and bulrush him (which is completely in character). What happens when she aims for a boy and misses because he decided that he felt like being a snake was a good idea at the time. Or trying to hit this boy and realizing that there is an elephant or a dragon (whose durability I will happily explain later). There are literally millions of creatures mythical or non mythical that make him much more agile than Hawkgirl can dream of being. Also Solomon Grundy shouldn't be used to gauge on how Frank will fare against Hawkgirl. He is a completely different character and character type (walking brick) than Frank is.

The Mace:

Hawkgirl only uses one weapon, but it's incredibly potent: her mace. As you've seen in the videos, Hawkgirl hits way out of her weight class with her mace, staggering characters more durable than any animal (even Frank's dragon form doesn't have any notable durability feats to make it more durable than Superman-levelers unless you have something notable I don't know of).

Often the most impressive feats are the ones most people easily overlook. You call into question Franks dragon's durability, well my friend, as evident in the scene provided in my last post, Frank's dragon is durable enough to withstand both arrows and rocks. "Wow, rocks? Really? Your best durability argument is rocks?" Actually, yes it is. You see these rocks aren't actually rocks, they are boulders fired from Roman catapults. "Yeah that's cool but most characters in the JLU easily can output more damage than a flying boulder, and especially Hawkgirl with her mace." Yes, that would be true, but once again these boulders aren't actually boulders. Let's read this next excerpt together, shall we.

Annabeth called to him as another explosion rocked the forum. This time the flash of light was directly overhead. One of the Roman catapults had fired, and the Argo II groaned and tilted sideways, flames bubbling over its bronze-plated hull.

"Wait a second, these are explosive boulders?" Yes, they are and its time for a little bit of background information. The Romans had just finished a battle with Polybotes and his army of monsters a few hours before. All of their war equipment was still in the same position that they had left it in previously. The Romans had set up these catapults in order to drive back this army filled with cyclopes, centaurs, hellhounds, dracanae, etc. "Well where are these explosions coming from?" Oh that's simple, the Romans had somehow (don't ask me how because I don't know, the story doesn't give specifics) weaponized Greek Fire in order to maximize the damage output of these boulders. Greek fire is a magical substance that can burn even underwater and it can also be used as a explosive. This is evident during Percy and Charles Beckendorf's raid on the cruise ship, Princess Andromeda. Just a few small jars were potent enough to blow up the cruise ship by a blast that could be felt hundreds of feet away. So these are not just your average boulders. In fact the catapults were strong enough to damage the Argo II, which is a huge aerial and nautical ship made of bronze, a very strong transitional metal, and damaging it enough that Leo had to stop and make repairs before it fell completely apart. These were fired at Frank the mighty dragon and not only did he survive it, he completely no-sold it. Riordan, who is a very intelligent author, uses the word "rocks" not to downplay their power but to emphasize on how huge and how durable Franks dragon had become.

The mace is also electric, which could give Hawkgirl an added edge. She can use it to shock people (top video 1:16), and even release short range electric shocks (In "The Balance" where Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl went to fight Faust she used that ability to set fire to the library).

Thats cool but there are plenty of electric resistant and electricity producing animals in the world. Plus the curse would no sell that.

However, the mace's most potent ability is that it nullifies magic-any magic. She's hurt or beaten Dr. Fate, Chaos Magic Grundy, and the Annihilator armor with her mace even when other, stronger characters were useless

Here it's shown that Hawkgirl's mace could harm the Annihilator Armor: a weapon created by Hepheastus for Ares that was blessed to be unstoppable (hmm...wonder what that sounds like?)

The video above doesn't explain itself as well: this is Chaos Magic Grundy, who was enhanced to the point of being basically invincible. Only Hawkgirl's anti-magic mace could nullify the enchantment and end Grundy's life.

This is where this gets interesting but in order not to repeat points, I will explain this in your next section.

How She's Going to Win:

Well now that I've laid out Hawkgirl's abilities, let's get down to buisness. Here's how she's going to win

• Hawkgirl hits harder than almost everyone, if not everyone, Frank's encountered (going by actual feats of course). She certainly hits harder than Frank. There's no earthly animal that could stagger Superman level characters (even DCAU level Superman) the way she does, and unless there's something amazing in the last book neither does any mythical animal that Frank's shown the ability to turn into
    • Just a side note: you said Frank can turn into a fire breathing dragon. Has he ever actually breathed fire in that form?

No, she doesn't have the strength feats to match up with the giants. And the first time that he turned into a dragon, which was during the final fight in New Rome, he was breathing fire.

• Hawkgirl can take a beating from a character far stronger than Frank (Wonder Woman) and keep going. She might take some hits from Frank, but she can handle it

Frank can take a beating from characters stronger than Hawkgirl, he might take some hits but he can handle it.

• Arrows are nice, Hawkgirl regularly deals with lasers and bullets. In the first video you see her blocking Star Sapphire's blasts at the beginning. She can deal with arrows

Yes, but Arrows would be used in a tactical fashion, the same way any Marvel or DC character uses them on heavy hitters. Not to pierce, but to distract or incap.

• The skeletal warrior's good, but it's also grounded. It was also damaged by the basilisks, so it's not impossible to suggest that Hawkgirl could damage it, especially with her magic-disruption

The skeletal warrior is grounded, but Hawkgirl isn't that tactical and if an opponent is on the ground then she will ground herself as well. She may use the air to bulrush her opponent but she isn't fast enough that the skeletal warrior couldn't react to. And the basilisks damaged it, but once again it wasn't permanent, the warrior simply regenerated. (Be patient, the magic argument is coming)

• The whole bee swarm thing is nice, but there's some problems. First, how often does Frank even turn into bees in an actual fight? Usually he favors something big. Second, bee stings aren't going to take down Hawkgirl. Third, Hawkgirl's mace's electricity could shock Frank in bee form (if she doesn't just swat the bees with her mace)

He has done it twice. And I never expected the bee stings to take her down. He can use this technique defensively. Her mace would have to have an AoE big enough to affect the entire swarm to truly harm him. And swatting every bee in the swarm doesn't seem logical, especially if she is suppose to do it before another transformation.

• Now, you said the blessing of Mars was Frank's biggest defense, and normally it would be. However, Hawkgirl's mace is perfect to counter it. Now you might say "but the blessing of Mars isn't magic!" 1. The power of the Greek gods in PJ has been referred to as magic before. There's also the 2. Annihilator armor, a creation of the DCAU versions of Hepheastus and Ares that was blessed to be invincible. In it's first appearance it was taking bullets, explosions, punches from Wonder Woman, and everything else without the slightest hint of damage. Supposedly, the only way to stop it was by not fighting, but then Faust took it over and removed that weakness. 3.Then Hawkgirl came along and smashed a hole in it. Hmm...empowered by Ares (Mars), invulnerable, strong in combat...kinda sounds like Frank with the Blessing of Mars, doesn't it? Obviously it won't be spelled out for us, but this seems to be about as close of an indication as we're going to get that Hawkgirl's mace can disrupt 4. godly enchantments, meaning Frank's now vulnerable. Without the blessing of Mars, he can't take many hits from Hawkgirl, and she's more than experienced enough to land hits on him.
    • 5. The best part is, Frank has no idea her mace has this power. He's going to charge into battle, confident in his invulnerability (not that he'll be reckless or anything, but he's not going to be focused on evading Hawkgirl's mace like the plague), and then Hawkgirl will put him down hard

Here we get to the fun part.

1. The power of the Greek gods was referred to as magic by a source that isn't credible. Seeing as it wasn't a god, titan, primordial being, or even Chiron. Means that the statement holds no value. Prove that the power is magic. Also if all of their powers were magical, then why would they need a specific goddess of magic, Hecate? Or why did the wind gods and Hermes have trouble getting through Hecate's magical enchantment that prevented aerial assault in the Last Olympian?
  2. The DC universes Hepheastus and Ares are two different entities from the PJverse. The PJverses are the same ones from the myths. The DC universes are based off of those gods but have different stories and feats that differ from the original myths so cannot be taken as the same entities, although they are similar. Also the weapon was built by Hephaestus for Ares, meaning that its properties have no correlation with the blessing that was actually a gift from Ares/Mars. It was created to be invincible, not blessed.
  3. Yes it does indeed sound similar, but it was never truly a gift from Ares/Mars. Once again it was created by Hephaestus for Ares so its properties can only be attributed to Hephaestus.
  4. Magical enchantments not godly.
  5. Frank, even with his enchantment, doesn't take hits just because of his invulnerability. He still dodges, parries, moves, etc. He isn't the same as Percy, who was taking on bullets because of his curse, he is still the same fighter that he always was, just with a better defense.

@arcus

Well I believe that covers everything.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@hulkage: I know it's not time for the next round yet but who would you like to do next? That way we can start thinking/preparing anything

Here's what I was thinking for the individual matchups (in no particular order):

• Percy vs Eragon
  • Jason vs Carter
  • Nico vs Sadie
  • Leo vs Zia
  • Hazel vs Green Beetle
  • Piper vs Miss Martian

Those sound acceptable?

I wanted Eragon vs Hazel and Jason vs Miss Martian.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me in for new rounds of matchup guys! Thanks! :)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage:

I could make that work. Then how about Green Beetle vs Percy and Carter vs Piper?

I'll have my final reply up by tonight at the latest

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers